Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those dumb fucks just stirred up a hornet's nest. Good luck with that.

Anyway, linked post says it's the Germans doing it. fucking Simulator lovers.

dcsxxgO.jpg

Doesn't make any sense that they would suddenly take offense to DSFix at this point. Unless Dark Souls: Ultimate Fix Edition is coming out as DLC.

Seems like they should be thanking/paying Durante for fixing their crappy port job rather than taking legal action.
Hmmmm - possible.

I'm sure many gamers might want Dark Souls 1 on their XB1 + PS3, so you got a point.

So maybe they'll bring that newer edition to PC, as well.

Another thought - maybe a new Dark Souls 1: Ultimate Fix re-release will move everything over to the Engine that'll be running that new Dark Souls 2 Next-Gen re-release.

TWD:S2 vs Outlast? I have near $4 funbux to burn. I'm leaning towards Outlast... because... bundle. I know TWD:S2 and The Wolf Among Us WILL be in a bundle really soon

Well TWD: S2 being $6.24 been about the best of the sale for me, figured it'd be $7.49 so I'll take it. 

Non-sale related but Antisquad and Dungeon of Elements is pissing me off, both taking forever to drop their cards. Thinking it might be an hour or so a card, bastards. 

Non-game related, Taco Bell's nacho cheese is so god awful, have to go back to trying to get them to not add it on my stuff. Figured I'd give a try again because it might be okay, I mean I don't mind cheese whiz on beef sometimes so can't be much worse. Was very very wrong.

That Shovel Knight video now has me watching every single time the damn flash/dailies flip for Road Redemption.

I loved Road Rash, and this looks as ridiculous as Road Rash.

I asked in the Groupees thread a few days ago, but did anyone ever have to request a replacement key for Nekro (Groupees Be Mine 13)? Keys were deactivated sometime in October due to a hack, and people were instructed to request replacements by the developer. I sent a request over a week ago but haven't heard anything back. Did anybody who e-mailed get a response, and how long did it take? Thanks.

I asked in the Groupees thread a few days ago, but did anyone ever have to request a replacement key for Nekro (Groupees Be Mine 13)? Keys were deactivated sometime in October due to a hack, and people were instructed to request replacements by the developer. I sent a request over a week ago but haven't heard anything back. Did anybody who e-mailed get a response, and how long did it take? Thanks.
I did and it only took about 5 minutes. Seriously, I was amazed at how quick the turnaround was on it. But I emailed them within the first 12 hours of the key replacement thing (thanks to a head's up from Spoder).

I did and it only took about 5 minutes. Seriously, I was amazed at how quick the turnaround was on it. But I emailed them within 12 hours of the start of the key replacement fiasco (thanks to a head's up from Spoder).
I'm pretty frustrated. Highly doubt they're getting many requests these days, and it's been over one week since I e-mailed exactly as they instructed. Seems pretty clear by this point they don't intend to respond to me, and the developer threatens to withhold keys if anybody follows up or asks again. I have no idea what to do - Groupees will probably just tell me it's out of their hands.

I did and it only took about 5 minutes. Seriously, I was amazed at how quick the turnaround was on it. But I emailed them within the first 12 hours of the key replacement thing (thanks to a head's up from Spoder).
Took about 10 for me, but I emailed within an hour or so of their "email us for new key" post.

Is there an upgrade pack for Saint's Row the Third like IV has? I just checked my Steam account and apparently I have no DLC for either game. Kind of seems like a sin, almost.

I'm pretty frustrated. Highly doubt they're getting many requests these days, and it's been over one week since I e-mailed exactly as they instructed. Seems pretty clear by this point they don't intend to respond to me, and the developer threatens to withhold keys if anybody follows up or asks again. I have no idea what to do - Groupees will probably just tell me it's out of their hands.
He's threatening to withhold keys from people who follow up on a request? Jeeze, what a dick.

The only thing that I could suggest is maybe post about this on the thread where the dev explained the procedure to get new keys. I would try to be as diplomatic about it as possible though. Never know what the diva dev will consider following up. I'd probably just phrase it sort of like you phrased it here by asking how long it took for other people to get their keys. Real subtle like. Hopefully the dev will see the post and get in touch with you or something.

It is kinda pathetic though, that you have to walk on eggshells while trying to get something that you already paid for.

He's threatening to withhold keys from people who follow up on a request? Jeeze, what a dick.

