SterlingIce's Lowball: AUCTION OVER, ITEMS SHIPPING! (Ended Sat 5/19)

[quote name='MasaTFC']thats badass! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I get it if people have to go out and buy boxes and whatnot- that stuff costs money. But ,as stated originally, you're going to be getting a used envelope or box with used packing material as I'm trying to get rid of the whole lot of it. It took a lot of ebay, Amazon, and CAG'ing to get my collection to where it is and I kept a lot of the envelopes because I started realizing I was building up this pile :D

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']I get it if people have to go out and buy boxes and whatnot- that stuff costs money. But ,as stated originally, you're going to be getting a used envelope or box with used packing material as I'm trying to get rid of the whole lot of it. It took a lot of ebay, Amazon, and CAG'ing to get my collection to where it is and I kept a lot of the envelopes because I started realizing I was building up this pile :D

SI[/QUOTE]

hey man, I am all about the reusing of envelopes and other packing goods. Whatever works better for you is great I say, and the fact that you are willing to adjust shipping is great!

[quote name='Bing147']Where do we send pmnt to.[/QUOTE]

That's going to be in the invoice I PM. I didn't want to float my email into the thread where you get all sort of spam spiders grabbing it. I already get enough spam as is. Same email address can be used for Paypal or Amazon Payments.

I'm about to start sending invoices and should be done in the next hour.

Once paid, I'll lock in your free item(s) in post 4 and take it off the board.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']That's going to be in the invoice I PM. I didn't want to float my email into the thread where you get all sort of spam spiders grabbing it. I already get enough spam as is. Same email address can be used for Paypal or Amazon Payments.

I'm about to start sending invoices and should be done in the next hour.

Once paid, I'll lock in your free item(s) in post 4 and take it off the board.

SI[/QUOTE]

This is a weird question, but could I send part of it amazon and part of it PP? have a little cash in each and it would be nice to empty them out rather than dive into my bank account.

I wouldn't mind taking a couple of the cases off of your hands. I'll take the 2x Gamecube Disc case and the 2x PS2 Disc case. (I'll pay the additional .25c for the extra case)

[quote name='Potatoeman']I wouldn't mind taking a couple of the cases off of your hands. I'll take the 2x Gamecube Disc case and the 2x PS2 Disc case. (I'll pay the additional .25c for the extra case)[/QUOTE]

Just send me back a PM with what you want to add along with your invoice and payment and I'll add it in and take it off the list.

SI

[quote name='Cthulhu']So I can pay and snag a free item quicker do you have any estimate on what the additional shipping will be to Canada?[/QUOTE]

Not right off the bat- if you want to hit up USPS's site and try to get an estimate, be my guest. It'll be coming from zip code 46235

SI

[quote name='MasaTFC']This is a weird question, but could I send part of it amazon and part of it PP? have a little cash in each and it would be nice to empty them out rather than dive into my bank account.[/QUOTE]

Sure- no worries. It's a little extra on the fees but not too terrible

SI

USPS is giving me weird numbers that seem too high to be realistic on such a small item. I can't imagine it being more then 7 dollars for a single cart. Even that seems a bit extreme considering the cheap things I've won shipped from US in the past. Anyone with some more insight would be appreciated. :)

[quote name='Cthulhu']So I can pay and snag a free item quicker do you have any estimate on what the additional shipping will be to Canada?[/QUOTE]

heres some info on shipping for canadians (to and from I assume)
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/19506.aspx

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here, Here and Here

all props go to CAG maigoyume, whose sig I borrowed for this info. You both should check it out!

Thanks a lot Masa, that's very helpful. Given those rates according to that guide I clearly paid too much for shipping. Oh Sterling, you monster! :O

Kidding, of course. Looks like it'll work out though. I'll be sure to sig that information. :)

A couple of free items off the board now as people are paying tonight. I'm trying to update as soon as I can but I also need to grab a shower and sleep.

So, the plan for the rest of the night is to finish answering PMs, grab a shower, head to sleep, and check again in the morning.

Thanks again, all, for the great participation! I genuinely enjoyed this!

SI

[quote name='Cthulhu']Thanks a lot Masa, that's very helpful. Given those rates according to that guide I clearly paid too much for shipping. Oh Sterling, you monster! :O

Kidding, of course. Looks like it'll work out though. I'll be sure to sig that information. :)[/QUOTE]

ah crap on a cracker. was hoping to get that up before you went and paid for shipping!

You should put that in your sig for sure. it would def entice folks to ship outside the US. It will come in handy if you win stuff in the group lowball tomorrow!!!!!!

True enough, though what I'm winning from you will be a gift to someone in the states. So...everybody wins! But yeah, this will help convince people to ship up north most definitely. :)

[quote name='Cthulhu']True enough, though what I'm winning from you will be a gift to someone in the states. So...everybody wins! But yeah, this will help convince people to ship up north most definitely. :)[/QUOTE]

a gift? thats super nice of you!

(fyi, you should adjust your sig so it doesn't rep the copy/paste job I did for that other members sig. unless you give props to them!)

Also, I want to give feedback for payment tonight but I'm falling asleep at the keyboard so I ask your patience for a night and I'll do it tomorrow :)

SI

Shower then sleep. This is probably last call for tonight as I think I'm caught up with all the payments and PMs I have already.

As a courtesy to others, once you pay, could you post the free item you want as I won't be awake to update it until morning. Thanks!

SI

I want Baseball Simulator for my freebie. And, if it's only 50 cents extra, Rocketeer.

On a related note, any way to replace labels on NES/SNES/Genesis carts that are torn?

I am caught up with payments and PMs and will now be packing items for the next hour, getting them ready for tomorrow's shipping.

