Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition: $48.50
Batman: Arkham Asylum: $24.99
GRID: $7.49
Fallen Earth: $24.99
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Edition: $9.99
Champions Online: $19.99
Osmos: $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well that's underwhelming. I was holding off on the THQ sale in case there was something even better (or newer games on sales). I guess I will happily buy the THQ sale pack today :D.

[quote name='aznguyen316']exactly what I was thinking lol..sigh I want even a tiny deal on this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there haven't been many Torchlight deals. I know D2D had it for $15 for a while and I pre-ordered it for $18 on Steam. Those are the only deals I can think of atm. But the game is awesome and worth the $20 IMO.

I already have CoJ, Mirror's Edge, and Riddick. Might grab Monkey Island.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Underwhelming to say the least[/QUOTE]

Well, I suppose if you were expecting to have Modern Warfare 2 on PC handed to you for $15, then yes, the sale was underwhelming...

I'm not seeing how Evil Genius and Monkey Island for $2.50, Mirror's Edge for $5 and the rest of the week's sales were anything along the lines of "underwhelming". Unless they're "Stuff I'm Personally Not Interested In" or "Stuff I Don't Want To Buy".

This was one of the coolest PC game sales I've ever seen (collectively). I was personally hoping for Assassin's Creed for $10, but hey, I'll take Monkey Island, World of Goo, Left 4 Dead, Knights of the Old Republic, QuantZ, Lucidity and Evil Genius.

booooo!!! mirrors edge is worth it but i already have it. and i think anyone who wanted the riddick game got it a few months ago when D2D had it for 5 bucks.

[quote name='re_donkulus']Well, I suppose if you were expecting to have Modern Warfare 2 on PC handed to you for $15, then yes, the sale was underwhelming...

I'm not seeing how Evil Genius and Monkey Island for $2.50, Mirror's Edge for $5 and the rest of the week's sales were anything along the lines of "underwhelming". Unless they're "Stuff I'm Personally Not Interested In" or "Stuff I Don't Want To Buy".

This was one of the coolest PC game sales I've ever seen (collectively). I was personally hoping for Assassin's Creed for $10, but hey, I'll take Monkey Island and Evil Genius.[/QUOTE]

Wow dude, I didn't say it was underwhelming to the totality of mankind or anything. Of course it's my damn opinion on it, sheesh.

Hmm, may have to jump on Evil Genius for $2.50. It's supposed to be like Dungeon Keeper, right? I played the demo a loooong time ago but it seemed a little lacking (but I was never sure how much the demo actually left out).

I got ME on ps3 and PC(retail at HPB for 6 dollars) Thought about double dipping to tie it to my steam account. Then said fuck it and ordered MGS4 from amazon and called it a day.

[quote name='Warlock82']Hmm, may have to jump on Evil Genius for $2.50. It's supposed to be like Dungeon Keeper, right? I played the demo a loooong time ago but it seemed a little lacking (but I was never sure how much the demo actually left out).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my Dad and I were big Dungeon Keeper fans, and it's very very similar. For $2.50, that's just ridiculous.

[quote name='re_donkulus']Yeah, my Dad and I were big Dungeon Keeper fans, and it's very very similar. For $2.50, that's just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

That's good, I'll have to pick it up tonight.

Considering how disappointing the other sales have been this year, these Steam sales have been amazing. I picked up KOTOR earlier for $2.50 too (though I really wish they would have upscaled the menus with resolution when they designed that game - I can't even run max resolution because the menus become so small they are unreadable!).

Besides Monkey Island and Mirrors Edge today, kind of Disappointing, I was hoping for torchlight, or even Dawn of Discovery to be more then 30% off.

Alright, sad that it is done, gotta wait a month for the other major sale. This one I picked up

Fallen Earth - 25
World of Goo - 5
Mirror's Edge - 5
Monkey Island: SE - 2.50
Kotor -2.50

Not bad, Just so many games to play.

[quote name='sublime90']and i think anyone who wanted the riddick game got it a few months ago when D2D had it for 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I'm taking advantage of it now, as I didn't know how well D2D was at the time.

I'm also picking up Evil Genius and Mirror's Edge, bringing me up to 5 games off this sale (Dragon Age and Lucidity were my other 2). Kinda regret not jumping on Dead Space and Kotor.

[quote name='Shimrra']Do people still play Battlefield 2? I just installed Battlefield 2142 DLX and there is anyone barely on playing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, according to Xfire's front page, BF2 is consistently a top 10 most played games.

Anyone else having trouble checking out? I keep getting this message: "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

[quote name='drock']Anyone else having trouble checking out? I keep getting this message: "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."[/QUOTE]
I had it claim my debit card was on hold by my bank, which isn't true. Just try again and it should work. Steam's getting slammed today.

[quote name='drock']Anyone else having trouble checking out? I keep getting this message: "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."[/QUOTE]

Me, and it appears that the charge may have been debited from my prepaid card as well. I submitted a ticket, as it's still giving me the same line everytime I try to finish checking out.

well from this sale I ended up picking up

The Secret of Monkey Island
Quantz
Grid
Lucidity
Madballs
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

God damn it, Steam. :lol:

Monkey Island is a must. Evil Genius and Quantz are maybes. I'm on the fence about Mirror's Edge.