The only thing that I could suggest is maybe post about this on the thread where the dev explained the procedure to get new keys. I would try to be as diplomatic about it as possible though. Never know what the diva dev will consider following up. I'd probably just phrase it sort of like you phrased it here by asking how long it took for other people to get their keys. Real subtle like. Hopefully the dev will see the post and get in touch with you or something.

It is kinda pathetic though, that you have to walk on eggshells while trying to get something that you already paid for.
I was curious so I went to look, and yeah, he's kind of a dick.

darkForge Games [developer] Oct 23 @ 10:20am
INVALID KEYS - READ BEFORE POSTING!
If you purchased Nekro and you're getting invalid key, please send an email to contact @ darkforgegames.com with the retailer you got it from and the code itself and it will be promptly replaced.
*YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE RETAILER YOU PURCHASED IT FROM FOR US TO ISSUE A NEW ONE*

*IF WE DO NOT REPLY, DO NOT SEND ANOTHER EMAIL. IF YOU SEND ANOTHER EMAIL, YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR KEY.*

Please use REPLACEMENT KEY as the subject line.

If you have been waiting a long time for your key, do not send another email. We WILL get to you. I have over 200 emails a day and thousands of keys to give out. Sending more emails, or posting threads about how 'long it is taking' will do absoloutely nothing to speed up the process. Please wait.

All threads asking "Where is my key" will be deleted - no exceptions.

Thank you.

This topic has been locked by a moderator, no replies can be made.

TheRainMan (trading) Dec 17 @ 9:21am
Is there a new support email?
I've been trying to email support (contact @ darkforgegames.com) for almost 48 hours now and I've used 3 different servers(yahoo, gmail, and another one) and each time I get an email back saying that the message was not able to send. When I try sending an email to somebody else, it goes through fine. This issue has only happened before when the email account I was sending a message to was deleted. Is there a new email that is being used by them now?

Showing 1-2 of 2 comments

darkForge Games [developer] Dec 17 @ 12:16pm

That's the proper email. If it's not related to key replacement you can post the issue here.

TheRainMan (trading) Dec 17 @ 12:29pm

It is. Should I just keep trying that email? I know you guys don't want more than one email about the issue so I don't want to resend it over and over.

Note the *crickets* in reply to that person needing help.

Also they have a thread that tells you the dos and don'ts of how you to leave feedback noting among other things that complaining will not be tolerated.

Did this affect everyone who bought Nekro from Groupee's? I check my Steam and I still have Nekro. Was it just a selected number of keys?

The dev locked the topic and says any other posts about keys will be deleted. See here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/246400/discussions/0/619569341071480896/

*IF WE DO NOT REPLY, DO NOT SEND ANOTHER EMAIL. IF YOU SEND ANOTHER EMAIL, YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR KEY.*

I can sympathize that there are probably some fraudulent requests, but I provided my key and retailer (Groupees), and they should be able to confirm it was a valid. I wonder if my request was somehow ignored because it's 2+ months after the announcement (I didn't know the key was invalid until I tried redeeming it last week and learned about the situation from searching Google and checking the Nekro Steam discussions).

Either way, it's frustrating because as you said I've paid for a copy of the game. Pretty much nothing I can do.

Did this affect everyone who bought Nekro from Groupee's? I check my Steam and I still have Nekro. Was it just a selected number of keys?
All unused keys were invalidated, but the game was not removed from any accounts of people who redeemed keys beforehand.

I'm pretty sure everyone who already activated is fine. They aren't Gamersgate. I think the issue was just with the keys that hadn't been activated yet and those got deactivated.

I'm not really sure why they couldn't have just worked with Groupees to resolve and replace those keys, unless they somehow think Groupees lax security was part of the reason for the hack or whatever it was. I must have missed all that drama. :p

Every key that had not already been used was invalidated. If you already redeemed the key, it doesn't affect you and you have nothing to worry about. If you hadn't gotten around to using your key though, you now have an invalid key on your groupees page. The key wont work if you try to use it.

EDIT: Motoki'd

Has anyone snakey'd Tabletop Sim and have any opinions on it? I have some friends that are huge into board games and would love to play online with them.

That's a convenient catch-22.

• Email us for a new key.
  • When you don't hear from us and attempt to follow up you'll be disqualified.

I'm pretty sure everyone who already activated is fine. They aren't Gamersgate. I think the issue was just with the keys that hadn't been activated yet and those got deactivated.
I can confirm this. I was fortunate to have have redeemed my Nekro key before shit+fan, and it's still in my steam library.

