Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why I check the console threads. Boredom I guess.

How Console People Do Digital Downloads:

[customspoiler=Really?]
jY1bwYf.jpg
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=I mean, Really?]
3XYJxLx.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Groupon really need to stick to half off coupons for getting your crotch waxed.
Hey they have to ship it all the way from their inbox to the customer's. $3.99 for that is a steal!

I don't know why I check the console threads. Boredom I guess.

How Console People Do Digital Downloads:

[customspoiler=Really?]
jY1bwYf.jpg
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=I mean, Really?]
3XYJxLx.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Groupon really need to stick to half off coupons for getting your crotch waxed.
But if you give the manager at best buy the secret handshake, show him a pic from the internet of someone else who payed price x, and threaten calling corprate you can pm it and stack it with gcu and walk out the door with a shiny new console game today! Then you can call corporate and complain about how poorly you were treated during a simple price match and get some phat red zone certs added to your account.

Oh I don't doubt they work some crazy price matched to their mother's sister's grandma's dog's Ebay listing sort of thing like that that they love to do.

Is there any reason to grab 2010 instead of a newer title if one wanted to do some F1 racing?
I don't own the GFWL ones (2010 & 2011)... of which 2010 is the better liked one.c.

2010 doesn't have the complications of DRS and KERS so the racing is a little simpler. The AI really cheats though (but there is a known strategy to beat it, iirc).

The real reasons are:

1. You're a real cheapass who isn't afraid of a little GFWL (even GFWL-done patching).
  2. You're a cheapass completionist.

If I could cover the purchase with blue coins I might bite, but I'm 510 BC short... and well the future of GFWL is a mystery, so I'm hesitant to throw $2.50 of real money at it. I've always steered people to 2012/2013 (steamworks).

first person to respond gets a free copy of South Park Stick of Truth

rules

must have 1 trillion posts on this site

must talk trash daily

must like every post I make

must post burger pics in response to this

must not be reading this in their underwear

must not be aroused by this post

must have 8000 steam games on their account

must not be dumb enough to respond to this

must have been a member for at least 90 days hath past September, April, June, and November

must have a screen name with at least 41 characters

If I could cover the purchase with blue coins I might bite, but I'm 510 BC short... and well the future of GFWL is a mystery, so I'm hesitant to throw $2.50 of real money at it. I've always steered people to 2012/2013 (steamworks).
Yeah. I'll probably go with a Steamworks title if I do grab a F1 game. Not sure I'm that tempted by modern F1 racing, though.

Yeah. I'll probably go with a Steamworks title if I do grab a F1 game. Not sure I'm that tempted by modern F1 racing, though.
I'm more partial to the goofy cutesy F1 Race Stars I think.

Speaking of which, I'll have to remember to grab the DLC on a Steam sale one of these days. It doesn't look like anyone else sells it.

Base was $1.74 on Origin around a month back.

Reportedly it's a poor-man's Sonic All-Stars Transformed.

Quote my post with the game titles if you want any of these games, and I'll PM them to you. All are steam unless noted.

I require that you have at least 400 posts, and you can take up to 2 games max.

Gorky 17

reading the following pages to see if anyone took it but if not id love gorky 17. been eyeballing that one for a bit, looks kinda interesting if not very old school

first person to respond gets a free copy of South Park Stick of Truth

rules

must have 1 trillion posts on this site

must talk trash daily

must like every post I make

must post burger pics in response to this

must not be reading this in their underwear

must not be aroused by this post

must have 8000 steam games on their account

must not be dumb enough to respond to this

must have been a member for at least 90 days hath past September, April, June, and November

must have a screen name with at least 41 characters
fuck you. Gimme.

The Witcher 3 system requirements announced

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB
Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

-----

Sorry for the Off-topic but I wanted to share it.

The Witcher 3 system requirements announced

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB
Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

-----

Sorry for the Off-topic but I wanted to share it.
Games on Steam so it's on-topic ;)

Only my GPU needs upgrade, so I'm all good.

Then maybe you guys shouldn't blind pre-order?

Seriously, I don't get why people think that's a good idea. That sort of blind faith just encourages all sorts of nonsense from shitty or buggy games to way overkill on the requirements front.

Oh yes, I know. CD Projekt walks on water and can do no wrong and all that.

Carry on.

u can try 720P
480 x 600 4 lyfe

Then maybe you guys shouldn't blind pre-order?

Seriously, I don't get why people think that's a good idea. That sort of blind faith just encourages all sorts of nonsense from shitty or buggy games to way overkill on the requirements front.
I pre-ordered because I got it from a Russian for three Snicker bars and an old pair of Levi's before they locked down on the regions. I figured I'd be buying it anyway so why not buy it for ~$15?

I pre-ordered because I got it from a Russian for three Snicker bars and an old pair of Levi's before they locked down on the regions. I figured I'd be buying it anyway so why not buy it for ~$15?
But, but, CD Projekt is against regional pricing! One World, One Price!

Well, I hope this is wrong. Otherwise, I won't be able to play the game I pre-ordered 5 months ago. :headache:
Same here. In addition I bought a 'gaming' laptop 6 months ago to play Witcher 3 on its premiere (among other newer backlogged games) and now it is below those minimums. I hope they are overexaggerating to make that 'next-gen' graphics/gameplay hype.

and that was my main reason to pre-order too.

Should it worry me that both minimum and recommend CPUs are on the top tier of the Tom's Hardware CPU Hierarchy?

I have an older i7-860 overclocked to 3.6 GHz. That's supposedly under spec but we'll be giving it a go anyway.
The top tier of that chart has an awfully broad range of performance. I'd guess the real minimum is going to be a few tiers down. An older-generation i5 or i7 (or equivalent) should be OK.

Interestingly that chart says my latest PC upgrade moved me down one tier and that my HTPC is in a higher tier than my main PC.

I got them in Groupees bundles. Steam keys were added way later. I would check!
Probably from bundles way before my time. I think my first Groupees was Be Mine 11.

Or you can buy codes for both Unity AND Black Flag from me for $25. ;) Or rather you could before I just sold 'em.

RE: Funstock Digital

So I just placed my Ace Combat order this morning, and immediately got my key despite my order status being "On Hold - Internal Processing" They also took the $3.01 from my PayPal already. And the key worked fine when I just added it to my Steam a minute ago.

I have a feeling the order issues are more towards the new games with "insane" discounts which probably got a ton of orders from resellers and the like. So if you want a less popular/cheaper game, you're probably fine.

re: Funstock

My thought was they underestimated demand (though if you look at their reddit history they continually do this), oversold more than they had keys for and were stalling hoping to get at least some people to cancel without having to do it themselves to cover their asses.

But maybe they just really are that slow and inept. They seem to have no concept of an automated store front. I have this image of someone flipping through a paper list of keys and one by one typing them in and email and sending them out to thousands of people.

Anyway, good that you got your key finally. I hope Ashes and Motiv get their Grid ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back