Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that was a nice bundle.
Of course it was, it's the only Clash bundle I've missed. :p

Create alt accounts Bobbyfly1,2,3,etc
Who says I don't already have a CAG alt account? :bouncy:

Well, if the price doesn't do it for you, I'm sure the ad for it will.

11128-romero_ad.jpg
Eh, Romero on his own sucks in comparison to him and Carmack as a team. They just balanced each other out really well.

Also, I'm laughing pretty hard at this Wiki entry for Daikatana -> One of the more infamous failures in modern PC gaming was Daikatana, which was drastically hyped due to creator John Romero's popular status as one of the key designers behind Doom. However, after being wrought with massive over-spending and serious delays, the game finally launched to incredibly poor critical reaction because of bugs, lackluster enemies, poor game play, and terrible production values, all of which were made worse by its heavy marketing campaign proclaiming it as the next "big thing" in first person shooters.[

Was that bad, huh?

Few interesting things in gaming news today. Here's the PC related stuff:

From Software got bought by Kadokawa Games. And Lucasfilm announced that all current Star Wars video games are non-canon, but that future games will be canon.

Also, I'm laughing pretty hard at this Wiki entry for Daikatana -> One of the more infamous failures in modern PC gaming was Daikatana, which was drastically hyped due to creator John Romero's popular status as one of the key designers behind Doom. However, after being wrought with massive over-spending and serious delays, the game finally launched to incredibly poor critical reaction because of bugs, lackluster enemies, poor game play, and terrible production values, all of which were made worse by its heavy marketing campaign proclaiming it as the next "big thing" in first person shooters.[

Was that bad, huh?
Yes. It's a horrible game. It's not a classic or even a cult classic. I'd say the name recognition comes from its infamy and the story surrounding the game. I don't think anyone actually liked playing it.

The marketing (the above image and John Romero's girlfriend who also developed the game posed for Playboy at the time) was more memorable than anything in the game.

I did a little research regarding the Watch Dogs Playstation-exclusive content and it does sound like it's the same thing as the 60 minute item in PC deluxe edition. The missions have the same description between both platforms.

I was surprised to find there seems to be no deluxe edition of Watch Dogs for console except for some $130 collector's edition... so I'm going with PC for sure. $10 extra for what seems like a good amount of content.

Of course it was, it's the only Clash bundle I've missed. :p

Who says I don't already have a CAG alt account? :bouncy:

Eh, Romero on his own sucks in comparison to him and Carmack as a team. They just balanced each other out really well.

Was that bad, huh?

Few interesting things in gaming news today. Here's the PC related stuff:

From Software got bought by Kadokawa Games. And Lucasfilm announced that all current Star Wars video games are non-canon, but that future games will be canon.
I'm just chiming in late to agree that Defense Grid is easily the best TD game out there. I've got to go back and finish some of the DLC< but I'm pretty sure I have 15 plus hours into it and that's a lot for a TD game and I'm probably on the low end of hours played for people who get into the game.

New BS bundle is live:

Battleground Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Commandos 3: Destination Berlin 
  • Commandos 2: Men of Courage 
  • Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines 
  • Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty 
  • American Conquest: Fight Back 
  • Cossacks II: Battle for Europe 
  • Cossacks: Arts of War 
  • Cossacks: Back to War
[/customspoiler]

EDIT: sasquatch'd

You can cut the sexual tension with a knife.
I think a knife is involved in the sex too. :bouncy:

So when exactly were free keys promised for this game and why? Nevermind, looked into it myself, another one of those "Give us a vote, and we'll give you a game" things.

Also, I have a friend who's a producer at A&E (works at their NY office), but he works on a completely different show. I wish I had an actual use for my connections.

How dare they, do I need to start a shitstorm???
Go for it. Feel free to message me at some ridiculous time in the morning about it again too. :p

