Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
To repeat myself from earlier, if you're in the Hinterlands doing every side quest even though you hate it, get out. Do the main quest. Get to your real stronghold. Talk to people etc.

And if you've done that or are doing it and still hate it, well I can't help that.

photo-thumb-200695.png
I doubt I'll ever play it again. I got pretty far tho. Past Skyhold.

MMO style filler quests.

Picking up plants and rocks.

Cutscenes are choppy as hell and the writing is just plain bad, with infantile social commentary shoehorned in.

Hold R to combat.

I got like 2 helmets in 20+ hours.

There's like 10 enemies in the entire game.

The hair looks like legos.

No way to get from point A to point B without fast travel.

Mounts are useless as you can't fight or pick berries on one, or even scan for stuff.

The war table seems cool but it basically just boils down to clicking and waiting for an insignificant reward.

The perks are hilariously lopsided. (josephine will finish her war table quests 10% faster, or you get 4 more health potions)

The world is about to be taken over by demons, let's spend a bunch of time having a ballroom dance for some reason.

Maybe it's just not for me but this game is not very fun. I really gave it a chance too. I'm done giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt. I think the highlight of the game for me was acting as a judge.

To repeat myself from earlier, if you're in the Hinterlands doing every side quest even though you hate it, get out. Do the main quest. Get to your real stronghold. Talk to people etc.

And if you've done that or are doing it and still hate it, well I can't help that.

photo-thumb-200695.png
Double post because i'm double mad. At least I got it off mexican origin for pretty cheap.

MMO style filler quests.

Cutscenes are choppy as hell and the writing is just plain bad, with infantile social commentary shoehorned in.

Hold R to combat.

Mounts are useless as you can't fight or pick berries on one, or even scan for stuff.

The war table seems cool but it basically just boils down to clicking and waiting for an insignificant reward.

The perks are hilariously lopsided. (josephine will finish her war table quests 10% faster, or you get 4 more health potions)

The world is about to be taken over by demons, let's spend a bunch of time having a ballroom dance for some reason.

Maybe it's just not for me but this game is not very fun. I really gave it a chance too. I'm done giving Bioware the benefit of the doubt. I think the highlight of the game for me was acting as a judge.
shake-it-off.gif

My top 10 of da year hehe-

1. Wolfy
2. Far Cry 4
3. Mordor
4. Shovel Knight
5. Bayonetta 2
6. Dragon Age: Inquisition 
7. Transistor
8. Infamous 2nd Son
9. MGS V Ground Zeroes
10. Mario Kart 8

So I've gotten my car fixed and I have return from my debilitating cold. Tell me there has been some god deals/glitches since Friday.
There haven't been many good deals, let alone god ones.

MMO style filler quests.

Hold R to combat.

What really puts me off is the helmet detail. I like Helmet Collection Simulators so this doesn't sound like it's for me

Rocket Knight is $1.93 on Nuuvem. It's one I've had my eye on for quite a while and it's never been as cheap on Steam. (last good deal was on Nuuvem earlier this month, hehe)

Activates on Steam, of course.

MMO style filler quests.

Hold R to combat.

I'm not really sure why I'm bothering because I consider you in the Mooby/Oscar the Grouch category when it comes to games but most of that stuff is optional or nitpicking.

Admittedly the hair is truly horrid, but as far as side quests go those are optional. If you hate them don't do them. It's funny how everyone calls them "MMO quests" as if we didn't have run here, run there side quests in RPGs in the rose colored glasses good ol' days or something.

Picking up plants and rock? What, you're bitching about the alchemy/crafting stuff? Really? Besides the fact that that's practically an RPG staple these days and this is hardly the only game that has it, again optional. Don't do it. You don't have to.

Mounts are just for getting around quicker. They serve that purpose and not much else and I'm fine with that.

