SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
The Universal Steelbooks are Walmart Exclusive until June 25. Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.

[quote name='philmcfly']So after being backlogged on the thread, is this the correct compilation of Steels & Metals coming out in the US?

Warner Brothers Steelbooks
Tuesday - May 7, 2013
$19.99 @ Amazon & Best Buy Online
01) Batman
02) Batman Returns
03) Braveheart
04) Chinatown
05) Face/Off
06) Gladiator
07) Heat
08) Journey to the Center of the Earth
09) Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
10) Sucker Punch
11) The Town
12) True Grit
13) Watchmen

Paramount MetalPacks
Tuesday - May 7, 2013
$12.96 @ Walmart In Store & Online
01) Deep Impact
02) The Godfather
03) The Hunt For Red October
04) Transformers
05) Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
06) Mission: Impossible
07) Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
08) Patriot Games
09) Saving Private Ryan
10) War of the Worlds

Universal Reel Heroes Steelbooks
Tuesday - June 25, 2013
$13.99 @ Amazon & Best Buy & Walmart In Store + Online
01) The Big Lebowski
02) The Chronicles of Riddick
03) Death Race
04) Doom
05) Hellboy II
06) Hot Fuzz
07) Hulk
08) The Incredible Hulk
09) The Mummy
10) Paul
11) Pitch Black
12) Scarface
13) Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
14) Serenity
15) Shaun of the Dead
16) Van Helsing
[/QUOTE]
Actually there is 61 of them coming out. Here's a full list courtesy of neoz from blu-ray.com.

Universal Reel Heros Steelbooks

June 25, 2013 (available May 7 only at Walmart)

Big Lebowski
Chronicles of Riddick
Death Race
Doom
Hellboy II
Hot Fuzz
Hulk
Incredible Hulk
Mummy
Paul
Pitch Black
Scarface
Scott Pilgrim
Serenity
Shaun of the Dead
Van Helsing

Paramount Metalpaks (Walmart Exclusive)

May 7, 2012

Deep Impact
Godfather
Hunt for Red October
Mission Imossible
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Patriot Games
Saving Private Ryan
Transformers 1
Transformers 3
War of the Worlds

WB Steelbooks (reissues)

May 07,2013

Batman Begins (New Art)
Book of Eli
Dark Knight, The (New Art)
Clash of the Titans
Departed, The
Goodfellas
Gran Torino
Green Lantern (New Art)
Hangover
Hangover Part II
Inception
The Last Samurai
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Matrix (10th Anniversary)
Shawshank Redemption, The
Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Sucker Punch
V for Vendetta
Wrath of the Titans

New WB/Paramount Steelbooks

May 07, 2013

Batman
Batman Returns
Braveheart (Paramount)
Chinatown (Paramount)
Face/Off
Gladiator (Paramount)
Heat
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
The Town
True Grit (1969)
Watchmen

I checked out the steels at Walmart. Word of warning: the Transformers Steels are the single-disc editions, so you aren't getting extras.

Makes me kinda glad I imported them after all.

[quote name='DNukem170']I checked out the steels at Walmart. Word of warning: the Transformers Steels are the single-disc editions, so you aren't getting extras.

Makes me kinda glad I imported them after all.[/QUOTE]

Is the shitty movie better if you import? I keed, I keed.

[quote name='DNukem170']I checked out the steels at Walmart. Word of warning: the Transformers Steels are the single-disc editions, so you aren't getting extras.

Makes me kinda glad I imported them after all.[/QUOTE]

Most, if not all, of those Warner Steels from BB were single disc. So it isn't too surprising. Most steelbooks that we get here that are releases of older movies are single disc for some reason.

This may be my OCD but please stop calling the paramount wave from walmart "steels" they are not steelbooks. They are Metalpak's, which are vastly inferior in the quality of the cases and dent and chip very easily.

[quote name='seether254']This may be my OCD but please stop calling the paramount wave from walmart "steels" they are not steelbooks. They are Metalpak's, which are vastly inferior in the quality of the cases and dent and chip very easily.[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying but despite being a brand steelbook is a word that many people who aren't super duper collectors like myself use as an adjective to describe any metal case.

That being said all the transformers steelbooks... err.. metal packs at my Walmart were slightly damaged and didn't look as if they closed properly.

Are there any steelbooks or "metal paks" that people are more interested in then others?

I ended up picking up both transformers, watchmen, scott pilgrim, and scarface.

[quote name='GBAstar']I get what you're saying but despite being a brand steelbook is a word that many people who aren't super duper collectors like myself use as an adjective to describe any metal case.

That being said all the transformers steelbooks... err.. metal packs at my Walmart were slightly damaged and didn't look as if they closed properly.

Are there any steelbooks or "metal paks" that people are more interested in then others?

