Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm terrible at selling cards anyway. Put it up for 13¢, it doesn't sell then I can't be bothered to take it down and re-list for 10¢. Feels like I could make a full time job out of it... for $1.20 an hour.
You're doing it wrong. Just put your cards up for around the average sale number over the last week or so (via the price chart), and make sure your price you choose puts your card on the first page. Granted you can go a bit lower if you want, but if you do that and just put it up and forget about it, it will eventually sell, and you'll make more than all the undercutters and "lowest price" hoes.

Granted it's mostly pointless to do this on cards worth nothing, like 6-10 cents, but for a lot of games with slightly higher values, this strategy is much more useful. I just sold some Call of Jaurez cards last week or so for around 40 cents a pop... and when I listed them, the lowest price was 23 cents. Honestly, don't just undercut to sell your cards unless you absolutely must sell them immediately (which seems silly). It doesn't take any more time or effort to put em up and leave em for a week or two. If they haven't sold after awhile, knock the price down a week or two later if you must.

That Fast and Furious game looks sweet!

mV8uOfE.png
The number is growing.

234 of 282 people (83%) found this review helpful

Really sucks how the only multiplayer/co-op for that game is local.

Does anyone know if there's any MP mods?
There's very little point to even playing Party of Sin unless you're a diehard Trine fan who has done everything there is to do in Trine 1 and 2 and wants more of the same... except worse. I've played a fair bit of Party of Sin with my cousin, and it's literally just a Trine ripoff that's worse in every way.

Mirror of Fate is aight but it ain't no Symphony of da Night but its alright. Its a port from the 3ds so expect weak graphics

Castlevania mirror of fate? Looks like an oldschool castlevania! At least is platform. Do want! NOW!
It's not. It's a 2.5D version of the LoS games, don't be fooled by its lies! (It's still okay though).

There's very little point to even playing Party of Sin unless you're a diehard Trine fan who has done everything there is to do in Trine 1 and 2 and wants more of the same... except worse. I've played a fair bit of Party of Sin with my cousin, and it's literally just a Trine ripoff that's worse in every way.
Thanks for the heads-up. I only got it because $1.89 bundle at IndieGala, but have yet to try. I figure it's probably worth like 30 cents.

Considering I played the last 2D Castlevania game to death (Harmony of Discord, XBLA game), I'm THIS close to preordering that right now...
Alright, so, originally it was a $30 game on 3DS.

It was NOT worth it. At all. It was pretty bad/broken. In fact, it was so bad and so overpriced, they released an HD version about a half a year later for half the price for PS3/360. Which went on sale for $7.50 a few months after release.

This PC version is most likely a port of the HD version, so it'll look better than the 3DS game.

As for how it performs, HD is substantially better than the original, both in graphics and gameplay (less QTE bullshit), but a classic Castlevania or a Symphony of the Night it is not. It's just a different take on the LoS series.

That said, I spent $7.49 on the HD version for 360 over the holidays and feel I got pretty close to my money's worth.

For PC, I would recommend it for $5 (like in the Amazon promo) and no more. Feel free to look up Youtube gameplay and such, but I doubt you'll have buyer's remorse for $5 (it'll probably be $3.75 at the lowest, eventually). $10 (without the $5 GC promo) is still too much though, don't bother.

(I'm surprised you didn't get it for 360, idiot, it was on sale at the same time as all the HoD DLC FINALLY went on sale after years of waiting. Was a big deal.)

It's not. It's a 2.5D version of the LoS games, don't be fooled by its lies! (It's still okay though).

Thanks for the heads-up. I only got it because $1.89 bundle at IndieGala, but have yet to try. I figure it's probably worth like 30 cents.

Alright, so, originally it was a $30 game on 3DS.

It was NOT worth it. At all. It was pretty bad/broken. In fact, it was so bad and so overpriced, they released an HD version about a half a year later for half the price for PS3/360 a few months ago. Which went on sale for $7.50 a few months after release.

This PC version is most likely a port of the HD version, so it'll look better than the 3DS game.

As for how it performs, HD is substantially better than the original, both in graphics and gameplay (less QTE bullshit), but a classic Castlevania or a Symphony of the Night it is not. It's just a different take on the LoS series.

