Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boogerman was...well, not a classic, but a decent 16-bit era platformer. Naturally as an eight-year-old, a game where you can throw snot, belch, and fly through the sheer force of your flatulence was awesome. Now, probably not so much. Although I still think farts are pretty much the funniest thing we have here on earth.

Also, I'm pretty sure the kickstarter for this reboot was a miserable failure so I don't even know if it's still happening.

All of them, except for GearGrinder.. I think. Someone should ask the GearGrinder dev is they allowed Strategy First to publish the game on Steam. Pretty sure that was a mistake (Strategy First did the same thing to Paper Monsters).
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Level 22 and Planet Stronghold didn't have any...

Yep, I'm retroactively jealous. Hot Scottish chick into games.

[customspoiler=Amy?]
Nx2J2A2.png

[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Stuff Nobody Cares About]Well, you should and you shouldn't be. You should be because she was beautiful (probably the hottest girl I ever dated, definitely out of my league, I only lucked out because we started at 14/15 so she was still in that awkward "ugly duckling" phase (not that I minded), but shit did she turn into a swan. The "transformation" ended up biting me in the ass about two or three years later, but it was good while it lasted), and she was the biggest PC gamer I ever dated. You shouldn't be because she actually lived in Scotland, so unless you're okay with long distance like I was.. probably not worth it (she puts that picture you posted to shame though, I'd post a pic from her FB but I wouldn't feel right doing it as we haven't spoken in years). [/customspoiler]

Bleh, look what you've done. Now I'm reminiscing. To think I actually miss dating someone five timezones away.

You're right, Level 22 didn't. However Planet Stronghold did have desura keys in Groupees Winter Wolves, but not in the Humble Weekly.
It was in the $10 tier on Groupees though so not many people exceot me bought Planet Stronghold at that price.

*Edited to add: Very early on Humble did give Desura keys. I think that stopped about the time Desura started running their own bundles, which was probably not so coincidental. The other bundles give Desura keys because it's just become the defacto expectation for games without Steam keys (yet), but Humble is the 800 pound gorilla and can pretty much do whatever they want.

I suppose I should also note that some Humble Store games do distribute Desura keys, but the developer has to specifically request it.

Desura is a direct competitor to Humble. ...moran.

It's like asking why Origin doesn't give steam keys.
I was gonna say "Well, pretty much every other bundle place gives them out except for BundleStars (but they don't do DRM-free/non-Steam games anyways), specifically Groupees and IndieGala" but Motoki more or less answered the question.

I suppose I should also note that some Humble Store games do distribute Desura keys, but the developer has to specifically request it.
The other bundles give Desura keys because it's just become the defacto expectation for games without Steam keys (yet), but Humble is the 800 pound gorilla and can pretty much do whatever they want.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the explanation.

I was gonna say "Well, pretty much every other bundle place gives them out except for BundleStars (but they don't do DRM-free/non-Steam games anyways), specifically Groupees and IndieGala" but Motoki more or less answered the question.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the explanation.
Desura/IR is a repository/storefront for games... and codes redeem there. Humble is the same. (I'm ignoring the GalaStore because no one sells keys that redeem there... all the ones I've looked at were steam keys anyhow.

They do thought for Steamworks games. (Tomb Raider, Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, Metro, Saints Row, Risen, Don't Remember Me, Resident Evil, DmC, Sniper Elite, Alan Wake, Darksiders, Batman, F3AR, etc..) :D
Still helps them drive traffic to their store... and damn I never noticed that... Origin's sales are very rarely worth mention...

I specified that Origin does not provide steam keys, because...

You're mentioning the other way around, which still makes sense to drive more traffic to Origin.
That's entirely different though. We're talking bundle sites vs. publishers. And IR does have an interest in their own client, but they still provide Steam keys.

Still helps them drive traffic to their store... and damn I never noticed that... Origin's sales are very rarely worth mention...
Most people don't realize that Origin sells steamworks games as Steam keys. That's because as you noted, their sales on non-EA games suck. At least Uplay has the odd decent sale on a non-Ubisoft game now and again.

I'mma keep this short.

Well, short for a MysterD kinda post, as least.

