Sticky: Fred Meyer's coupons valid upon Xbox & Playstation GC's

Cornelius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
This thread is to educate & announce when Fred Meyer coupons apply to video game accessories, and more specifically towards Xbox & Playstation gift-cards available within the Home Electronics department. About 1 week or weekend per month, Fred Meyer will offer either:
  • a "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150" savings certificate (aka coupon), or
  • a "save xx% off video game accessories" coupon, or
  • in the rarest of cases, a few days when 2 or more coupons overlap & apply simultaneously! :D/
Here's how these coupons pertain to Xbox & Playstation gift-cards (herein GC's) ...
  • If you have a "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 in Home Electronics, etc" coupon, this will take a fixed amount off the total of your qualifying purchases.
    [
    rUcWHYc.jpg
  • If you have a "save xx% off Video Game Software & Accessories" or "save xx% off Video Game Accessories" coupon, then there's no limit to how much credit or games you can buy.
    hLSQdpv.jpg
  • If you have both coupons overlapping & valid simultaneously, then you've hit the jackpot & will save 28-31% off video game accessories ... including Xbox & Playstation GC's!
The "Save $10/$20/$30..." coupon comes off after all other discounts apply (it says this right in the coupon's fine-print). Xbox GC's are typically only stocked in $25 and $50 increments, while Playstation GC's are stocked in $20 and $50 increments. Therefore, you'll need to do some quick math and mix-&-match to round up to the nearest $5 increment, if you intend to only purchase GC's using both coupons.
  • When you have both a 10% coupon and a "save $10/$20/$30..." coupon (about 1x per 3 months), then you'll need to buy at least:buy $60 in credit & pay $44.00 ... aka 26.7% off ($60*.9=$54-$10=$44 and $49/60=73.3%).
  • buy $115 in credit & pay $83.50 ... aka 27.4% off ($115*.9=$103.50-$20=$83.50 and $83.50/115=72.6%).
  • buy $170 in credit & pay $123.00 ... aka 27.6% off ($170*.9=$153-$30=$123 and $123/170=72.4%).
[*]When you have both a 15% coupon and a "save $10/$20/$30..." coupon (about 2x per year; last seen June 2015), then you'll need to buy at least:
  • buy $60 in credit & pay $41.00 ... aka 31.7% off ($60*.85=$51-$10=$41 and $41/60=68.3%).
  • buy $120 in credit & pay $82.00 ... aka 31.7% off ($120*.85=$102-$20=$82 and $82/120=68.3%).
  • buy $180 in credit & pay $123.00 ... aka 27.6% off ($180*.85=$153-$30=$123 and $123/170=68.3%).
[*]When you have 2 simultaneous "save 10%" coupons and a "save $10/$20/$30..." savings certificate (extremely rare; last seen Nov. 2014), then you'll need to buy at least:
  • buy $65 in credit & pay $42.65 ... aka 34.4% off ($65*.9*.9=$52.65-$10=$42.65 and $42.65/65=65.6%).
  • buy $125 in credit & pay $81.25 ... aka 35.0% off ($125*.9*.9=$101.25-$20=$81.25 and $81.25/125=65.0%).
  • buy $190 in credit & pay $123.00 ... aka 34.8% off ($190*.9*.9=$153.90-$30=$123.90 and $123.90/190=65.2%).
Here's some helpful info when redeeming these coupons ...
  • While you may find Xbox, Playstation, and other gaming-related gift-cards nearby on the "Gift Card Mall" kiosk in the Home or Grocery departments, only the shelf-hanging tags on the Game Accessories rack within the Home Electronics dept. are considered "accessories". remember these are amongst the Game Accessories (like gamepads & headphones), and NOT the Gift Card Mall kiosk or end-cap!
  • Here are examples what the shelf-hanging tags look like ...
    zM0LTJG.jpg
    eaDjPlp.jpg
  • When you bring the shelf tags up to the Home Electronics counter, they will exchange these placeholder tags for actual pre-activated GC's they keep locked behind the counter. Keep in mind the quantity of tags on the Game Accessories shelf should correspond to the actual number of GC's they keep locked away, so if you don't see any tags for a particular denomination, that means they don't currently have them in stock.
