The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='patcrazystar64']I got myself a copy of ET today. I doubt my store will sell all of them in a month. They had a full display with more in boxes according to the employee. Right now I'm just laughing at all the people hoarding copies and immediately posting them on eBay or Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Is there an online stock checker for the E.T. Target steelbook? I forgot about this one and haven't been in target all week. Do they have just steelbook editions?

This is the only link I could fine online:

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=E.T.+Blu-ray&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories

I was in manalapan nj one and zip there too. But I went to target.com and preordered and somehow it got cancelled, re-preordered it. And checking that day it didn't how a record that I even did (had the email though) so I entered the order number and it was there. Waited another day, still not shipped. So I just ordered another one, and in a day that one shipped while the 1st (2nd if you count the initial cancelled one), got the email that it did and cancelled the other, and got it today.

Did you not try ordering online, or did they go out of stock there too?

[quote name='Finch106']I'll grab you one if you still need it. It's 17.99 plus TX tax and shipping would be like $6 priority mail.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got one the day after. Sorry, I meant to check back into this thread but my mind went completely towards the New York Comic Con. :bouncy:

By 2:30pm, it was the last one @ The Edison/Menlo Park Location. At least that's all I saw.

Thanks for the offer though.

[quote name='patcrazystar64']The next trio of blu-ray steelbooks released by Target will be the Bourne Trilogy. Release date for the blu-rays are listed for December 20th at 16.99 each. Check the spoilers for the cover art for each film.

Bourne Identity
14297341_121009183000.jpg

Bourne Supremacy
14297340_121009183000.jpg

Bourne Ultimatum
14297339_121009183000.jpg

Source:
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=bourne+steelbook&category=9975218|All|matchallpartial|entertainment&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0001&AFID=Performics_Blu-ray.com_0004cbf337415bd60ae0af12f1007ebd&LNM=Primary[/QUOTE]

I liked the G1 style BBY had a while back. These just don't look great

I have the Bourne Movies only on HD-DVD currently and have been looking at box-set sales to upgrade...
So, I guess this is probably what I was holding out for then .... another set to my collection!

[quote name='joshnorm']God damn it. Now I will have to jump on a group buy. That looks really good.[/QUOTE]

If you find one, please let me know!

[quote name='Mako1215']Pisses me off Target.com cancelled my E.T steelbook, and didn't send a cancellation email. That's crap.[/QUOTE]

Same here, seems that happened to a lot of people.

[quote name='Mako1215']Pisses me off Target.com cancelled my E.T steelbook, and didn't send a cancellation email. That's crap.[/QUOTE]Same here, found out on last Monday when I didn't get a shipment notification email. It didn't change SKU #'s on Target.com because clicking on the link in the order information had it go to the product at the $17.99 price. Their system just dumped a lot of the orders for no reason they can see.

I originally ordered two + filler to get free shipping and the filler shipped six weeks ago. Nothing about the steelbooks, though ended up making a new order for one and had them eat the shipping because of their mistake.

EDIT: And mine arrived today in the mail, in that same plastic bag without any padding/packaging that Best Buy used to destroy three Snow White & The Huntsman steelbooks. :bomb: And of course, it has a dent in it, so it'll need to be swapped out. Thankfully Target B&M seems to have enough to register In Stock on the website, so I hopefully won't have any issues.

[quote name='shrike4242']Same here, found out on last Monday when I didn't get a shipment notification email. It didn't change SKU #'s on Target.com because clicking on the link in the order information had it go to the product at the $17.99 price. Their system just dumped a lot of the orders for no reason they can see.

I originally ordered two + filler to get free shipping and the filler shipped six weeks ago. Nothing about the steelbooks, though ended up making a new order for one and had them eat the shipping because of their mistake.

EDIT: And mine arrived today in the mail, in that same plastic bag without any padding/packaging that Best Buy used to destroy three Snow White & The Huntsman steelbooks. :bomb: And of course, it has a dent in it, so it'll need to be swapped out. Thankfully Target B&M seems to have enough to register In Stock on the website, so I hopefully won't have any issues.[/QUOTE]

yeah you shouldnt have a problem my store still has about 6-7.

Well, trip to the store was a waste. Somewhere in Target's infinite wisdom, they decided to give the steelbook version and the normal combo pack the same DPCI. So, a store could have all steelbooks or no steelbooks, no way to know without a visual check.

EDIT: Called Target and asked them to either provide a replacement or a 50% credit ($9.37) back to my card. I ended up opting for the credit because my chances of getting a replacement via Target.com that isn't shipped in the same thin plastic mailer is probably next to zero. If I find one in-store I'll pick it up as a replacement, though I'm not likely to get a chance to do so for a few days. The dent is small enough that I can live with it for the 50% credit back.

My local Target still had a dozen when I was there yesterday; let me know if you'd like me to pick one up for you at cost plus shipping (I've even got the red card which basically cancels out tax :p)

[quote name='thelonepig']My local Target still had a dozen when I was there yesterday; let me know if you'd like me to pick one up for you at cost plus shipping (I've even got the red card which basically cancels out tax :p)[/QUOTE]I might have a backup plan, as I now need to run by Target this evening for some other purpose and I'll see if they have one. If they do, I'll swap it out at the store. If not, then I'll take you up on your offer.

[quote name='slickkill77']You guys can use this for the E.T steelbook

Get a pair of $3 Off coupons for any Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray releases:

How to get your Coupons:

1. Go to http://universal.promo.eprize.com/100thanniversary/
2. Register with a real e-mail address. You will receive a confirmation e-mail that you have registered.
3. Once you've registered, go here http://universal.promo.eprize.com/10...amoe_code_page and enter your e-mail again.
4. Now you will receive an e-mail that contains a spin code.
5. Go back to http://universal.promo.eprize.com/100thanniversary/ (If you get prompted for your e-mail address on this page, just enter your registered e-mail again and then it will take you to the code entry screen.)
6. Enter the spin code that you received via e-mail.
7. Spin the wheel
8. You will most likely win a $3 coupon.
9. Click Next. Click "Print Exclusive Discount" link.
10. Click "Print Coupons". Get a coupon printed.
11. Click the back button on your browser twice. Get a second coupon printed.

Most of the NJ people on blu-ray.com are reporting the same thing as you[/QUOTE]

^ Thank you for this. That was very helpful!

I see that although you are suppose to enter codes from Universal movies you can also request up to five free codes per e-mail address.

Does that mean you could potentially win 5 free $3 off coupons (10 if you click back and then refresh after the first coupon prints)?

Or will it not allow more then two coupons to print per computer because of the software?

:br: Brave (Best Buy Exclusive) G2 Viva MetalBox (Empty Case)

Same cover as Future Shop.

Price: $7.50
SKU #: 6800822
Pre-Sell Date: October 28, 2012
Link: Best Buy

I read that BB employee already put this out yesterday on the sale floor.

[quote name='Havokscry']Picked up a Brave Steelbook tonight. Only saw six on the shelf.[/QUOTE]
Is it a steelbox like avengers and cinderella or is it an official steelbook?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Is it a steelbox like avengers and cinderella or is it an official steelbook?[/QUOTE]

Viva Metal Pack, although Steelbook is essentially a genericized brand name like Kleenex and Band-Aid by now.

[quote name='trunks982']went to best buy today but didnt see any brave steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

this is supposed to be put on the shelves on the 28th, however knowing BB's track record many people will be able to pick it up early.

[quote name='Corizzle']Viva Metal Pack, although Steelbook is essentially a genericized brand name like Kleenex and Band-Aid by now.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the difference? I know pictures have been posted, but it's not easy to tell on a phone.

I like The Avengers one way more than I liked the crappy ones they put out earlier in the Summer.

I wonder what the price will be for BRAVE? I have it pre-ordered at Amazon for $27. Although, I found out selling the Steelbook on EBAY offsets the cost. I'll check this week when I get my daughter Tinkerbell.

[quote name='doubledown']I wonder what the price will be for BRAVE? I have it pre-ordered at Amazon for $27. Although, I found out selling the Steelbook on EBAY offsets the cost. I'll check this week when I get my daughter Tinkerbell.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm curious too since I was able to preorder the BR+DVD combo for $14.98 at Deepdiscount back in July, but with the BBY credit I've amassed, if the same combo is $19.99, I'd be willing to get it with the steelcase.

[quote name='Jodou']I didn't really like Brave that much, but I feel like my collection will be incomplete without the steel. Hmmm. . .[/QUOTE]

Exactly my feeling. Those damn cases....:whistle2:#

[quote name='philmcfly']I asked about the Brave case at Best Buy in Iselin, NJ. They're in the back, but they're not about to break street date when I asked about them. :([/QUOTE]

:roll:
I like how retarded Best Buy is on Street Dating their own exclusive pre-orders. Whats that? you want to pre-order something from us? Go away and come back later. Why are they struggling again? Whats next, are they going to start Street Dating giftcards? Plus I can only recall them advertising Avengers Pre-order steelbook weeks after it was on the shelf. I do not recall them advertising other ones.

[quote name='Grammar Police']What exactly is the difference? I know pictures have been posted, but it's not easy to tell on a phone.

I like The Avengers one way more than I liked the crappy ones they put out earlier in the Summer.[/QUOTE]

http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/steelbook-resources/

The main difference is the Disney ones are very high quality and they followed the way Steelbook brand does them but seems like they didn't want to pay someone else to make the cases for them.

EA is doing the same but they went MetalPak style so it has that horrible hinge that has a cheap feel.

[quote name='Davestation']:roll:
I like how retarded Best Buy is on Street Dating their own exclusive pre-orders. Whats that? you want to pre-order something from us? Go away and come back later. Why are they struggling again? Whats next, are they going to start Street Dating giftcards? Plus I can only recall them advertising Avengers Pre-order steelbook weeks after it was on the shelf. I do not recall them advertising other ones.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing most in the ads (Mupets, GhostRider, Avengers, Cinderella). So in fairness if they have it in the ad for next week (which is printed and decided on weeks before) but are sold out people might be pisst when they go in to get the pre-order bonus.

I know I would be very upset if the first its listed is Sunday/Saturday and I go in and get greeted by "oh these we're put out last week, sorry we are sold out"

I know I would be very upset if the first its listed is Sunday/Saturday and I go in and get greeted by "oh these we're put out last week, sorry we are sold out"

That almost happened to me. A lot of the stores in my area put out the Avengers SB early before they read the retraction memo. I was there the next day after that memo and fortunately for me, the CS and gaming guys were there who I talk to all the time, sold me the last one they pulled off the shelf. Everywhere else had sold out on the accidental early release. I would have been pissed if the ad came out that Sunday and there were no SB to be had.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: The Bourne Legacy Blu-ray SteelBook (Target Exclusive)

14297342_121009183000.jpg

Price: $25.99
Release Date: December 11, 2012
Link: Target[/QUOTE]

Dammit! Now I'll have to get the original steels from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back