The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LF2']Anybody know where I can get a copy of the Collateral steelbook? It's one of my all time favorites, but it's only available on play.com, and they don't ship to the US.[/QUOTE]

Go with the German steel.

http://www.amazon.de/Collateral-Lim...RB50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347682633&sr=8-1

It's cheaper than Play's (though maybe not after shipping) and they ship to the US. Region free.

EUR 11,25 = $15.68
GBP 10.99 = $17.83

Wal-Mart has GOT to have something under their sleeve for the new RE movie. It'd make no sense to have steels for the other five movies and not this one.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I doubt that it would have movie cash for the new re or they would have timed it better to coincide with an upcoming release. As it stands, re is already making its way into theaters so it looks like they missed that window. Guess we'll find out, though.[/QUOTE]

But what about Steelbook then? I have all 5 RE movies (4 live-action plus the first animated one) in Steelbook thanks to WM and I would like to keep that trend going.

I completely forgot I ordered the Avengers steelbook until I got a strange German email from amazon.de. My Best Buy Avengers (metal pack?) is good enough since I actually got the 6 pack from amazon.co.uk and won't use it anyways.

I'm not gonna return it to amazon.de. Anyone think it could have value, to potentially sell and use that money for the Incredibles from FutureShop, via ebay or amazon?

[quote name='MSUHitman']But what about Steelbook then? I have all 5 RE movies (4 live-action plus the first animated one) in Steelbook thanks to WM and I would like to keep that trend going.[/QUOTE]

Its a possibility, i mean when the first 4 (not including afterlife) they weren't announced at all to my knowledge.

Just wondering if maybe WM was going to be the spot again since you guys are the movie Steelbook experts I thought maybe I had missed an annoucement or something.

Went back to get an Avenger's steelbook today assuming I'd be fine since they had 15+. Needless to say, they were ALL GONE. Ugh... Did see a few Cinderella steelbooks though.

My best buy had a lot of Avengers and Cinderella steelbooks (metalboxes?) left today. They didn't look that great in the store, so I didn't buy any.

I just now got done watching some unboxing videos and I'm kind of kicking myself for not buying them. I'll probably try to buy them today along with the Indiana Jones Collection.

I'm still sticking with my Amazon preorders though for Avengers 3d for $24.96 and Cinderella for $21.96 just because it's tax free, saves me gas money and time driving to BB, and they'll be sitting on my doorstep the morning of release.

I got my first steel book today. It's the Dead Island Riptide pre order. I also had 2 card board pre order holders for AC III and RE 6, but the guy wouldn't let me keep them unless I paid for the pre order.

[quote name='strizay']I also had 2 card board pre order holders for AC III and RE 6, but the guy wouldn't let me keep them unless I paid for the pre order.[/QUOTE]

Wait - you picked these up from the display & thought you could just keep them. Intriguing!

Is it possible to cancel the Avengers pre-order at Best Buy and get the $7.50 back while retaining the steelbook? I can get a 3D copy significantly cheaper than $30 or whatever, so I don't really need the pre-order. If I can't, they can just keep my $7.50. Even including that throwaway cash, it'll be cheaper.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Is it possible to cancel the Avengers pre-order at Best Buy and get the $7.50 back while retaining the steelbook? I can get a 3D copy significantly cheaper than $30 or whatever, so I don't really need the pre-order. If I can't, they can just keep my $7.50. Even including that throwaway cash, it'll be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

You can keep it, you don't get the $7.50 back.

[quote name='DestroVega']You can keep it, you don't get the $7.50 back.[/QUOTE]

Yes he can get it back assuming he did it in store and not online. The $7.50 is a deposit for the movie, ths case is merely a free incentive for making that deposit. You are free to go back 2 weeks after it's released, and request a refund of the deposit if you don't complete your purchase. It's all written on the back paper of the case. Now I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but he is free to do so if he desires.

Is it possible to order from Futureshop in the US? I'd really like the Brave Viva but I can't preorder on the site. Is there anyone who takes orders for us poor unfortunate Americans?

