The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mikerocosms']With all that being said. Here is a sale.

Link.

M[/QUOTE]
Thanks but the steelbooks for both Kill Bills are double the cost of the regular Blu-Rays (including shipping).

Thanks but the 2 cases are not worth $20. Shipping really kills it.

I wish other areas gave shipping discounts for Prime members.

Definitely buy more than one disc since it's looks like it's a whopping $10 for 1 but only $2 more for the second (or more it looks like).

[quote name='Finch106']Thanks for that, grabbed a few I didn't have. Not to flip, I don't flip I buy for me. Nothing like seeing someone hoard items at a store that they don't even want when someone (me) does and doesn't get it.[/QUOTE]

It makes perfect sense though. They are making money. You are spending it.

Plus, things like this prove that people like you are willing to spend extra money for something that, at it's heart, is cheaper.

[quote name='Busyman']Thanks but the steelbooks for both Kill Bills are double the cost of the regular Blu-Rays (including shipping).

Thanks but the 2 cases are not worth $20. Shipping really kills it.

I wish other areas gave shipping discounts for Prime members.

Definitely buy more than one disc since it's looks like it's a whopping $10 for 1 but only $2 more for the second (or more it looks like).[/QUOTE]

Definitely tempted. The cover arts are awesome. I probably would have jumped if I didn't take advantage of the BB buyback program to get both for $10 total.

[quote name='bob330i']Definitely tempted. The cover arts are awesome. I probably would have jumped if I didn't take advantage of the BB buyback program to get both for $10 total.[/QUOTE]
Damn good deal, dude!

I still need both Kill Bills.

there's about 5 movies there i already own that i would love to have the steels of, but spending like $70 on cases? not wise.

[quote name='Busyman']Damn good deal, dude!

I still need both Kill Bills.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't wait for the TWBA so these will keep me occupied until then...if ever.

Pictures are not mine they are from Steelbook PimpSlap over at hidefninja.

Mupptets1.jpg

Muppets6.jpg

muppets5.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']Pic of Lifeboat SB from Eureka/Masters of Cinema collection. Looks great

423330_378768655467170_1790986452_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where is that going to be released. It looks amazing

Also the metal pak available wide no or is it still just in a few places

Edit: I read 4 posts up..sorry

[quote name='joshnorm']Where is that going to be released. It looks amazing

Also the metal pak available wide no or is it still just in a few places

Edit: I read 4 posts up..sorry[/QUOTE]

You can get it at Amazon UK

There's a few others coming out too from Masters of Cinema/Eureka, check the first post wiki. Just know that these are Region B locked so you will need a player that can play those.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']III or the trilogy pack? Wasn't III barely announced? I don't think there's any official artwork for it yet.[/QUOTE]It comes out in October, so I don't think there's a steelbook for it in March.

[quote name='shrike4242']It comes out in October, so I don't think there's a steelbook for it in March.[/QUOTE]

If it does end up coming out in march what they'll do is give out the steel as a pre-order bonus like Disney does with the Vita cases, then come Oct. or whenever its released you can go pick up your game.

New pictures for upcoming Masters of Cinema UK/Eureka releases. Again Region B locked. Check Amazon UK for these.

Island of Lost Souls - Looks amazing
402994_380133961997306_346748548669181_1640795_782699376_n.jpg

Double Indemnity
431362_380130791997623_346748548669181_1640777_1928516098_n.jpg

The Lost Weekend
403197_380132415330794_346748548669181_1640786_967556742_n.jpg

[quote name='erehwon']Do any of you know how to get around the region lock on a blu-ray? Akira has gone out of print in the US and I found a nice steelbook collector's edtion from zavvi.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there's no easy way to get them to work. You'll have to get some sort of Region free (or Region B) player. The cheapest solution is to buy select Insignia Blu-ray players from Best Buy which has the ability to be switched to any region (Read more about that HERE). The only downside is Insignia players are crap and they won't last. They're cheap however and if you get a warranty from squaretrade (w/ a coupon code floating around) then you can get most of your money back.

If you have a computer capable of handling a Blu-ray drive that would be another option. It's the software that handles the region coding not the drive so there are workarounds to making the software be able to switch regions an unlimited amount of times. This isn't as cheap as you have to buy the drive and software for it. I'd say that'd cost around $100-$150.