I ended up picking up both transformers, watchmen, scott pilgrim, and scarface.[/QUOTE]

steelbook is actually a brand, real steelbooks will have the steelbook brand logo on the inside of it found on their official site steelbook.com , the design and quality of a steelbook is vastly superior to that of a metalpack , as a steelbook collector im not interested in metalpacks

[quote name='henry00x']steelbook is actually a brand, real steelbooks will have the steelbook brand logo on the inside of it found on their official site steelbook.com , the design and quality of a steelbook is vastly superior to that of a metalpack , as a steelbook collector im not interested in metalpacks[/QUOTE]

I know it's a brand. I think I covered that in the first sentence when I said...

I get what you're saying but despite being a brand steelbook

It's like how everyone says "band-aid" when that is actually a brand too... or kool-aid.. etc.

I'm going to collect what's available and what I like. I'm not going to pass on a metal pak or tin if that's all that is available for a movie or game I am interested in.

That being said I was curious if any of this weeks releases / rereleases interested people more then others for whatever reason

For some reason Walmart is not getting all 16 of the Reel Heroes Steelbooks. The ones they're missing are Hot Fuzz, Hulk, The Mummy, Paul, and Shaun of the Dead.

Also Watchmen is the only Steelbook that contains interior artwork. The Universal Steelbooks all have BD, DVD, and Digital Copies. The MetalPacks are single disc and have artwork inside, at least the ones I've seen so far.

[quote name='Raven6009']For some reason Walmart is not getting all 16 of the Reel Heroes Steelbooks. The ones they're missing is Hot Fuzz, Hulk, The Mummy, Paul, and Shaun of the Dead.

Also Watchmen is the only Steelbook that contains interior artwork. The MetalPacks should all have it.[/QUOTE]

My Walmart had the Hulk. I didn't notice the others.

[quote name='GBAstar']My Walmart had the Hulk. I didn't notice the others.[/QUOTE]
Walmart has The Incredible Hulk (2008) but not Hulk (2003).

[quote name='Raven6009']Walmart has The Incredible Hulk (2008) but not Hulk (2003).[/QUOTE]

You're right it was the liv tyler one.

If Walmart is going to have an incomplete set of the Reel Heroes steelbooks, then I think I'll just order them from Amazon, as I'd need to get them from some other source to fill in the missing gaps. For the $1.03/movie difference plus trying to track them all down, I'd rather have them show up at my door.

With Walmart having the rest of them at $12.96, it makes it an easier decision to pick them up there over Amazon and Best Buy (even with Upgrade and Save).

Finding them all might be difficult unless you luck out at a Walmart first thing tomorrow morning or one that already has them out now.

Personally, I am probably going to skip them all. I already own the imported DOTM and Scott Pilgrim (Universal 100th) Steels and have the first Transformers and Hellboy II Steels being shipped. Have the first Batman Begins Steel (which has better art) and not interested in any other Batman films enough to spend $13 on them. I despise the Reel Heroes covers and wish they had brought over the other Hulk Steel (which Amazon.uk cancelled on me then jacked up the price) instead.

[quote name='shrike4242']If Walmart is going to have an incomplete set of the Reel Heroes steelbooks, then I think I'll just order them from Amazon, as I'd need to get them from some other source to fill in the missing gaps. For the $1.03/movie difference plus trying to track them all down, I'd rather have them show up at my door.[/QUOTE]

But keep in mind that Amazon rarely ever sells Steelbooks, which means they have no idea how to handle and packed them correctly like Amazon.uk and Amazon.de do. You're better off buying the ones you want from Walmart and ordering the couple from Amazon that Walmart doesn't have. Just a suggestion.

[quote name='Raven6009']But keep in mind that Amazon rarely ever sells Steelbooks, which means they have no idea how to handle and packed them correctly like Amazon.uk and Amazon.de do. You're better off buying the ones you want from Walmart and ordering the couple from Amazon that Walmart doesn't have. Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]If I buy all of them at once, they'll be packed in a box and likely dealt with properly. One-offs or a couple ordered on an order, I'm taking my chances.

I do keep in mind about Amazon possible packaging issues, though right now, my free time to trek around from Walmart to Walmart to try and find them is pretty much zero, so I'd rather deal with Amazon making a mistake than hitting multiple Walmarts to try and find what I need. I'd still need to fill in the blanks for the four Walmart isn't going to get, which means I'm still taking a chance on getting damaged items on a smaller shipment.

[quote name='GBAstar']I know it's a brand. I think I covered that in the first sentence when I said...

It's like how everyone says "band-aid" when that is actually a brand too... or kool-aid.. etc.

I'm going to collect what's available and what I like. I'm not going to pass on a metal pak or tin if that's all that is available for a movie or game I am interested in.

That being said I was curious if any of this weeks releases / rereleases interested people more then others for whatever reason[/QUOTE]

The problem is Metalpacks can be very crappy, especially on multiple disc releases. See DA: O, ME 2, & ME 3 CE's. (DA hard to close & ME 3 has to have spindles sawed down or you crack the disks taking them out.)

I've never ordered from Zavvi before and in April I ordered The Man with the Iron Fists. Dispatch date was 4/16. How long does it generally take to receive shipments from them? I also have Black Swan and Aladdin pre-ordered.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I've never ordered from Zavvi before and in April I ordered The Man with the Iron Fists. Dispatch date was 4/16. How long does it generally take to receive shipments from them? I also have Black Swan and Aladdin pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Usually takes about 2 weeks or so for me.

