iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Still mad that I bought all of those MCU steelbooks for $35 apiece and can't do anything about it now grrrrr....

but you can't win em all. Just glad to have a good deal now. Those steelbooks were vital to my collection, could have sold out immediately, and then skyrocketed to $100-150 apiece. You never know with these things.
For me the worst part is what to do with copies you're replacing. IDK what to do with the original BDs now that nobody seems to take them for trade-in and eBay I'd end up making so little it's not worth my time. Can't just toss them. . .ugh.

For me the worst part is what to do with copies you're replacing. IDK what to do with the original BDs now that nobody seems to take them for trade-in and eBay I'd end up making so little it's not worth my time. Can't just toss them. . .ugh.
I know what you mean.

The best thing you can do is go onto a B/S/T forum or thread and sell a phat stack of 10-20 movies in bulk for a discount. Listing, selling, and mailing them individually isn't going to be worth the effort. So sell the lot at $5-8 per disc if they're complete with case and artwork. It shouldn't be too hard if you list it in the right place and put a few good ones in there; I sold a couple giant stacks of BDs on the Kidrobot forums that way a few years ago. (They were regular blu-rays that I had replaced with steelbook purchases, believe it or not. heh) Granted it's going to be harder now, since discs sell for so much cheaper than they used to.

But you just gotta go to a b/s/t where people like to spend and list a lot of discs together from a similar genre or interest.

Ugh, yeah. Maybe I can just give them to my sister for her kids. . .except they have D+ free from Verizon FML. Such a blessing and a curse now for Disney movies lol.

looks like i have return and rebuy with today DOTD. Buy 2 get 1 FREE 4k movies. ordered all 3 Iron Man steelbooks. gonna check out the $15 and $20 disney steelbook movies.

looks like i have return and rebuy with today DOTD. Buy 2 get 1 FREE 4k movies. ordered all 3 Iron Man steelbooks. gonna check out the $15 and $20 disney steelbook movies.
AGAIN? Was the first time not enough for you Best Buy? Must I buy all of them?

I passed on all the Pixar steels, couldn’t get past the horrid artwork even at those prices. I already own most of the previous blu steels with superior artwork so I’ll just buy 4K discs on eBay for the blu ray forums and throw them in the old, better steels I already have

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker 4K SteelBook is up for pre-order.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-steelbookdig-copy4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-rayonly-best-buy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-2019/6391394.p?skuId=6391394

6391394_sa.jpg

Hopefully we'll get better photos soon.

I did it but only because it's the last one and I have them all in steelbooks thus far. So much wasted potential but I seriously hope Knights of Ren get more development through spinoffs or games. fucking pissed the movie didn't go the way I was hoping at all.

It's amazing when i hear that because i loved it bunches ‍♂
Important thing to note is this isn't JJ's fault at all. They went into this series with no plan, not years of sketching out like the original six films were and switched directors midway. Had they some vision for this arch from the start, there is so much more they could have done better and not had to rush and convolute the shit out of this finale. It had lots of good stuff in there, but they had zero time to make it work. Hundreds of plot holes and just absolute nonsense. The film is what happens when your sister stumbles upon your GI Joes and plays with them.

In short, fuck Kathleen Kennedy.

Important thing to note is this isn't JJ's fault at all. They went into this series with no plan, not years of sketching out like the original six films were and switched directors midway. Had they some vision for this arch from the start, there is so much more they could have done better and not had to rush and convolute the shit out of this finale. It had lots of good stuff in there, but they had zero time to make it work. Hundreds of plot holes and just absolute nonsense. The film is what happens when your sister stumbles upon your GI Joes and plays with them.

In short, fuck Kathleen Kennedy.
Oh, I totally agree. There were a bunch of things that seemed off for me through the trilogy. But nothing that would make me sit back and scoff at it as a whole. Last Jedi, ok, that thing was a John Travolta gif. But i still enjoyed it. And i loved a lot of what Rise did.