They could have done more with the war table sure, but a lot of it is not the item or money you get but the text and the extra background that gives on other events going on or maybe hearing from another character way off somewhere. You know, roleplaying stuff in a roleplaying game. If they made it all about the loot then you'd bitch that it was MMO.

No way to get between areas without fast travel. Well first off most of the areas are huge and you can definitely travel within them without fast travel if you want, but to get between them? Yes you go from a map. Dragon Age has always been like that, that's nothing new. If anything they've added more open world type elements to it but it's never going to be one big map. Particularly in this game where is spans two countries and sometimes more. It was never promised to be one seamless open world and I don't really see the problem.

"The world is about to be taken over by demons, let's spend a bunch of time having a ballroom dance for some reason." That's the point. They're Orelsians. They're all about appearances and politics with deception underneath it all. The whole scenario goes to great lengths to illustrate that. The fate of the most powerful country in that world is in the balance and there are assassins hanging around and all kinds of other crazy shit going on which you would have noticed if you weren't too busy deciding that it sucks and waiting to run to the internet to take a dump all over it.

And yes there's social commentary but that's hardly a surprise for a Bioware game.

Look, it's not for you. That's fine. Go ask for your Pesos back. I don't get what you expect in a game. Or Mooby. I think there's like maybe one game a year you guys don't trash. I don't know why you play games but whatever.

The "Lego hair" was fixed with the recent patch anyway, it was a problem with the shaders staying on ultra even if your mesh quality was set lower. Setting meshes to ultra fixed it even before the patch.

While they have discontinued their older DVDs, Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us both have collector's DVDs available. The FAQs for Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands say there might be DVDs available once those series end, as well.
I don't want those DVDs.

I want the DVDs I was supposed to get because I paid money for the games in their store. Discontinued my ass, they just didn't want to make any more, especially now that they're actually getting hundreds of thousands of buyers.

And I'm sure that if they do bring them back we won't be getting them either because 'we're old customers'.

I miss the old Telltale. At least back then they appeared to give a damn.

I don't think password complications have anything to do with it. It's most likely your browser.
So I dumped cookies, history, passwords, etc. from my browser. Steam saw it as a new device, and now I'm locked out of the market for 7 days. Joy. Hoping at least I can stay logged in to CAG.

Getting a book for the Shaperate or finding some dude's missing daughter or collecting sticks for some Dalish elf was immersive world building in DA:O.  It's terrible MMO fetch quests when it happens in DA:I.

The sidequests are mandatory to do the main quests tho. By the time I tapped out I needed like 40 power to do the next story mission. I don't feel like it's nitpicking to say it feels like busy work and isn't fun after so many hours.

Dragon Age Origins came out 5 years ago, I don't think it's too crazy to want them to progress their map system. I think they did a good job with the environments and they looked nice and are varied but having to fast travel all the time is lame IMO. If it doesn't bother you that's your prerogative.

Hey, you liked the game and thought it was good. I'm happy for you. I thought it was like 6/10. Way lower than that if weighted against the rest of the series.

And just to prove I'm not Mooby tier here's 10 from this year I really liked:

1. Bayo 2

2. Sm4sh

3. Dark Souls 2

4. MK8

5. NBA2k15

6. Divinity OS

7. DKC: TF

8. Crimzon Clover World Ignition

9. Valkyria Chronicles

10. Far Cry 4

So I dumped cookies, history, passwords, etc. from my browser. Steam saw it as a new device, and now I'm locked out of the market for 7 days. Joy. Hoping at least I can stay logged in to CAG.
You're only locked out on that browser on that device. Other browsers should be fine if they already had logged on. The client should be fine if it already had logged on.

All of the Origin talk earlier reminded me to boot it up and check for free games.

1) Start Origin

2) Download update

3) Look up username and password to reenter since updates always wipe login info

4) No new free games

5) Notice 20% off code "ORIGIN20"

6) Add Bioware Points to cart

7) Code does not work on Bioware points

8) Close Origin, exit from notification area
I just had a similar experience with GMG... Loaded a cart up, tried to do the 20% off, got a cannot add error, no way to remove individual items from the cart.. Gave up and closed tab.

