The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
Went with a family member who is a steelbook collector and did not know about BB doing these releases in store until i informed him thanks to CAG members. He managed to get 5 steelbooks today. Damn those things are expensive! Total was a lil over $100 idk how you steelbook collectors do it

Stopped at my BB tonight. They have them but will not put them out until street date to avoid possible heavy fines. No biggie.

Website has been having some major issues as of late plus with the 3rd party media stockers they are putting items out before they should putting stores at risk of heavy fines (if caught). Some of the steels have an actual street date of 5/27/12 (Sunday) and some have a street date of 5/29/12 (Tuesday). Do not have a actual breakdown. I know the "The Hangover" has a street date of 5/27/12 and "The Hangover 2" has a 5/29/12 street date.

I placed my order tonight and within minutes got a "Your reserved order is ready for pickup - Friday, May 25, 2012" e-mail. Now let's see if it is actually ready for me tomorrow...

I placed my order and picked it up today but yeah the employees all tell me they are in the back marked for the 29th.

I forgot to ask how many in stock they had though.

In case anyone is interested, I added the Japan Exclusive Batman Begins and Dark Knight steelbooks to my lowball.
100_2456.jpg

100_2459.jpg
The pictures are from my personal copies, but the two I have for sale are brand new and still sealed.
Full English, of course, and please remember that Japan and North America now share a region thanks to blu-ray, so no issues with your player of choice. ;)

[quote name='Taco5']Website has been having some major issues as of late plus with the 3rd party media stockers they are putting items out before they should putting stores at risk of heavy fines (if caught). Some of the steels have an actual street date of 5/27/12 (Sunday) and some have a street date of 5/29/12 (Tuesday). Do not have a actual breakdown. I know the "The Hangover" has a street date of 5/27/12 and "The Hangover 2" has a 5/29/12 street date.[/QUOTE]

how does a company get fined for movies that are already out and our exclusive to just them. That just does't make any sense. The movie studios don't lose out at all by them being sold as soon as they come.

Just my two sense

don't we all ><

I do have someone in Canada who I can deliver one too, and she can mail it to me when she crosses the border so I'm covered there, but I'm still bankng on Best Buy getting at least one of those.

Seems like the recent releases at Best buy are from Canada? They have the Canada rating on the back. I've never seen those before on US releases.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']

Also anyone in Canada that can help me out with Blow and Kick-Ass?[/QUOTE]

Those are available at Amazon.ca. They ship to the US, but shipping fees are expensive. There are other Canadian sites that ship to the US, but none are showing these just yet other than Amazon.ca.

I have a friend in Canada that is picking up Piranha and Kick-Ass for me (or so she says). I was considering Blow as well, but I held off because I don't think I'd watch it.

[quote name='Taco5']I placed my order tonight and within minutes got a "Your reserved order is ready for pickup - Friday, May 25, 2012" e-mail. Now let's see if it is actually ready for me tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Went this morning to pick up my order and was turned away until tomorrow (Sunday).

[quote name='acaraba2']how does a company get fined for movies that are already out and our exclusive to just them. That just does't make any sense. The movie studios don't lose out at all by them being sold as soon as they come.

Just my two sense[/QUOTE]

Just what I was told...

I placed the order at 1am last night (this morning) and got the e-mail to pick-up right away. Went to BB and they gave it to me without problem. Though I noticed that the website has changed the "release date" to the proper date of 5/29/12.

i dont know how much validity this has but according to members from Bluray.com the steelbook titles will be 9.99 next week

[quote name='acaraba2']all 19 steel books just drop to 14.99 online about 10 minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

I just came in to post that, I was actually on the brink of ordering them at $19.99 but at $14.99 now I don't have any excuse not to buy them.

All of them dropped except for the newer releases like Safe House/Wrath of the Titans.

I actually bought Dark Knight a few days ago but I already opened it, and weirdly enough it's still listed as 19.99 but when you add to cart it's 14.99.
Even the 24.99 ones dropped to $14.99
Guess I'll just do a rebuy/return with old receipt.

well now they all showing up 14.99 without adding to cart

the exception being the new releases

also i only posted 19 because i only order 19 of the 20.

