Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically your saying that firing a pistol in a CS isn't really realistic...?

(No wind, humidity, temperature, or altitude... All of which effect drag, which effects bullet drop. There's no accounting for breath and pulse, etc... or bullet performance.)
Actually, I'm more saying firing anything in a FPS isn't really realistic, though I wouldn't disagree that pistols seem particularly bad.

Sixty in March update:

Five more games down:

55: KAMI (3/13; 2 Hours played; 5 stars) - One nicest, most tactile puzzle games I have ever played.
FWIW, for any devotees of the Church of Jobs of the mobile persuasion, KAMI is apparently the free iOS app of the week at Starbucks. Or it was when I was there a couple of days ago. They had a bunch of free cards with codes on it there.

Grabbed Lego Marvel at Gamefly and those idiots put my order on hold again. Just like last time.

At least my Oniken key works now.
They've been doing that to me the last several times I ordered from them too and it's a pain. Last time they eventually just unlocked the order on their own. This time I had to write their support and then they unlocked it shortly thereafter.

I keep asking them what is triggering this so I can try to avoid it next time but they keep ignoring that part when I ask it. I guess they don't even know or don't want to talk about it. My info is the same as it's always been when the order just worked and went through. I double checked everything and all the info checks out, cards haven't expired etc so I am at a loss to what is causing them to flag all my orders lately. *shrug*

I guess I will just deal with it if the price is cheap enough but it's still a pain.

What's funny about this is that you've spent infinitely more time whining about CS:GO than you have actually playing it.
giphy.gif

Actually, I think he's just being nice and answering/replying back...
Yeah I think he is just doing the typical 'honey come to bed. I can't someone is wrong on the internet!' thing.

Or in his case 'Honey let's say goodnight and log out in our virtual House in Perfect World. I can't someone is wrong on the internet!'

1010813_10152008763897266_818471727_n.jpg

No firearms cleaning kit, no ear plugs, implement that kind of simulation in a FPS, that is as real as it gets.
If it were at all realistic your character would have an email address that received claims about Obama that dictated the supply availability, and price as a result, of ammunition for the next round. If the email is about him appearing in a web video, no big deal. If the word gun appears anywhere you have to be really quick in the buy phase if you want to stock up.

GetGamesGo Daily Deal

DiRT Showdown- $7.49 (75% off)

Activates on Steam.

Same as yesterday's DiRT 3 deal, this was in the BTA for Humble Codemasters Weekly ($6+) about a month ago; ITAD check shows the historical low was $4.99 from GameTap about 8 months ago.  Overall, not a good deal.

GamersGate has it for the same price, so if you really must buy now, buy at GG to earn those blue coins.

Saw this pic and then read the expansion as Hymen of Chaos and thought "Man, I know Perfect World is trying to cater to a certain demographic but they must be getting pretty desperate here..."
If that were the case instead of complaining about being virtually henpecked to join, Idiotekque would be raving about it and writing long posts extolling the virtues of its hentainess.

No firearms cleaning kit, no ear plugs, implement that kind of simulation in a FPS, that is as real as it gets.
And realistic jamming / jam resolution.... feed problems with dirty clips, etc.

If it were at all realistic your character would have an email address that received claims about Obama that dictated the supply availability, and price as a result, of ammunition for the next round. If the email is about him appearing in a web video, no big deal. If the word gun appears anywhere you have to be really quick in the buy phase if you want to stock up.
LOL... spoken like somebody who knows.

Wut? You're saying the menus are better with a wheel or did you not really read my post and threw up a reply anyways? :)
Actually, yes. The d-pad and buttons on the G27's shifter work for the menus. I assumed that you had issues beyond the menus though... but rereading, I can't actually find evidence for that. But it has to be so, otherwise i'd be crazy in my well-ordered view of the world. I mean what sort of person would rage quit a racing game because of the menus? (don't answer that, please)

One thing I find invaluable is a secondary wireless mouse... I find all sorts of uses for it, like watching video from my sofa, or just leaning back in my chair, or when Monster (feline) lays on top of my normal mouse. The secondary wireless keyboard gets far less use. I have a couple $10 Logitech M325 that work great, fantastic battery life & standby on one AA battery.

Yeah, even I have that one from a bundle... (Figured I should point that out since I'm often the only one who doesn't have a game when its in repeats.)

