Batman: Arkham Asylum: $24.99
GRID: $7.49
Fallen Earth: $24.99
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Edition: $9.99
Champions Online: $19.99
Osmos: $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snap']I hope Torchlight makes an appearance soon.[/QUOTE]

Just what I was thinking. Surely in the next 2 days.

I almost bought it on D2D last week for $15... but I figured Steam would match or beat it soon.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I'd have to give some strong consideration to jumping in on a 4 pack. It'd be 28.13 each going that route.[/QUOTE]
which jumps to $29.28 with paypal fees, assuming that's how you send the money

just think, if steam had made L4D2 $30, then the 4pack would be $90 and $22.50 each person, so they would have to send $23.48 to cover paypal fees
now that, would be a deal

[quote name='eastx']Yes, there's no fees with Paypal gifting. But no protection either, so make sure you gift to people you trust.[/QUOTE]
ok thanks for the details, but we are a big happy family at CAG right? :D

I went for both Madballs and KOTOR. Here's hoping KOTOR and my computer cooperate this time.

Steam is so slammed I can't begin either download, though. :shock:

[quote name='Ryukahn']you can send as a gift and avoid the fees. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think that is true as long as you use checking account for source. I think if you use credit card there is still a fee, even as a gift. I think.

Went through this with L4D gifting last month. I know there were a few specifics. It's all spelled out on paypal though. Just read carefully.

Bought KOTOR and so far everything is working without a problem. Goddamn I'm loving the game now that it doesn't go down to 15 fps every time you fight somebody like it did on the xbox version.

I know that some of the Steam executables can actually be replaced by the no-cd patches and work just fine. Not all, but the elder scroll games were some I know that could. I switched them out for the same reason, but I did have to disable automatically download updates for the game.

[quote name='eastx']But it doesn't support the Steam executable file... :([/QUOTE]
No but there's a "workaround" haha. Ugh, I guess I'll be messing around with it when it finishes.

I'm looking to go in on the Left 4 Dead 2 4-pack. I live in WA, so I'd rather not be the main purchaser (sales tax).

I can pay with Paypal (from checking), but money is short. I have an Amazon.com giftcard balance and free 2-day shipping, so if you want a $30 game or something from them as payment instead of Paypal, please let me know!

[quote name='sotc1988']I'd be afraid that steam might ban someone for using a crack. I don't mind the resolution that much.[/QUOTE]

Steam would never know actually since it replaces the steam executable in the KOTOR folder

and besides they really only care about VAC games, that's where you have to be wary of risk

[quote name='Snap']I'd bite on KOTOR but I doubt it'd work well on Win7 x64. :|[/QUOTE]

I just fired it up and it seems to work fine on win 7 x64 (I have the retail version, not steam). I do remember having to download a certain .dll when I installed it but that was a while ago and I don't remember the specifics.

[quote name='Snap']I'd bite on KOTOR but I doubt it'd work well on Win7 x64. :|[/QUOTE]
I'm playing it just fine through steam on my Win7 64 bit rig.

Those of you with ATI cards and Widescreen monitors. Try using the option in CCC to play the game at the highest 4:3 resolution but have it do 1:1 pixel mapping. You'll have a black border but it should be pretty good yet. Better than a stretched image. Not sure if Nvidia has this.

Hey guys it's under Digital panel, attributes, and then GPU scaling. Someone should report back how it works. I used to use it on my 1680x1050 monitor for TF2 when I had my HD4650 since it didn't have the power to render at that res.

Since the full THQ pack doesn't seem to be listed:

Includes: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Full Spectrum Warrior, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Titan Quest, Titan Quest - Immortal Throne, Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Gold Edition, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War - Soulstorm, Frontlines™: Fuel of War™, Saints Row 2, Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, Red Faction Guerrilla, Red Faction, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Red Faction II

50$.. super sweet.. especially since I almost bought Dawn of War 2 for 40$ yesterday. I picked up two of them.. so I can play with friends :).

I'd jump on the Valve bundle for $99 if I could gift the stuff I already have. The main reason I'd want it is for L4D2, as I have almost everything else.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']I'd jump on the Valve bundle for $99 if I could gift the stuff I already have. The main reason I'd want it is for L4D2, as I have almost everything else.[/QUOTE]

Well if your thinking of gifting some games feel free to gift me a few games thanks.

Steam: boredasfook

[quote name='namster1337']Ah, i'm still undecided on whether to get the THQ complete pack... Such a good deal! But I need to stop spending money =([/QUOTE]

I am the same...but fortunately you can think about it through Monday!

I HAD to buy KOTOR. It's one of my favorite games and I've been wanting it since it was announced at PAX. Hopefully they eventually add KOTOR II even though I enjoyed the first better.

I'm sort of tempted to get Madballs but I doubt I'll play it. Those THQ and LucasArts bundles are soooooooooo tempting though. If I got KOTOR in it I'd gift it to my cousin since he loves that game too.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Those THQ and LucasArts bundles are soooooooooo tempting though. If I got KOTOR in it I'd gift it to my cousin since he loves that game too.[/QUOTE]

If you already bought KOTOR then buy the Lucasarts pack, you'll still just have one copy of KOTOR.

So glad I noticed Star Wars: KotOR before going to sleep, since I think the deal is almost dead. Bought that since it should run well on my crappy laptop. I'll play it after I finish Overlord that was a $1 or $2 on Steam a couple weeks ago. Great deals on old games is what I'm looking for from any PC sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back