SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Hows Amazon with shipping on Blurays? Really want that Scott Pilgrim one, just don't want it to come in beat up and dented. June 25 is release date on those btw.[/QUOTE]

They usually shrink wrap it to cardboard and ship it in a box.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Both the US and Canada will be getting this Universal Reel Heroes lineup. The artwork and some of the steels were available in Europe for some time, so I'm glad we're finally getting them. They're up on Amazon for just $13.99 each. Just search for the title

Release date: June 25th

comicsteel.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not seeing them yet but thanks for the heads up. I want a few.

Edit: nvm found them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DestroVega']God damn it. About to spend $60 on movies I already own[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. I already have some of these in steelbooks.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Here's the amazon links to all of them courtesy of Jude72 over at Blu-ray.com:

The Big Lebowski
The Chronicles of Riddick
Death Race
Doom
Hellboy II
Hot Fuzz
Hulk
The Incredible Hulk
The Mummy
Paul
Pitch Black
Scarface
Scott Pilgrim
Serenity
Shaun of te Dead
Van Helsing[/QUOTE]Darn you, those look so awesome...I couldn't help myself, I preordered Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. :razz: Thankfully, I don't own either of those on Blu-ray yet (and they're combo packs!) so it doesn't feel as harsh a blow to my Amazon credit. :D

Thanks for posting, ordered 6 out of the whole lot, I have most of them already. I'm glad I don't have to double dip, there are some other titles that look cool but I don't need them.

Did anyone else get the Incredible Hulk 100th Anniversary Steelbook? I placed an order back in December but AmazonUK ran out of stock and just cancelled my order.

[quote name='DNukem170']They usually shrink wrap it to cardboard and ship it in a box.[/QUOTE]

ive ordered just one from them several times and i always get a jiffy bag, and i even have amazon prime.

I usually get boxes, but then again I rarely get just one item as I'm not a prime member, so more often than not I have multiple items that total up to $25+ rather than a single one.

What's the story behind the comic book style covers? Will be getting a few of those since I don't have the movies I want yet.

[quote name='D0RC']What's the story behind the comic book style covers? Will be getting a few of those since I don't have the movies I want yet.[/QUOTE]

Universal created a series called "Reel Heroes" for comic book and action movies. It's been available for a few years now in Europe/UK, and they just added a few more to the wave recently. Some of the movies don't really fit now compared to the original ones so that makes it look like more of a cash-grab than a nice collector's series.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']That is damn nice man.

So will those "Reel Heroes" be available in stores like BB as well?[/QUOTE]

I assume so, since they're not exclusive to any retailer or anything.

These are all from Universal, but the original Hellboy was released by Sony. There is a nice Hellboy steel in the UK that's region free, and fairly cheap, it just doesn't match this style

... Of course, I just paid $30 for the German Serenity Steel.... Oh well, now I will have 3 Serenity Steelbooks. Perfect for my Firefly collection.

Going to grab Scott Pilgrim and Big Lebowski as well... Undecided on Hellboy II...

[quote name='Hiro0015']... Of course, I just paid $30 for the German Serenity Steel.... Oh well, now I will have 3 Serenity Steelbooks. Perfect for my Firefly collection.

Going to grab Scott Pilgrim and Big Lebowski as well... Undecided on Hellboy II...[/QUOTE]

Not to derail the thread, but after all the hype I've heard behind Firefly I finally gave it a shot on Netflix, and 4 episodes later I finally gave up. I just couldn't get into it.

---

If the Reel Heroes show up in more places, I'm hoping someone lowers them to $9.99 then I can snag a few.

[quote name='DNukem170']Does the new HB2 release have all the extras on it?[/QUOTE]

Yep, all of the released have all the same extras as the regular releases.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yep, all of the released have all the same extras as the regular releases.[/QUOTE]

But HB2's regular release (at least in the US) has all the extras on a second disc.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not to derail the thread, but after all the hype I've heard behind Firefly I finally gave it a shot on Netflix, and 4 episodes later I finally gave up. I just couldn't get into it.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I couldn't either. Serenity isn't bad though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']These are all from Universal, but the original Hellboy was released by Sony. There is a nice Hellboy steel in the UK that's region free, and fairly cheap, it just doesn't match this style[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not to derail the thread, but after all the hype I've heard behind Firefly I finally gave it a shot on Netflix, and 4 episodes later I finally gave up. I just couldn't get into it.

you need to go throw yourself off a cliff in shame.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not to derail the thread, but after all the hype I've heard behind Firefly I finally gave it a shot on Netflix, and 4 episodes later I finally gave up. I just couldn't get into it.
[/QUOTE]

you need to throw yourself off of a cliff in shame.