Is Mirror's Edge worth picking up for $5, or should I just skip it?

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']In for Mirror's Edge, Quantz, and Evil Genius. I already have Monkey Island, or I would have bought that too.[/QUOTE]

Verbatim for me.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Is Mirror's Edge worth picking up for $5, or should I just skip it?[/QUOTE]

Totally worth it. Though if you have any interest in the music the boxed copy comes with a music disc. I think it's "Still Alive" and multiple remixies, but I can't confrim.

Monkey Island for 2.50?!

I bought it for 5 on a weekend deal, and enjoyed every second of it. Excellent, excellent deal.

I'd jump on Mirror's Edge, but my PC can't handle it. Kicking myself for missing the 2.50 KOTOR deal as well..

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']God damn it, Steam. :lol:

Monkey Island is a must. Evil Genius and Quantz are maybes. I'm on the fence about Mirror's Edge.

Is Mirror's Edge worth picking up for $5, or should I just skip it?[/QUOTE]

Yes! Mirrors Edge is an Amazing game. The combat isnt perfect but you can skip the combat, on the 360 you got an achievement if you avoided combat.

I would buy this but I have the 360 version already.

[quote name='re_donkulus']Me, and it appears that the charge may have been debited from my prepaid card as well. I submitted a ticket, as it's still giving me the same line everytime I try to finish checking out.[/QUOTE]

Finally went through for me. I even got an email from Steam saying my credit card was declined, which was incorrect.

[quote name='ZeroFactorial']Be aware if you're looking to get Riddick that there's 3rd party DRM with a 3 machine activation limit.[/QUOTE]

Why do people worry so much about DRM? I never had a problem with any games with DRM. Most people tend to only install it 1 time on a computer

[quote name='maingon']Why do people worry so much about DRM? I never had a problem with any games with DRM. Most people tend to only install it 1 time on a computer[/QUOTE]Really? fuck thats what i was going to get

I used to rebuild my machine enough that the DRM was a concern of mine. After using Vista Ultimate for a while though, I just created a base image after installing all my games and never have to worry about it.

[quote name='maingon']Why do people worry so much about DRM?[/QUOTE]
Uninstalling games to clear up space or moving games to different/upgraded computers and what not are what make DRMs such a pain in the ass.

[quote name='WebScud']Totally worth it. Though if you have any interest in the music the boxed copy comes with a music disc. I think it's "Still Alive" and multiple remixies, but I can't confrim.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is the song "Still Alive" and 5 remixes of said song.

RE5 for $25
L4D for $7.49
Lucidity for $2.49
Mirror's Edge for $5

so I spent about $40 on games this weekend, got some good one would have gotten a few more but already owned them, can't wait for Steams x-mass sell. I was hopping for a deal on Modern Warfare 2 but no joy :whistle2:(

I cant believe people need convincing to buy Mirrors Edge at $5. Makes me a little sad and angry. PC version totally outclasses the console versions in every way.

[quote name='cheaphuck']I cant believe people need convincing to buy Mirrors Edge at $5. Makes me a little sad and angry. PC version totally outclasses the console versions in every way.[/QUOTE]
in what ways tho, im pondering it, but have it on 360 already

[quote name='Xfactor19990']in what ways tho, im pondering it, but have it on 360 already[/QUOTE]
I have only played the demos of the PS3 and 360 versions and from just a core gameplay standpoint everything is the same. Where Mirrors Edge shines over the console versions though is the graphics. Yes that's no different from many other games where there is a PC counterparts but Mirrors Edge looks astonishingly better on the PC maxed out with AA and Physx to the point I think its worth playing again if you have only played in on a console just to see it in all its glory.

In the end, if you never played the game then this should be a no-brainer purchase as its very different from what we normally see. And even if you haveplay it on the consoles I would say its worth checking out on the PC if you have a capable PC as the leap in graphics is truly amazing. The console version look like a jaggy mess in comparison. I also like the keyboard control better.

I just watched some Mirror's Edge videos on YouTube. My first two thoughts:

1.) :drool:
2.) I have the hardware to run this. :shock:

Quantz looks okay, but even for $2 I'm not sure if I need another puzzle game.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I just watched some Mirror's Edge videos on YouTube. My first two thoughts:

1.) :drool:
2.) I have the hardware to run this. :shock:

Quantz looks okay, but even for $2 I'm not sure if I need another puzzle game.[/QUOTE]

dammit I had no desire for Mirror's Edge, even though I enjoyed the demo on 360, but I watched a quick youtube video of gameplay on hardware similar to mine and it looks snappy still.. hmmm guess I'll bite on $5.. that's just a lunch I could eat leftovers this week no problems.. and to add to my steam collection :p

even though I complained at first, I also bit on Monkey Island.. why not I guess =)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaltic']Yes it is the song "Still Alive" and 5 remixes of said song.[/QUOTE]

I love these remixes totally worth the purchase on top of the game.

In for Mirror's Edge, only thing I bought this whole weekend. Kinda regret not getting Left 4 Dead but I dunno... I can always get it during the holiday sale if I still want it.

I'm totally in for $2.50 The Secret of Monkey Island:Special Edition. I downloaded Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! in Steam and in the midst of finishing the former. Gained interest in Point n' click adventure games.

Good thing I held out until $2.50 instead of $5 a while back.

bread's done
Back