Benefits of DRM:

NONE for consumer. Headaches galore, if you can't get a game working, activated, or whatever the case may be. DRM can cause tons of problems - from opening security holes on systems (see rootkeys); causing system instabilities + BSOD (see StarForce); break game-discs (see StarForce); wear out disc-drives (see StarForce); to game not booting on a certain OS b/c drivers are OS-specific (see StarForce); cause you not to play your game at all (insert any DRM); and God knows what-else.

But for the dev's and pub's protecting their games, there can be PLENTY of benefits - especially w/ "always online DRM" like D3 currently have. This can pretty much wipe-out or keep it to a minimum.

Only real backfire on this is - is if people don't like your DRM, so they either pirate the game (if it's pirate-able) or they just won't buy your game at all.

Most people don't realize that Origin sells steamworks games as Steam keys. That's because as you noted, their sales on non-EA games suck. At least Uplay has the odd decent sale on a non-Ubisoft game now and again.
I wish UPlay would note somewhere on a game's page on there if a 3rd-party game required Steamworks, Origin, or something else.

I'mma keep this short.

Benefits of DRM:

NONE for consumer. Headaches galore, if you can't get a game working, activated, or whatever the case may be. DRM can cause tons of problems - from opening security holes on systems (see rootkeys); causing system instabilities + BSOD (see StarForce); break game-discs (see StarForce); wear out disc-drives (see StarForce); to game not booting on a certain OS b/c drivers are OS-specific (see StarForce); cause you not to play your game at all (insert any DRM); and God knows what-else.

But for the dev's and pub's protecting their games, there can be PLENTY of benefits - especially w/ "always online DRM" like D3 currently have. This can pretty much wipe-out or keep it to a minimum.

Only real backfire on this is - is if people don't like your DRM, so they either pirate the game (if it's pirate-able) or they just won't buy your game at all.
1uwLy.gif

I'mma keep this short.

Benefits of DRM:

So what you're saying is DRM is great for all games except StarForce? Noted.

This thread needs anime...STAT.

tumblr_lrffodxZ3Y1qk92x2o1_500.gif
Where's SecretSquirrel when you need him? (Other then when he posts deals in every thread ever because he's magic).

Happy now?
That depends on your definitely of "happy". Can one ever obtain true happiness or is it limited to diluted versions of it? :whistle2:k

[customspoiler=?]The answer to both questions is yes.[/customspoiler]

Witch's Yarn is on Steam now. It was in the Indie Royale Oktoberfest bundle. Somehow I doubt we'll get steam keys, the game is listed as a download under Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble in the IR bundle, and wasn't included in the desura key so I don't have it in my desura client.

2D9TW-8EJRP-MK4W9
Took this one. Thanks.

Although I just blindly tried that key expecting its already redeemed or I already owned it.

------------------------

In other news, FTL Advanced Edition is now up in steam.

Having a hot Lithuanian or Yugoslavian chick claiming to be the developer should be a prerequisite for all Kickstarters at this point. Unless you're Double Fine and then a fat bearded guy will suffice.
IDK... I know a lot of guys with an アジアの女の人 fetish.

Damn, missed the giveaway. Looks like I'll probably end up having to buy the Kalypso bundle after all, unless I can spoder the rest of the missing pieces within the month. :p

Apparently no one has claimed Shadowlands. I guess everyone has it, even the lurkers. :bouncy:

IDK... I know a lot of guys with an アジアの女の人 fetish.
I dated a Vietnamese girl once, and it taught me that most people Americans* don't know the differences between types of Asians. So when people Americans* say they have a Japanese fetish, they usually mean an Asian fetish.

Edited. Now with 50% less stupidity!

Double post, but since I know you all miss him terribly here's what I saw when I logged into Steam today, I got tired of wondering why he added me, so I said hello. Took a while, but I just checked back and...

Wednesday, April 02, 2014
BobbyTastic: Hey Tebow. ☺
Thursday, April 03, 2014
Spankdragon15 spank Audrey Marie: u should reanme urself SpankTastic

I was wondering what his first words to me would be. He did not disappoint.

