Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh how i miss the russians. Dungeon of the endless is on sale, as are all of the endless games due to legend being on sale. However 10$ for the full dungeon feels like too much, and putin has it for 3.40, which just feels right :(

oh man, i'm gonna benchmark the  fuck out of my crappy pc.

btw, ES shows historical low at $2.50. was that a glitch or super-secret flash deal everyone except me got?

Again, that's for consoles.. no news for PC that I can see.

If it does happen, it'll probably be like the Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex rereleases.. meaning there's not much that they can add.

Yes, I really enjoy the DLC. The DLC weapons/powers are really fun to use.
That whole thread is really confusing because they are talking about the stand alone DLC and the re-release, which I guess also includes the stand alone DLC, at the same time but I think the Volition guy seemed to comfirm the re-release won't be for PC in one of the replies.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/206420/discussions/0/34096318780988692/#c613939841495678380

Will the Re-elected edition have the TF2 DLC's too?

I have enough "HD" remakes as it is, some of them actually look worse than their originals.

I need better reasons that just "High Definition"
The TF2 DLC was a PC preorder only. It's not part of Re-Elected which is only on current gen consoles, xbox one and PS4.

oh man, i'm gonna benchmark the fuck out of my crappy pc.

btw, ES shows historical low at $2.50. was that a glitch or super-secret flash deal everyone except me got?
I think that was some flash deal a long time ago. I also believe they gave out keys for free for a while, I vaguely remember getting it that way (also judging by this in my history: 3DMark Advanced (3P) Retail, I didnt buy it on steam and sure as hell wouldnt have just bought it at some store since I dont care about benchmarks). May have been a freebie from the company I got my gfx card from

-edit

looks like 2.5 was a flash deal during the last christmas sale, dec21 2013

Let's go back to Omerta, shall we?

There's no massive benefit for getting "Gold" over the base edition price-wise (known as the anti-Skyrim effect). So should I get Gold? Or just ignore the DLC?
What do you mean no benefit? The DLC on it's own is four cents cheaper than the gold edition, meaning that if you ever want the DLC a purchase of the base version is wasted.

<cough> gilby <cough>
Doesn't count. I never was around to see the deal in the first place. Gilbying requires knowing about a deal/bundle, intending to pick it up, and putting it off long enough to miss it. Missing a time-limited sale or glitch because you're sleeping, working, traveling or whatever is something else.

Steam users are idiots.

HwHxrgI.png
I'm pretty sure I've voted for every winner so far... :whistle2:

Suggestions on why I can log on to one Steam account on my computer but I can't log on to a second account?  This process seems to work just fine on my home computer (sign out of one, sign on to the other) but here at work I get the generic message "Could not connect to Steam network.  This could be due to a problem with your internet connection or with the Steam network".

I'm pretty sure I have been able to sign on using the second account before but most of the time I just get the above message.

Edit:  Just to clarify I am trying to use the client.  I can sign on to either account through Chrome.

oh how i miss the russians. Dungeon of the endless is on sale, as are all of the endless games due to legend being on sale. However 10$ for the full dungeon feels like too much, and putin has it for 3.40, which just feels right :(
You don't need the extra special pack ("Crystal pack?") unless you're a completist. The hero is a Doctor Who rip off and not very good. I've not unlocked the library ship yet but it'll take a while to get to.

It's a cracking little game. If you liked FTL, I suspect you'll like this. Took me a few attempts to "get" it, mostly by trial and error, but once I did I got a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

50% is a fair discount and the best you'll see for a while. The dev is stingy/sensible with their discount practices.

You don't need the extra special pack ("Crystal pack?") unless you're a completist. The hero is a Doctor Who rip off and not very good. I've not unlocked the library ship yet but it'll take a while to get to.

It's a cracking little game. If you liked FTL, I suspect you'll like this. Took me a few attempts to "get" it, mostly by trial and error, but once I did I got a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

50% is a fair discount and the best you'll see for a while. The dev is stingy/sensible with their discount practices.
The only reason I want the crystal pack is because it unlocks a new faction in endless space, if it wasnt for that I wouldnt really care about it

As I read in to it though amplitude is still claiming the vaulters will be released for free once DoE is out of early access. So I guess you dont really need the crystal pack, just patience

I actually got a foil holiday card...and it's worth $.36.  Which is less than I had hoped to get for regular cards from crafting badges.

Worst sale ever!

The first sticky on the game's steam forum. Coming in January.
Yeah, as others have pointed out, that's not coming out on PC. It's Volition's attempt at bringing the Xbone/Ps4 versions up to the visual standards of the PC version -- plus they're adding in some stuff that takes advantage of what each console offers (voice commands/Vita remote play. In other words, PC players already have their definitive edition with Game of the Century.

Here's a FAQ on Gat out of Hell and Re-Elected

Here's a FAQ on Gat out of Hell and Re-Elected
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is the upcoming new-gen console release of Saints Row IV for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One that brings the visuals closer in line to the PC version. Re-Elected also takes advantage of some of the inherent features of each console like Vita remote play, streaming/recording, and voice commands. Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is not coming out on PC.