[quote name='DNukem170']But HB2's regular release (at least in the US) has all the extras on a second disc.[/QUOTE]

All regular releases only included one Blu-ray, but they do have a DVD with extras. For the Reel Heroes steel and slipcover versions in the EU/UK, the extras were all put on the single Blu-ray disc. I'm assuming that's the case here too. If not, it's possible they'll just be put on the DVD copy that's included.

[quote name='elessar123']Don't worry, I couldn't either. Serenity isn't bad though.[/QUOTE]
*high-five*

I'll give Serenity a shot. Hopefully not finishing the series doesn't affect my understanding too much.

[quote name='seether254']you need to throw yourself off of a cliff in shame.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='elessar123']Don't worry, I couldn't either. Serenity isn't bad though.[/QUOTE]

I finished the series and while I did enjoy it, I didn't enjoy it enough to keep it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not to derail the thread, but after all the hype I've heard behind Firefly I finally gave it a shot on Netflix, and 4 episodes later I finally gave up. I just couldn't get into it.[/QUOTE]

You are not alone.

I grabbed the Hellboy steel of Zavii along with preordering Finding Nemo and grabbing a Predator. Theres a 5 off 50 order code somewhere.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The UK will be getting a few Batman steels on June 3rd , including the Batman Begins steel that was available in Japan and goes for $200 on ebay. Batman and Batman Returns are being released in the US too as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Currently available for pre-order at Zavvi, but it's not exclusive to them (i.e. it'll be up on Amazon UK eventually):

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

10794331-1365438361-361347.jpg
10794335-1365438361-361395.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Okay, so despite the fact that Zavvi has that white artwork up, Amazon just put up their listings for those two, and Rises, and they look like this:

Batman_Begins.jpg
The_Dark_Knight.jpg
The_Dark_Knight_Rises.jpg

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

Yeah I was just gonna post about that. The artwork has changed on Amazon.UK but Zavvi still has it up.

Funny story cause I just bought the Batman Begins and Dark Knight Japan steels last week, then this week I see them with the same artwork. I thought I just blew my money (even though I think I got a pretty good deal on them).Ill still be getting Begins and Dark Knight for collecting but I liked the Begins Japan even more than the one with color.These new ones I dont like as much.

It has been a LONG while since I have seen Begins, but I don't remember Batman letting the girl die until the next movie...

Still looks better than the other two. TDK is just lazy.

[quote name='DNukem170']It has been a LONG while since I have seen Begins, but I don't remember Batman letting the girl die until the next movie...

Still looks better than the other two. TDK is just lazy.[/QUOTE]

I actually like TDK steel here. Better than the steel I bought at Best Buy.

And I'm pretty sure he's carrying Katie Holmes after she gets sprayed with the toxin.

[quote name='DestroVega']I actually like TDK steel here. Better than the steel I bought at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
My problem is that it is literally the same art as the regular DVD version. Didn't even remove the actor lineup (I hate it when they put them on steels).

Personally, I think the best steel art would be the DVD Trilogy art separated. The Bat logo on the sunset (Begins), burning (Dark Knight), and breaking (Rises). Not only would it look cooler, it would continue the theme with the OG Batman movies.

IMO, the best steelbooks have a central image, the movie title, and maybe a frame or border. The simpler, the better.
And I'm pretty sure he's carrying Katie Holmes after she gets sprayed with the toxin.
Still looks like she is dead, which is supposed to be the big twist for the second movie (although nowadays it is about as much of a spoiler as who Vader is).

[quote name='ssjmichael']Okay, so despite the fact that Zavvi has that white artwork up, Amazon just put up their listings for those two, and Rises, and they look like this:[/QUOTE]

Meh. I was hoping they stick with the white style. Was curious to see what they would do with TDKR.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Meh. I was hoping they stick with the white style. Was curious to see what they would do with TDKR.[/QUOTE]

It was weird though cause the Begins just had his mouth colored, yet TDK had the same exact JP cover. Then an image pops up with just his mouth red on TDK.

Honestly, I didnt like the Batman Begins one with color. And thats not because I just bought the JP steelbooks.

Yeah, I didn't even realize there was a difference between the ones Zavvi posted and the JP ones, but I agree that it looks better in black and white, than in color. I still prefer those over the new covers though. The image of him holding a lifeless Rachel just doesn't fit the movie at all.

I do like the cover for Dark Knight Rises though. I might consider getting that one as I still haven't picked up the movie on BD yet.

bread's done
Back