iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t realize Wandavision was over until I saw it said “Complete Series”
That's right. Basically,

the last few moments of the show lead up to the first few moments of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and provides her motivations in the movie.

Prey is up on Best Buy for $40.99, which people are griping about so consider this when the DIsney+ show steels will probably be in the $70-$80 range 

Bullmoose has the DIsney+ steels up for preorder and the prices are surprisingly nice. Blu ray is $49.99 and 4k $54.99 though they have them available for $50.97

Ah, so these aren't even exclusive to BB this time around. Nevermind, will be overproduced to hell and worthless. Bargain bin by next year.

Walmart also has them all as well, 4k sets for $45, blu for $40

I’m considering joining DMC for these, there’s always exclusives and 4K titles i can get in the future as commitment titles

Does the movie selection change when you join? I couldn't find these in the catalog
Yes, when I joined 4k wasn’t part of the initial offer at all and even blu ray seems to be limited in the initial offers (I had to wait to be a “member” to get Cool Runnings, for example). Once you’re in though they regularly offer buy 1 get 40 or 50 percent off. Only the full price counts toward your commitment though.

Overall it’s not bad, if you want the exclusive physical releases you’ll probably be alright with the overall cost. Then again, with how expensive Best Buy and other retailers are getting with physical media, they aren’t nearly as overpriced as they used to be with that buy1get1 deal.

4K steelbooks are all sold out on DMC. I've never seen that before, so I guess these are selling very well.

*Heads Up!*  For people who don’t know yet, some sad news today Best Buy announced they’re not going to sell movies anymore instore and online. This will all happen starting early 2024. This will be the last Black Friday we’re goin to get movies from them. Thanks for the memories Bestbuy

Hopefully that means SBs won't be BB exclusives anymore, which also hopefully means that they'll go on sale more often.  OR, mainstream SBs will die off without BB there to prop them up.  Either way, my wallet will rejoice!

Hopefully that means SBs won't be BB exclusives anymore, which also hopefully means that they'll go on sale more often. OR, mainstream SBs will die off without BB there to prop them up. Either way, my wallet will rejoice!
I see it as the other way that since Best Buy will be out the game, other retailers will follow suit. Which means physical movies will be a very niche market and increase the pricing of any Steelbook editions going forward.

I see it as the other way that since Best Buy will be out the game, other retailers will follow suit. Which means physical movies will be a very niche market and increase the pricing of any Steelbook editions going forward.
I'm sure non-US retailers like Zavvi or other niche stores will continue to carry them. Their prices are already high since they carry their own exclusives, so I really don't see those places jacking up prices simply because BB is out. I already don't buy Zavvi or other overseas exclusives because of how expensive they are, plus the risk of receiving one that's damaged whether through poor QC or shipping. At least with places like BB, even with some exclusives pushing the $40 mark these days, I can always easily return it if I get a crappy copy.

I also think that if places like Target and Amazon continue to sell SBs, at least there's a bigger chance of a sale, or at least coupons for the former, which is what I was getting at. I've found that BB usually doesn't put them on sale until they're old or OOS. There's also the added benefit of not having the super short 15 day return window.

I think every part of the chain that makes movies has wanted to move away from physical to digital for a long time. This seems like the beginning of the end of easily attainable physical media.

This isn't even close to the beginning of the end, this is easily halfway through. There is one disc replication facility in north america, there are only two major distributors of media that supply all the stores left that sell, etc etc.

I can easily attain physical media right now. This is the beginning of the end of that. Perhaps it's because I'm in a big city, but I've never found DVDs or blu rays to be missing in big box stores. I am aware that they've been trying to wind down production for a long time.

The Disney 100th Anniversary 4K Steelbooks are all now $9.99 at Best Buy, in store pickup only is the downside but a pretty damn good deal if you can find them in stock around you.

yup the $9.99 pricepoint was enough to make me bite on the few I didn't have in 4K already, gonna redeem the points and sell off the digital copies I already have

if you are talking about the $5 bins most of them are blu yes but I am also referring to them putting up new releases and catalog titles, again most of those are 4K too

the initial list prices for some titles are marked up, just like amazon does, but get lowered closer to release. but they don't handle it like Best Buy or Amazon do and give you the lower price if you already have preordered. New 4K releases have been $35 - $40 like Best Buy was charging.

I am in a bunch of steelbook groups on Facebook and people are going insane over the $5 steels. Most of the titles I already own but a lot are titles I don't care about. If I happen to be in a store I will see what they have but I am not going to drive all over town just to hunt them down.

Its really a bunch of old reprints, former Best Buy exclusives. Someone got a packing slip from one of the walmart pallets and most stores got 1-2 copies of each title so probably not worth driving all around town for. Can't remember a lot of them but off the top of my head I can recall - Knives Out, T2, Sicario, Belly - probably about twenty titles in total.

Other than the $5 steels they also re-released the Mondo Marvel 4K steels, those are $35 each though. People have been snatching those up too. Good thing for my wallet that I don't care for the Mondo artwork.

bread's done
Back