That said, I spent $7.49 on the HD version for 360 over the holidays and feel I got pretty close to my money's worth.

For PC, I would recommend it for $5 (like in the Amazon promo) and no more. Feel free to look up Youtube gameplay and such, but I doubt you'll have buyer's remorse for $5 (it'll probably be $3.75 at the lowest, eventually). $10 is still too much though, don't bother.

(I'm surprised you didn't get it for 360, idiot, it was on sale at the same time as all the HoD DLC FINALLY went on sale after years of waiting. Was a big deal.)
Hm, thanks for the info. I'm sure it's not amazing, but I'm a Castlevania nerd, so I'll still probably enjoy it.

I played through HoD like crazy when it first came out, did all the achievements, more or less maxed out most of the characters I liked (my Shanoa was ridiculously overpowered), had most every item, was at the point where I could fly through the Dracula mission solo on hard mode, and just got tired of it.

I love the game, but at that point I moved on. When I left, there wasn't even any DLC out.

Hm, thanks for the info. I'm sure it's not amazing, but I'm a Castlevania nerd, so I'll still probably enjoy it.

I played through HoD like crazy when it first came out, did all the achievements, more or less maxed out most of the characters I liked (my Shanoa was ridiculously overpowered), had most every item, was at the point where I could fly through the Dracula mission solo on hard mode, and just got tired of it.

I love the game, but at that point I moved on. When I left, there wasn't even any DLC out.
No problem. There's a ton of DLC, actually. Music, characters, stages. And some of it isn't even terrible. :D

Here's the link, peruse it at your leisure. -> http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Castlevania-HD/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a7a?DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

The last castlevania I played was SotN. But only a little, on a friend's PSX, since my last console was a SNES.

I'm really tempted by the Amazon offer! Must resist!!

That's showing up currently at $2.99 (70% off).
They changed the deal quickly after it was posted.

Been playing some Pool Nation (recommended) and I just have to admit: Those are some good looking balls, amiright?
So you found the nude mod...

I want to break 83% of the Steam communities' thumbs. The entire "Something stupid happened in this game 10/10" review trend needs to die.
large.gif

Anybody have any recommendations for a good USB hub? I was looking at one from Amazon Basics that has 7 ports and is powered. It's 18.99 and I just feel like such a non-cheapass paying that much for a USB hub.
All I can say is don't buy a Rosewill. Mine crapped out on me after less than a year and now I need a new one.

All I can say is don't buy a Rosewill. Mine crapped out on me after less than a year and now I need a new one.
Yeah, I tried a rosewill mouse and it came DOA. I do trust them for computer parts (fans and such) but not much more. I might just bite on the Amazon one, I have their shredder and it is quality.

You're doing it wrong. Just put your cards up for around the average sale number over the last week or so (via the price chart), and make sure your price you choose puts your card on the first page. Granted you can go a bit lower if you want, but if you do that and just put it up and forget about it, it will eventually sell, and you'll make more than all the undercutters and "lowest price" hoes.
That's actually pretty close to what I do. I'm saying I can't be bothered to relist them if they don't sell and the average drops even lower.

really wish harmony of despair would come to steam
I can't tell you how many virgins I would sacrifice to make that happen. Trust me, I know a lot of virgins who trust me too much.

It might. LoS are the first/only Castlevania games to come to PC, iirc. If Mirror of Fate HD sells well enough, it may very well happen since the LoS series is dead now. And Konami needs something to sell other than PES and Metal Gear.
We can hope. I've been saying they should bring it to Steam for awhile now.

really wish harmony of despair would come to steam
Castlevania HD really should be a PC game. That would make multiplayer matchmaking so much easier. It's hard to find a good group on the console version. I might actually buy the other characters/maps if they were on Steam. With other people's card money, of course.

Probably my favorite series, as I always seem to buy each game and proceed to play it to death. It's hard to choose a favorite non-3D iteration, since they're all done really well. But I hate Order of Ecclesia now; after level grinding to 180, I ended up breaking the D-Pad and getting one-shotted. Took me like...6 hours, on multiple days, to get just that high.

