SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of question I know someone can answer in here.

2. It looks like the Zavvi Region B steels don't work in a PS3. Do big SB collectors just buy region free players or are most of you gutting and replacing with a US bluray? I REALLY want to collect the Disney ones and I can't quite figure how to go about it yet.
I've heard of people doing both, though seems to me the most cost effective thing to do would be to get a region free player. I was thinking about getting one myself, haven't looked too much into them but they seem to be fairly reasonably priced, no more than any decent 'regular' player.

1. Is the Star Trek steelbook available in Walmart by itself or only in the expensive big CE? I saw some people importing from UK and didn't know.

2. It looks like the Zavvi Region B steels don't work in a PS3. Do big SB collectors just buy region free players or are most of you gutting and replacing with a US bluray? I REALLY want to collect the Disney ones and I can't quite figure how to go about it yet.

#1 No it isnt thats why ppl imported the region free copy from the UK all of the star trek steels are region free there are 3(technically 4 if you count the taiwan version) covers my personal favorite is the Entertainment Store exclusive UK version.

#2 A region free blu ray player is wonderful you might wanna try to grab the disney steelbooks aladdin and finding nemo fast if your gonna both of those are region free, jungle book is not region free and the rest currently remain to be seen. There are several different region free(capable) bluray players most all require some code/special firmware/ other trick to make them region free some however do not see oppo players for such ones. They are however quite expensive. I've been underground collecting steels for awhile and personally have an oppo which i love. I only recently found out about the aforementioned HDN site however and used other means to get them in the past. So gl and happy hunting steelbooks look great on a shelf just be sure before you order you check out its shipped to ensure no dinging,denting, or scratching :). Zavvi, amazon uk, media market, entertainment store, and (most blu fans) ship great.

1. Is the Star Trek steelbook available in Walmart by itself or only in the expensive big CE? I saw some people importing from UK and didn't know.

#1 No it isnt thats why ppl imported the region free copy from the UK all of the star trek steels are region free there are 3(technically 4 if you count the taiwan version) covers my personal favorite is the Entertainment Store exclusive UK version.

#2 A region free blu ray player is wonderful you might wanna try to grab the disney steelbooks aladdin and finding nemo fast if your gonna both of those are region free, jungle book is not region free and the rest currently remain to be seen. There are several different region free(capable) bluray players most all require some code/special firmware/ other trick to make them region free some however do not see oppo players for such ones. They are however quite expensive. I've been underground collecting steels for awhile and personally have an oppo which i love. I only recently found out about the aforementioned HDN site however and used other means to get them in the past. So gl and happy hunting steelbooks look great on a shelf just be sure before you order you check out its shipped to ensure no dinging,denting, or scratching :). Zavvi, amazon uk, media market, entertainment store, and (most blu fans) ship great.
To my knowledge, the Star Trek ID Steel from Wal-Mart is only available in the CE, but the Steel from Amazon.co.uk is the same exact steel. Zavvi does not have a Star Trek ID Steel available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E0K3E72/ref=s9_simh_se_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=auto-no-results-center-1&pf_rd_r=05P55VFBA6T3DQSYMJ8W&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=240112507&pf_rd_i=B00E0K3E72

To my knowledge, the Star Trek ID Steel from Wal-Mart is only available in the CE, but the Steel from Amazon.co.uk is the same exact steel. Zavvi does not have a Star Trek ID Steel available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E0K3E72/ref=s9_simh_se_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=auto-no-results-center-1&pf_rd_r=05P55VFBA6T3DQSYMJ8W&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=240112507&pf_rd_i=B00E0K3E72

You are correct i ordered mine from a group buy from the entertainment store exclusive, zavvi doesnt have one. Theamazon.co.uk steel is identical, the taiwan version is like the germany version? I think without checking im on mobile but the title is at the top instead of below. My favorite is still the one with the ship falling through the atmosphere hopefully i can get the blufans version :).

I know this isn't a SB but its pretty cool

81xgUoa1UsL._SL1500_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Collectors-Edition-Blu-ray-UltraViolet/dp/B00F0N7JUG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1379224029&sr=8-5&keywords=pacific+rim

My two Rocketeer's shipped out today...oddly enough I got two shipping confirmations, do they not ship orders together?

EDIT: Spelling

ANy word yet on what store is releasing this? Im expecting BB as it looks like walmart already has there own and i believe target is doing a digibook or so ive heard.
I'll get that, though I'd love to know what the conversion is like.

I have a couple of questions for the pro SB collector's here though. Since I\m going to go after a few of the Disney SBs that I'm really fond of whats the best way to manage the whole Region B thing? Do you guys just ebay the discs in the NA packaging or by themselves? Do you keep them around? Also, since Zavvi seems to be such a great place are there often good coupons for the place? I'm just trying to figure out the most cost effective way to do it considering in many cases I just want the SB and not the discs themselves.

Got my 2 Rocketeers and 1 Starship troopers. 

So far all my steels from Zavvi have arrived in flawless condition.

Also I am selling 1 of my Rocketeers if anyone is interested in it.

In for Ponyo!

I received The Rocketeer today but not The Little Mermaid. I hope it comes tomorrow.

My first Zavvi order was Man with the Iron Fists and that never made it to me.

*edit - make that in for Ghibli!

The pages say region B though. Is that a place holder type a deal? Either way, I'll buy them anyways.

In for Ponyo!

I received The Rocketeer today but not The Little Mermaid. I hope it comes tomorrow.

My first Zavvi order was Man with the Iron Fists and that never made it to me.

*edit - make that in for Ghibli!

The pages say region B though. Is that a place holder type a deal? Either way, I'll buy them anyways.
Everything on there website says region B till its released and then sometimes afterwords. So who knows although im curious since you say your first order never got to you. What did they do about it? I got sixth sense today too but little mermaid didnt come and they released same day also ordered scott pilgrim and independence day same order scott pilgrim came yesterday and indepence day hasnt come yet.

Bought all 4. I don't even care lol

Region doesn't even matter to me since I will still buy the stand alone US releases, and put those discs in the steelbook if they are Region B.

I know it takes some time to get here so I waited 4-5 weeks and shot them an email. They basically said "Sorry, we are out of stock, here's your refund"

Kinda sucked but it was a quick and easy process. I've received everything else I've ordered no problem.

bread's done
Back