Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since everyone else is doing it and since I can't get this damned song out of my head and also because I like Sera even though most people hate her

[customspoiler=Sera Was Never an Agreeable Girl...]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Zkun0tJc4
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=And in French]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYgIZ2ljdc
[/customspoiler]

Yeah, good luck with that business plan. Have fun not making money.
iDHCWL2ZrQgj4.gif

I wish I had fakeybro'd the Obscure games at release, apparently the dev has no plans to discount them..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/254460/discussions/0/619574421282250183/#c619574421431868584
Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in Obscure and Obscure 2.

We have currently no plan to discount theses games right now.

We have no schedule in mind either... Sorry for the bad news.
I wish you a merry Xmas and a really happy year 2015!

Kind regards,
François.
Translation from "Francois":

Both will be in Tier #1 for Steam-keys in next week's Horror Themed Humble Bundle. ;)

OMG @ GB: Sanctum of Slime Demo. This demo is horrible.

Looks like I'm just get GB: The Video Game.

Jeez I go away for Christmas and come back to like 5000 posts.

Don't care to read em. there's no time.

anyway a really good soundtrack that's been stuck in my head lately is the Dragon Quest VIII (Symphonic) Soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWh7Qg8JRvY&index=4&list=PLFF48874738197D15

Last edited:
I'd be interested in knowing what everyone's favorite video game soundtracks are. I listen to background music while I work, so ideally just music, no songs. So far I have been really enjoying Expedition: Conquistadors and Bastion. I'll toss you some bundle fodder if I listen to and enjoy your suggestion!
Digital Devil Saga OST by Shoji Meguro

ITAD's saying this is the cheapest for both Ghostbusters Games - GB The Video Game + Sanctum Of Slime (base-game):

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/search:ghostbusters;/scroll:#gamelist

GB: The Video Game looks like a no-brainer, given reviews + opinions.

But, How's Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime?

Anyone here have that?

Doesn't seem as well-liked or reviewed as well as GB:TVG.
You know how I like bad games?

I didn't like Sanctum of Silme. I beat it on my own, but it sucks. It's horribly designed. The story and game itself could've been something decent but the devs botched the AI, there's no online co-op on PCs (inexcusable for a 4 player game!)... I could go on.

Stick to the main GB game. It's kinda broken on PCs too and has no co-op or versus mode either but it's playable and partly written by Ramis and Aykroyd, and counts as GB canon. Too bad there's no achievements or hope for a fix since it was developed by Terminal Reality (yes, the Bloodrayne guys)... and they imploded recently.

I made a game with zombies in it . Easily one of the Catchiest tunes in the History of the Recorded world . Cant go wrong with Dracula X and SMT Eternal Punishment/Innocent Sin. Original Y's too !

Wanted to ask a quick opinion, should I grab Sins of a Solar Empire or give Planetary Annihilation a chance?
I haven't gotten around to playing PA yet (some threads in the forums make me want to wait for a few updates before playing) but Sins is awesome. No real single player campaign to speak of so you have to play online or make your own fun in Skirmish mode against AI (which is what I usually do). Also, there is a pretty active modding community around Sins.

A few screens from some mods I have played recently:

Has anyone played Lords of Xulima?
If you enjoy those types of games, it's pretty decent/good. I haven't played too much of it, but what I have I've liked. Just make sure you learn to run or travel will suck.

I also highly recommend Crypt of the NecroDancer to anyone who likes roguelikes and/or rhythm games. Easily one of the better Early Access games and worth it in its current state at its current price.

+2 on Sins being awesome.  Plenty of depth.

Also, for those of you looking to play with friends, the DLC ONLY needs to be purchased by the host.  There's no need for each person to have the two DLCs (stellar phenomena, planets) unless they want to enjoy those on their own.

Good to know.

I'm missing Deus Ex: The Fall + HR DC on Steam.

Of course, I already own original versions of Deus Ex HR + The Missing Link. If I didn't own Missing Link for HR original-version already, I'd probably be already all over this...especially since I'm missing The Fall.

I already have Deus Ex GOTY + IW from Retail - so I wouldn't mind putting them on Steam since they all look to be all one key here.

Putting those ain't a priority to me, though.

Still hella-tempted, though.

Most people probably already have Hero Siege (bundle, I assume). I was checking out the DLC:

• Karp of Doom - $2.99: not on sale
  • Karp of Doom (Digital Collector's Edition) - $4.99 $1.24: contains all of the content of the above DLC plus some minor extras

I started to dismiss the DLC since only one was on sale, thinking I'd just wait for it all to drop. Turns out you don't even need the one that is not on sale.Weird.

I got a Kick-Ass 2 Foil.

There's just one in the market, at $5, and it's never sold. There's no buy orders for it either. Oh boy. x_x

Refresh, the correct discounts for the spotlight games just got added. Tropico's 65% off, New Vegas is 75%, etc.

Refresh, the correct discounts for the spotlight games just got added. Tropico's 65% off, New Vegas is 75%, etc.
I did refresh. And they're still entirely weak. FO:NV, so good they featured it twice, is stealth 66% off because the complete package is at 66% off. Only the base game is 75%. SMH

That Dawn Of War Franchise pack at $70 is lol. They don't have it on daily discount like DoW II but even if they did Sega is being really chintzy compared to the deals THQ did.

Watchdogs is cheaper, in the cardboard-box, non-instant gratification edition on Amazon.

Watchdogs - $20 (Uplay, probably)
It is uPlay. Only place to get the Steam version is directly from Steam unless someone chose it as the free game in the Unity Season Pass thing, then its possible to get a Steam key.

You can also go on Steamtrades or any # of trading sites and find a Nvidia promotional key (uPlay only) even cheaper. I've seen them go for 3-6 TF2 keys regularly. $10 Paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back