Damn, missed the giveaway. Looks like I'll probably end up having to buy the Kalypso bundle after all, unless I can spoder the rest of the missing pieces within the month. :p

Apparently no one has claimed Shadowlands. I guess everyone has it, even the lurkers. :bouncy:

I dated a Vietnamese girl once, and it taught me that most people don't know the differences between types of Asians. So when people say they have a Japanese fetish, they usually mean an Asian fetish.
I nabed Shadowlands. Thank you Bruticus and Ashkitty.

Email from GameAgent. Not sure how many of these are steamworks and how many are mac only. I think this is the lowest Civ V Complete has been so far, right?

The Deals Schedule:
TODAY
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - 75% OFF
Borderlands 2 - 75% OFF
Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition - 75% OFF
Borderlands 2 - Season Pass - 75% OFF

Friday, April 4
BioShock  - 50% OFF
BioShock 2 - 75% OFF
BioShock Infinite - 75% OFF
BioShock Infinite - Season Pass - 75% OFF

Saturday, April 5
Civilization IV - 75% OFF
Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - 75% OFF
Civilization V - 75% OFF
Civilization V: The Complete Edition - 75% OFF
Civilization V: Gods and Kings - 75% OFF
Civilization V: Brave New World - 75% OFF

Sunday, April 6
Call of Duty 2 - 50% OFF
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 50% OFF
Call of Duty: Black Ops - 50% OFF
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Rezurrection Pack - 50% OFF
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Annihilation & Escalation Pack - 50% OFF

Monday, April 7
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 50% OFF
XCOM: Enemy Within - 30% OFF
Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition - 50% OFF
Empire: Total War - Gold Edition - 50% OFF

Tuesday, April 8
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast  - 75% OFF
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - 75% OFF
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - 75% OFF
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition - 75% OFF

Wednesday, April 9
Tropico 3: Gold Edition - 50% OFF
Tropico 4: Gold Edition - 50% OFF

Thursday, April 10
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition - 50% OFF
Doom 3 - 50% OFF
Quake 4 - 50% OFF
RAGE - 50% OFF

Friday, April 11
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 50% OFF
Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition - 50% OFF
Tomb Raider - 20% OFF

Saturday, April 12
Borderlands 2 - 75% OFF
Civilization V - 75% OFF

Email from GameAgent. Not sure how many of these are steamworks and how many are mac only. I think this is the lowest Civ V Complete has been so far, right?
Yup. I knew they couldn't resist putting it at $12.49. I no longer regret not BTAing on the Humble Bundle.

Star Wars day looks pretty good, I think. Can't say anything about any of the other ones.

The Deals Schedule:
TODAY
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - 75% OFF
Borderlands 2 - 75% OFF
Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition - 75% OFF
Borderlands 2 - Season Pass - 75% OFF

Friday, April 4
BioShock - 50% OFF
BioShock 2 - 75% OFF
BioShock Infinite - Season Pass - 75% OFF

Saturday, April 5
Civilization IV - 75% OFF
Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - 75% OFF
Civilization V - 75% OFF
Civilization V: The Complete Edition - 75% OFF
Civilization V: Gods and Kings - 75% OFF
Civilization V: Brave New World - 75% OFF

Sunday, April 6
Call of Duty 2 - 50% OFF
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 50% OFF
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Rezurrection Pack - 50% OFF
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Annihilation & Escalation Pack - 50% OFF

Monday, April 7
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 50% OFF
XCOM: Enemy Within - 30% OFF
Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition - 50% OFF
Empire: Total War - Gold Edition - 50% OFF

Tuesday, April 8
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - 75% OFF
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - 75% OFF
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - 75% OFF
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition - 75% OFF

Wednesday, April 9
Tropico 3: Gold Edition - 50% OFF
Tropico 4: Gold Edition - 50% OFF

Thursday, April 10
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition - 50% OFF
Doom 3 - 50% OFF
Quake 4 - 50% OFF
RAGE - 50% OFF

Friday, April 11
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 50% OFF
Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition - 50% OFF
Tomb Raider - 20% OFF

Saturday, April 12
Borderlands 2 - 75% OFF
Civilization V - 75% OFF
Might be worth checking into seeing what games they are giving STEAM KEYS for that actually support STEAMPLAY.

platform_steamplay.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back