I can't tell you how many virgins I would sacrifice to make that happen. Trust me, I know a lot of virgins who trust me too much.

We can hope. I've been saying they should bring it to Steam for awhile now.
Mind setting me up with at least one of those virgins there, best buddy? :p

Castlevania HD really should be a PC game. That would make multiplayer matchmaking so much easier. It's hard to find a good group on the console version. I might actually buy the other characters/maps if they were on Steam. With other people's card money, of course.

Probably my favorite series, as I always seem to buy each game and proceed to play it to death. It's hard to choose a favorite non-3D iteration, since they're all done really well. But I hate Order of Ecclesia now; after level grinding to 180, I ended up breaking the D-Pad and getting one-shotted. Took me like...6 hours, on multiple days, to get just that high.
Yeah, 360 MP is pretty dead, it got a nice boost over the holiday with the 1-day Castlevania sale with all the DLC, but it didn't last long. I'd probably double-dip for the Steam version, including all the DLCs, too (on sale, of course). Would be great if they just included all the DLC in the release, but it's Konami so.. not happening.

It's definitely one of my top series. My favourite Metroidvania is all the ones that aren't Portrait of Ruin. :bouncy:

If they're still valid sacrifices, they must not trust you too much...

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the release of BioShock Infinite episode 2?
Haven't played Ep 1 yet. Does Ep 2 release today or something? I'm really good at buying DLC expansion missions but really bad at revisiting a "finished" game and playing them. Never did the BL2 stuff either inc the lauded Dragon Head Keep (?) one.

Mind setting me up with at least one of those virgins there, best buddy? :p

Yeah, 360 MP is pretty dead, it got a nice boost over the holiday with the 1-day Castlevania sale with all the DLC, but it didn't last long. I'd probably double-dip for the Steam version, including all the DLCs, too (on sale, of course). Would be great if they just included all the DLC in the release, but it's Konami so.. not happening.

It's definitely one of my top series. My favourite is all the ones that aren't Portrait of Ruin. :bouncy:
Ah, come on, Death and Dracula tag teaming was cool. Even it if was piss easy. The should do that more often.

How come you didn't tell me this back when I picked it up in the trade thread after I missed the first bundle it was in? It's installed, but now I'm never going to play it.

Not that I'll be playing anything other than Hearthstone anytime in the near future. I tried it for the first time last week... man, is that shit addicting. Civ has "Just one more turn". This is worse.

I'll just play one more to get to the next rank. *win*

Better keep my winning streak alive. *win*

Well, I can't quit now. *loss*

I can't end the night on that garbage. *loss*

fuck this. *loss*

I'd better just get the next level. *win*

I'll never have that hour of lost sleep back.

So Steam sale incoming then? :p
Oh hell, I just made the connection with your avatar/name and Darby O'Gill and the Little People. I haven't seen that movie in over 30 years and now I need to see it again (I bet it's awful now too). The Banshee used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid.

Extreme Sims Bundle 2 - $4.99  

• Roller Coaster Rampage 
  • RACE: The WTCC Game + Caterham Expansion 
  • Professional Farmer 2014 
  • Air Conflicts: Vietnam 
  • Bridge Project 
  • Towtruck Simulator 2015 
  • Warehouse and Logistics Simulator 
  • World of Zoo 
  • Pole Position 2012 
  • Ride 'em Low

Star Wars Heroes Within pack (4 new tables: Han Solo, Episode IV - A New Hope, Droids, and Masters of the Force)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdDfr-Vv-7I

surprised they're not putting some arpg like POE or Torchlight on sale to counter-program ROS like when Activision put COD on sale to counter Titanfall.

yes i know POE is f2p, talking about their funbux.

surprised they're not putting some arpg like POE or Torchlight on sale to counter-program ROS like when Activision put COD on sale to counter Titanfall.

yes i know POE is f2p, talking about their funbux.
But they are countering Blizzard... with their downtime.... you get the same experience as trying to play RoS for free!

Am back streaming and right now we're giving away copies of Quest of Dungeons which is out today and some other stuff.

http://twitch.tv/carlmundo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back