The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up all 3 LOTR, Both Batman movies, 300, Suckerpunch and Inception. $129 with tax. Not bad.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']So. Is there any internal artwork inside the cases? Opened my Hangover 2 case and there's nothing. =/ Kinda paranoid now.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just a few of them, I was reading the same thing on Blu-Ray.com

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']So. Is there any internal artwork inside the cases? Opened my Hangover 2 case and there's nothing. =/ Kinda paranoid now.[/QUOTE]

No.

But there is at least one Tutorial on Youtube that shows you where to go to download and have your own images printed out and how to insert them in the steelbook. Though it recommends practice at opening them first via a dented or unwanted steelbook.

They kind of gimped some of these unfortunately. No inside artwork on any of them. Inception only has 1 disc, when the Canadian one had 3 (so no special features). SuckerPunch only has the extended cut

Sorry for sounding like an idiot... but where are these steelbook movies for 14.99 that you guys are talking about?

At best buy, but they're not all $14.99. You can search for the titles at bestbuy.com and look for the ones with a release date of 5/29 and it should be a steelbook.

these are the titles included:

Batman Begins
Book of Eli
Clash of the Titans
The Dark Knight
Goodfellas
Gran Torino
Green Lantern
Hangover
Hangover Part II
Inception
The Last Samurai
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
The Matrix
Shawshank Redemption
Sherlock Holmes
Sucker Punch
V for Vendetta

Thank you kind sir.

I tried searching with keyword "steelbook" which yielded nothing available. Actually only 2 titles popped up.

I will search the titles listed. Very appreciated man.

thanks for the feedback. I also noticed some titles show as releasing on 6/19 as well on some of these...

Anyone know what that is about?

I think I'll just try to go to the store and try to nab some of these. Hopefully these get put out on the shelf with minimal wear.

Yeah best buy's site sucks so badly for searching and descriptions. No thumbnails half the time, no proper explanation for what the exclusive is. How such a big company can have such a low rent site is beyond me

Sp basically: If it says Best buy exclusive and has a release date listed of 5/29, and it's one of the titles above, it's a steelbook

[quote name='jiggyteddy']thanks for the feedback. I also noticed some titles show as releasing on 6/19 as well on some of these...

Anyone know what that is about?

I think I'll just try to go to the store and try to nab some of these. Hopefully these get put out on the shelf with minimal wear.[/QUOTE]

No one knows for sure about those, but they're not steelbooks as far as I know. They're likely just regular re-releases with either movie cash included, or Ultraviolet Digital copies attached.

[quote name='ssjmichael']At best buy, but they're not all $14.99. You can search for the titles at bestbuy.com and look for the ones with a release date of 5/29 and it should be a steelbook.

these are the titles included:

Batman Begins
Book of Eli
Clash of the Titans
The Dark Knight
Goodfellas
Gran Torino
Green Lantern
Hangover
Hangover Part II
Inception
The Last Samurai
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
The Matrix
Shawshank Redemption
Sherlock Holmes
Sucker Punch
V for Vendetta[/QUOTE]

They were all 14.99 in store when I went today... well yesterday now.

(just a rumor at this point)

Possible second wave of steelbooks , listed w/ a release date of 6/19.. Watchmen, Jonah Hex, Insomnia, Superman, Superman II, Matrix Reloaded, Terminator: Salvation, Constantine

So Best Buy is coming out with two Exclusives for Wrath of the Titans, one for Blu-ray and one for Blu-ray 3D. The question is will both exclusives come with the steelbooks? Or is it just the 3D version? I'd rather pay $25 for the regular blu-ray since I don't do 3D.

[quote name='iduncurr']So Best Buy is coming out with two Exclusives for Wrath of the Titans, one for Blu-ray and one for Blu-ray 3D. The question is will both exclusives come with the steelbooks? Or is it just the 3D version? I'd rather pay $25 for the regular blu-ray since I don't do 3D.[/QUOTE]

Might be like the underworld Awakening 3D steel which came with the 2D version on the same disc.

Did in-store pickup for 9 of the new BB steelbooks, which were double-dips save Clash Of The Titans:

Clash Of The Titans
Shawshank Redemption
Last Samurai
V For Vendetta
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Goodfellas
Gran Torino

Did Amazon trade-ins of all that I had currently had (which were all single-disc versions like the SB versions) and managed to get $25 total for all them in trade.

Now I just have to wait and see if the store pulls the right versions.