  • Because the shelf-tags correspond to actual GC's behind the Home Electronics counter, you shouldn't expect cashiers in Apparel, Home, Garden, Grocery, or at each outside entrance to be able to honor the coupons correctly, much less go back to Home Electronics to fetch the pre-activated GC's.
  • The coupons can be presented either as the physical newspaper ad, coupons printed from the website at home, or simply on your phone ... but whatever you do, the UPC barcodes must be legible enough (with enough contrast) for their laser gun to read them. If you have the ability to print a coupon on your printer bigger (such as full page), or can magnify the coupon's image on your phone, then that saves you from begging the store clerk to manually type the UPC into the register (which they may refuse to do).
  • You can redeem these coupons multiple times, but be prepared to drive around to several locations, since they reserve the right to only honor 1 redemption per store per day.
Less important info & caveats ...
  • Newspaper ads are frequently available at all outside entrances but in limited supply. Presenting the coupons within Fred Meyer's iOS or Android apps is strongly advised for simplicity ... but if your phone can't run the app, or you need multiple copies of the coupon, then the website offers PDF's of each ad page, in addition to a version of each coupon that's mostly plain text (albeit with only a small UPC graphic that sometimes doesn't scan).
  • These coupons are good at all participating Fred Meyer locations in the Pacific NW, but not other stores within the Kroger family of stores (as always, YMMV).
  • More math will be involved if you purchase other non-accessory merchandise from Home Electronics to meet the $50/$100/$150 thresholds, or if you purchase merchandise with additional discounts (such as "save an additional 40% off clearance-priced accessories").
  • Sometimes the "save $10/$20/$30..." coupon is only for "Music, Movies, and Video Games" within Home Electronics, and other times it's for anything from multiple departments like Apparel, Garden, Home, and/or Home Electronics. As long as the coupon mentions "electronics", then it will always apply towards "video game accessories".
  • The only caveat to a percentage coupon is that they never doubles with "Home Electronics Accessories" coupons, which will expressly exclude video game hardware, accessories, & software in the fine-print.
  • Both coupons work across all gaming accessories, including gaming accessories in the clearance section. You can even buy other electronic crap with the "save $10/$20/$30..." coupon, but unless you're traveling around to redeem multiple times, then the most-efficient use is buying more virtual XBL & PSN currency with less actual currency.
  • If you have consoles from both Microsoft & Sony, I typically favor the Playstation credit and only use Xbox credit to top off the threshold ... because sales on Xbox gift-cards are more frequent at other retailers like Safeway, Best Buy, and Fry's ... whereas Playstation gift-card promos at retail stores are fairly infrequent. Also, Sony's been knocking the online sales out of the park recently, and it's been much harder to keep my PSN wallet stocked (especially those $15 rebates after spending $100) rather than Xbox's less-than-stellar "Deals with Gold". :whee:
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
...But they didn't ring up the gift card sale for me then even though I bought 3 X1/PS4 games - I'll be kind of pissed if it also qualified....
To qualify for the free gift cards, the three games purchased had to be $29.99+ each.

