Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Subsoap dude.  On one hand I do feel sorry for him because there were a bunch of people who got Faerie Solitaire for free and sort of scammed their way into an Infinity Bundle (of course I only paid like $2 for mine since I bought FS and he offered the bundle free to anyone who previously bought a game).  One the other hand... he did make that offer available.  On the third hand, it's been so long I doubt I can remember any of my Infinity Bundle information so I'm not going to raise a fuss about it. I'll just wait for him to eventually distribute keys and let the muckrakers rake the muck and possibly get him to do it faster.  I really have no desire to play the beta of a match-3 game.

Not to go off topic from the current discussion, but how is Goat Sim not mentioned in the title? Obvious GOTY there!
Once the workshop starts getting more content, it will really start selling. I don't think I've played a better game than Goat Simulator in the last 5 years.

Once the workshop starts getting more content, it will really start selling. I don't think I've played a better game than Goat Simulator in the last 5 years.
x4or2e.jpg

Sort of. Name recognition is a huge selling point for the Story bundles, so just having books about Earthbound, Minecraft, and Portal in the top tier is more important than the actual cost of said books. As we've seen in the Humble eBook bundles, most people who are interested in these collections aren't going to take the time to research what the cheapest price for an individual book is; they're happy to just pay over the average to get all the books (e-books rarely have the huge sales that games do). The Steam key included is more of a bonus that, quite frankly, I don't see many in their target audience actually taking the time to activate.
Yeah, ebook buyers are a different sort of audience. This doesn't seem at all atypical for a Storybundle, and those seem to always end up with averages over $12.

As for Faerie Solitaire, I got that for free some time back, but I don't think I ever grabbed the Infinity Bundle.

Jeez, people are impatient with these Scourge: Ourbreak cards.  Two have sold today for over a dollar, and people are already undercutting down to $0.66

Jeez, people are impatient with these Scourge: Ourbreak cards. Two have sold today for over a dollar, and people are already undercutting down to $0.66
I'm undercutting like mad. Reality is those cards aren't worth more than 15 or so cents. It's a $10 indie game on sale for $7 and was in a 5 for $5 Steam indie bundle three or so years ago.

So Faeverse Alchemy is up and besides that fact that it's priced $30 for an unfinished casual game, the Subsoap dev says he can't be bothered at the moment to do an automated system for distributing keys to Infinity Bundle owners (remember that?) and that it will get done eventually but not before the time of full release and who the hell knows when that is?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/282880/discussions/0/558752356881060806/#c558752356885424078

Given Subsoap's slow schedule up to this point and the general lack of most Early Access games coming out in a reasonable time frame I don't see that happening soon. That Infinity Bundle was supposed to be keys for all their future games, not all their future games except for Early Access. He's also whining about not having time to deal with some people who got comp keys for the Infinity Bundle in spite of the fact that no one made him do that.

Sorry, I just told him off. I don't care if some of you guys disagree with me, I just think that's all total bullshit. We've waited this long with nothing to show for that Infinity Bundle and now that something turns up, albeit unfinished, and we can't get keys because he doesn't feel like automating them right now. Man, funk dat.
Holy hell... I completely forgot that I am entitled to one of every game they ever develop. Ever. That has to be the nuttiest thing I've ever seen someone do. I mean, I love Faerie Solitaire and I probably paid a couple of bucks for it and all... but...

Jeez, people are impatient with these Scourge: Ourbreak cards. Two have sold today for over a dollar, and people are already undercutting down to $0.66
Most of the time if you let the undercutters sell-off then your card will come up in the queue. Screw those guys.

I'm undercutting like mad. Reality is those cards aren't worth more than 15 or so cents. It's a $10 indie game on sale for $7 and was in a 5 for $5 Steam indie bundle three or so years ago.
Let's be honest. They're "worth" nothing. But why not let the market sit for a bit while the cards are still coming in? I'm not trying to sell for $5 or anything. Just let the price come down slowly. No need to cut it in half in an hour.

Would it be that much of an imposition for the Dead Island Riptide "Fashion Victim" DLC page to actually show, you know, what the new skins look like? :whistle2:k

Juarez games will be in the Humble Ubi Bundle. Anyone got an opinion on which of these is the 'best?'
I've played most of them: CoJ, BiB, and Gunslinger.

Basically, all of them except The Cartel.

I like Gunslinger the best of the club, actually.

While the other two are damn good - dammit, Gunslinger's just all kinds of freaking awesome.

I've played most of them: CoJ, BiB, and Gunslinger.

Basically, all of them except The Cartel.

I like Gunslinger the best of the club, actually.

While the other two are damn good - dammit, Gunslinger's just all kinds of freaking awesome.
Gotta agree, Gunslinger is the better game.