[quote name='Busyman']It makes perfect sense though. They are making money. You are spending it.

Plus, things like this prove that people like you are willing to spend extra money for something that, at it's heart, is cheaper.[/QUOTE]
I never said I buy items if the price is sky high. If I don't get it, I either wait until the price gets back to normal or I do without. Which is why it upsets me. Greed is a plague. I missed the Drive steelbook when it was priced normal. I'm not spending $60+ for it just because it's available.

[quote name='Finch106']I never said I buy items if the price is sky high. If I don't get it, I either wait until the price gets back to normal or I do without. Which is why it upsets me. Greed is a plague. I missed the Drive steelbook when it was priced normal. I'm not spending $60+ for it just because it's available.[/QUOTE]
Not you personally but people like you.

Steelbooks, by their very nature, are charged more for a case and the market shows that people like yourself are willing to spend for it.

It's the same with Day 1 DLC in games. If there was no market, it would die.

[quote name='Busyman']Not you personally but people like you.

Steelbooks, by their very nature, are charged more for a case and the market shows that people like yourself are willing to spend for it.

It's the same with Day 1 DLC in games. If there was no market, it would die.[/QUOTE]

So may I ask what is your problem with what other people are spending? I just don't see why people like you get all huffy and puffy when someone else is buying something for themselves.

M

[quote name='brak014']Seems now you can preorder The Muppets steelbook on best buy's website now and you are allowed to order more than one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Muppets+(Metal+Case+For+Dvd)+(Best+Buy+Exclusive)+-+DVD/4602982.p?skuId=4602982&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2399450[/QUOTE]If you do it in-store, don't pick up your pre-order and wait two weeks after release date, you can get your pre-order money back and keep the steelbook. At least, that's how it's worked in the past with pre-orders in-store. It's detailed out on the back of the steeelbook.

Doing it via BB.com will force you to return the item if you want your money back.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you do it in-store, don't pick up your pre-order and wait two weeks after release date, you can get your pre-order money back and keep the steelbook. At least, that's how it's worked in the past with pre-orders in-store. It's detailed out on the back of the steeelbook. [/QUOTE]

I would feel wrong doing that.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you do it in-store, don't pick up your pre-order and wait two weeks after release date, you can get your pre-order money back and keep the steelbook. At least, that's how it's worked in the past with pre-orders in-store. It's detailed out on the back of the steeelbook.

Doing it via BB.com will force you to return the item if you want your money back.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a lot of work, and I don't mind paying $7.50 each.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Seems like a lot of work, and I don't mind paying $7.50 each.[/QUOTE]

It's not really any work at all. Just buy it in-stores for $7.50, wait 2 weeks after the movie is released and go to customer service and ask for a refund. I've done it before (got the movie cheaper at overstock) and only brought my receipt and didn't have any problems.

I did order one online however in case I can't make it to the store when these come out and/or they're gone already. I agree that $7.50 isn't bad at all for such a nice case.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you do it in-store, don't pick up your pre-order and wait two weeks after release date, you can get your pre-order money back and keep the steelbook. At least, that's how it's worked in the past with pre-orders in-store. It's detailed out on the back of the steeelbook.

Doing it via BB.com will force you to return the item if you want your money back.[/QUOTE]

Does one have to go back to the store with receipt to get money back or would it be done automaticly? I just remembered that I preordered Cars 2 and don't think I got my refund back.

[quote name='ryosnk']Does one have to go back to the store with receipt to get money back or would it be done automaticly? I just remembered that I preordered Cars 2 and don't think I got my refund back.[/QUOTE]

No, i've never got my money back automatically, Best Buy is way too stingy to do that. They wont even recognize that they owe you unless you tell them otherwise.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Seems like a lot of work, and I don't mind paying $7.50 each.[/QUOTE]Free is better than $7.50, for a small amount of work.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's not really any work at all. Just buy it in-stores for $7.50, wait 2 weeks after the movie is released and go to customer service and ask for a refund. I've done it before (got the movie cheaper at overstock) and only brought my receipt and didn't have any problems.

