The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Evil: Retribution Steelbook at BBY is finally up for pre-order on their website. It is only for shipping, no in-store pickup..but it says "Coming Soon."

Here's a link to the new RE Steelbook:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7025125&type=product&id=2640916

It's showing $24.99 right now, though I think that may change tomorrow when it's released. Store pickup should also work OK tomorrow morning when it goes live, so if you order early morning on BB.com, you should be OK with getting it picked before the store opens.

You could also call BB.com support and have them refund the $5 + tax if it's not $19.99 tomorrow.

[quote name='SMBScooby']I feel like they are going not send it in a box and most likely get damaged during shipping[/QUOTE]Oh, they'll pretty much ship it in a plastic bag and you'll have to be extremely lucky to have it not get damaged in shipment.

I'd do in-store pickup if you can.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh, they'll pretty much ship it in a plastic bag and you'll have to be extremely lucky to have it not get damaged in shipment.

I'd do in-store pickup if you can.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who had never had anything from BB damaged during shipping?

[quote name='DNukem170']Am I the only one who had never had anything from BB damaged during shipping?[/QUOTE]

I haven't either (including several Steelbooks), but I attribute that to just luck.

[quote name='DNukem170']Am I the only one who had never had anything from BB damaged during shipping?[/QUOTE]I've had plenty of items shipped from BB without issue.

When it comes to steelbooks, my track record isn't great as I had 3 out of 4 Snow White & The Huntsman steelbooks all damaged the same way, packed in a plastic bag.

Target did it to me with the ET Steelbook, though it was a single item shipment, just like the Snow White ones from BB.

If I had to order a steelbook from BB and had to have to ship it, I'd order it with something else that forced the to put it in a box to make sure they couldn't destroy it by shipping it in the aforementioned plastic bag.

I know using Standard or Expedited shipping, a single item doesn't get placed in a box. Rumor is if you have three plus items they use a box. Idr if it was here or BRF where I saw that.

[quote name='Zaku77']Why is this a thing?[/QUOTE]

Because I don't have a steelbook of his movies yet, and I thought it'd be nice to add one to my collection?

On the topic of BB shipping, I don't think I've had anything shipped to me damaged but my friend has. And I've definitely gotten stuff poorly packaged in just a bag with no bubble padding or anything. I try to refrain from having them ship to my house if I can help it.

Although BBY website still has the RE:R Steelbook as a pre-order for Dec. 24 release. The stores have them out. There was only three at my store. It is also confirmed by multiple people at bluray.com

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No store pick up available for it either. Damn![/QUOTE]

Can't make it out to the store? They are opening early right now in the holidays, I'm about to go.

[quote name='skiizim']Can't make it out to the store? They are opening early right now in the holidays, I'm about to go.[/QUOTE]

Not till about 930....

so in the pic someone posted here, it looked bigger than bluray size...but pictures can be deceiving.

And can anyone compare with the walmart steels and see if it looks decent in the set?

[quote name='merchie89']so in the pic someone posted here, it looked bigger than bluray size...but pictures can be deceiving.

And can anyone compare with the walmart steels and see if it looks decent in the set?[/QUOTE]

The steelbook is G2, and it matches fine with the other steelbooks from Walmart. Even the binding is consistent with them. Hope this helps! Sorry no time to take a side by side picture.

thats cool. I want the movie to complete the set, but it was BY FAR the worst of the series and I might not even want to watch it a second time.

[quote name='TheRock88']BB's website finally showing RE for instore pickup. Just submitted my order.[/QUOTE]They must have fixed the release date, as it was showing Monday as the release date. That's why in-store pickup didn't work because it's not live until release date.

[quote name='shrike4242']They must have fixed the release date, as it was showing Monday as the release date. That's why in-store pickup didn't work because it's not live until release date.[/QUOTE]

I was kind a puzzled this morning when I tried to order it. I put in a store pickup for the wife to pick up for me while I'm at work. Not trying to go there after work with all the last minute shoppers.

[quote name='takotchi']Yup. I went to the store Tuesday to get it, before realizing it has a Friday release for some reason. What idiot thought that up? An ex-Nintendo employee? :roll:[/QUOTE]
Haha.

Got mine this morning, maybe 10 or so in stock. Hoping it goes on sale next week for a PM!

Here is a side by side of the Resident Evil Steelbooks:

image-5_zps9a6f931c.jpg

Mine had about 6 left.

PM'd Cinderella, and Brave 3d for 17.49 while I was there.

I need the ET, and Bourne Legacy steels.

Live in Omaha. Nearest store had 3 RE left. Found one sitting the WB steelbook endcap, great condition but disc is loose....go to CS and they say "we have 3, i can help find them" but CS then gets busy. Go back, find the second, disc is safe but top is dented hardcore then go back to CS and they say "the 3rd is being held so if the loose disc is a problem I can get a new disc?"

Since its 1030 pm, decided to swing by target and got bourne 1 and 2, Im pretty sure ive read this but target wont let me order something and then adjust it to store price right? Its gonna be dang hard to find 3 and 4 since the steelies and regulars are same DPCI for them

[quote name='Mako1215']Mine had about 6 left.

PM'd Cinderella, and Brave 3d for 17.49 while I was there.

I need the ET, and Bourne Legacy steels.[/QUOTE]
where is brave 3d 5-disc $17.99? And what is the price of Cinderella? What version is it and where is it?

[quote name='PublikDefender']where is brave 3d 5-disc $17.99? And what is the price of Cinderella? What version is it and where is it?[/QUOTE]

There is no $17.49 brave 3d. Best buy gave it to me for that ;) and Costco has the Blue edition Cinderella for $17.49, but I got the Gold one for $17.49.

[quote name='takotchi']Yup. I went to the store Tuesday to get it, before realizing it has a Friday release for some reason. What idiot thought that up? An ex-Nintendo employee? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Christmas is on a Tuesday and stores are closed. This normally happens with movies releasing around Christmas.

[quote name='coopscohen']Here is a side by side of the Resident Evil Steelbooks:

image-5_zps9a6f931c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just from the pic do you only collect US steels?

[quote name='62t']You shouldnt have open that.[/QUOTE]

lol yea I wouldn't have if knew about it before. Just never noticed it until I was putting all my recent pick-ups in their right place.

[quote name='62t']You shouldnt have open that.[/QUOTE]

yeah, if it was still sealed i would be more interested in it. But since its open some could argue that the spine is the easiest part of the steel to alter. (not that im saying you did but if you put it on ebay dont expect huge numbers.)

[quote name='vanton619']So has there been any word of Best Buy Metal Box preorders for Peter Pan or Wreck-it Ralph. It's starting to be that time...[/QUOTE]

there's some kind of lawsuit going on right now about copyright infringement of the Viva metal paks so there might not be any more.

[quote name='seether254']there's some kind of lawsuit going on right now about copyright infringement of the Viva metal paks so there might not be any more.[/QUOTE]

source?

[quote name='ssjmichael']source?[/QUOTE]

Did some research. Here's a link to a court document about the case.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/85682389/Glud-Marstrand-A-S-v-Viva-Magnetics-Ltd-Hong-Kong-et-al

http://litigation.maxval-ip.com/detailview.aspx?CaseID=76384

The first link just describes the case. The second one sells the details on what looks to be the results. I'm going to see if I can find anything else before venturing to purchase the info. It's only $1.99, but I wouldn't be using this site if I wasn't looking for the cheapest way to get something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back