SterlingIce's Lowball: AUCTION OVER, ITEMS SHIPPING! (Ended Sat 5/19)

Updated thru post 100.

Good news, everyone! Found the manual for Metroid Prime 2 so it now comes with the manual. It's still plastered with EBGames stickers all over but it now comes with a healthy dose of manual.

SI

Bargain bin is "up" or, rather, down. Not a lot of stuff but could be interesting.

I moved a couple of the items down from above into the bargain bin but nothing with bids on it as I don't think that's fair to the people who have already bid (tho I made an executive decision and PM'd one person about if they wanted one item moved since it would fit with the other items- it's their choice).

Different rules in the bargain bin: $0.25 bid/$0.25 raise, still $3 for first ship but $0.25 additional. So, if the only item you win is out of the bargain bin, it's $3 shipping. But as long as you win anything else, then something out of the bargain bin only costs you $0.25 (as you pay the $3 with your first item).

I don't expect to move anything else down as I still want some freebies available at the end of the auction. I just did a quick back of the napkin count and of the 104 items in the standard auction, only 25 are without bids.

I guess maybe if we get down to the last hour, I might move some stuff into there just to see if it might move. Any thoughts?

SI

.25 cents on each of the five atari games and .25 on crash 2 disc only.

Just confirming though, shipping is .25 each on these as long as we win something else, right?

Updated thru #103

[quote name='sterlingice']Pictures linked to NES and some other items. Will do more as time allows.

Looks like I need to get pictures for the follow NES backs, based on my descriptions:
Shadowgate
Mission: Impossible
Double Dribble
Super Mario Bros 3

SI[/QUOTE]

Took pictures of all of these and they are now linked. Also took a picture of Sonic 2 but I don't see what was wrong with it. And added all the pictures for the Bargain Bin items.

[quote name='Bing147'].25 cents on each of the five atari games and .25 on crash 2 disc only.

Just confirming though, shipping is .25 each on these as long as we win something else, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct!

Now it's well past time for sleep.

SI

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Big Map only-$0.25
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Map only-$0.25
Sealed Playstation 2 Demo disc-$0.25
Wild Arms Alter Code: F - Box and cover-$0.25
"Weird" Al Yankovic CD-$0.25

Updated thru post #106

Also, wanting to clarify: The title said the auction was ending Sat 5/19 but the rules said "Saturday 5/20". Saturday is the 19th and the auction ends on the 19th. I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear: Auction ends tomorrow night so as not to conflict with any other lowballs (except the Comic Lowball, which ends later in the evening).

SI

ATARI
Combat $0.50
Outlaw $0.50
Pole Position II $0.50
River Raid $0.50
Stampede $0.50
Dreamcast
Space Channel 5 $0.50

NES
Super Mario 2 $5
The Legend of Zelda $4
Zelda 2 $6
Metroid $5
Metroid $1
Mega Man 6 $11
Tetris $1
Super Spike V'Ball/Nintendo World Cup $1
Operation Wolf $2
Baseball Stars $2
Pac-Man (Tengen) $1
Millipede $1
Mission: Impossible $1
Rambo $1

SNES
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past $7
SimCity $1
SimCity good Condition $2
Lemmings $1

Genesis
Eternal Champions $1

GameCube
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $5

Playstation 2
Final Fantasy XI - $21

Updated thru #110.

Also, Pac-Man has been moved down to the Bargain Bin and has a bid of $0.50 from Rexall. That was the one I mentioned above: "tho I made an executive decision and PM'd one person about if they wanted one item moved since it would fit with the other items- it's their choice"

Less than a day and a half left to go

SI

pstwo.gif
Suikoden III - Box and cover only with remnants of large sticker on the back- .25
pstwo.gif
Wild Arms Alter Code: F - Box and cover with big Hollywood video sticker on it but it's 2 discs and has the bonus anime disc (no game disc, tho)- .50

Updated thru post #121

Less than 12 hours to go!

So, here's how this is going to go:

• I have to pack all day today so there will be maybe one or two more updates throughout the day, at most
  • There will be one final update where I catch up with bids somewhere between 7 and 8pm ET and I announce we're in the final push
  • Then I'm going to eat dinner and grab a shower. This will take anywhere from 30~60 minutes, depending on what else I'm doing at the time. Then I'll announce the end of the auction.
  • Results will be tallied and invoices sent out soon thereafter
SI

[quote name='Potatoeman']Ohhh, sweet! I happen to have found a Wild Arms Alter Code F MISSING the anime disc this week! Hopefully I can win it![/QUOTE]

outbid me and its yours. I won't fight you on it!!!;)

[quote name='EveningNewbs']The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (I'm allergic to nuts) - $9[/QUOTE]

Lonsta already beat you to that bid

SI

I took a bit of time away from packing to highlight the 10 best "bargains" that I see on the board, if I were looking at this lowball trying to bid.
This was totally not an exercise in avoiding packing for a half hour

nes.gif
Tetris - Complete in box, but it shows a bit of wear as does manual; all smells a bit smokey, unfortunately [PIC1] [PIC2] [PIC3] $1 Rexall
I'm sure the smoke is what is scaring people off and as someone allergic to smoke, I get that.