[quote name='shrike4242']Did in-store pickup for 9 of the new BB steelbooks, which were double-dips save Clash Of The Titans:

Clash Of The Titans
Shawshank Redemption
Last Samurai
V For Vendetta
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Goodfellas
Gran Torino

Did Amazon trade-ins of all that I had currently had (which were all single-disc versions like the SB versions) and managed to get $25 total for all them in trade.

Now I just have to wait and see if the store pulls the right versions.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to check the cases (loose disc and/or dents), I walked in and picked up Sherlock Holmes yesterday and out of the 6 copies there, 5 had a loose disc.

Good luck

[quote name='Twizz']Be sure to check the cases (loose disc and/or dents), I walked in and picked up Sherlock Holmes yesterday and out of the 6 copies there, 5 had a loose disc.

Good luck[/QUOTE]I'll make sure to check them out, though I'm more concerned with dents than loose discs. It's been a while since I had a loose disc be an issue for a BD disc, though dents are a bigger issue.

Each of mine had a TINY dent somewhere alongside the bottom, but they were the best copies there. It's small enough to where I don't think anybody would care about them honestly. I couldn't care less.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, order says that it's ready for pickup. Time to call the store and make sure they pulled the steelbook versions.[/QUOTE]

You can tell from your email if it's the steelbook version or not.

BD-HANGOVER PART II (BBY STEELBOOK)
SKU: 5513395
BD-CLASH OF THE TITANS (BBY STEELBOOK)
SKU: 5513455
BD-SUCKER PUNCH (2011) (BBY STEELBOOK)
SKU: 5513446

I bought like 17/20 listed and they all state steelbook on my email pick-up order.

[quote name='iduncurr']You can tell from your email if it's the steelbook version or not.

I bought like 17/20 listed and they all state steelbook on my email pick-up order.[/QUOTE]

That doesnt mean a thing. The guy at the store might still grabbed the wrong version, which happened to me before with other steelbook.

I had no idea bout these BB Steelbooks until 10 mins before I headed to a store from reading this thread. They weren't out on the floor, and when I asked their outsourced media person where they were, she rudely replied "I been looking fo them myself.." and then she walked off. I believe there is a display set up for them, not an endcap on a row, but rather in the center, next to newer releases. Its a fathers day promotion..

[quote name='iduncurr']You can tell from your email if it's the steelbook version or not.

I bought like 17/20 listed and they all state steelbook on my email pick-up order.[/QUOTE]It states steelbook on the order pickup email, yes, though sometimes, people don't pull the right items if they're not paying attention. Always worth a phone call in possible low-volume situations like this one.

I had this happen with the Salt steelbook and almost didn't get it because they pulled the wrong version. Found the right version at another store and it was all fixed.

[quote name='token2k6']I had no idea bout these BB Steelbooks until 10 mins before I headed to a store from reading this thread. They weren't out on the floor, and when I asked their outsourced media person where they were, she rudely replied "I been looking fo them myself.." and then she walked off. I believe there is a display set up for them, not an endcap on a row, but rather in the center, next to newer releases. Its a fathers day promotion..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a Father's Day promotion. There was a large display at my store yesterday with all of them. They had a ridiculous number of the two Batmans (10x each on the display plus another 20x of each in the normal BD section).

TBH, I'm a little disappointed with a lot of these Steelbooks. I prefer the ones with custom artwork, but most of them are pretty much the same as the regular editions. The only one that really blows me away is The Matrix (which I already have copies of on DVD, HD DVD [Ult Trilogy], and Blu Ray [Ult Trilogy]). It's hard to justify getting a fourth copy.

So these are essentially cheaply made steels with no inside art for Father's Day? I knew something like this was too good to be true. I probably won't pick up anything at all now.

These are official steelbooks made by Scanavo, they're probably the same quality as other steels produced recently. Aside from the lack of internal artwork, there's nothing really wrong with them. Only Inception and Sucker Punch appear to be missing discs compared to their respective Canadian version

By cheap I don't mean material quality, I mean design. Stock artwork and nothing inside feels like no effort was put into them. I buy steels for the art quality, not just to look fancy on my shelf.

They're not the quality that my Captain America or Green Lantern is, but they're not awful. It feels like if you're not extremely careful with them, the paint will chip very easily.

