The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition

:ps3: G2 Steelbook
:360: G1 Stickerbook

mgs1i.jpg

mgs2b.jpg

mgs3w.jpg

steel-book-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-photo-02.jpg

[quote name='seether254']printed back on drive= no good. (hope thats just the cardboard)[/QUOTE]

Right, that's cardboard. Here's the steelbook without the cardboard.

243jcli.jpg

I'm a collector of steelbooks but has it ever been found why they never caught on in America like they did Europe, in America, we get an annual one for a classic disney film and maybe a Pixar film which are Best Buy exclusives, and 3-5 other movies get one but thats it. Meanwhile over in Europe, some countries get that amount of steelbooks America gets in a year, in just one month. I've never understood this since America is filled with collectors and hoarders who one would think would love to have a steelbook for every movie they own. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Tomorrow is the last day to order Cars 2 (Limited Edition) Lunch Box for $13.99 + tax. For those who don't have any of the Cars 2 movies, you can use this direct link without the need of DMR code. Limit 1 per account. It works with 2nd account using those link and it went through and got the confirmation for it.

[quote name='brak014']I'm a collector of steelbooks but has it ever been found why they never caught on in America like they did Europe, in America, we get an annual one for a classic disney film and maybe a Pixar film which are Best Buy exclusives, and 3-5 other movies get one but thats it. Meanwhile over in Europe, some countries get that amount of steelbooks America gets in a year, in just one month. I've never understood this since America is filled with collectors and hoarders who one would think would love to have a steelbook for every movie they own. Can anyone shed any light on this?[/QUOTE]

I think the only reason we think it's so big over here is because we can find a handful of people demanding them on the internet, but the sales figures disagree (though I would argue that that's probably because they charge a premium price for them, versus the UK or Canada where there's usually only a $2-3 difference). Best Buy, in fact, started producing G1 (DVD-Sized) steelbooks due to costs, depriving us of Blu sized steelbooks of Fast Five and the Jurassic Park Trilogy.

No big deal though, we can order from HMV for UK steelbooks and Amazon for pretty much all others. The only ones that we'll have trouble getting are Futureshop exclusive ones (like Hangover II). Futureshop has some pretty sweet steelbooks and slipcovers, so this is annoying to collectors.

Just my thoughts on it.

I'm sorry to vent, but seeing all these awesome steelbooks available across the Atlantic and then I see in my email that Best Buy is selling a Steelbook for Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1, makes me a little sad at the US DVD market

[quote name='brak014']I'm sorry to vent, but seeing all these awesome steelbooks available across the Atlantic and then I see in my email that Best Buy is selling a Steelbook for Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1, makes me a little sad at the US DVD market[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

M

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (GameStop, Italy) PS3 G2 Steelbook

358ndqe.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn you iNCREDiPiNOY!!! I love this so much more than the one that came with my US collectors edition.

[quote name='brak014']I'm sorry to vent, but seeing all these awesome steelbooks available across the Atlantic and then I see in my email that Best Buy is selling a Steelbook for Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1, makes me a little sad at the US DVD market[/QUOTE]

Same. I'd rather have a steelbook then the shitty plastic casing.

I love the look of them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']p0rn...what else?[/QUOTE]

You like huh? I like to do self photography with lost of different fruit!!! :joystick:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']HOP (Future Shop Exclusive) Steelbook

original
[/QUOTE]

I actually kinda like that. Guess I need to see what the group buy guys have going on for price gouging with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's that sweet looking steelbook. That one is going to be sold at Futureshop in Canada so it does seem like there's a good chance it could be sold here by BB. Hopefully it comes down in price though.

Here's what it looks like for those that missed it:

original

[quote name='ssjmichael']If it's that sweet looking steelbook. That one is going to be sold at Futureshop in Canada so it does seem like there's a good chance it could be sold here by BB. Hopefully it comes down in price though.

Here's what it looks like for those that missed it:

original
[/QUOTE]

This actually isn't going to be a steelbook for Futureshop, its going to be a Viva metal box, this has been confirmed. For those that don't know other viva metal box's that have been released are the US lion king, and basically anything that Disney has had a hand in recently, seems they have gotten away from steelbooks for good.

