The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Just picked mine up. They tried to charge me the $30 for the 3D Blu and I pointed out the price sticker on the front of the steelbook said $5, and on the back, it says that you only have to pay a $5 deposit. They deleted it the 3D blu from the transaction, said they didn't know why it did that, and sold it to me for $5.[/QUOTE]

They told me my total and I said "wait why?" and they were confused to and took it off.

[quote name='kobra90']If it's anything like prototype 2, then it'll charge you an astronomical amount if you do so. I don't know if that's the case but seems likely.[/QUOTE]Depends on the item price for the item without the movie added into the mix.

Time to read the back of the info of the steelbook to see how this one's different than the past ones. Muppets was the same as the past ones, wait two weeks and you can refund the pre-order and get your money back.

Assassin's Creed III did prompt for which type you wanted, 360 or PS3, though didn't charge you for the game up-front. Only charged the $5 for the steelbook. It also did ask for your personal information with name, address and phone number, which I hadn't seen before.

If they bill you for Ghost Rider 2 up-front, then it is a move to try and stop preorders that never fulfill.

Prototype 2 did have two prices for the pre-order steelbook, one for $5 and one at $50.

[quote name='Scorch']Just picked mine up. They tried to charge me the $30 for the 3D Blu and I pointed out the price sticker on the front of the steelbook said $5, and on the back, it says that you only have to pay a $5 deposit. They deleted it the 3D blu from the transaction, said they didn't know why it did that, and sold it to me for $5.[/QUOTE]Good fact to remember if they try that with someone else.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Got Underworld. Anyone know if this'll be rare?[/QUOTE]

Questions like this are silly. We can't see into the future.

We know it's a Best Buy exclusive and that it sold quite well today from reports in this thread. We don't know if there will be a second shipment or not.

[quote name='ssjmichael']guess they're trying to crack down on people buying the case with no intent on getting the movie from them[/QUOTE]

If that was the case, then they should put the movie discs inside the steelbook.

[quote name='Romeo']Would they prefer $5 or nothing? I collect US steelbooks though I loathe 3D BD. My hatred for 3D is greater than my love for steelbooks, hence why I did not pick up Underworld today.[/QUOTE]

you do realize that the underworld 3D BRD will play in 2D right?

[quote name='Scorch']Questions like this are silly. We can't see into the future.

We know it's a Best Buy exclusive and that it sold quite well today from reports in this thread. We don't know if there will be a second shipment or not.[/QUOTE]

Call Miss Cleo!

I managed to pick up a Captain America steelbook on Ebay for $44. Not bad, I guess.

I didn't go to either of the Best Buy stores by me today, but I'll head there tomorrow. I can't imagine them selling out of those here.

I got the GR: SOV steelbook for 5 and the 29.99 price popped up as well. Guy called talked to everyone in the store until he finally got told by the manager to just do a package discount and discount the 29.99 price. So all in all 5 bucks for the Steelbook.

Picked up the Ghost Rider steelbook but also got charged for the 2D blu-ray ($5.00 + $24.99). Shouldn't it just be $5.00 total, then pay off the preorder when I pick up the movie? Looks like it's back to BB for an adjustment.

[quote name='Borellius']I got the GR: SOV steelbook for 5 and the 29.99 price popped up as well. Guy called talked to everyone in the store until he finally got told by the manager to just do a package discount and discount the 29.99 price. So all in all 5 bucks for the Steelbook.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WingsDJY']Picked up the Ghost Rider steelbook but also got charged for the 2D blu-ray ($5.00 + $24.99). Shouldn't it just be $5.00 total, then pay off the preorder when I pick up the movie? Looks like it's back to BB for an adjustment.[/QUOTE]

its pops up and if you pay it, you have paid for the movie. mine deleted the second item and only charged me 5 dollars. since there was a credit for you Bor, you should be able to pick up the movie after for free since its the line item.

[quote name='Animal7390']its pops up and if you pay it, you have paid for the movie. mine deleted the second item and only charged me 5 dollars. since there was a credit for you Bor, you should be able to pick up the movie after for free since its the line item.[/QUOTE]

What's really messed up is that they charged me $5 for the steelbook and then the full price of the 2D BD. So much for being a preorder bonus. I'll probably just return the steelbook and start over on this one. :bomb:

[quote name='Animal7390']its pops up and if you pay it, you have paid for the movie. mine deleted the second item and only charged me 5 dollars. since there was a credit for you Bor, you should be able to pick up the movie after for free since its the line item.[/QUOTE]Happened to me when I tried to pick up the GR 2 steelbook. They zeroed out the cost of the 3D BD pre-order, so it only charged me $5, not deleting it.

We'll see what happens when the movie comes up, as I doubt I have a free 3D BD copy of GR 2.

The manager had to come over when i picked up my copy of GR2 and she looked it up online and said that BB knows about the issue and all stores have been instructed to sell the steel like a normal pre-order and to delete the full price of the movie.

[quote name='seether254']The manager had to come over when i picked up my copy of GR2 and she looked it up online and said that BB knows about the issue and all stores have been instructed to sell the steel like a normal pre-order and to delete the full price of the movie.[/QUOTE]

Got my money refunded last night. The local store manager has decided to pull all the GR2 steelbooks until corporate fixes their computer system. Glad I got one while I could.

They must have the system fixed for Ghost Rider, when I checked out this afternoon they asked me which version I wanted but it never charged me for the Blu Ray. It rang up $5.30 and I was out the door in less then 30 seconds.

By the way I have been looking all over for this since none of my local stores have it and never received it. I finally got a manager today and he told me my store would not be getting any, as well as some of the other local stores. He was able to find a store with 8 in stock about an hour away, which is only about 30 minutes past my office so I ran over at lunch and snagged one. Just an FYI, I have no idea how rare they will be but according to him, and he has been very helpful in the past, not all stores are getting these this time.

[quote name='doubledown']I picked up Underworld and Ghost Rider yesterday also....not a Steelbook collector, but I figure it might be nice to have.[/QUOTE]

I have two stores under 25mi of me, 11 in my district. My two stores DO NOT carry the Ghost Rider steelbook, when all of the other stores do. Of course those are 60mi+ away.

The Captain America one I got was well worth the money.

The Piranha one from Future Shop next month looks solid. I might see if an acquaintance can pick one up and mail it to me.

[quote name='Grammar Police']The Captain America one I got was well worth the money.[/QUOTE]

Wha..? Which Captain America one? Futureshop? We didn't get a steel here in the states :(

[quote name='Scorch']Wha..? Which Captain America one? Futureshop? We didn't get a steel here in the states :([/QUOTE]

Was an HMV (UK) exclusive afaik.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Was an HMV (UK) exclusive afaik.[/QUOTE]

After a bit of research, I've found that there's a lot of Captain American steelbooks in many different countries, but they all pretty much share a design.

[quote name='Scorch']After a bit of research, I've found that there's a lot of Captain American steelbooks in many different countries, but they all pretty much share a design.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine wasn't the UK one. It was Italian maybe? I don't remember the language on the back cover, but it wasn't English. Cost me $42 shipped, but only like $16 actually out of pocket. The rest was hypothetical money I've earned from here on Paypal, ha.

[quote name='Scorch']After a bit of research, I've found that there's a lot of Captain American steelbooks in many different countries, but they all pretty much share a design.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I have a dented one from HMV and a pristine one from Amazon.fr IIRC the Amazon one included 3D.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']But do you have the rest of other Marvel's steelbook? Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, The Hulk and The Incredible Hulk? :D[/QUOTE]

No but I want them

How can a movie called Captain "America" have a steelbook release almost every where in the world except America? Bullshit...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']But do you have the rest of other Marvel's steelbook? Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, The Hulk and The Incredible Hulk? :D[/QUOTE]

Do you have those? I have an Iron Man 2 steelbook from like Target or something, but none of the rest. The first Iron Man is ridiculous, Thor is like $100, and I didn't like either Hulk movie.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Do you have those? I have an Iron Man 2 steelbook from like Target or something, but none of the rest. The first Iron Man is ridiculous, Thor is like $100, and I didn't like either Hulk movie.[/QUOTE]
I have Iron Man 1 (Future Shop), Iron Man 1 (Media Markt), Iron Man 2 (Target), Iron Man 2 (Korea), and Captain America 3D (France).

Too bad, I didn't get Thor 3D because I waited so long which is my top priority. So then after The Avengers Theater releases worldwide, all the Marvel's Steelbooks and Exclusive Slipcovers have already jacked up the price by eBayer and Amazonian. Therefore, I was trying to get Thor 3D for $40 or less.

For the slipcover, I already have The Incredible Hulk (2008) with Hologram Slipcover & Green Cases. On eBay, those price are ridiculous. BTW, I'm in the hunt for Captain America & Thor with exclusive Slipcover from Best Buy.

In response to your last part. My store has a bunch but their all located on the endcap with all the other marvel stuff. What are the prices for the green hulk. I have one and had no clue it was worth anything[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I have Iron Man 1 (Future Shop), Iron Man 1 (Media Markt), Iron Man 2 (Target), Iron Man 2 (Korea), and Captain America 3D (France).

Too bad, I didn't get Thor 3D because I waited so long which is my top priority. So then after The Avengers Theater releases worldwide, all the Marvel's Steelbooks and Exclusive Slipcovers have already jacked up the price by eBayer and Amazonian. Therefore, I was trying to get Thor 3D for $40 or less.

For the slipcover, I already have The Incredible Hulk (2008) with Hologram Slipcover & Green Cases. On eBay, those price are ridiculous. BTW, I'm in the hunt for Captain America & Thor with exclusive Slipcover from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']In response to your last part. My store has a bunch but their all located on the endcap with all the other marvel stuff. What are the prices for the green hulk. I have one and had no clue it was worth anything[/QUOTE]
The one you see at the store are re-release from 2012 but it doesn't have a green case nor hologram slipcover, just the regular blue or clear cases. They are going for $50 used and $100 sealed. I see few of them on craigslist on the cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys talking about the green Hulk case w/slipcover: is that a steel book also or just regular?

If its just the regular, I have it and need to sell it then.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Do you have those? I have an Iron Man 2 steelbook from like Target or something, but none of the rest. The first Iron Man is ridiculous, Thor is like $100, and I didn't like either Hulk movie.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a stickler, but if that Iron man 2 is from Target then it isn't a steelbook.

[customspoiler=Iron Man 1 & 2]
2iv1awl.jpg
[/customspoiler]

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']The one you see at the store are re-release from 2012 but it doesn't have a green case nor hologram slipcover, just the regular blue or clear cases. They are going for $50 used and $100 sealed. I see few of them on craigslist on the cheap.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, im meant to say in response to your middle paragraph actually. The green hulk I already have. The endcap I was referring to is where they have the 3d versions of Thor and captain America. That's the only place I noticed them this past week art my store when i went looking for them

[quote name='kobra90']I saw an ebay auction last night for Iron Man Future Shop exclusive. The bid before I went to bed was $700.[/QUOTE]
Final bid was $710. Congrats kobra90! LOL j/k...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back