Picked up a few of the WB steelbooks yesterday from Walmart. They had just put em out, so I'll stop by later today to see what else they will have.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I grabbed Batman and Batman Returns. It's been so long since I've seen them. What's the deal with no Forever?[/QUOTE]

They also skipped Batman & Robin. Maybe a later wave?

Has anyone picked up the new Steelbooks at walmart today? Trying to figure out which ones come with inside art work. Specifically looking at The Town, Heat, Face/Off, and Chinatown.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Has anyone picked up the new Steelbooks at walmart today? Trying to figure out which ones come with inside art work. Specifically looking at The Town, Heat, Face/Off, and Chinatown.[/QUOTE]
The only Steelbooks that have artwork inside are Watchmen, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight. Plus all the MetalPacks have artwork if you want any of those.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Has anyone picked up the new Steelbooks at walmart today? Trying to figure out which ones come with inside art work. Specifically looking at The Town, Heat, Face/Off, and Chinatown.[/QUOTE]
Heat doesn't. My Walmart didn't have Face/Off or Chinatown yet.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Are all these WB steelbooks single disc editions? Meaning Watchment, Braveheart, etc. wouldn't come with the bonus features disc?[/QUOTE]

Yep, all the steels (not just WB, but Paramount and Universal too) are single-disc editions. Sucks, don't it?

[quote name='DNukem170']Yep, all the steels (not just WB, but Paramount and Universal too) are single-disc editions. Sucks, don't it?[/QUOTE]That's why I didn't swap out anything I already had that was a combo release or had bonus content.

I think the Dark Knight (not rises) was a dual-disc release out of the ones that had been released at Best Buy and it was one of the only ones that were dual disc, if not the only one.

The Reel Heroes discs are all BD + DVD + DC + UV DC, so they're worth an upgrade over past releases if you don't have them or only have non-combo releases.

[quote name='DNukem170']Yep, all the steels (not just WB, but Paramount and Universal too) are single-disc editions. Sucks, don't it?[/QUOTE]

Is it a DVD/Blu-ray combo disc then? Because I know several of them are Blu-ray/DVD/Ultra Violet Combos.

My Wal-Mart had them all out today. Really wish I hadn't seen the reel heroes is person. From the online pictures I was not impressed and willing to skip them but after seeing them in person they look really good. No I'm debating buying them all.

My store had a least 8 of each metal pack and the WB steelbooks but maybe 3 each of the reel heroes.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is it a DVD/Blu-ray combo disc then? Because I know several of them are Blu-ray/DVD/Ultra Violet Combos.[/QUOTE]

Most of them are just the Blu-ray. If there is a code-only Digital Copy, that is typically included.

Everything except Reel Steel Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, The Incredible Hulk, Paul, and The Mummy were out at my Wal-Mart.

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight have different covers than the initial wave of releases.

I almost bought every Warner, Paramount Metal, and Reel Steelbook, but then I looked at my shopping cart and came to (some) of my senses and only picked up the Reel Steel. At least those have actual artwork on the front (and none on the inside), come with the DVD, and have a Digital AND UltraViolet Copy. Warner Reissues and Paramounts feel like pressed pictures.

[quote name='DNukem170']Most of them are just the Blu-ray. If there is a code-only Digital Copy, that is typically included.[/QUOTE]

Okay but the Reel heroes have the DVD right (they are advertised as such so I just want to make sure)?

I think I'm going to stick with those and the transformers metal paks

[quote name='GBAstar']Okay but the Reel heroes have the DVD right (they are advertised as such so I just want to make sure)?

I think I'm going to stick with those and the transformers metal paks[/QUOTE]Reel Heroes ones are BD + DVD + DC + UV DC. Other ones are single-disc only, except for maybe The Dark Knight, assuming it's the same one as the BB previous release.

20130507203856.jpg

Today's Walmart haul. I picked up 23 total. I ended up ordering Gladiator when I got home from Amazon since it was the same price as Walmart's.

[quote name='WViking']
20130507203856.jpg

Today's Walmart haul. I picked up 23 total. I ended up ordering Gladiator when I got home from Amazon since it was the same price as Walmart's.[/QUOTE]

Daaaamn son! way to break the bank!!!

[quote name='WViking']Today's Walmart haul. I picked up 23 total. I ended up ordering Gladiator when I got home from Amazon since it was the same price as Walmart's.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I thought those ones from Universal weren't supposed to be out until June 25th?

I was thinking about getting War of the Worlds seeing as how I've been wanting to watch it and don't own it already. After seeing those pics of the metal pak I think I'll pass. Still planning on getting Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead when I find them though.

[quote name='Nogib']Weird, I thought those ones from Universal weren't supposed to be out until June 25th?[/QUOTE]

Walmart has 11 of the 16 out now. They are $12.96 in stores and maybe online. I really like the Universal / Reel Heroes steelbooks. They look better in person.

bread's done
Back