(They really need to say what it can and cannot be used on... They also need to have the code in plain text somewhere on their webpage.... Its a fucking joke that one cannot just copy and paste it in this day in age.)

You should have searched for *cheapassgamer* and only removed the cookies of this site... ;-)

The sidequests are mandatory to do the main quests tho. By the time I tapped out I needed like 40 power to do the next story mission. I don't feel like it's nitpicking to say it feels like busy work and isn't fun after so many hours.

Dragon Age Origins came out 5 years ago, I don't think it's too crazy to want them to progress their map system. I think they did a good job with the environments and they looked nice and are varied but having to fast travel all the time is lame IMO. If it doesn't bother you that's your prerogative.

Hey, you liked the game and thought it was good. I'm happy for you. I thought it was like 6/10. Way lower than that if weighted against the rest of the series.

And just to prove I'm not Mooby tier here's 10 from this year I really liked:

1. Bayo 2

2. Sm4sh

3. Dark Souls 2

4. MK8

5. NBA2k15

6. Divinity OS

7. DKC: TF

8. Crimzon Clover World Ignition

9. Valkyria Chronicles

10. Far Cry 4
Mooby also loves divinity os

you're mooby

Origin gave me that stupid $10 off $30 coupon for buying DA:I and then disallowed non-EA games and the only stuff over $29.99  was ridiculously priced shit like Titanfall Deluxe for $80.   Oh, and you couldn't use it on DA:I either.  Thanks, Origin!

You're only locked out on that browser on that device. Other browsers should be fine if they already had logged on. The client should be fine if it already had logged on.
Thanks. I figured this out accidentally. Still annoyed. I want to be able to sell my increasingly diminishing-in-value holiday cards in the browser of my choice. Is that too much to ask?

You should have searched for *cheapassgamer* and only removed the cookies of this site... ;-)
Could have. Did not want to. That sounds like work to me.

I think you are overstating how much of the optional content you need to do. I've been enjoying doing all that crap and have far more power than I will ever need. Honestly, the overabundance of areas and content seems like a reaction to complaints about Dragon Age 2. If you try and do them all you end up horrendously over-leveled. Just sample a little of each area and you should do fine.

P.S. You think the helmets are bad? Play a Qunari. I thought being a horned giant would be fun, but he wants to spread paint all over his face like some kind of demon geisha or something.

So I bought the Saints Row Franchise Pack. After I downloaded it, it says I have all DLC and the base game of SR4. The Franchise Pack has the Game of the Century version listed.

And when I goto the product page for the Game of the Century version it says it's in my Library.
[attachment=10819:image.jpg]

Yet on the product page for the Franchise Pack everything in the list is greyed out and says In Library, except for the GOTC version.
[attachment=10818:image.jpg]

I just logged into my Origin account, and it appears that I have free game time for BF4.   That will probably get it out of my system.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Quick question, how shit is Telltale DRM? Realized got enough bing point to get a $3 amazon gift card so can save about $5ish if I split my TWD and TWAU purchases over Amazon/Steam. But if Telltale DRM is god awful, rather just save the bing points for something else.
I'm not sure whether they've changed it, but it used to be Securom.

I've bought a few new games and the one I've spent the most time playing so far is Broforce. It's Devolver, so no doubt it's bundle-bound, but it's a really fun game, so be on the lookout for it.

Imagine Contra in bite-sized chunks with 4 player co-op. There are 26 different guys to unlock. They all play differently and serve as in-game powerups. The controls are tight and it's a one-more-round kind of game.

If there's a knock on it, I'd say that the variety of enemies isn't great, but the levels are destructible and there are usually multiple ways to get to your goal. It's Early Access, so I assume it's only going to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back