The only reason I want the crystal pack is because it unlocks a new faction in endless space, if it wasnt for that I wouldnt really care about it

As I read in to it though amplitude is still claiming the vaulters will be released for free once DoE is out of early access. So I guess you dont really need the crystal pack, just patience
It's been out of EA for a while! I'd check for you but I already have the Crystal Pack.

You guys see that Shovel Knight is in Road Redemption now? im gonna check it out later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OikEQxORLxo

All of the Origin talk earlier reminded me to boot it up and check for free games.

1) Start Origin

2) Download update

3) Look up username and password to reenter since updates always wipe login info

4) No new free games

5) Notice 20% off code "ORIGIN20"

6) Add Bioware Points to cart

7) Code does not work on Bioware points

8) Close Origin, exit from notification area

Also, my C&C3 and C&C: The First Decade retail cd keys will not redeem on Origin.   :-({|=

All of the Origin talk earlier reminded me to boot it up and check for free games.

1) Start Origin

2) Download update

3) Look up username and password to reenter since updates always wipe login info

4) No new free games

Also, my C&C3 retail cd keys will not redeem on Origin.   :-({|=

1) Start Origin

2) Download update

4) No new free games

Also, my C&C3 retail cd keys will not redeem on Origin.   :-({|=

Also, my C&C3 and C&C: The First Decade retail cd keys will not redeem on Origin. :-({|=
You can probably hop on the chat and talk to Ravinder and get him to add it for you though.

And no 20% off on Bioware points, did you really expect better?

I love how we're all scrambling to try to get 20% off some old ass DLC like that's hot shit. 20%

Any opinions on Hatoful Boyfriend for $2 over at GMG?
Besides that it will be bundled? Besides that you probably already own the old version on Groupees as DRM free that's essentially the same thing but maybe a little less pretty and you still haven't played it yet?

Assuming I didn't miss any glitches on Endless Legend or Dungeon of the Endless it's another bleh day.  Love the community vote to increase the discount on a $0.99 game from $0.75 to $0.50 -- utter waste of a featured spot.

You can probably hop on the chat and talk to Ravinder and get him to add it for you though.

And no 20% off on Bioware points, did you really expect better?

I love how we're all scrambling to try to get 20% off some old ass DLC like that's hot shit. 20%
Yes it is sad I know. But I need that ME3 story DLC to complete my collection!

Does anyone know what the guidelines are for CAG site passwords?  I changed my password recently and I'm having to re-enter the credentials every few hours.  No issues logging in, and prior to changing, I would stay logged in for weeks at a time.

Thanks!

Does anyone know what the guidelines are for CAG site passwords? I changed my password recently and I'm having to re-enter the credentials every few hours. No issues logging in, and prior to changing, I would stay logged in for weeks at a time.

Thanks!
So you mean you are not staying logged in to this (CAG) site? Did you check that little "remember me" box under your credentials when you logged in? If not then you are probably timing out.

If you mean something entirely different then ignore me.

Sounds like somebody reported you to Playfire.
piratescool-det.gif

So you mean you are not staying logged in to this (CAG) site? Did you check that little "remember me" box under your credentials when you logged in? If not then you are probably timing out.

If you mean something entirely different then ignore me.
I have been checking the little box. What would cause me to time out? Is there a setting somewhere? I have the suspicion my password is too complicated...

It's pretty cool of them to do this for the people who purchased the game early, instead of just marking their DLC down 50%. I'd purchase more games early if this became a trend... I'm looking at you Bethesda.
Amen.

There's no need to screw early buyers who want to play games ASAP and keep these dev's + pub's in business.

Storyline was indeed not as epic as DAO... but what RPG is? (That's more of a rhetorical question... Just me trying to point out that DAO was likely top 5 in story all time in RPGs.)
If we're doing the whole "get a group of different races, species, and whatnot together + save the world from something" - Mass Effect 2 (kind of) does this on a bigger scale. DAO's game-world on one planet is nowhere as big as say an entire galaxy. ;)

For very extremely personal stories w/ a good deal of epic scope - w/ fantastic writing, prose, dialogue, and whatnot...Planescape: Torment is amost impossible to top.

EDIT:

It was a cliche plot, but it was a well told story.
Agreed on the story - cliche for dark-fantasy, but extremely well-told.

Though, I think the actual characters were definitely one of the stand-outs in DAO.

Oh, plus the old-school party-controlling strategic combat was freaking fantastic.

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is the upcoming new-gen console release of Saints Row IV for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One that brings the visuals closer in line to the PC version. Re-Elected also takes advantage of some of the inherent features of each console like Vita remote play, streaming/recording, and voice commands. Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is not coming out on PC.
Great to know.

Looks like I can buy the SR4: Upgrade to GOTC Pack, since it's 75% off at $2.49 again.

I'm all in.

EDIT:

It's pretty cool of them to do this for the people who purchased the game early, instead of just marking their DLC down 50%. I'd purchase more games early if this became a trend... I'm looking at you Bethesda.
Amen.

There's no need to screw early buyers who want to play games ASAP and keep these dev's + pub's in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back