Last edited by a moderator:
Eve Online Apocrypha - 4.99
Battlefield 2 Complete - 14.99
Lucidity - 2.49
Trackmania United Forever - 19.99
Prince of Persia - 14.99
World of Goo - 4.99
Guild Wars Trilogy - 14.99

Lucidity for 2.50 might make me bite. I really can't decline on a full game for less than 3 dollars. It makes my small steam list looked stacked.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Their news posts related to the sale have said it will last until Monday.[/QUOTE]
Ok, so it ends tonight then.

Meh, maybe Lucidity. I hear good things about the Trackmania series, but I'm not sure that I want to drop $20 for it.

Weak round of deals today imo.

Yeah, today's bout of deals are strangely unimpressive.
Gonna quote this, for the benefit of any one looking here, since the guy who posted this was at the bottom of the last page.
[quote name='jp0213']Eve Online Apocrypha - 4.99
Battlefield 2 Complete - 14.99
Lucidity - 2.49
Trackmania United Forever - 19.99
Prince of Persia - 14.99
World of Goo - 4.99
Guild Wars Trilogy - 14.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Snuckles']awww, hoping for something more. Well...how is Battlefield 2?[/QUOTE]
BF2 was great back in the day, not sure of how it stacks up today. BFBC2 comes out in Feb/March so I'd just wait for that.

[quote name='Monroeski']Meh, maybe Lucidity. I hear good things about the Trackmania series, but I'm not sure that I want to drop $20 for it.

Weak round of deals today imo.[/QUOTE]

bahhh...agree
hoping that tomorrow will go out with a big bang

Prince of Persia Pack: $22.49

Includes: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within™, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones™, Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia®

That's an awesome deal. It'll be my third copy of the new PoP (PS3, Mac), but I've never played the others.

[quote name='Jodou']Ok, so it ends tonight then.[/QUOTE]

Thursday's sale started early, so it was an extra 24 hours. Thurs-Sunday is 4 days.

They said it would be 5 1-day sales.

There's a countdown clock for another 24 hours, with a promise of more deals.

Cyber Monday is the biggest online shopping day.

For all these reasons, I suspect and expect there will be 1 more set.

Really hoping that tomorrow is the big blowout deals for Cyber Monday. Still holding out for Mass Effect for $5-10 since I missed it the first time around.

[quote name='WebScud']Prince of Persia Pack: $22.49

Includes: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within™, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones™, Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia®

That's an awesome deal. It'll be my third copy of the new PoP (PS3, Mac), but I've never played the others.[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice catch! Beat all of them, but I don't have them, so I'm tempted on this. Only one I didn't like was WW, but the others were nice. Too bad they don't offer the old school PoP games.

That's an awesome deal. It'll be my third copy of the new PoP (PS3, Mac), but I've never played the others.[/QUOTE]

Huh, Prince of Persia pack? It's not showing up for me in the store, although I notice all the PoP games are 50% off.

ive resisted trackmania the past 2 times it was on sale for 50% off hoping it would go cheaper yet it still refuses to be less than $20 :lol:

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Thursday's sale started early, so it was an extra 24 hours. Thurs-Sunday is 4 days.

They said it would be 5 1-day sales.

There's a countdown clock for another 24 hours, with a promise of more deals.

Cyber Monday is the biggest online shopping day.

For all these reasons, I suspect and expect there will be 1 more set.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is one more sale on Monday. The announcement on the front page of Steam says... "Here are Sunday's discounts - you have 24 hours to take advantage of these deals before Monday's games roll in at 8:00 AM PST." I'm hoping for something better Monday, today is very disappointing.

If anyone is looking to get Battlefield 2 don't bother with the Steam deal. It's $8 on Amazon and the latest patch for the game includes the 2 best addons for the game.

lucidity is the only game on there that looks remotely appealing. Not saying the other games are bad, it's just the prices are horrible.

[quote name='TestType']Huh, Prince of Persia pack? It's not showing up for me in the store, although I notice all the PoP games are 50% off.[/QUOTE]

If you go into the PoP '08 game page, the package is listed right under it.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']ive resisted trackmania the past 2 times it was on sale for 50% off hoping it would go cheaper yet it still refuses to be less than $20 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Since Gametap is having issues with Trine and Trackmania... is Steam trying to tempt people away?

[quote name='Teeheehee']If you go into the PoP '08 game page, the package is listed right under it.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess once again Ubisoft does not like Iceland for some reason. The game is not available anywhere for me and is not listed on the page for any of the games. Same thing happened with the last Assassin's Creed sale for the director's cut version, it wasn't available in my region but mysteriously is after the sale.
I hang on here instead of the European deal pages for Steam since for some reason Steam does not consider Iceland to be part of Europe and charges in dollars instead of euros (thankfully!), but still on rare occasions games aren't available for us.

I might have considered the pack since I loved Sands of Time and haven't played the other two or the new one, but as it is I'm probably not getting them individually, especially not the new one.

[quote name='Skoad']http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1184/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for providing the link, sadly it just takes me to the main page.