The Last Jedi also had terrible reception and they definitely over printed those steelbooks. Just because it's Star Wars I'm assuming it will have a high print run.

It will be interesting to see whether stores have a ton of these (like the prior Marvel 4K steelbooks) or they lower the quantity based on the overstock from the last releases. If there are a lot I will just wait for the magic $14.99 price again.

It will be interesting to see whether stores have a ton of these (like the prior Marvel 4K steelbooks) or they lower the quantity based on the overstock from the last releases. If there are a lot I will just wait for the magic $14.99 price again.
I was about to say that I would probably just buy the regular 4K version of the movie and keep my existing SteelBook but I realized my original SteelBook is also 4K. Is there any benefit to owning this one as well, except for the fact that it has different art???

Is there any benefit to owning this one as well, except for the fact that it has different art???
I doubt it. The recent batch of 4K steels with this art style (movie poster on the front and some object of importance from the movie on the back) was at first just being done for the films that never had 4K to begin with, but I guess they're now going to do the rest of the movies in the same style. Part of me kind of wants them just to have them all match, but I'll have to pass since I've already spent so much on these films, and the Marvel Best Buy steels have had 4K in them from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 onward, so I've already got everything in 4K now.

I wouldn't worry about the Joker steelbook at all; there will definitely be new artwork and additional printings for that one in the future.   I'm waiting on this one and going to rent the 4K UHD from Redbox for $2.50 instead. 

Zavvi just announced Exclusive Hulk and incredible Hulk 4k steelbooks and a box-set coming soon.

[attachment=33635:EQAjyJ1X4AALR1p.jpg]

[attachment=33634:EQAjyL2W4AcRsqj.jpg]

[attachment=33636:EQAjmYmU8AAhG4V.jpg]

Knives Out is $30 right now instead of $35. I went ahead and picked one up. It's a great looking steelbook. You can't see it in the Best Buy product images, but the top, bottom, and right side of it are made to look like pages of a book. It also has a plastic slipcover with all the movie info on it, so as to not ruin the look of the steelbook case itself being an old crime novel.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/knives-out-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-2019/6395105.p?skuId=6395105

Knives Out is $30 right now instead of $35. I went ahead and picked one up. It's a great looking steelbook. You can't see it in the Best Buy product images, but the top, bottom, and right side of it are made to look like pages of a book. It also has a plastic slipcover with all the movie info on it, so as to not ruin the look of the steelbook case itself being an old crime novel.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/knives-out-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-2019/6395105.p?skuId=6395105
This may be my favorite steelbook that I own (based on awesomeness of steelbook design and awesomeness of the movie).

By the way it seems to be pretty hard to find now - all stores within 250 miles of me appear sold out.

It's like the Mad Max Fury Road saga all over again. I never did get my Steelbook from that preorder.

I failed to preorder Knives Out, so I guess I'll just have to hope they stumble onto more stock or reprint it. I think Zombieland 2 went from Sold Out on release week to available to ship the following week. So maybe there's hope it'll come back.

It's like the Mad Max Fury Road saga all over again. I never did get my Steelbook from that preorder.

I failed to preorder Knives Out, so I guess I'll just have to hope they stumble onto more stock or reprint it. I think Zombieland 2 went from Sold Out on release week to available to ship the following week. So maybe there's hope it'll come back.
Ford Vs Ferrari sold out initially, then came back very briefly towards the end of release week, but it appears to be sold out again.

Best Buy messed up so many in-store Pick Up Pre-Orders. I almost have the feeling they have to print more copies just because of their screw up.
They won't; doesn't quite work that way. I've fallen off the SB train now that BB is gouging for these prices consistently but would've flipped this one given the rarity lol.

I have last years FYE Incredible Hulk steelbook, it’s Universal

In regards to Knives Out, poster over on the blu ray boards said it popped back up to order for in store pick up, so keep an eye on the site

bread's done
Back