Exactly half: 12 of 24 buyers have paid. Thank you very much for the speedy payment! :D

Reminders for the other 12 will go out tonight. Speaking of reminders: payment needs to be received by Wednesday

I have left positive feedback for the 12 who have paid and would appreciate reciprocating positive feedback when you receive your items. If there are any issues, please let me know via PM.

One warning: Being in the process of moving, my internet access will be on and off over the next 2 weeks, starting Thursday (Now that Wednesday payment date makes a lot more sense!), but I'll be able to check every couple of days at the very least.

SI

Ok, 14 boxes and envelopes packed. Let me know if you haven't received payback yet but I think I got everyone who has paid :)

10 more to go. It would be greatly appreciated if you could pay and pick a free item today. That way I can get everything shipped tomorrow

SI

There are some ugly packaging jobs in the pile but it should all get the job done :)

Tomorrow, I'm headed to the post office to send off the first batch:
Rexall
Potatoeman
clonesniper666
Rozz
Wchillinman
Lonsta
EveningNewbs
MasaTFC
Bing147
The Lord of Awesome
Dark Lord Greg
xgrimx
Cthulhu
beane316
AugustAPC
goodnight144
BLink

I need an address from:
lain21us

I need payment (and free item pick) from the following by Wednesday (earlier if at all possible!)
:
therealdanhill
sdragon
speedracer
laotahn
youruglyclone
jimijumper

I have left positive feedback for everyone who has paid. Let me know if you have paid and I missed feedback for you

SI

Headed to the post office. I received the only address I needed and sdragon's made it onto the pile. So, below is the tally:

The following are all going to the post office today:
Rexall
Potatoeman
clonesniper666
Rozz
Wchillinman
Lonsta
EveningNewbs
MasaTFC
Bing147
The Lord of Awesome
Dark Lord Greg
xgrimx
Cthulhu
beane316
AugustAPC
goodnight144
BLink
sdragon
lain21us

I need payment (and free item pick) from the following by Wednesday (earlier if at all possible!)
:
therealdanhill
speedracer
laotahn
youruglyclone
jimijumper

SI

FYI: A lot of stuff went priority mail with an ETA of Wednesday or Thursday. If it was less than $1 difference, I just moved it up to priority instead of parcel post. The latest expected delivery for anything is Saturday, according to the receipt.

Lessons Learned from Shipping:

• Canada is going to run $4.90 because they won't accept flat envelope rate since the item is rigid. And delivery confirmation is $0.85 more so I ballparked it pretty good. However, I need to fill out a customs form so it won't go out until tomorrow or Wednesday.
  • I probably should have stuck with the $1.50 additional instead of $1 but oh well. I'm going to lose $20 roughly on shipping but that's not a big deal. A decent amount of that was me bumping things up to priority instead of parcel. That alone probably cost me $10 total.
  • Shipping gets aggregated over the entire auction and the $3/$1.50 is a pretty good estimate. Not everyone pays the correct amount on the nose but in the end, it comes out pretty close with a few over and a few under.
  • Here's a rough chart of what items cost. Remember, each includes $0.85 shipping confirmation or $0.75 with priority. I can only imagine if you go and get your own packing materials:
    • 1~2 game padded envelope: $3~$4
    • ~5 game padded envelope: ~$6
    • 6~8 game box: ~$9
    • 10+ game box: ~$11
  • The "larger" boxes seem like a sweet spot. The 5~8 game box and envelope seems like they don't scale as well. You pay $4 just to ship and $3 each for the first couple of pounds. Then it evens out as long as your box doesn't get too big.
  • If there's some ninja trick to send stuff cheaper, please clue me in. I feel like I was paying too much from what others pay on ebay, Amazon, etc. Where did I go wrong? Was it going USPS? But it's not like UPS or FedEx are cheap, especially for smaller items. Is there some discount I don't know about? Or some type of shipping that I should have used?
  • Patient post office workers in a slow suburban post office on a Monday morning are priceless :)
SI

Delivery Confirmation is .19 if you use Online Shipping, and FREE with Priority Mail. Saves you some $. Other than that, I don't know of any tricks to bring shipping costs down.

Oh, that's another thing that came to mind: if you ever mail a lot of stuff, get a mail scale! Then you can do prepaid shipping online rather than imposing on the kindness of strangers at the post office. :)

SI

Status update!

Two more have paid and theirs will go out Wed/Thurs along with Cthulhu's (customs form is now filled out):
speedracer
jimijumper
Positive feedback has been left

therealdanhill and I have arranged payment with the understanding that, based on the day of payment, I don't think even God himself knows the next time I will be at the post office to mail it because it could be as late as next Friday.

Still awaiting word from:
laotahn
youruglyclone
Only Tuesday and Wednesday left

Thanks all for the quick payment! 22 of out 24 arranged in 48 hours really has helped ease my moving concerns with regards to the Lowball :)

SI

Hooray! I have received payment from all but one

Packaged up for Wed/Thurs dropoff:
speedracer
jimijumper
youruglyclone
Cthulhu (Canada package)

Others
laotahn - Need address
therealdanhill and I have arranged payment with the understanding that, based on the day of payment, I don't think even God himself knows the next time I will be at the post office to mail it because it could be as late as next Friday.

SI

Did some people get theirs today and are they happy?

Tomorrow afternoon, I will drop off packages for the following:
speedracer
jimijumper
youruglyclone
Cthulhu (Canada package)
laotahn
therealdanhill (if payment comes before my trip to the post office; if not, it will be next week)

That means all of them are accounted for :D

SI

Good to hear the positive feedback. Like I said- there were some mutant packing jobs there: it may not have been pretty but it should have been secure.

The final batch goes out today

SI

bread's done
Back