Feedback
180 (100%)
header.jpg

spotlight_NEW_friday.jpg
spotlight_NEW_thursday.jpg
spotlight_NEW_wednesday.jpg
spotlight_home_NEW_tuesday.jpg
spotlight_home_NEW_3.jpg

Through the 14th, Steam & Square-Enix/Eidos will be offering sales on some of their catalog of great games.

Weekend Deals:
Batman:Arkham Asylum $24.99 (50% off)
Just Cause $7.49 (50% off)
Batman/Just Cause Bundle $22.09 (66% off)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Ultimate Collection $7.49 (50% off)

Metacritic:
Batman: Arkham Asylum (91)
Just Cause (75)
Final Fantasy XI Online (85)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Chains of Promathia (77)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess (XX)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Treasures of Art Urhgan (83)
Final Fantasy XI Online: A Crystalline Prophecy (XX)

Demos:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Just Cause

Thursday the 11th:
Mini Ninjas $14.99 (50% off)
Gyromancer $7.99 (50% off)
Bundle Pack $15.29 (66% off)

Metacritic:
Mini Ninjas (74)
Gyromancer (71)

Demos:
Mini Ninjas
Gyromancer

Wednesday the 10th:

Tuesday the 9th:
Monday the 8th -
Hitman/Deus Ex Series 50%, or buy them all for 66% off
Deus Ex $4.99 (50% off)
Deus Ex: Invisible War $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman: Codename 47 $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman: Blood Money $4.99 (50% off)

Hitman/Deus Ex Bundle $16.98 (66% off)
The Hitman Collection $7.99 (60% total savings)
The Deus Ex Collection [currently no savings]

Metacritic:
Deus Ex (90)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (80)
Hitman: Codename 47 (73)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (87)
Hitman: Blood Money (82)

Demos:
Deus Ex & Demo addon mission
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin & Demo 2
Hitman: Blood Money

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spyder187']damn. Steam is gonna be in my wallet this week i can already tell.[/QUOTE]

You said it. And there's still the midweek madness and weekend deal to be revealed yet!

fucking Steam man! They just want me to have over 300 games in my list...going to happen this year at this rate. Owned all of these on disc (can't find my Thief or Deus Ex IW). Buying them for posterity and nostalgia and probably won't play them at all like I've done with Max Payne, X-Com etc... I just loved these things too much and having them at my virtual fingertips at any time is too much of a good deal to pass up for the prices Steam offers them at.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Deus Ex for $5? Has it ever been cheaper?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I still got it for free on a disc that was packaged with a magazine. There were 5 full games, including Deus Ex GOTY edition. :D

And to those wondering, it is well worth it.

[quote name='spdiscus']Deus Ex is definitely worth purchasing and playing. Got my copy on the CGW free Christmas DVD they sent out about 8 years ago. Christ, I'm old.[/QUOTE]

lol, I remember paying $8 to get the magazine and the DVD since it came with Deus Ex and Thief. I never got around to play either.

While these are great prices and I want to pick them up now, I'm going to wait for this years Holiday sale - I'm sure these will be on sale for this price or less then; my decsion is based on the fact that I have a HUGE backlog and a few great games that just came out and are coming out really soon (SupCom 2, BFBC2, Just Cause 2, Stalker: COP, etc).

Wow, nice deal for the Hitman and Deus Ex bundle. I would get it but I already have those from the Eidos pack :p. Can't wait to see what the week brings!

Man... Deus Ex. But paying $5 to replace my disk copy? Man it seems worth it.

I guess I gotta wonder, is $7 worth it for the 3 Hitman games? I don't think I need all of them, I would probably buy Hitman 2 for like $2 or so and could pass on the rest.

Steam seriously kicks ass.

I picked up the 5 game bundle. I was going to grab just the two dues ex games, but decided to grab the hitman games for just an additional $7.

As a plus, it looks like all of the games will run fine on a netbook, which is where I do the majority of my PC gaming now.

