Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be worthwhile, if you got Amazon GC $ to blow - especially if it's Bing-made $.

Otherwise, those both have been cheaper.

MGR: R been $4.86 on Nuuvum before.
FF13 has been $6.80 (after tax) on Square's Store.
Yeah, that's why I posted it. I was about to buy MGR on Steam but checked Amazon first since I have Bing buckaroos.

How much did you pick up Qbeh for? I should have had that game wishlisted =/
I won Qbeh for 2100 gems. Which I believe was around the mid way point of the auctions when prices and bids were a lot more stable.

Looking back that seems to be about the average gem cost for all the auctions I targeted. My estimate is that 100 gems were about .10 a piece in Gaben currency. So I ended up getting Qbeh for about $2.10 or ~80% off.

I admit I used the Activity feed on Steam quite a bit to see some of the games people were winning for ideas, but I've had my eye on Qbeh for a while. I like FPS and puzzle games so it was an easy decision to snag this one for cheap.

Edit: If it ends up in a Humble bundle, you're welcome.

Has anyone here played Astebreed?
it would be an amazing experience for you, if you enjoy shoot them up arcade with a little touch of bullet hell throw in. It's "a modern day Raiden" with innovative gameplay, mecha fighting and good-old fun.

worth every penny, even without sale

I won Qbeh for 2100 gems. Which I believe was around the mid way point of the auctions when prices and bids were a lot more stable.

Looking back that seems to be about the average gem cost for all the auctions I targeted. My estimate is that 100 gems were about .10 a piece in Gaben currency. So I ended up getting Qbeh for about $2.10 or ~80% off.

I admit I used the Activity feed on Steam quite a bit to see some of the games people were winning for ideas, but I've had my eye on Qbeh for a while. I like FPS and puzzle games so it was an easy decision to snag this one for cheap.

Edit: If it ends up in a Humble bundle, you're welcome.
Yeah, I like the look of it too. I've almost grabbed it a couple of times.

That's what she said.

I love when shit goes from 25 to 33% off (Broforce).  Wow, another EIGHT PERCENT.  In the case of a $15 game that's like $1.40 more discount.  Just put it at 33% off the entire sale.

I'll just get Rising on Steam if I buy it, there are gonna be conversion fees from Brazilian to Canadian that will probably cancel out the cheaper price.

Hmm, $5.42ish, a bit cheaper than $6.39. But slap on the conversion fee and it's closer. Not worth it.

Defense Grid 1 is 85% off.  For some reason on my wishlist it only shows up as 75% off, so I'm glad I checked.  I've never played either Defense Grid.  Any thoughts on whether I need the DLC bundle, or should I just get the base game at half the price?

(Side note: this has been a pretty awesome first sale day for me.  MG: Revengeance, both Bionic Commandos, and Rocksmith 2014 from that other site; now this.  If this keeps up my wallet will be empty before Christmas.  I'd love Astebreed and Crimson Clover as well but more than $2 is too much to pay for any SHMUP given that I tend to just collect them and the probability of my investing any significant time in them is about nil.)

I'll just get Rising on Steam if I buy it, there are gonna be conversion fees from Brazilian to Canadian that will probably cancel out the cheaper price.

Hmm, $5.42ish, a bit cheaper than $6.39. But slap on the conversion fee and it's closer. Not worth it.
If it helps, GreenManGaming has MGS Ground Zeroes for the same price as Steam, plus a 20% coupon (decemb-202014-greenm).

EDIT: Rising, my bad. ignore this.

Defense Grid 1 is okay.  It was one of those stalwarts four plus years ago when the selection on Steam wasn't as vast as it is today.  I bought all the DLC for it but never finished it.  It's one of the better tower defense games but I got bored of the genre.  Probably better off saving the money you'd spend on the DLC and putting it towards a future purchase of DG2.

If it helps, GreenManGaming has MGS Ground Zeroes for the same price as Steam, plus a 20% coupon (decemb-202014-greenm).
I was considering that but I have $9.70 in Steam wallet. I wasn't sure if I should buy one of the two games or both. Played GZ on two consoles to 100% on each. But I love it and I love good graphics. Never played Rising but I didn't like the demo, but I think I could like the game if I took the time to learn it.

Oh yeah my other hesitation with GMG is their prices are in US and on Steam it's in Canadian already. Converting GMG will bring the price closer to what it is on Canadian Steam.

I was considering that but I have $9.70 in Steam wallet. I wasn't sure if I should buy one of the two games or both. Played GZ on two consoles to 100% on each. But I love it and I love good graphics. Never played Rising but I didn't like the demo, but I think I could like the game if I took the time to learn it.

Oh yeah my other hesitation with GMG is their prices are in US and on Steam it's in Canadian already. Converting GMG will bring the price closer to what it is on Canadian Steam.
*whispers in your ear*

Nuuvem

Defense Grid 1 is 85% off. For some reason on my wishlist it only shows up as 75% off, so I'm glad I checked. I've never played either Defense Grid. Any thoughts on whether I need the DLC bundle, or should I just get the base game at half the price?
For a buck fifty more you should DEFINITELY get the DLC, contrary to what our resident game-grump says. ;) The DLC is quite good, the maps are fun and challenging, and the You Monster DLC features GLaDoS (Portal) and some very ingenious surprises.