Yes. Here's what it looks like now.

rn2xsDn.jpg

Though in my defense it was a laptop that someone else got rid of because they shattered the screen. I took it out to see how easy it would be to replace but decided it wasn't worth it for this machine which I've found various unlaptop-like functions for since.

As a word of warning, I like to tinker and have no trouble taking apart my new, expensive electronics on occasion, but when the various layers of plastic and stuff started falling away when I disassembled the screen I wasn't at all confident they'd go back together easily if that had been the goal.
Eh... I took it all apart just fine, I'm fine with stuff like that. The screen itself is pretty sealed up, though... and in my house full of cathair, taking apart the near-microscopic screws that hold the LCD together, which don't even make sense as far as positioning and what takes apart what, coupled with the fact that I can't find a single tutorial or video on how to dismantle the screen itself (only videos show how to take it out and replace it, which is mindlessly easy), I gave up on that idea.

$105 later, an identical replacement screen is in the mail... Some people would find replacing it over a brown little bug smudge is stupid and petty, but I'm an entitled white boy, so fuck all y'all.

Since everyone else is talking about Tomb Raider...

Admittedly I own Tomb Raider but haven't played it yet (imagine that) but the whole softer Lara thing kind of turns me off. Is a tough female lead something that's Terminator 2/Xena 90s passé?
Hard to say she's ever soft. The game starts out with her being in ridiculously stressful and physically demanding scenarios, which she fights through and pulls off. Sure, maybe she's a little weepy and traumatized at first, and naturally killing someone for the first time is going to hit her hard, but she moves on and is fucking hard pretty much immediately.

That said, it's not like it's corny how she's suddenly Rambo. She's dropped into a situation where she has to fight, and regardless of this being a prequel, she's obviously been a bit of an explorer before the game starts, just not on the level of what she does in this game.

She's young, in good shape, physically agile, and given a gun. Realistically, 90% of video games aren't realistic at all, but Tomb Raider doesn't really go off the deep in of believability. In any case, the old Lara was in games with pretty much no emotion or character development... so comparing the two games is a bit silly.

LCD assemblies are pretty tight, they bind the polarizer, LCD, and diffuser together. This bug sound like it is between some cover glass and the panel assembly. Look up disassembly instructions for your laptop. (A few laptops have had un-disassemble-able lid assemblies.) I've replaced a few screens/CCFLs.
Nope, unfortunately the bug is INSIDE the LCD assembly himself. I disassembled the lid and did everything but disconnect the cable. I'm not going in there pulling apart the LCD assembly blind. There are no videos, no guides, as I mentioned above. That's pretty far beyond my abilities, and I know I'm going to fuck things up more. $105 isn't as much as I thought a replacement screen would be, and at least I'll have a backup now.

Re: Subsoap dude. On one hand I do feel sorry for him because there were a bunch of people who got Faerie Solitaire for free and sort of scammed their way into an Infinity Bundle (of course I only paid like $2 for mine since I bought FS and he offered the bundle free to anyone who previously bought a game). One the other hand... he did make that offer available. On the third hand, it's been so long I doubt I can remember any of my Infinity Bundle information so I'm not going to raise a fuss about it. I'll just wait for him to eventually distribute keys and let the muckrakers rake the muck and possibly get him to do it faster. I really have no desire to play the beta of a match-3 game.
three_arms_lrg.png

Most of the time if you let the undercutters sell-off then your card will come up in the queue. Screw those guys.
Meh... not with games with newly added cards. You have to sell fast or you're left behind in those cases. Waiting only applies once the market has stabilized.

Skins for a first person game...am I the only one that finds this incredibly silly?
Not when the game is focused on multiplayer, like BL2. Then again, you see your character every time you open the menu in BL2. Dunno if you ever see your character in the new DI.

Found my 2011 email confirmation for the Little Big Bunch bundle showing 75 cents to charity and 75 cents presumably to the devs.  Almost too ashamed to request the key.

Almost.

Found my 2011 email confirmation for the Little Big Bunch bundle showing 75 cents to charity and 75 cents presumably to the devs. Almost too ashamed to request the key.

Almost.
Seriously? Most CAGs got it for free, hell.. a lot of people exploited it. There was no limit to how many free bundles you could get. Don't feel ashamed to request a key if you paid for it.

Seriously? Most CAGs got it for free, hell.. a lot of people exploited it. There was no limit to how many free bundles you could get. Don't feel ashamed to request a key if you paid for it.
Nah, I was mostly joking. Actually got two bundles for separate New Star Soccer accounts (and future keys) so it was $4 total. Not that the screenshot will show that.

It will show that my laptop battery is shot though. Oh, the shame!

Arkham Origins: Blackgate Deluxe or whatever is also on PS3, I remember you wondering why it wasn't on PS4. That's why, they'd rather port it to the bigger install base.
Being on PS3 doesn't mean it can't be on PS4. That's no excuse.

I'm not mad about it, if I bought this it would be for PC, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back