The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! No Facebook required!

Do they mean how many discs a Steelbook Blu-ray can hold or in general? Because I don't think they make steels in the big thick cases.

Picked up Bourne Legacy SB, and found Supremacy and Ultimatum there as well. No sign of Identity and according to the Target rep who worked in electronics, they were "first run only" and they "only got what they got on the first run". :whistle2:s

Target.com says that the first three movie steels were releasing on 12/20/12, which seems odd. They also share SKU # in-store with the non-SB releases. Target.com does have a separate entry for them online, though they'll probably destroy them in shipment if I try to order it from Target.com.

I tried calling another Target and they were useless. Might try one or two more tomorrow and see if I can find Identity there. Otherwise, might have to see if a CAG had a copy locally they could pick up for me.

The official release date is the 20th, same day Futureshop releases them. They released them in stores early for whatever reason, but it's possible they might restock on the 20th.

If I see any when I stop by my local Target, I'll let you know.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The official release date is the 20th, same day Futureshop releases them. They released them in stores early for whatever reason, but it's possible they might restock on the 20th.

If I see any when I stop by my local Target, I'll let you know.[/QUOTE]If the official date is the 20th, then I won't worry about it and will check with Target on the 20th.

If I strike out, I may take you up on your offer.

I stopped at my local BB today and they had both Dark Knight steels in. I honestly don't see why they are worth $10 each. Maybe $10 for the 2, but definitely not for each. BB is just whoring on the poor collector.

[quote name='strizay']I stopped at my local BB today and they had both Dark Knight steels in. I honestly don't see why they are worth $10 each. Maybe $10 for the 2, but definitely not for each. BB is just whoring on the poor collector.[/QUOTE]

That's an extremely illogical statement, and that's me trying to be nice. Besides the fact that $10 for 2 Steelbooks is pretty much unheard of, you do realize that the actual Blu-rays in regular cases don't even sell for $5 new from major retailers right? I mean, I really shouldn't even reply to something so....extremely illogical....but yeah.....

I'm so proud of myself.

the only thing illogical is you trying to explain it. I got DI Riptide for $5. I got Brave and Finding Nemo for $7.50 each. So what are you trying to say?

[quote name='strizay']the only thing illogical is you trying to explain it. I got DI Riptide for $5. I got Brave and Finding Nemo for $7.50 each. So what are you trying to say?[/QUOTE]He's trying to say that you're getting the steelbook and the movie for $10, where your examples above are just for the case without the game / movie item.

$10 for a steelbook and the associated movie is a good deal any time. $7.50 for the steelbook by itself is OK, though unless you get the item at Best Buy, you're throwing that $7.50 away on initial release. Assuming you save more than $7.50 at some point in the future for a price drop, then you're making money on the deal.

There's a movie in the steelbook? I did not know that. I'm gonna have to go back and check it out again. I thought it was just the steel alone.

[quote name='strizay']the only thing illogical is you trying to explain it. I got DI Riptide for $5. I got Brave and Finding Nemo for $7.50 each. So what are you trying to say?[/QUOTE] If you don't get your game or movie from Best Buy, you're paying $5-$7.50 on an empty box.

that's exactly true. I know people that have paid $40 and more for an empty box like that. the Wii-U Batman steel is going for that much. I actually feel lucky that I only had to pay the price of the Brave and Nemo steels plus shipping to the UK for it.

[quote name='strizay']the only thing illogical is you trying to explain it. I got DI Riptide for $5. I got Brave and Finding Nemo for $7.50 each. So what are you trying to say?[/QUOTE]

You do realize the batman Steelbooks actually come with the Blu-ray movies and isn't just an empty case right? Surely if you did, you'd realize how absolutely....illogical....your follow-up post makes in comparison to your original...extremely illogical...post.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You do realize the batman Steelbooks actually come with the Blu-ray movies and isn't just an empty case right? Surely if you did, you'd realize how absolutely....illogical....your follow-up post makes in comparison to your original...extremely illogical...post.[/QUOTE]

Clearly he didn't...

[quote name='strizay']There's a movie in the steelbook? I did not know that. I'm gonna have to go back and check it out again. I thought it was just the steel alone.[/QUOTE]

And he fessed up to it...but you just had to keep going, eh?

[quote name='Ed_']Clearly he didn't...

And he fessed up to it...but you just had to keep going, eh?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I merely missed that post where he "fessed up". But I would have said something along the following if I did see it:

My first post actually alluded to the fact that he couldn't even get the movies for $5 each in a standard case, so he should have realized then that the movies came with it, but whatever. He should probably do a little research before bitching about how best buy is "whoring" the poor collector

Glad we cleared this up, moving along...

[quote name='elessar123']My Ninja Scroll steelbook from Amazon.co.uk still hasn't gotten here, after about 2 weeks. I'm assuming it's lost =([/QUOTE]

I've had orders take about 3 weeks from the UK. Around this time of the year I do imagine it may take longer to go through customs and such too. Amazon willl no doubt send another, but I'd probably wait up to a week more just to see if it arrives.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've had orders take about 3 weeks from the UK. Around this time of the year I do imagine it may take longer to go through customs and such too. Amazon willl no doubt send another, but I'd probably wait up to a week more just to see if it arrives.[/QUOTE]

Oh, then I guess I'll wait. It's cause I had a package slip from the USPS that the office couldn't find, and all other packages that I can remember are accounted for.