Speaking of racing games... Tried the free weekend on F1 2013. Not really impressed to be honest. Maybe its because open wheel just does so little for me but the real killer was the menus. Couldn't find crap, was forced to use my controller because it was plugged in BUT I couldn't do everything... Like say exit the game. Just such poor choices in something so simple like a menu made me less than excited to try the game out... and, hell, I nearly had to pull my own teeth to get the game to just let me on the freaking track,

Ugh... Oh, well! Saved me some money as I had been looking at it. :D

It's actually more practical than that... I live in, what I guess is most succinctly described as a studio apartment.... my separate rooms are a kitchen and bathroom. There's no reason for a separate appliance (TV) that's less functional than my computer. If I want to watch something in the kitchen, a laptop or tablet will work just fine.

Once The Government took my (analog) TV away, I retired my old 13" TV/VCR... I didn't bother getting a converter box for it (why? my monitors are bigger).

I've also never owned a DVD player... I'd just watch those on my laptop*. (I've never even played a DVD on my PS2 slim.)

*my laptops had a DVD drive long before my desktops did.

Heh @ analog TV. That's some old school shit.

They do broadcast digital free over the airwaves these days though. I get my TV that way and then supplement with streaming. No use giving Comcast $200 a month for some ridiculous cable package that they give you a 'deal' on then you have to call them every 6 months and scream at them to lower it back down to an already overpriced rate when they jack it up to $200 again.

It's funny that they have those informericial like TV commercials about how it's supposed to be some big secret that you can get digital TV over the airwaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjwa_JM6NwU

They do broadcast digital free over the airwaves these days though. I get my TV that way and then supplement with streaming.
I used to use my MacMini with a NTSC/ATSC tuner, but I gave that to my parents last year when their TV broke (and hooked it to an old 19" CRT monitor).

I picked up a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual (networked dual-tuner) for $60 last year that works great... I like how that lets me watch on laptop/tablet over WiFi (even I'd only done that to see it worked). I only use it for my local PBS stations anyway. (And I replaced the MacMini with an old laptop for PVR/networked storage/services.)

I only ever watch Cartoon Network nowadays, and just on Mondays since they keep canceling the good shows on other days.  (Seriously, they canceled all their DC universe shows to show more Teen Titans Go?  Give me more Young Justice instead.)

I played a handful of other matches on different maps to get a better feel of things, and while I obviously didn't do very well, I'm not just sitting here dissing the game because it's too hard. I have no problem with difficulty in games, in fact it usually appeals to me because I don't like jumping into something having it more or less mastered.

I think that's what it comes down to, though. The graphics are arguably modern if you're stretching the term, but the gameplay isn't. I've played my share of old FPS games, and that's what this feels like. It's picking up a new shooter, expecting a modern experience, and getting a slightly updated (mostly just graphically) version of CS from years ago. And then you have guys who have devoted their lives to playing this game for a decade or so, and have things down to a science. Hell, reading that newbie guide they even outlined a strategy of aiming just around a corner, right at head level, and picking your mouse up off the pad to keep your aim perfectly straight, and clicking to fire right as someone comes around the corner for instant kills.

Honestly, the "strategies" are ludicrous. That's fun? Not my kind of fun. I understand that nostalgia factor and wanting a pure, exacting experience, but it's all... almost mathematical. I still look forward to trying some sillier game modes and playing with fellow CAGs, but the rest of it... eh. I haven't disliked a game for so many reasons in awhile.

I agree. I don't like games that are easy to master either. If the game doesn't offer a challenge or a procedural learning curve it better offer something far more fantastic (story, addictive mechanics, etc...) or else it becomes mundane.

I think you described CSGO very accurately. It's a visually updated version of Source combined with a market that caters towards a community of players. Valve obviously saw the added value TF2 received with a market and implemented this into GO to generate another stream of revenue.

As for how the game can be played, what you described is a general strategy used but one I never had fun playing repeatedly. I tend to play the game a little more sporadic, twitchy and always on the go. You know the kind where you become focused, don't blink (or forget to) and your eyes become really dry? Kind of like that. It's probably from playing tons of gun game matches over the years. :twoguns:

I just meant, how do you see your monitor sitting all the way on a couch? My vision is pretty good, but I don't want to look like a Japanese sales man when I'm trying to watch something.
22" and 24" monitors... and it's like 7 feet away.... I've watched 13" CRTs at greater distances.

Freaking, "I grew up with a 40 inch Plasma in my bedroom" millennials....

I've also had a 5" black and white TV as my TV... That was a really nice size.