nes.gif
Ultima: Exodus - good condition $2 MasaTFC
Usually goes for a bit more than this in auction. Frankly, I found the game fun and unbalance until you reach level 5. Then it's impossible and unbalanced :(

nes.gif
Baseball Simulator 1.000 - a couple of marks on the front, some sticker residue on front, old Gamestop sticker on back
snes.gif
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball - good condition, game store sticker on back sticker
Neither are from the neo-Playstation generation where a "new" sports game came out every year. I'm still somewhat surprised neither have a bid yet.

nes.gif
Shadowgate - faded name, address, and phone number in marker on back (fairly large) $2 MasaTFC
Similar to Ultima- an RPG that usually goes for a little more. As an aside, I really think a lot of Nintendo DS "puzzle book" games like Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, 999, Hotel Dusk, etc, owe their gaming DNA to Shadowgate and some other early PC games.

snes.gif
Super Mario World - good condition but with 1" white marker/scuff on bottom of cartridge $2 Lonsta
snes.gif
Yoshi's Island - slight sticker damage and some scratches on cart $5 Lonsta
n64.gif
Super Mario 64 - 2 smallish scratches on front and slightly through sticker $4 Lonsta
None in perfect condition but absolute steals at these prices

:gba: NES Classics: Ice Climbers - unopened (has KMart price tag) $6 BLink
It's starting to get up there in price for an old lowball but it's also mint with shrink wrap. The NES classics are a gorgeous set and I'm glad to have all of them on a shelf

ps1.gif
Tekken - Complete long box but with big crack on bottom third of front; If there's filler padding in the long box, it's missing that [PIC1] [PIC2] [PIC3] [PIC4] [PIC5] $2 Wchillinman
There's the giant crack to be sure. But it's a Playstation longbox of the original game of one of the biggest fighting series ever.

ps1.gif
Final Fantasy Origins - Complete but Jewel case has one big crack and an inventory sticker on back and small price sticker on front $3 clonesniper666
The CD case might be cracked but that's easily replaced.

ps1.gif
Gran Turismo 2 (GH) - In pristine condition with both manuals and both discs
This one's in great shape. The only reason it's here is because I had to decide between a good condition black label and a barely touched GH and decided to go with the black label.

:gc: Metroid Prime (GH) - sealed with price stickers on $1 EveningNewbs
pstwo.gif
Xenosaga (GH) - sealed with price stickers on $2 jimijumper
The Yellow Label for Player's Choice games on the Gamecube is pretty ugly. However, Metroid Prime is one of the absolute best games of last generation and it's completely sealed up. Xenosaga is one of the better movi-- er... RPGs from last generation and similarly still sealed.

SI

Super Mario Advance 4 e-reader cards, Series 1 - complete, unopened but packaging somewhat bent $6
Super Mario Advance 4 e-reader cards, Series 2 - complete, unopened but packaging somewhat bent $6

Spyro The Dragon (GH) - Complete but Jewel case hinge is broken so if you open jewel case, it splits into two pieces $1
Metroid Prime (GH) - sealed with price stickers on $5
Xenosaga (GH) - sealed with price stickers on $6

nes.gif
The Legend of Zelda -$6
Super Mario Bros 2 - $6
nes.gif
Metroid (massive sticker damage) - $2
snes.gif
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (DEEZ NUTZ) - $6
snes.gif
F-Zero - $4

[quote name='lain21us']Spyro The Dragon (GH) - Complete but Jewel case hinge is broken so if you open jewel case, it splits into two pieces $1
Metroid Prime (GH) - sealed with price stickers on $5
Xenosaga (GH) - sealed with price stickers on $6[/QUOTE]

[quote name='clonesniper666']Xenosaga (GH) - $4[/QUOTE]

Higher or equal bids had already been made

SI

Updated thru post #139!

Ok- slight modification to what I said yesterday.

This is your ~one hour warning.

It's not exactly one hour but somewhere in the next hour the auction will end.
This is also the final update of the first post until after the auction is over.

I'll be on once to give a "less than 15 minutes left" warning (this is the modification: I'll give one more warning when we're down to very limited time left)

Then, the next time I post (unless there's a rules clarification or something I can't foresee), it'll be a blindingly obvious pencils down, auction over post.

Results will be tallied, invoices sent out via PM and put in the 4th post. I'll do invoices in the order of winnings (highest total gets first invoice).

Once invoices are out, it's first come/first serve on "free items". Everyone gets one free item of their choosing (until they're gone). So you'll want to pay your invoice as soon as possible to get the best choice.

SI

[quote name='Cthulhu']Also, for the record, I kinda feel giving a 15 minutes left warning kinda ruins the point of a rolling end. >.>[/QUOTE]
^ this

not hating, just saying

[quote name='Cthulhu']Also, for the record, I kinda feel giving a 15 minutes left warning kinda ruins the point of a rolling end. >.>[/QUOTE]

There isn't a rolling end

I thought an auction that's set to end between a two hour period was a rolling end. I might be using the wrong term for it. Disregard me if I'm speaking nonsense.

[quote name='MasaTFC']^ this

not hating, just saying[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm new to the whole lowball having thing. I've bid in a few but I guess not enough to pick up the finer points.

I just went back and re-read the rules so I think you guys are right about that:

EDIT: There will be no final warning. It will just end when I make a post stating it is over (will be in about 1/2 hour as previous stated)

SI

bread's done
Back