Daily Deal (reprise]
Metal Slug 3 - $7.99 $3.99

Weeklong Deals
Space Trader - $4.99 $0.49
Puzzler World - $4.99 $0.99
Puzzler World 2 - $4.99 $0.99
Enclave - $4.99 $0.99
STORM: Frontline Nation - $4.99 $0.99
Dead Horde - $9.99 $1.49
Flatout - $7.49 $1.87
Inquisitor - $9.99 $1.99
Day One: Garry's Incident - $19.99 $1.99
Avadon: The Black Fortress - $9.99 $1.99
Star Wolves - $6.99 $2.44
Flatout 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Full Spectrum Warrior - $9.99 $2.49
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers - $9.99 $2.49
Silent Storm: Gold Edition - $9.99 $2.49
Post Mortem - $9.99 $2.49
Still Life - $9.99 $2.49
Still Life 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Spectraball - $4.99 $2.49
The Last Express: Gold Edition - $6.99 $2.79
Hacker Evolution - $9.99 $2.99
Star Wolves 2 - $9.99 $3.49
Adam Venture Pack - $12.99 $3.89 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Dark Falls: Lost Souls - $12.99 $3.89
Iron Sky Invasion - $19.99 $3.99
FortressCraft: Evolved - $5.99 $4.01
Star Wolves 3 - $16.99 $4.24
EVE Online - 19.95 $4.98
Battlefield 2: Complete Collection - $19.99 $4.99
Steamworld Dig - $9.99 $4.99
Lucius - $19.99 $4.99
Carnage Racing - $9.99 $4.99
Flatout Ultimate Carnage - $19.99 $4.99
Worms: Clan Wars - $24.99 $6.24
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $6.79
Ship Simulator Extreme - $29.99 $7.49
Flatout 3 Chaos & Destruction - $29.99 $7.49
Memoria - $19.99 $9.79

Dang, so for Battlepillars they had us vote up their game, join Carl's WGN group, put our email in the WGN site and log in with Steam, and THEN I had to go back in a certain window and say Yes I do want the game.  I mean would someone do all that and NOT want the game.  It's not that I feel entitled or that it was hard, but it just seems like an extra arbitrary step.  (I see there is another redemption window but the criticism remains)

Top of the Page:  Everyone check out the OP for mediocre weekly deals!

"The console SKUs are really important for us and that's what we're focusing on," Bakken continued. "We're doing it all internally ourselves. That's a huge endeavour. That's not something we've ever done before.

"So when I'm playtesting and I'm trying to play PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3, that's a lot of work. Adding another thing on there is just crazy. It's crazy to think of right now."
So farm out the PC port to Nixxes or something. Not that I care, I'm not interested in Destiny. Just sayin.

Complete collections are always going to be a better deal, and have been so in the past when DLC use to be expansion packs, because of the risk/reward... Why is this? Complete collections, outside of some extreme cases, always cost more money than the base game. The company involved realizes there is a chance you might not like the base game (the cheaper option) and will toss in extras into the "deal" in an effort to you to buy it.
Yeah, I get when they're trying to sweeten the deal a bit to get new buyers to go "all in". What I'm talking about are the instances in which DLC never/rarely goes on sale and/or never approaches the same discount provided new buyers. There's a big difference between 20% off DLC/66% off the entire package.

My final word on the subject is this: not every publisher follows that strategy. Some are entirely fair about balancing the need for new buyers and rewarding those that have supported them.

Metal Slug is 75% off for beta testers.
That's my price point for MS3 (I'm not a beta tester). I will continue to wait.

Are beta testers able to gift copies once they've already bought it? If so, I'd be willing to Paypal the cost. If someone would be willing that is.

Dang, so for Battlepillars they had us vote up their game, join Carl's WGN group, put our email in the WGN site and log in with Steam, and THEN I had to go back in a certain window and say Yes I do want the game. I mean would someone do all that and NOT want the game. It's not that I feel entitled or that it was hard, but it just seems like an extra arbitrary step. (I see there is another redemption window but the criticism remains)
I don't remember having to do that last step, so I'm pretty sure Carl is just screwing with you ^_~

So Dark Souls II now has VAC support. That means I can't use cheat e... I mean losers with no lives can't use cheat engine/trainers to invade someone with invincibility on. ah  fuck

I have Inquisitor wishlisted for some reason, and ITAD says the $1.99 weekly sale is the cheapest it's been.

Anybody recommend picking it up?

People need to give up their infatuation with DLC. Nine times out of ten it's worthless or only delivers a couple of hours more content when you've already gotten your fill of the base game.
Preach it.
TBH, in particular - I don't think these DLC's were worthless at all:

KoA -> Teeth of Naros + especially Dead Kel.

Fallout: New Vegas -> all the content DLC's - especially Old World Blues.

Fallout 3 -> The Pitt; Point Lookout; and Mothership Zeta.

Oblivion -> KOTN + Shiv Isles (if you consider that expansion as DLC).

DA:O -> Leilana's Song + Witch Hunt.

Dead Space 3 -> Awakening.

I'm sure there's more that I can think of - and I will EDIT those into this post.

But, that's what's fresh in my head, at this moment.

EDIT:

Here's some more:

Borderlands 1 -> Claptrap Robo Rev + Zombie Island + especially General Knoxx.

Bioshock 2 -> Minerva's Den.

Bioshock: Infinite -> Burial At Sea, Episode 1 and especially Episode 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back