Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is uPlay. Only place to get the Steam version is directly from Steam unless someone chose it as the free game in the Unity Season Pass thing, then its possible to get a Steam key.

You can also go on Steamtrades or any # of trading sites and find a Nvidia promotional key (uPlay only) even cheaper. I've seen them go for 3-6 TF2 keys regularly. $10 Paypal.
Yeah, I was fairly certain, I just didn't care enough to take a firm stand. The point of the post was to highlight:

1. One of the few times physical is cheaper than digital
  2. #SteamSaleSux*
*This can only be shown fairly, on major retailer vs major retailer.

Meh. Tempted by Nidhogg, but I have to think that'll be in a bundle at some point.

Also I hope Surgeon Simulator is never featured again.
You know that Atari 2600 hipsterpixel game is going to be bundled. Bundles love pixel games. And this one had the indie intelligentsia falling all over themselves to award it for excellence. Humble won't be able to resist. The prestige!

Watchdogs is cheaper, in the cardboard-box, non-instant gratification edition on Amazon.

Watchdogs - $20 (Uplay, probably)
The console kids were using some console logic shenanigans that involved getting Target to price match K-Mart or Walmart or something and then stacking it some cartwheel app discount plus standing on their head on a Tuesday during a new moon while gargling and humming the ABC song backwards to get the console versions for $10. Sadly, if you had hopes of a day full of adventure to get you a bargain on the PC version, Target only sells it online so the shenanigii won't work.

Also apparently some of them are getting denied by taskmaster Target employees.

PS - yes, boxed and anywhere else but Steam is going to be UPlay NINJA'D

PPS - yes MysterD I know getting it on Steam means double DRM and that makes your head explode.

You know that Atari 2600 hipsterpixel game is going to be bundled. Bundles love pixel games. And this one had the indie intelligentsia falling all over themselves to award it for excellence. Humble won't be able to resist. The prestige!

The console kids were using some console logic shenanigans that involved getting Target to price match K-Mart or Walmart or something and then stacking it some cartwheel app discount plus standing on their head on a Tuesday during a new moon while gargling and humming the ABC song backwards to get the console versions for $10. Sadly, if you had hopes of a day full of adventure to get you a bargain on the PC version, Target only sells it online so the shenanigii won't work.

Also apparently some of them are getting denied by taskmaster Target employees though.

PPS - yes MysterD I know getting it on Steam means double DRM and that makes your head explode.
Yeah, I'm always amused when I read the console game retail shennagans...

1. Go to the store and ask for "Bob"
  2. Tell him you want the "one with everything"
  3. Have him pricematch a shady looking ebayer
  4. Explain you're using a trade-in, doubling coupon
  5. Have them call their manager to accept that grandmas are accepted as trade-ins on 29 Feb, between 11 am and noon, but since the store is closed then they honor it right now.

Also apparently some of them are getting denied by taskmaster Target employees though.

Do what thou wilt.

I already own Watch Dogs on UPlay.

I do want Dead Rising 3 since I don't own a Xbox One but... I should probably hold off for a better deal.
Wait for 50% or better. It will happen sooner rather than later.

One option if you dont want to wait is see if GMG puts it onsale again. I believe it was the same price as Steam, but they have a coupon that takes another 20% off.

I do want Dead Rising 3 since I don't own a Xbox One but... I should probably hold off for a better deal.
I remember Cheaplikeafox has something to day about it...

DSOGaming's Top 5 Worst Optimized PC Games Of 2014

Dead Rising 3

When Capcom announced that Dead Rising 3 was coming to the PC, we were screaming like little kids. Dead Rising 3 had major performance issues on Xbox One, therefore – and given the additional development time – we expected the PC version to be a better overall product. Unfortunately, Capcom dropped the ball on this one. Dead Rising 3 did not take advantage of more than three CPU cores, required a high-end GPU for underwhelming visuals, and did not receive any major updates. And given the fact that all previous Capcom games performed amazingly well on the PC, this one really shocked us.

“All in all, Dead Rising 3 is a mess. We kind of hope that Nvidia will offer a performance boost via an official SLI profile, however we do not expect to see a performance patch from Capcom. Dead Rising 3 requires a high-end GPU in order to be played with more than 50fps, despite the fact that its visuals do not justify such requirements. Add to this some instability issues (word has it that previous versions of the Geforce drivers are more stable than the latest one) and you got yourself a product that was released before it was fully ready.”

Ah, I checked isthereanydeal but not my enhanced steam.  I got it for 90% off this time.   Figure when episode 3 comes out I can get episode 2 for 90% off... 

Time for some real game deals:

Amazon has My Little Pony Monopoly Board Game for $45.99 $21.99

61w7B3H1sxL.jpg
61tjsSlQSiL.jpg

Community vote is finally up for me.

Audiosurf 2

Invisible Inc.

Ancient Space.

20% off each but winner will get 40% off.

I care about none of these(especially the price). Anyone want me to vote for something in particular?

If only we could vote for a better percentage-off... ;)
Seems like Valve has intentionally chosen games with same base discount and featured discount, so these wouldn't affect voting. Thought they forgot to choose games with similar price, so there's things like Orion Dino Horde.

Invisible, Inc. looks pretty cool, so I voted for that.

I will say one nice thing about this sale is that in addition to some of the tired sale retreads (GTA IV, Surgeon Sim, Terraria, etc) they have had some surprise games featured (Ghostbusters) and some I've never heard of before (Invisible Inc, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Turbo Dismount). 

So while I haven't bought (relatively) many games during the sale, I have been able to expand my wishlist  :pray:  . So there's that.

Good to know.

I'm missing Deus Ex: The Fall + HR DC on Steam.

Of course, I already own original versions of Deus Ex HR + The Missing Link. If I didn't own Missing Link for HR original-version already, I'd probably be already all over this...especially since I'm missing The Fall.

I already have Deus Ex GOTY + IW from Retail - so I wouldn't mind putting them on Steam since they all look to be all one key here.

Putting those ain't a priority to me, though.

Still hella-tempted, though.
Just wanted to confirm this is a single key. I didn't have any of these except the original HR + Missing link so I picked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back