stryker said:
To qualify for the free gift cards, the three games purchased had to be $29.99+ each.
Yeah I figured the 3 I bought wouldn't have counted anyway. But still, when I was there earlier in the day (before they removed all the signage) I saw the various sale prices but on their own they weren't very exciting - even with the $10 off $50. But I didn't see anything about the gift card deal. I would have liked to have gotten in on that as it was probably a once a year thing (maybe again around Christmas - but then again it might just be 3DS stuff again then).

Oh well... It just sucks to miss out on an epic FM sale when that is pretty much the only retailer left that ever has deals like that. BB and Target clearance have gone to crap. And I have a FM just 1/2 mile from my house to boot!

Well, this week I see they have a $5 gift card with purchase of Lego Star Wars Force Awakens. Whoo-hoo! (Of course instead I preordered it at Best Buy for the $48 price + $10 RZ cert...)

Nothing for this current weekend, but next week, Sun. July 24 to Sat. July 30 ... "Buy any mix of Home Electronics, Music, Movies & Video Games and instantly SAVE $10/20/30 OFF $50/100/150." Keep your fingers crossed for some kind of accessories coupon (or at least $ off certain games) next weekend!

(snip)

I'm sure there will be some great sale or coupon combo next weekend because I'll be out of town.

Anyone keep tabs on the Disney Infinity characters at FM?  Other stores are making them dirt cheap to clear them out but in general they don't have a great selection.  FM might be the place to get them with sales and coupons.

If Fred Meyer stocked the Dory playset and Nemo figure it wold be nice. Those aren't at any of the stores I have looked at near me, but haven't thought to check FM. A sale combined with one or two of these coupons would be nice.

Here's a better/crisper version of the coupon from the online print(ed) ad for Sun (7/24) to Sat (7/30) ...

(snip)

Even if they try sticking with POS-activated GC's for awhile, sooner or later they'll come back to the pre-activated cards. I think it's more likely that Microsoft is re-branding the XBOX cards, and wants retailers to bleed out their inventory in time for E3, since OEM returns are costly to both retailers & Microsoft. Also the POS-activated GC's (in that half of the store) are incurred as income for the Home dept, and not the Electronics dept, which is why that end-cap / kiosk is physically located outside the dept (except for a few exceptions like iTunes or Nintendo).
Hmmm, looks like I'm only half-right ... my local Fred Meyer (in Kirkland, WA) has stopped carrying the Xbox scratch-off cards, and they're down to only 1 remaining scratch-off XBL 12mo card, with all the XBL credit vouchers already sold-out ... and YET ... they still have 2 empty shelf hangers where the credit vouchers used to be. PSN are still plentiful, and I just picked up $150 worth today. I'm sticking with my prediction that Microsoft/Xbox are rebranding XBL vouchers for the 2016 holiday season (since the old cards referenced old games & movies), so I'm withholding judgment until October. :)

Fred Meyer good for Fri & Sat (Aug 26-27) has a "save $10/20/30 off $50/100/150" savings certificate good for Apparel, Home, and Electronics ... but sadly no VG accessories coupon this week.

Here's the certificate:

(snip)

I knew we were about ripe for another super sale.

If they come out with an $X/$Y Q this week, it's gonna be another double(new)/triple(older) stacker.

Eh, but I don't think it's near as good as last time since the GC offer is based off purchase total instead of # of titles as is rather low. I can't remember if GC promos based on $x spent threshold is before/after the $x/$y Q.

Either way, $60 games (WYB 2) would come out to $35 ea after promos....which isn't bad for Deus Ex and I guess Madden.

My kids are all (back) into Pokémon.  I need a good gift card/bonus coupon stack to get some Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and X/Y.

extra_large.jpg

Sunday, September 11th - Saturday, September 17th

Its Fred Meyer's "Anniversary Sale" ....but 10% Off Video Game Accessories is as good as they can muster, apparently.

Maybe they'll go nuts and throw in a $10/$20/$30 Off later in the week...but that stackable coupon situation hasn't happened in a long time.

Well, I'm out.

My Kennewick, WA Fred Meyer made the switch to official "Xbox Gift Cards."  Even behind the counter, they are literally out of the old Xbox cards and will not be restocking.

As these are formally gift cards, they do not qualify for the % Off Video Game Accessories coupon or the $10/$20/$30 Off coupon.

Hopefully your guys' Fred Meyer continue to offer the old Xbox cards.  ....Sad day for me.

Why no talk in here?  Don't we have a $10/$20/$30 off coupon in combination with a software gift card deal for today?  I just got home from a very non-FM place (Georgia) so I'm trying to figure this all out.

Why no talk in here? Don't we have a $10/$20/$30 off coupon in combination with a software gift card deal for today? I just got home from a very non-FM place (Georgia) so I'm trying to figure this all out.
I think many of us were here for the Cards, rather than brick-and-mortar disc games or actual video game accessories.

And if you read the above posts, you'll see that many of our local Fred Meyer stores have fully transitioned from scratch-off Video Game Accessories to Gift Cards.

Its kind of funny. I used to look at the Fred Meyer website late Saturdays and late Wednesdays - hoping to see stackable coupons I could use for buying Microsoft cards at 30+% Off. But now that literally none of those coupons work toward Microsoft cards, I haven't been back to their website since. LoL.