Does anyone happen to have James Bond Dr. No and From Russia with Love still sealed for sale? I miss those 2 and the hurt locker. If so how much would you want for them.

[quote name='acaraba2']well now they all showing up 14.99 without adding to cart

the exception being the new releases

also i only posted 19 because i only order 19 of the 20.

Does anyone happen to have James Bond Dr. No and From Russia with Love still sealed for sale? I miss those 2 and the hurt locker. If so how much would you want for them.[/QUOTE]

There are a few Hurt Locker steels on ebay, one for a fair price. It's Region B locked, but it's got the better of the arts in my opinion. Don't know if you'd open it to watch or not, so the region B may or may not matter.

I'd love to pick up the Batman steelbooks, but the art of them isn't different from the standards, so I'm not that interested. I think I'm gonna wait until the third is released and get whatever inevitable box set is released.

I thought the same but at the same time steelbook and the combined $10 coupon off a ticket to see the third movie made me said, "Why not?"

[quote name='iduncurr']All of them dropped except for the newer releases like Safe House/Wrath of the Titans.

I actually bought Dark Knight a few days ago but I already opened it, and weirdly enough it's still listed as 19.99 but when you add to cart it's 14.99.
Even the 24.99 ones dropped to $14.99
Guess I'll just do a rebuy/return with old receipt.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to take the receipt to the store and show the dropped price and get a refund.

Pre-ordered both Batmans, Inception, Shawshank and The Matrix for in-store pickup because I'm paranoid they're gonna start selling them tomorrow instead of waiting until Tuesday at my store.

[quote name='Vap']I can't find 2 of the lord of the rings movies online..anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

they are there.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Pre-ordered both Batmans, Inception, Shawshank and The Matrix for in-store pickup because I'm paranoid they're gonna start selling them tomorrow instead of waiting until Tuesday at my store.[/QUOTE]

My store already had them out. Picked up V for Vendetta and Inception.

I don't know about any other stores, but my store had 10+ of Batman Begins and Dark Knight. They had three Inception (apparently they had more because there was a huge spot where more should've been) and two of V for Vendetta. I think the less popular titles will be fairly limited.

I wish I would've known that they were all $14.99, I would've grabbed Matrix for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine had them out today and didn't manage to pull my pre-order ones aside. I just bought the ones I wanted there and canceled my order just now.

Mine had two V for Vendettas left, one Inception, one The Hangover, two The Hangover Twos, and a boatload of the rest. I wouldn't have gotten my Inception or The Hangover had I not gone and bought them today.

Took my receipt in today and had the price adjusted, got around $50 back. In stead of keeping the cash and being happy that I saved a few dollars that I didn't even expect to spend, I let it roll and bought the rest. I really need to seek help.

Mine was out on the floor today as well but didn't fulfill my online order, but there was plenty of each so I'll pick them up on Tuesday when I pick up my True Blood.

I placed an order online but might go tonight to check the floor. How rare will these be? Any chance orders will get f'ed from lack of inventory?

As a completionist, I try and not buy steelbooks if I don't have previous movies in the series as steels, or the sequels, or director etc. However, I don't know if I can pass on book of eli

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Scooped up V For Vendetta, Inception, Dark Knight and Sucker Punch. All double dips of course :wall:[/QUOTE]

me too but I am keeping them sealed so it doesnt matter.

[quote name='junkie88']Took my receipt in today and had the price adjusted, got around $50 back. In stead of keeping the cash and being happy that I saved a few dollars that I didn't even expect to spend, I let it roll and bought the rest. I really need to seek help.[/QUOTE]

Thanks didn't know they still did that, will do the same :) Do I need to bring the steelbooks with me, or just the receipt is okay?

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Thanks didn't know they still did that, will do the same :) Do I need to bring the steelbooks with me, or just the receipt is okay?[/QUOTE]

Just the receipt is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back