[quote name='shrike4242']Picked up Bourne Legacy SB, and found Supremacy and Ultimatum there as well. No sign of Identity and according to the Target rep who worked in electronics, they were "first run only" and they "only got what they got on the first run". :whistle2:s

Target.com says that the first three movie steels were releasing on 12/20/12, which seems odd. They also share SKU # in-store with the non-SB releases. Target.com does have a separate entry for them online, though they'll probably destroy them in shipment if I try to order it from Target.com.

I tried calling another Target and they were useless. Might try one or two more tomorrow and see if I can find Identity there. Otherwise, might have to see if a CAG had a copy locally they could pick up for me.[/QUOTE]

Have you opened up Supremacy or Ultimatum? Do they have UV and/or Digital Copy codes in them or just the movies?

[quote name='xbox_mole']Have you opened up Supremacy or Ultimatum? Do they have UV and/or Digital Copy codes in them or just the movies?[/QUOTE]

They do have iTunes Digital Copy codes in them.

[quote name='shrike4242']Picked up Bourne Legacy SB, and found Supremacy and Ultimatum there as well. No sign of Identity and according to the Target rep who worked in electronics, they were "first run only" and they "only got what they got on the first run". :whistle2:s

I tried calling another Target and they were useless. Might try one or two more tomorrow and see if I can find Identity there. Otherwise, might have to see if a CAG had a copy locally they could pick up for me.[/QUOTE]

My Target has restocked Bourne 1-3 since last week. I had bought the only sealed copy of Identity last Tuesday (the other was torn halfway open), but this week there was another 6 copies on the shelf (hidden behind 100th Anniversary editions).

[quote name='WingsDJY']My Target has restocked Bourne 1-3 since last week. I had bought the only sealed copy of Identity last Tuesday (the other was torn halfway open), but this week there was another 6 copies on the shelf (hidden behind 100th Anniversary editions).[/QUOTE]

Surprised how a series so old can be so popular still.

Dumb question, but I was planning on keeping my Bourne 1-3 SB's sealed, I know there is no UltraViolet sticker on them, but noticed Legacy has one...any chance there are UV codes in parts 1-3??

Also, did anyone else have the URL crap out list night when trying to redeem the UV code in Legacy? Tried like 3 different times and the page just wouldn't load..

I think they only mention iTunes on them, but they may work with UV too, as some other Universal releases work like that.

Not sure what to tell you about Legacy. You can try redeeming it at Vudu.com, or flixster.com if you haven't tried those yet

Dunno if it was mentioned yet as I didn't see it but my bourne legacy iTunes code was for the HD version weighing in at 5.17 gb. Thanks for the HD version Universal.

[quote name='token2k6']Dumb question, but I was planning on keeping my Bourne 1-3 SB's sealed, I know there is no UltraViolet sticker on them, but noticed Legacy has one...any chance there are UV codes in parts 1-3??

Also, did anyone else have the URL crap out list night when trying to redeem the UV code in Legacy? Tried like 3 different times and the page just wouldn't load..[/QUOTE]

There is no UV codes in 1-3.

My local Target didn't have Bourne Identity anywhere and it said it was in stock online. I'm going to try another Target tomorrow or Saturday and hopefully I do come across it. If I can't get it, can anyone pick up one locally for me?

[quote name='WingsDJY']My Target has restocked Bourne 1-3 since last week. I had bought the only sealed copy of Identity last Tuesday (the other was torn halfway open), but this week there was another 6 copies on the shelf (hidden behind 100th Anniversary editions).[/QUOTE]I managed to find Bourne Identity at a Target I don't frequent much, though it was the only copy in the store.

Hopefully they will re-stock next week for the "release date".

Resident Evil: Retribution 2D SteelBook (Best Buy Exclusive)
Price: $19.99 sale
SKU #: 7025125
Release Date: Friday, December 21, 2012

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Resident Evil: Retribution 2D SteelBook (Best Buy Exclusive)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure whether to be happy because it's not wal-mart or disappointed that they didn't stay consistent.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']I'm not sure whether to be happy because it's not wal-mart or disappointed that they didn't stay consistent.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure once best buy saw that people flocked out for it they scooped it up.

[quote name='shrike4242']Question is, there were two RE animated movies. The first one, Degeneration, had a WM steelbook. Did the second one also get a steelbook?[/QUOTE]

Sadly no...really bums one out that has all steelbooks....

[quote name='killa5k7']Sadly no...really bums one out that has all steelbooks....[/QUOTE]

Disappointed or not, you could just not count the animated versions as part of the collection. I'd seperate animated vs. live action.

[quote name='killa5k7']Sadly no...really bums one out that has all steelbooks....[/QUOTE]That's what I thought, as I know it would have been a big thing around here and I don't remember anything about it.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I've yet to even see any of the Bourne steels in Target...[/QUOTE]

look behind the 100th anniversary ones thats where mine were hiding.

[quote name='DNukem170']Yea, at my Target they were mixed in with the regular Bourne discs.[/QUOTE]for me.

They also share a SKU # with the non-steelbook versions, so it's near impossible to have a rep find them in-store unless they physically go to the shelf to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back