Another note about the PoP pack. The games are marked down individually as well if you are only interested in one of them. The Sands of Time, The Two Thrones, and The Warrior Within are all $4.99 each.

[quote name='Khamous']Is guild wars any good? haven't heard anyone commenting about it. Seems like a good deal, no subscription fees and all.[/QUOTE]

Guild Wars is...different. It's a more skill based focused game in that you can collect hundred of thousands of skills but can only use 8 at a time. It's a lot like a trading card game in how you can create various "builds" which have a certain synergy among the skills. While I've enjoyed it in short spurts, it's never really interested me because collecting new skills isn't very fun for me, and the PvP has a very high learning curve. It's definitely a game that you need to have friends playing to have a better time, and I don't know anyone who plays the game on a regular basis unfortunately. If you want, give the trial a spin: http://www.guildwars.com/freetrial/

[quote name='Firecrest']I'll admit I wasn't too crazy over the Lucidity demo, but at $2.50 it's pretty much an insta-buy.[/QUOTE]
is there a PC demo? if so where?

[quote name='Muitabui']*crosses fingers* hoping for torchlight also. seems like a long shot but anything can happen :D[/QUOTE]
Same here...torchlight is the one I am holding out on. That and maybe seriuos sam hd.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']ive resisted trackmania the past 2 times it was on sale for 50% off hoping it would go cheaper yet it still refuses to be less than $20 :lol:[/QUOTE]

You can get Trackmania Nations Forever for free on steam

[quote name='TestType']Thanks for providing the link, sadly it just takes me to the main page.[/QUOTE]
Clear your cookies, it should ask for your date of birth.

Oh, I'm reading the Iceland stuff now. First they name your country wrong and now this.

[quote name='Tee_Ken']Same here...torchlight is the one I am holding out on. That and maybe seriuos sam hd.[/QUOTE]

50% or more off torchlight would be hard to resist.

Not bad for wolrd of goo but I can't imagine anyone doesn't have it now after the birthday sale.

I'm sorta tempted on BF2. I used to love BF1942 back when, but Vietnam was so disappointing I kinda swore off the series. Seems like there's some forum posts talking about 15k players or so right now playing and it's ranked #6 on xfire, ahead of a lot of brand new stuff. Makes it sound like there's an active enough community to still get a lot of fun out of it. And of course 91/100 on metacritic, so it doesn't sound like it sucks.

Any other thoughts on BF2? Talk me into or out of it?

[quote name='Drizzt']Guild Wars is...different. It's a more skill based focused game in that you can collect hundred of thousands of skills but can only use 8 at a time. It's a lot like a trading card game in how you can create various "builds" which have a certain synergy among the skills. While I've enjoyed it in short spurts, it's never really interested me because collecting new skills isn't very fun for me, and the PvP has a very high learning curve. It's definitely a game that you need to have friends playing to have a better time, and I don't know anyone who plays the game on a regular basis unfortunately. If you want, give the trial a spin: http://www.guildwars.com/freetrial/[/QUOTE]

It's rather like an MMO version of Titan Quest. $25 for all 3 games is great, but takes too much time.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Not bad for wolrd of goo but I can't imagine anyone doesn't have it now after the birthday sale.

I'm sorta tempted on BF2. I used to love BF1942 back when, but Vietnam was so disappointing I kinda swore off the series. Seems like there's some forum posts talking about 15k players or so right now playing and it's ranked #6 on xfire, ahead of a lot of brand new stuff. Makes it sound like there's an active enough community to still get a lot of fun out of it. And of course 91/100 on metacritic, so it doesn't sound like it sucks.

Any other thoughts on BF2? Talk me into or out of it?[/QUOTE]

idk, it's 8 on amazon, but takes 3 days to process and is sold by jr.com, so you have to add in 3 dollars shipping. If you want it I say try it out. I would've bought it for 10 personally, but for 15 I'll just wait until tomorrow's sales.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']is there a PC demo? if so where?[/QUOTE]

Eh... I was referring to the demo on the 360, lol.

Anyway it seems like the game was designed with the 360 pad in mind, based on how the game controls. Everything else just feels too clunky.

Lucidity, perhaps, but I can't get myself to grab it, not after reading the reviews. I suppose, to determine your compatibility with Lucidity, I should ask you a simple question: Did you like Baby Boomer on the NES?

When I won't touch a game for even $2.50, it must be bad.

I'm tempted to check out Lucidity for its unique art style... but the reviews and tech problems reported on the games forum aren't encouraging. =/

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']idk, it's 8 on amazon, but takes 3 days to process and is sold by jr.com, so you have to add in 3 dollars shipping. If you want it I say try it out. I would've bought it for 10 personally, but for 15 I'll just wait until tomorrow's sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why the jr one comes up as default because its also sold by amazon.com for 1 cent less with free super saver shipping (on orders over $25 of course).

[quote name='Vokhens']hmmm I kind of want to pick up battlefield 2 and guild wars...[/QUOTE]

Probably better off getting Battlefield 2 at amazon. It's also available at newegg for $10 with free shipping.

bread's done
Back