22" and 24" monitors... and it's like 7 feet away.... I've watched 13" CRTs at greater distances.

I remember several years back when F.y.e stores were still around, there were a couple kids looking at dvd's whilst talking amongst themselves, and one of them asked, "How do we know if it's vhs?".

The others didn't know.

I haven't owned a computer monitor in years. Panasonic plasma master race. I also don't have cable though because I only ever used it to watch sports, so I just buy league pass and use netflix. $200ish a month for 300 channels of shit? No thanks guys. 

I haven't owned a computer monitor in years. Panasonic plasma master race. I also don't have cable though because I only ever used it to watch sports, so I just buy league pass and use netflix. $200ish a month for 300 channels of shit? No thanks guys.
Even when I have access to cable, I only use it as background noise, or I start to feel lonely.

If I get lonely I scratch up all the furniture…it's just a big mess.

heh, I used to have a tiny travel TV like that (B&W, 5" with terrible picture quality), which I would pump oodles of batteries into and try and pick stuff up while driving around just for the novelty of "hey I'm watching TV in a car". Most of the TVs my family had when I were growing up were smaller 20" or so sets we'd place way across the room, so I'm speaking from experience that I don't find it particularly comfortable (but maybe that's just me and my eyesight isn't as good as I think). We also had a slightly larger TV set inside a giant wooden frame which was apparently given to my parents to pay for some sort of debt (which we later found out had been stolen from a hotel, thanks to a sticker no one thought to remove from the bottom).

I had my Super Nintendo hooked up to a B&W TV when I was little. Because it was the only one I was allowed to use.

There are no words for the suck that managed to achieve.

heh, I used to have a tiny travel TV like that (B&W, 5" with terrible picture quality), which I would pump oodles of batteries into and try and pick stuff up while driving around just for the novelty of "hey I'm watching TV in a car". Most of the TVs my family had when I were growing up were smaller 20" or so sets we'd place way across the room, so I'm speaking from experience that I don't find it particularly comfortable (but maybe that's just me and my eyesight isn't as good as I think). We also had a slightly larger TV set inside a giant wooden frame which was apparently given to my parents to pay for some sort of debt (which we later found out had been stolen from a hotel, thanks to a sticker no one thought to remove from the bottom).
My 5" B&W was could run on batteries, I ran it from the wall wart. My picture quality was quite good.

20" ??? both my parents and I have never owned larger than a 13" TV.

When I replaced my 20" DEC-branded trinitron-clone monitor, with an LCD, I was so happy that I could move everything I own, myself (except for my 3x6' desk). I always hated having to ask for help with that (it was 90 lbs).

I had my Super Nintendo hooked up to a B&W TV when I was little. Because it was the only one I was allowed to use.

There are no words for the suck that managed to achieve.
Ever played SMB on a Green (computer) monitor, or Street Fighter II on an Orange (computer) monitor? Get disappointed that your FamiCom doesn't work on stupid american NTSC TVs? I have.

When I replaced my 20" DEC-branded trinitron-clone monitor, with an LCD, I was so happy that I could move everything I own, myself (except for my 3x6' desk). I always hated having to ask for help with that (it was 90 lbs).
Having had to move TVs/Monitors that weigh that much up and down stairs and to and from different buildings/houses, I feel your pain. Every time I pick up an LCD I wonder if it's fake, since I'm still expecting something akin to a baby elephant.

yeah, i just hook my desktop into my tv. also just have netflix...8 bucks a month for tv sounds good to me.

I've heard Max Payne 3 was a pretty good port (aside from being 30 flipping GBs).
Yes, Max Payne 3 PC was an excellent port, IMHO...

...despite wanting 30 GB of freaking space.

EDIT:

yea, too bad about the actual game tho
I think if gamers liked the gameplay of Max Payne 1 and 2 + are okay w/ the game talking place in both Brazil and NJ - yeah, they'll dig it.

I thought the game was awesome.

Yes, Max Payne 3 PC was an excellent port, IMHO...

...despite wanting 30 GB of freaking space.
Well, I thought the 30 GB of textures succeeded in making it visually detailed.... unlike your 35 GB of uncompressed Titanfall audio. To have high visual fidelity you need high res textures.

Well, I thought the 30 GB of textures succeeded in making it visually detailed.... unlike your 35 GB of uncompressed Titanfall audio. To have high visual fidelity you need high res textures.
I don't see what they did wrong then. Usually if you want high visual fidelity, adding in a bunch of uncompressed audio is the way to go.

Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back