Defense Grid 2 is better in some ways, but the levels are not as good as those found in the first, in my opinion. Wait for DG2 to go on sale a little more and enjoy a super-sized helping of DG1 right now.

i thought nuveem has Ground Zeroes at the cheapest price

Happened to me earlier. Thought I was the only one that couldn't access the store, but some reason it loads under Chrome, and after an hour everything went back to normal.
The no Steam homepage thing happened to me this morning, also. It happened on both Chrome, Firefox, 2 different laptops, and the Steam client itself.

An alt account I use worked fine though, only my main was affected.

Was rather odd and I think it lasted more than an hour for me.

[quote name="provista" post="12341977" timestamp="1418977873"]Thief Master Edition - €2.23 94% off(Price Error?)[/quote]I believe someone confirmed that it is not the Master Edition. My order was just cancelled, yo!

Grrr of course Door Kickers goes up on a 12 hours, and only at 50% off. Thus limited the time have to talk myself in/out of it. At the moment leaning out due to only being 50% off, and not even a historical low (was 8.99 once at Humble apparently). 

At the same time, know I'd play the hell out of it and might have to take a plunge like I did with PA when it was 50% a long time ago. Just wish had more then, well now 7-ish hours to have to decide. Damn you Steam, damn you! Supposed to start having to do this later in the sale not the first day.

And dropped again. I get rid of all my cards this morning. Second round of voting, will drive the price even lower.
I came to the same conclusion an hour ago. I'd rather offload cards at a net 8p profit than risk a further fall. We've got five hours until the next vote which will likely be the next trough for the market.

Free bundle fodder that's perfect for your favorite seasonal or alt!

You'll get a 100% off voucher for The Journey Down Chapter 1 when you sign up to a german newsletter at http://www.gamesrocket.de/newsletter/chip_advent_jd_2014.  It's all in german so just use google to translate stuff.  You'll have to click the confirmation in the email then you'll get another email with the code.  Follow the link, add to cart, then use the code when you can and it'll knock it down to free.

Up for grabs.

NiGHTS Into Dreams
Race the Sun
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Zafehouse: Diaries
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos

---------------

Im not 100% percent sure if they are still unclaimed. I just check my notepad and saw them still sitting there.

Up for grabs.NiGHTS Into DreamsRace the SunInsanely Twisted Shadow PlanetZafehouse: DiariesDysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos---------------Im not 100% percent sure if they are still unclaimed. I just check my notepad and saw them still sitting there.
I wouldn't mind having Nights into Dreams and Race the Sun.

Up for grabs.

NiGHTS Into Dreams
Race the Sun

---------------

Im not 100% percent sure if they are still unclaimed. I just check my notepad and saw them still sitting there.
I'd love Race the Sun almost got it for Vita

Up for grabs.NiGHTS Into DreamsRace the Sun
---------------
Thank you sir for Nights!!

Just got into pc gaming, so thanks helping me build my new library.

Defense Grid 1 is okay. It was one of those stalwarts four plus years ago when the selection on Steam wasn't as vast as it is today. I bought all the DLC for it but never finished it. It's one of the better tower defense games but I got bored of the genre. Probably better off saving the money you'd spend on the DLC and putting it towards a future purchase of DG2.

For a buck fifty more you should DEFINITELY get the DLC, contrary to what our resident game-grump says. ;) The DLC is quite good, the maps are fun and challenging, and the You Monster DLC features GLaDoS (Portal) and some very ingenious surprises.

Defense Grid 2 is better in some ways, but the levels are not as good as those found in the first, in my opinion. Wait for DG2 to go on sale a little more and enjoy a super-sized helping of DG1 right now.
Thanks, guys. I'm about to pull the trigger...anybody else have any last thoughts?

DG1 is great. The storyline doesn't require you to grind endlessly old stages (pet peeve), the voiceovers are entertaining and if you really get into the game they have 10x different ways to try and beat old stages with new challenges.

Defense Grid 1 is okay. It was one of those stalwarts four plus years ago when the selection on Steam wasn't as vast as it is today. I bought all the DLC for it but never finished it. It's one of the better tower defense games but I got bored of the genre. Probably better off saving the money you'd spend on the DLC and putting it towards a future purchase of DG2.
In its time and place I really enjoyed Defense Grid 1.

Took me a little under two hours to unload 140 holiday sale cards at a net price of 8p each. Oh what might've been.

The lack of a meta-event really killed prices this year. If I'd sold cards pre-sale, I'd have seen around 63% more profit. Boo.

At least the gem auction was awesome. Got some absolute bargains there.

:whee:

Took me a little under two hours to unload 140 holiday sale cards at a net price of 8p each. Oh what might've been.

The lack of a meta-event really killed prices this year. If I'd sold cards pre-sale, I'd have seen around 63% more profit. Boo.

At least the gem auction was awesome. Got some absolute bargains there.

:whee:
Yeah, I held on to holiday cards also in the hope for the same meta-event. At least I sold a bunch while they were still in the .23-.25 range.

It seems like the real event this year was the event before the event. There were some real bargains to be had on some of the auctions on the non-AAA stuff, but admittedly it was kind of like shopping at Ross or TJ Maxx where you had to wade through a bunch of ugly clothes on the clearance rack to find some halfway decent ones.

The sale itself seems, as cliche as this is to say, underwhelming. Even the votes have been scaled back. It seems like just a sale and not an event which is fine I guess but not really what we've come to expect.

Anyway I just dumped all the cards I had sitting around forever and a day for next to nothing. I'm not strong like Madjoki to hold out for summer, which may well disappoint as well.

/HOPES DELETED

Anyone interested in splitting the BTA humble weekly?  I would be interested in Skara, Deep Dungeons of Doom and Forest of Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back