Purchased Deus Ex, never played it and even though I have a backlog of games I just need to see what all the fuss is about.

Steam is not making it easy to save for the parts I need, like er a processor. Steam I can't play the games yet, roar.

[quote name='Actionhank']So Deus EX GOTY won't work without this?

I have Vista 64[/QUOTE]

I'm running Vista 64 Home Premium on my laptop and it's runnig perfectly so far. Just be sure to change the color depth to 32 bit; at 16, it looked muddy as hell(just as the article said). I haven't noticed any glitches yet though.

Deus Ex is tied with Ocarina of Time for my favorite game of all-time, $5 is a steal for that game. I don't know how well it holds up but it doesn't matter, just try it out if you haven't played it, you won't be sorry.

I bought Deus Ex the week it came out and never got around to finishing it, so I brought this already outdated game with me to college many, many years ago. In fact, I've kept it (and Black & White) with me through all my moving around, so it's only just in my closet. Still, I bought this bundle.

Those hi-res packs make me excited to try it out again.

Batman is still $12.xx at Target. No reason to hold out for a Steam deal if you have a Target nearby that keeps a decent stock. All the Targets in my area still have a ton of them.

[quote name='Roninalchemist']I hope there's an FFXI deal, and a Batman deal...been waiting for that one to go down on Steam for ages now![/QUOTE]

I hope theres an FFXI deal too, even though I own FFXI on Ps2 already, played it for 4 years (I'd have to start anew!)

[quote name='Springheeled Jack']Batman is still $12.xx at Target. No reason to hold out for a Steam deal if you have a Target nearby that keeps a decent stock. All the Targets in my area still have a ton of them.[/QUOTE]

mine is like 24.XX.....

[quote name='Springheeled Jack']Batman is still $12.xx at Target. No reason to hold out for a Steam deal if you have a Target nearby that keeps a decent stock. All the Targets in my area still have a ton of them.[/QUOTE]

PC or console?

I ended up just getting the deus-ex games. I tried justifying to myself the whole pack got me more games but I never really got into the Hitman series so it would still be a waste of money.

I'm going to turn this one down since I have disc copies of Deus Ex and my backlog is ugly. I will revisit the Deus Ex games with the texture packs though. Now I have to cross my fingers for some other great deals this week and hope i don't regret turning this one away.

Bought the full package even though I am like a bunch of people here whose backlog is horrendous. I have been wanting to try both of these series, so it works out. Also, damn Steam sales! No, not really ... but, yeah, really.

I REALLY hope the rest of the week sucks. Or I already have them.

Yeah I picked up the whole pack this morning before they changed it over to battlestation pacific. I have always wanted to play Deus Ex but never got around to getting a copy.

Wow, kind of lame. Only three games, games I've never heard of in fact (maybe that is just me), and none of which are really that much cheaper than their regular price (~$10-$15 off)

[quote name='Roninalchemist']I might bite on Midway...but my backlog is just awful..so much to play.

Give us BATMAN!!!![/QUOTE]

You know they will save Batman for last.

[quote name='Mike UFC']The Battlestation series is an easy pass for me. Hope the Midweek deal is better.[/QUOTE]

with the publisher deal doing on rite now, is there even gonna be a midweek deal?

[quote name='Muitabui']with the publisher deal doing on rite now, is there even gonna be a midweek deal?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it but I hope Steam proves me wrong.

So I thought it was a week long sale, not realizing that each deal lasts 1 day only. Of course I didn't buy Deus Ex on Monday and now... :bomb:

[quote name='gunstar808']So I thought it was a week long sale, not realizing that each deal lasts 1 day only. Of course I didn't buy Deus Ex on Monday and now... :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Reading comprehension...

Switched to Tomb Raider and Last Remnant now.

The Last Remnant™

Released Apr 9, 2009
$39.99
$19.99

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Released Jun 5, 2007
$19.99
$9.99

Tomb Raider: Legend

Released Mar 29, 2007
$19.99
$9.99