Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tempted to just get Red Faction Armageddon since I missed all the bundles and its the only RF game that will run on my computer I think. (Windows 8, 64 bit). But I'm sure it'll be bundled again somewhere so I'll wait.

I stupidly bought Transistor during the Steam sale thinking I would totally play it right away. Haven't even installed it yet.
Do the older RF games not run on new systems? I was itching to play RF 1 again, but I guess I could always just play it on my PS2.

Not sure if ironic or intentional.

If the latter, then bravo.
More like

0fc.gif

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/31/free-steam-key/

you can now have all 5 free steam keys - they same as previous ones if you did it weekly.
Just tried doing them all, and all of them worked except for Gun Monkeys, which told me "This promotion is currently serving the maximum allowed number of users. Please check back in a minute."

Gun Monkeys is clearly the most desired game out of the bunch.

It's also about middle schoolers, though, so I guess we know why Idiot likes it. :razz:
Actually I don't even watch anime. I just Googled for yuri gifs.

"All keys have now been given out.
Please come back later."

Damn, that was fast... Anyone get a key they're not gonna use?

New Releases

Pure Pool- $9.09

Royal Quest- F2P

Flower Shop: Winter in Fairbrook- $14.99

Top Hat- $8.99

Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres- $5.59

Lovely Planet- $5.09

Pixel Piracy- $7.49 (out of early access)

Pineview Drive- $14.99

Spud's Quest- $7.99

Colin McRae Rally- $6.99

Recruits- $9.99 (early access) unlocks in 2 hrs

If u have a Spud's Quest and Recruits key, give it to me, I will pay u for them.

Do the older RF games not run on new systems? I was itching to play RF 1 again, but I guess I could always just play it on my PS2.
I've read that the first 2 games have lots of problems running on new systems. (Windows 8/ 64 bit specifically, but I'm not sure about Win 7)

I think the third game is fine and Armageddon is also fine. But if you get the third game too you might as well get the collection I guess.

There are third party patches for the classic Red Faction games that make the games playable. Just like with Saints Row 2. Guess they can't be bothered to update the games themselves.

The first set of keys from the IR with EP 3&4... the Ep4 keys were broken... it says you own Ep4, but Steam doesn't download the Ep4 files.
I vaguely recall that being a thing. Thankfully, it looks like I didn't worry about it at the time because my key was fine.

99 pennies is probably the best I'll do on Red Faction 1.  It's been in bundles but the rest of the bundle fodder didn't appeal to me.   Will have to Google some Windows 8 fixes first since I'm assuming it won't run by itself.

We'll get right on sending a psychic message out to the three employees left at Atari after they declared bankruptcy, or whoever the hell owns the rights to it now.

Looks they took out the rpg in action rpg and now its just all action like the crappy Sacred Citadel game.

Groupees keys for The Sun At Night are sent out now, should be in your profile page later or by tomorrow afternoon. 

Sacred 3 is a cash grab by Derp Silver.  They paid an iOS/mobile dev peanuts to develop a hack-n-slash that bares little resemblance to the predecessors.

Sacred 3 is a cash grab by Derp Silver. They paid an iOS/mobile dev peanuts to develop a hack-n-slash that bares little resemblance to the predecessors.
I'm surprised you didn't say "Sacpred" and ask us to look at it in a mirror.

I don't know, it seems like everything Derp Silver has been involved with since Back to the Future has been horrible. Their score card since 2012 has included Dead Island Riptide, Nascar 2014, X Rebirth, and Ride to Hell: Retribution. And they have TWO Dead Island sequels coming out next year. The boring combat in Saints Row IV was also a letdown. I'm skeptical about their ability to revive the Homeworld franchise in 2015.

I think they were publishers for that or something.
... in Europe. Retail. Almost a year after the game was finished.

Meaning they had nothing to do with the development of the game. :p

But if he meant as in poor decisions... then yeah, they're full of 'em.

... The Telltale game? Buh?
Deep Silver gets rights to publish a lot of console versions of games in Europe, so while they didn't have any impact on production, they technically get the brand under their name. For a game that they both developed and produced that was good, you're probably looking at Cursed Mountain. Better than Metro and Dead Island combined, and it was like $6 new retail for Wii.

... in Europe. Retail. Almost a year after the game was finished.

Meaning they had nothing to do with the development of the game. :p
True, but Blade's comment was anything they were "involved with" so this technically means they were involved with it. They also published Catherine at least partially which console people seem to love a lot.

Deep Silver gets rights to publish a lot of console versions of games in Europe, so while they didn't have any impact on production, they technically get the brand under their name. For a game that they both developed and produced that was good, you're probably looking at Cursed Mountain. Better than Metro and Dead Island combined, and it was like $6 new retail for Wii.
I liked Metro and Dead Island. Haven't played the sequels. Both series seem like they do really well with the console crowd, which is probably what matters most.

I'm surprised you didn't say "Sacpred" and ask us to look at it in a mirror.

I don't know, it seems like everything Derp Silver has been involved with since Back to the Future has been horrible. Their score card since 2012 has included Dead Island Riptide, Nascar 2014, X Rebirth, and Ride to Hell: Retribution. And they have TWO Dead Island sequels coming out next year. The boring combat in Saints Row IV was also a letdown. I'm skeptical about their ability to revive the Homeworld franchise in 2015.
Homefront.

Gearbox has Homeworld.

Open for all:

• Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Lume
  • Humanity Asset
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller: Episode 1
  • Soulbringer
  • Gun Metal
  • Syberia II
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Strategic War In Europe
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • Ravensword: Shadowlands
  • Rock of Ages
  • Ignite
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker
  • Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends

Open for all:

• Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Lume
  • Humanity Asset
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Soulbringer
  • Gun Metal
  • Syberia II
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Strategic War In Europe
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • Ravensword: Shadowlands
  • Rock of Ages
  • Ignite
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker
  • Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends
i'll take Stealth Bastard, hehe

New donor only list:

• Tidalis
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • NEO Scavenger
  • Planet Stronghold + DLC
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • Swipecart
  • Lost Civilization
  • Daikatana
To get on the donor list, just make a donation to Seattle Children's through my Extra Life page! Go team!

Open for all:

• Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Lume
  • Humanity Asset
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed