Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe telltale of the problems its having, but Assassin's Creed Unity has been removed from the front page "carousel" on Steam.

I also ran into my first bug. Climbing down from a building, I press B to drop, and he drops, but doesnt let go lol

140ysg3.jpg

Maybe telltale of the problems its having, but Assassin's Creed Unity has been removed from the front page "carousel" on Steam.

I also ran into my first bug. Climbing down from a building, I press B to drop, and he drops, but doesnt let go lol

140ysg3.jpg
Ummm that's not a bug, that's how they walk in France...constantly in the "I Surrender!" pose.

140ysg3.jpg
Same engine as Star Trek?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ2X8PHAI6Y

I went to the Steam store page after reading that and I checked under Recommended for You. I own every AC up until Unity on Steam and ACU was nowhere to be found although they did have Far Cry 4 and Watch Dogs in there. Odd. And so I went to Featured Items and no Unity...

What a bad game.

What a bad game.
I'm not prepared to go this far yet. I think the designers do deserve some praise for Unity, simply because this setting is so incredibly well done. Its literally beautiful in places. I've been to France quite a few times and the era this game takes place in is one of my favorites in history, so I know a bit going in. The level of detail in the game's Palace of Versailles is unparalleled really. The thing is, I think the tech issues will get sorted and thats the major cause for people slating the game right now as a lot are having trouble playing it. Its the gameplay criticisms that I'm saddened by. This series has had the oddest arc in terms of ebb and flows. I bet Gaben is laughing his ass of at this and rightfully so.

What's hurting this game more than anything right now is once again Ubi has released an unrefined product. I got it from the Nvidia promo so I can't complain too much, but I'm never getting an Ubi title early again. That said, I did get FC4 too via the same promo. Im out $40 total for both, so at least I was being somewhat of a CAG when getting them. Im hoping FC4 does not suffer this same fate, espc since the setting there is just as tantalizing to me as AC:U.

[quote name="archibishopthedoge" post="12231230" timestamp="1415738105"]
140ysg3.jpg
[/quote]
That pic reminds me of those "classic" FMV games. Phantasmagoria ftw

Well, it's certainly a pretty mess judging from the screenshot.  But, if it's buggy and I already have FC4 and DA:I in the wings then I can't really justify dropping the extra bucks on a sorta-working game.

One of the reviews mentioned that it spends very little time on the Abstergo crap which would be a blessing if true.

Alright, I bought the $1 tier on Humble.
Here's Insurgency to those that didn't (3 copies here).

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=PDMDmPAMUMNwuWC3

would definitely have bought the $12 tier if it was the SRIV game of the Century Edition.. but I ain't gonna deal with all that DLC on it's own.
Would've been cheaper to buy SR4 GOTC from a russian in the recent steam sale. I got it for around $5 steam wallet

Would've been cheaper to buy SR4 GOTC from a russian in the recent steam sale. I got it for around $5 steam wallet
Yeah.. I know... I couldn't believe I missed it when I noticed it had been that cheap last week. :( I am sure it's going to be near that price again real soon - especially now that it's been in a humble bundle.

Edit:

Ok - now my gf bought the Humble Bundle - here's another 3 Insurgency:

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=mCWtb4Ymb4fhHxse

Northern Wisconsin. And I hate to break the illusion, but I'm not what would be considered "school" age. I'm closer to "call the cops, there's a creepy old man hanging around the school" age.
y u gotta break the illusion.

And here I thought you were a sexy 18 year old asian girl

hopes-deleted.gif

Well it claims 100+ for the base game on the box 100+ for the expansions. Plus however many hours worth of play time are in the mods. Hmm may be a few months before that ssd gets installed. Really hope overhaul makes the resolution prettier though. Just that menu screen was painful.

Oh and MysterD needs warned morrowind has disc based drm! It requires the cd in the drive. The horror! Hope overhaul has a no cd patch too.
Yeah, I still got my retail disc copies of Morrowind + all expansions & Oblivion + all expansions.

I could go for a Steam-version of both Morrowind GOTY + Oblivion GOTY Deluxe if they're damn cheap, just to avoid disc-checks.

I went to the Steam store page after reading that and I checked under Recommended for You. I own every AC up until Unity on Steam and ACU was nowhere to be found although they did have Far Cry 4 and Watch Dogs in there. Odd. And so I went to Featured Items and no Unity...
To follow up on this, Unity is now back on the front page. I don't know what caused it to be missing in the first place, but it is back on my end at least.

AC Unity should be under early access right?
I wouldnt go that far. Its just typical of Ubi releases lately. Lots of bugs/glitches that could easily have been dealt with if they had any measure of quality control. In terms of features and such, most are functional now (finally) after not working most of the day. I think once the 1.2 patch gets rolled out things will improve at least some.

Probably not. Bonuses for HBs are usually crap. Rogue Legacy is worthy of being in a # HB
Sure sure.

Anybody else like me set games to run like their console counterparts with resolution and effects for a chuckle before jacking the settings back up? The Alan Wake devs said it ran at something like 500 lines resolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back