[quote name='seether254']This actually isn't going to be a steelbook for Futureshop, its going to be a Viva metal box, this has been confirmed. For those that don't know other viva metal box's that have been released are the US lion king, and basically anything that Disney has had a hand in recently, seems they have gotten away from steelbooks for good.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make a difference to me, I really liked the Lion King's casing.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Doesn't make a difference to me, I really liked the Lion King's casing.[/QUOTE]

I cant tell if i like it or not since mine is still wrapped :rofl:

[quote name='brak014']I'm a collector of steelbooks but has it ever been found why they never caught on in America like they did Europe, in America, we get an annual one for a classic disney film and maybe a Pixar film which are Best Buy exclusives, and 3-5 other movies get one but thats it. Meanwhile over in Europe, some countries get that amount of steelbooks America gets in a year, in just one month. I've never understood this since America is filled with collectors and hoarders who one would think would love to have a steelbook for every movie they own. Can anyone shed any light on this?[/QUOTE]
This is probably due to steelbooks being more expensive for, what it comes down to, is a case.

I have ONE steelbook movie and that's for Spawn (animated) which I got $7. The other is for Soul Calibur IV Premium which I got at launch for $40. Those are deals tho'.

After buying an absolute ton of DVDs previously and looking at how many, barely having room for them, and not watching many of them anymore, then now buying Blu-Rays (got a ton of those), I and many others would ask themselves whether those disc being in steel with better art really matters a ton.

I'd be spending EXTRA for notthemovie.

Mind you, I don't waste money on collector's editions of games either. I buy too many games and have game systems since Odyssey2 (even have Vectrex).

Not a lotta room for fluff. I TOTALLY understand folks in America not buying steelbooks like that for all but the rich and the careless.

IF I had money to burn like that, sure I'd go for steelbooks....then again...maybe not. It's still JUST a movie and if you buy lots of movies, that already adds up.

I don't wanna add up the cost of....cases.

If anything, I'd want a steelbook for the cream of the crop, very rare beastly show or movie.

Like....give me a steelbook of The Wire or Babylon 5 preferably on Blu-Ray but then, how much more is it for the steel cases?

[quote name='Busyman']This is probably due to steelbooks being more expensive for, what it comes down to, is a case.

I have ONE steelbook movie and that's for Spawn (animated) which I got $7. The other is for Soul Calibur IV Premium which I got at launch for $40. Those are deals tho'.

After buying an absolute ton of DVDs previously and looking at how many, barely having room for them, and not watching many of them anymore, then now buying Blu-Rays (got a ton of those), I and many others would ask themselves whether those disc being in steel with better art really matters a ton.

I'd be spending EXTRA for notthemovie.

Mind you, I don't waste money on collector's editions of games either. I buy too many games and have game systems since Odyssey2 (even have Vectrex).

Not a lotta room for fluff. I TOTALLY understand folks in America not buying steelbooks like that for all but the rich and the careless.

IF I had money to burn like that, sure I'd go for steelbooks....then again...maybe not. It's still JUST a movie and if you buy lots of movies, that already adds up.

I don't wanna add up the cost of....cases.

If anything, I'd want a steelbook for the cream of the crop, very rare beastly show or movie.

Like....give me a steelbook of The Wire or Babylon 5 preferably on Blu-Ray but then, how much more is it for the steel cases?[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying. Although I do appreciate the looks of these other regioned movies I personally won't purchase them unless they play on my player. I also try to only get them when they are on sale or if they are limited numbers I purchase two one to resell and the other to keep at lowered price due to the resell.

Still I enjoy viewing these thread just to see the purty artwork.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I get what you're saying. Although I do appreciate the looks of these other regioned movies I personally won't purchase them unless they play on my player. I also try to only get them when they are on sale or if they are limited numbers I purchase two one to resell and the other to keep at lowered price due to the resell.

Still I enjoy viewing these thread just to see the purty artwork.

M[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, flipping to another person that's wants to waste is on point.

Hell I flipped Blackberry Playbooks.

Steelbook artwork is rather pretty, I agree. Reminds me of comics sometimes-another thing I USED to collect but found myself spending way too much money on.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']With all that being said. Here is a sale.

Link.

M[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, grabbed a few I didn't have. Not to flip, I don't flip I buy for me. Nothing like seeing someone hoard items at a store that they don't even want when someone (me) does and doesn't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back