Steam Weekend Deal- Braid $4.99 (PC)

[quote name='kilm']
The real challenge IMO are the stars. I could only find and grab 2 of them without any sort of hint.[/QUOTE]

One of them requires leaving and coming back 90 minutes later. That's pretty ridiculous, but at least it's optional for CRAZY PEOPLE.

[quote name='kilm']Considering the speed run challenge is 45 minutes, beating the game in 3 hours is fair.

The real challenge IMO are the stars. I could only find and grab 2 of them without any sort of hint.[/QUOTE]
Man, Braid handed my ass to me many times getting the puzzle pieces. I'd estimate 8 hours of playtime overall, with a 2 month break on some puzzles I could not figure out. (I came back and was some kinda robot solving those puzzles, every one that bothered me I beat quickly)

Wasn't too hot for me when I played the demo on 360. Hoping the full game gets better. Music's nice though.

I like the game... but I hate the fact that the arrow keys are used for movement and there's no option to change it. I can't remember the last game I played where "WSAD" wasn't used for movement.

[quote name='Vinny']I like the game... but I hate the fact that the arrow keys are used for movement and there's no option to change it. I can't remember the last game I played where "WSAD" wasn't used for movement.[/QUOTE]
Did you try using WASD? It worked fine for me. . .

[quote name='Jodou']Did you try using WASD? It worked fine for me. . .[/QUOTE]

No... I didn't. I didn't think it would work since the game showed the arrow keys for movement during beginning and since I couldn't change them in the menus, I figured it wasn't an option.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try this tonight!:D

Wow, that Penny Arcade comic reinforces their whole sell-out philosophy; I feel like a drone whenever I find myself at their website.

Braid is, unfortunately, a bit overplayed for what it offered. At least it set off a craze for independent developers. (Anyone waiting for Fez? Let's hope for something better than Blueberry Garden.)

Nevertheless, I personally didn't feel like Braid was $15 well spent. Good job to those that made use of the $5 sale.

I turned my laptop on this afternoon and Steam started up still advertising this sale, so I couldn't stop myself from buying it after barely holding out a couple days ago. One of my favorite games, so I definitely think it's worth it just to check out the mods and to have this permanently, even after my 360 is broken and gone. I want to check out the mods, although it sounds like it takes some work to use them. This game controls well using WASD, and although it's not as sharp as it is on my 360 setup, it still looks and especially sounds great.

Sale's over now, but if anybody still wants Braid for $5, check Direct2Drive in a couple weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back