I did order one online however in case I can't make it to the store when these come out and/or they're gone already. I agree that $7.50 isn't bad at all for such a nice case.[/QUOTE]It's also spelled out on the back of the cardboard insert, which I'm sure you're aware of having done it before.

[quote name='Mako1215']I don't even wait 2 weeks to return it.[/QUOTE]They could ask for the steelbook back if you don't wait out the release period period, which I've seen them do.

[quote name='ryosnk']Does one have to go back to the store with receipt to get money back or would it be done automaticly? I just remembered that I preordered Cars 2 and don't think I got my refund back.[/QUOTE]You have to go back with your receipt and tell them you decided on picking up the pre-order. They return the pre-order, credit it back to your credit card and it's a done deal.

Another cool steel coming out of the UK:

192_b.jpg

‘One of the best horror films of the 80’s’
Dread Central
The dead have risen and they need ‘BRAINS!’ Dan O’Bannon’s cult splatterfest is one of the definitive zombie movies.
At a medical supplies warehouse Frank and his new trainee Freddy have unwittingly unleashed a mysterious military chemical that’s bringing the dead back to life with a real hunger for human brains. But how do they get them back in the ground?
How do you kill something
that’s already dead?’
‘It’s not a bad question Burt.’
NEARLY 5 HOURS OF KILLER
BONUS FEATURES!!!

MORE BRAINS! A RETURN TO THE
LIVING DEAD the definitive 2 hour documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew as well as previously unseen behind-the-scenes footage, storyboards, conceptual art, publicity materials and archival documents
MORE BRAINS! 2 HOURS OF
BONUS FEATURES a conversation with Dan O’Bannon:The Final Interview · They Won’t Stay Dead: A Look at Return of The Living Dead Part II · Love Beyond The Grave: A Look at Return of The Living Dead 3 · Stacey Q Live: Exclusive ‘Tonight’ Music Video · Even More Brains: Deleted Documentary Interviews · Return of The Living Dead in 3 minutes · Resurrected Settings: The Filming Locations Today
THE ORIGINS OF RETURN OF THE
LIVING DEAD with John A. Russo
THE FX OF THE LIVING DEAD with Production Designer William Stout, FX Makeup Artists William Munns and Tony Gardner
PARTY TIME with Music Consultant Steve Pross and 45 Grave Singer Dinah Cancer
EXCLUSIVE ERNIE’S NOTEPAD a 20 page replica notebook by embalmer Ernie Kaltenbrunner, featuring production notes, casting information and exclusive artwork.

It's only $20US shipped at Amazon UK right now which is a bargain for all you get. Unfortunately it's probably Region B only. I ordered anyway.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Another cool steel coming out of the UK:

192_b.jpg

It's only $20US shipped at Amazon UK right now which is a bargain for all you get. Unfortunately it's probably Region B only. I ordered anyway.[/QUOTE]

Mine came out to about £13.07 which comes out to $17.60 shipped. For some odd reason currency converter didn't show up for me. I had to convert manually via google.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Mine came out to about £13.07 which comes out to $17.60 shipped. For some odd reason currency converter didn't show up for me. I had to convert manually via google.

M[/QUOTE]
Sometimes (most of the times?) the Amazon currency converter does not work on preorders. (I think it only worked once for me on a preorder.)
And £13 are more like $20 (you may want to use this currency converter: http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ ).

Thanks bud, yeah that converter seems to work better.

I never order region locked steels, but this is one of my all time fav 80's horror movies. I watched it at the theater as a kid and loved it since then.

M

[quote name='ssjmichael']Another cool steel coming out of the UK:

192_b.jpg

It's only $20US shipped at Amazon UK right now which is a bargain for all you get. Unfortunately it's probably Region B only. I ordered anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that cover looks sick, had to order. :D

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Mine came out to about £13.07 which comes out to $17.60 shipped. For some odd reason currency converter didn't show up for me. I had to convert manually via google.

M[/QUOTE]
I converted it in google too and it's $20.66US:

13 British pounds sterling = 20.6570 US dollars

Think you might have confused GBP with Euros

[quote name='ssjmichael']I converted it in google too and it's $20.66US:

Think you might have confused GBP with Euros[/QUOTE]

I also find that for some reason the same item costs different for shipping to some people in different places in the US from Amazon UK, dont know why though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back