I was curious so I went to look, and yeah, he's kind of a dick.

darkForge Games [developer] Oct 23 @ 10:20am
INVALID KEYS - READ BEFORE POSTING!
If you purchased Nekro and you're getting invalid key, please send an email to contact @ darkforgegames.com with the retailer you got it from and the code itself and it will be promptly replaced.
*YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE RETAILER YOU PURCHASED IT FROM FOR US TO ISSUE A NEW ONE*

Please use REPLACEMENT KEY as the subject line.

If you have been waiting a long time for your key, do not send another email. We WILL get to you. I have over 200 emails a day and thousands of keys to give out. Sending more emails, or posting threads about how 'long it is taking' will do absoloutely nothing to speed up the process. Please wait.

Thank you.

This topic has been locked by a moderator, no replies can be made.

TheRainMan (trading) Dec 17 @ 9:21am
Is there a new support email?
I've been trying to email support (contact @ darkforgegames.com) for almost 48 hours now and I've used 3 different servers(yahoo, gmail, and another one) and each time I get an email back saying that the message was not able to send. When I try sending an email to somebody else, it goes through fine. This issue has only happened before when the email account I was sending a message to was deleted. Is there a new email that is being used by them now?

darkForge Games [developer] Dec 17 @ 12:16pm

That's the proper email. If it's not related to key replacement you can post the issue here.

TheRainMan (trading) Dec 17 @ 12:29pm

It is. Should I just keep trying that email? I know you guys don't want more than one email about the issue so I don't want to resend it over and over.

Note the *crickets* in reply to that person needing help.

Also they have a thread that tells you the dos and don'ts of how you to leave feedback noting among other things that complaining will not be tolerated.
glad i actually remembered to activate it right away after having a key from another game bought on groupees be deactivated.

still, what a fuck tard developer.

Quick question, how shit is Telltale DRM? Realized got enough bing point to get a $3 amazon gift card so can save about $5ish if I split my TWD and TWAU purchases over Amazon/Steam. But if Telltale DRM is god awful, rather just save the bing points for something else.

Quick question, how shit is Telltale DRM? Realized got enough bing point to get a $3 amazon gift card so can save about $5ish if I split my TWD and TWAU purchases over Amazon/Steam. But if Telltale DRM is god awful, rather just save the bing points for something else.
like delicious bacon

I didn't notice any DRM when I got TWAU for dirt cheap... though I didn't realize it was from their site and not a Steam key, which bums me out. I'll forget I own it, now... XD

My understanding is Telltale just uses an authentication check once and that's it.

Day 5 (of a 14 day sale) and the event cards are already averaging 9 cents each. Is there any way in hell they don't bottom out at 3 cents?

Shovel Knight update for Road Redemption is now out! Its only 12.99 and its one of the best early access games so just go and get it with your gabenbux u cheap asses.

Telltale DRM is like gonorrhea, you can intentionally get it, but why would you?

In all seriousness though, I had been avoiding it and didn't know much about it but went to look it up. There wasn't much clear info so I went to Reclaim Your Game, which basically a whole site run by a bunch of MysterDs.

There's more info here and here.

The TL;DR is basically what Neuro said, one time account based online activation. Seems harmless enough. Just make sure it's not something you're going to backlog or you risk forgetting about it.

That's a convenient catch-22.

• Email us for a new key.
  • When you don't hear from us and attempt to follow up you'll be disqualified.
Heh, yea while I can sympathize with getting a large number of requests and follow-up emails from impatient people, it can be a little concerning when after a week or longer a person has no idea if their request went through or not.

I found out from someone else that they sent a request for a replacement key on October 29 and got their key on December 3. So, best I can do at this point is to just wait.

Heh, yea while I can sympathize with getting a large number of requests and follow-up emails from impatient people, it can be a little concerning when after a week or longer a person has no idea if their request went through or not.

I found out from someone else that they sent a request for a replacement key on October 29 and got their key on December 3. So, best I can do at this point is to just wait.
Wow... rehab?

Man. Dragon Age Inquistion is fucking terrible. Why do I read reviews?
To repeat myself from earlier, if you're in the Hinterlands doing every side quest even though you hate it, get out. Do the main quest. Get to your real stronghold. Talk to people etc.

And if you've done that or are doing it and still hate it, well I can't help that.

photo-thumb-200695.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back