[quote name='strizay']they were just small pieces of cardboard. I didn't think the guy was going to have an asthma attack over it.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. I took my 3 & 6 year old to best buy to pick up snow white and they each grabbed the skylanders preorder cards. The lady at checkout was reading those cards with a magnifying glass damn near trying to tell me i had to "buy" them. Told her the kids just wanna look at the picture while they're stuck in the back seat. Grabbed one of the Madden ones awhile back simply because i was shocked to see my hometown of Detroit finally made it on the cover....the guy told me to go ahead and grab a couple "it's just paper that gets thrown out when the game is released anyways"

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Only the one you poed at.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten the item at a different BB than the one i pre-ordered at many times with no problem.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Is it possible to order from Futureshop in the US? I'd really like the Brave Viva but I can't preorder on the site. Is there anyone who takes orders for us poor unfortunate Americans?[/QUOTE]

no. Futureshop does not ship to the US. Maybe a member here might be able to help.

[quote name='elessar123']Found about a dozen Avengers and 5 Dead Islands. The Avengers one is so boring.[/QUOTE]

Good. I thought I was crazy for thinking the same thing. It does look boring and I wasn't sure if it was worth $7.50 to me. The BB I bought Indiana Jones at didn't have any Avengers steelbooks yesterday though. I guess I bought the 28 Weeks Later bluray for $7.99 instead of the $7.50 metal box. :cry:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes he can get it back assuming he did it in store and not online. The $7.50 is a deposit for the movie, ths case is merely a free incentive for making that deposit. You are free to go back 2 weeks after it's released, and request a refund of the deposit if you don't complete your purchase. It's all written on the back paper of the case. Now I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but he is free to do so if he desires.[/QUOTE]

Oh my mistake. I thought I read here every time that you don't.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Is it possible to order from Futureshop in the US? I'd really like the Brave Viva but I can't preorder on the site. Is there anyone who takes orders for us poor unfortunate Americans?[/QUOTE]

iNCREDiPiNOY does group buys of international steelbook releases. I think he's doing one for Brave. Try Pming him.

I just got an email from HMV that the Cabin in the Woods steelbook was recalled, and that I will get a replacement disc in 2 weeks. I am guessing I may want to cancel then? Has anyone else ordered this?

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I just got an email from HMV that the Cabin in the Woods steelbook was recalled, and that I will get a replacement disc in 2 weeks. I am guessing I may want to cancel then? Has anyone else ordered this?[/QUOTE]

Why would you cancel? Sounds like the discs were defective (they froze), so they've recalled them. You should still get a steelbook with a working disc.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Why would you cancel? Sounds like the discs were defective (they froze), so they've recalled them. You should still get a steelbook with a working disc.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay. I was just worried that was some default language to indicate that the steelbooks were the problem.

[quote name='lectersvictim']Any word on a Resident Evil Damnation Walmart Steelbook?[/QUOTE]

and there most likely won't be one this late in the game.

How do you guys display your steelbooks? I'm looking for something like this.

dsc03292p.jpg

About how long does shipping usually take from HMV? I ordered the Avengers Steelbook which shipped on 9/12 and I'm still waiting for it. I'm in Chicago btw.

Everyone is going to get a DKR steelbook. HMV and most of the UK outlets will probably have that same design up soon. Play.com may have their own exclusive one. Best Buy will probably get one seeing as the first two got one. I wouldn't worry about pre ordering the German one. Most of them are probably going to use that art as well

http://forum.blu-ray.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52086&d=1348774423

Yep HMV getting the exact same one. Still some debate as to whether or not the banner is going to be printed on there so hold your breath that they aren't that stupid.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=5675;5;-1;-1;-1&sku=773350

Looks like this may be the artwork instead or maybe not. I like the other one personally

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: Amazing Spider-Man (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook) (Blu-ray 3D)

6814661.jpg

Price: $34.99
Release Date: November 9, 2012
Link: Best Buy[/QUOTE]:drool::drool::drool: Hopefully there's a good deal on that when release week comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back