iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite part about Justice League is I had mine preordered since February to avoid the store rush issues. And they bsckordered my preorder.

Those seem to be the Zaavi releases
Disney releases are region free
$35 is pretty standard for Disney steelbooks with 4K. These are just blu but because these are mondo art, former import releases and FYE usually has about a $5 markup (mainly mall locations) these are priced about right. Their exclusives usually sit for a bit because they are import re-releases and priced high so there’s a chance they may go on sale at some point

I'm guessing the Disney mondos are just import versions and won't come with a digital copy at all, right? If it did that would help justify the price for it or 4k copy with it would be nice too.

Are you talking mondo only? I’ve bought a lot of 3D blus from Zavvi and Amazon UK, all region free. The only thing I know that’s region locked is Ratatouille 3D

Picked up my in store order for Alien at lunch a little while ago, no other copies out on the shelves
Plenty of all of the Captain America steelbooks though. Those will sit around for a while I’m sure so I’ll just wait for a sale

Picked up my in store order for Alien at lunch a little while ago, no other copies out on the shelves
Plenty of all of the Captain America steelbooks though. Those will sit around for a while I’m sure so I’ll just wait for a sale
Can't wait for that $30 sale.

/s

The Avengers 4K steelbooks are $24.99 right now there’s a chance the Cap steelbooks could get there if they sit long enough
Sarcasm aside $30 for a 4K marvel steel is not really a bad price point considering how much 4K titles are priced anywhere from $25-$28

The Avengers 4K steelbooks are $24.99 right now there’s a chance the Cap steelbooks could get there if they sit long enough
Sarcasm aside $30 for a 4K marvel steel is not really a bad price point considering how much 4K titles are priced anywhere from $25-$28
I'm seeing the 4K steelbooks at $29.99 and the Blu-Ray steelbooks at $24.99. Was it a flash sale or something to get the 4K steelbooks at $24.99 each?

I might be in the wrong here, to my own detriment, but I think $35 or even $30, even with a SteelBook case, is a bit high for a catalog title release. I know the rebuttal would be, "but, Disney" but they've been sitting there for a while because I think lots of people share with me.

But throw them in some sort of BOGO and I'm all in. I'll be over here, holding my breath. :)

Do you think I could flip the original BB steelbooks for Cap:WS and Cap:CW via Facebook or Craigslist for enough to upgrade to the 4K versions? Mine are both opened and the digital codes have been used. I am also pretty sure they are in excellent shape.

Thanks

Do you think I could flip the original BB steelbooks for Cap:WS and Cap:CW via Facebook or Craigslist for enough to upgrade to the 4K versions? Mine are both opened and the digital codes have been used. I am also pretty sure they are in excellent shape.

Thanks
Definitely but I would try Mercari

I might be in the wrong here, to my own detriment, but I think $35 or even $30, even with a SteelBook case, is a bit high for a catalog title release. I know the rebuttal would be, "but, Disney" but they've been sitting there for a while because I think lots of people share with me.

But throw them in some sort of BOGO and I'm all in. I'll be over here, holding my breath. :)
One thing I enjoy is knowing that when I double-dip to replace something vaulted, I can usually get about half the cost back selling it. Did that with TLM recently, much to my surprise.

I'm seeing the 4K steelbooks at $29.99 and the Blu-Ray steelbooks at $24.99. Was it a flash sale or something to get the 4K steelbooks at $24.99 each?
I was in Best Buy yesterday to pick up my Alien 4K steel yesterday and saw the shelf tags marked $24.99. I didn’t look closer as I was in a rush, had no interest in them

I mean it all depends on the studio, title and format. Aside from the “Disney tax” you also pay the extra for the steelbook packaging.
I mean I could’ve paid $16.99 for the regular Alien 4K amaray release yesterday but I chose to spend the extra $6 for the steelbook.
But with the recent Marvel catalog 4K releases they’ve been sitting a bit but not necessarily because people are waiting, watching the blu ray forums folks are still preordering as soon as they can and going to the stores on release day, they’re just being produced to the extent that they’re meant to occupy store shelves for a bit. Steelbook collecting isn’t what it used to be. The days of limited or rare titles is pretty much gone save for the rare weird cases like Bumblebee or 2001. Going to my local Best Buy there are so many steelbooks on shelves which have been sitting since release or have been re-released. I just went on the Best Buy app and looked at the steelbooks available at my closest store and almost all of them, not just the Disney titles, are still full retail

Thanks
Looks like the Civll War steel is about $30-$35 preowned on eBay, Winter Soldier about $35-$45

Batman 4K film collection $89.99 @ Best Buy.

batman-4k-steelbook-collection.jpg

Walmart is reprinting the previously released John Wick 1 & John Wick 2 Steelbooks with $8 credit on Atom for John Wick 3 and two replica coins from the movie.  

I also saw new Steelbook artwork for Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom at Walmart. 

y3BoO1G.jpg

I'd probably pick up the Godzilla 4K steelbook if it was under $20.  $25 is too steep for me and I have to draw a line in the sand somewhere.

That Jurassic world steel is much better that the one Best Buy has but i passed since no 4K and I’ll just wait for a big 4K set once the next movie comes out, hopefully better artwork than the Best Buy release
By the way that JW steel came out in February with a couple other universal titles - ET, Scarface and Skyscraper.

That Detective Pikachu steel is sweet. I’m not a Pokémon fan but saw the movie with my son at a screening and it’s cute, fun and funny. Best video game movie so far.

I did enjoy the movie, nothing great but enjoyable nonetheless. I was expecting better 3D since it was from Rodriguez and Cameron though. Definitely getting this though. Gotta show support especially at the price that a 4K steelbook is usually going for without 3D

bread's done
Back