[quote name='ssjmichael']These are official steelbooks made by Scanavo, they're probably the same quality as other steels produced recently. Aside from the lack of internal artwork, there's nothing really wrong with them. Only Inception and Sucker Punch appear to be missing discs compared to their respective Canadian version[/QUOTE]

I just bought Inception today, what do you mean by "missing discs"? I like to keep my Steelbook collections sealed.

[quote name='jr1016']I just bought Inception today, what do you mean by "missing discs"? I like to keep my Steelbook collections sealed.[/QUOTE]

I think he means in terms of bonus disks, ie commentary, interviews, and so on.

yeah, it only has the movie disc, the Canadian steelbook had 3 discs. If you look at the back, they advertise a bunch of features, but they're not included inside

My Suckerpunch had a loose disc so I exchanged that and I was browsing around, debating picking up Book of Eli or not, and there was quite a few with loose disks.

There seemed to be a lot of Batman Stock in comparison to other titles though.

There was like 10 out on the rack while all the other selections had about 3-4 left.

Grammer Police is right though, the paint chips off kind of easily actually and I baby these when handling. I'm just taking out all the BD's and putting them into spare cases I just bought and leaving the steel cases on my shelves.

[quote name='ssjmichael']yeah, it only has the movie disc, the Canadian steelbook had 3 discs. If you look at the back, they advertise a bunch of features, but they're not included inside[/QUOTE]That's why I'm only swapping out my single-disc packs with the steelbook versions, since these looked like movie-only versions for the price.

Any of the combo versions I have aren't getting swapped, or other versions that are multi-disc (Sucker Punch, for example, with theatrical and extended versions).

[quote name='kobra90']I think he means in terms of bonus disks, ie commentary, interviews, and so on.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying that. I thought it was a packaging error where they forgot the disc.

[quote name='ssjmichael']yeah, it only has the movie disc, the Canadian steelbook had 3 discs. If you look at the back, they advertise a bunch of features, but they're not included inside[/QUOTE]

That seems shady. I almost bought Inception because the back listed all the special features. Glad I didn't. My lenticular slipcover version is at least complete.

[quote name='ssjmichael']yeah, it only has the movie disc, the Canadian steelbook had 3 discs. If you look at the back, they advertise a bunch of features, but they're not included inside[/QUOTE]
Uh, I certainly hope they're not advertising product that isn't included inside. Pretty sure that's false advertising or some consumer law violation.

[quote name='Jodou']Uh, I certainly hope they're not advertising product that isn't included inside. Pretty sure that's false advertising or some consumer law violation.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the features advertised are not included.. at least with the Inception one. I haven't opened mine, so I wouldn't know, I'm just going off of reports on other forums.

It's only with Inception and Sucker Punch. The latter only has the extended cut, not the theatrical, and no soundtrack as advertised. This is Warner's doing, not Best Buy's of course, but BB will be the one facing complaints from customers

I opened all of mine (I didn't buy Book of Eli, Green Lantern, and Goodfellas though)
The only ones that came with two discs were the three Lord of the Rings and Batman: The Dark Knight.

That's kind of disappointing.

Did Sherlock Holmes originally have 2 disks? I bought the steelbook version in anticipation for the sequel's steelbook. I saw a review listing all of the special features, but I don't recall it mentioning a number or disks.

Got a refund for the price difference, and it looked like one guy in the store bought every single one of them o_O Damn that's crazy, the stack was almost as big as him lol. Im not too interested in the other ones so I resisted. Keep em coming Best Buy!

Matrix had very limited stock by the looks of it as did the first LOTR movie, but they had tons of everything else, especially the Batman movies.

Wow. Figures that rather then appreciating the fact that Best Buy has finally gotten a good shipment of steelbooks AND put them on sale for $14.99 people would rather complain that they don't have the extras...

Well then don't buy them and instead leave them for those that appreciate them for the steel book.

[quote name='GBAstar']Wow. Figures that rather then appreciating the fact that Best Buy has finally gotten a good shipment of steelbooks AND put them on sale for $14.99 people would rather complain that they don't have the extras...

Well then don't buy them and instead leave them for those that appreciate them for the steel book.[/QUOTE]

Really? So people should just be happy that they're buying steelbooks that advertise special features but don't include them? Wow, I guess we should just all shut up and be thankful that our merciful Gods Best Buy and Warner Bros. hath bestowed upon us the magical gift known to people of the North, and people of the west as the almighty Steelbook, and not whisper a bad word upon it. I'm sure on some other planet your logic is infallible, but your weak link is: this is Earth :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back