Hmm - but what I really need now is a Nintendo card.  Those should still be good, right?  I'll find out soon.  3 $39.99 3DS games plus $30.03 more (hopefully a Nintendo card) will get me $30 off plus $30 in gift cards.

I also happen to have a house full of kids that want some of the Pokémon games so this is a perfect way to pick up Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, and maybe X/Y.

Surprise Attack!

There's some various deals, but I'll just post the big one.

20% off VGA 9PM 3rd and 4th /w Q

x/y Q 4th and 5th

...$290 PSVR core if you can find it.

Surprise Attack!

There's some various deals, but I'll just post the big one.

20% off VGA 9PM 3rd and 4th /w Q

x/y Q 4th and 5th
I got my paper today and I see the $10/$20/$30 savings coupon, but I don't see anything else video game related. Are you saying there's a 20% off video game accessories coupon? I'd have much preferred 20% off video games + the savings coupon. Would have picked up Skyrim and World of Final Fantasy...

I got my paper today and I see the $10/$20/$30 savings coupon, but I don't see anything else video game related. Are you saying there's a 20% off video game accessories coupon? I'd have much preferred 20% off video games + the savings coupon. Would have picked up Skyrim and World of Final Fantasy...
Yeah, accessories. The "9 PM" meaning it's one of those special events they have at night. I'm guessing CoD play event.

Well this is an encouraging development! Save $5 off $50 in Apparel, Home, or Electronics ...

(snip)

... combined with a "save 10% off VGA" ...

(snip)

... which gives you $55.56 for $45.00 (aka 19.0% off). While many of us are bemoaning the loss of prepaid XBL cards, many Freddy's still have prepaid PSN cards, and if you only bought those, then 3 $20 cards would still net $60.00 for $49.00 (aka 18.3% off).

A new opportunity is also possible for Xbox, but someone will have to report back on this ... MS has brought back the "buy 3 $15 cards, get a $5 bonus card" prepackaged "multipack" back for a limited time. You'll find this as 4 cards behind a plastic window affixed to cardboard:

(snip)

My local QFC/Kroger had a MS-printed sign on their "Gift Card Mall" end-cap on Tuesday night, but no multipacks in sight. Since these packages only have 1 activation barcode on the back (not 4 for each card), it's possible they'll ring up as prepaid cards, in which case they should work with the VGA coupon and/or not be considered a "gift card", despite the packaging's text. You may also find the less attractive $30 multipack, and it's still worth a try if you can find it:

(snip)

This is a huge YMMV, but in years' past, they've worked on Best Buy's site as "accessories", so please try it out & report back! :D/

=======================

P.S. I know some of you stick to VGA's for your kids, in which case check out the B1G1@50% sale on Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, and Amibo characters (normally $9.99 - $12.99). If you stick to only $9.99 figures, you could get 8 characters (4*$9.99 + 4*$4.99) worth $80'ish for the low price of $49'ish (aka 38.8% off).

BF sum up:

$300 consoles for $250 + $20 GC

GCU pricing on games [20% off VG/VGA]

yikes! but wait, FREE DONUTS! WINNERRRR!!!!

This Friday & Saturday ... checkout the "STARLIGHT SALE AND DOORBUSTERS" ad for an identical "save $5 off $50" coupon to last Sun/Mon/Tues's "Election Day" ad ... all other savings apply. :D/

(snip)

(snip)

... which gives you $55.56 for $45.00 (aka 19.0% off). While many of us are bemoaning the loss of prepaid XBL cards, many Freddy's still have prepaid PSN cards, and if you only bought those, then 3 $20 cards would still net $60.00 for $49.00 (aka 18.3% off).

A new opportunity is also possible for Xbox, but someone will have to report back on this ... MS has brought back the "buy 3 $15 cards, get a $5 bonus card" prepackaged "multipack" back for a limited time. You'll find this as 4 cards behind a plastic window affixed to cardboard:

(snip)

My local QFC/Kroger had a MS-printed sign on their "Gift Card Mall" end-cap on Tuesday night, but no multipacks in sight. Since these packages only have 1 activation barcode on the back (not 4 for each card), it's possible they'll ring up as prepaid cards, in which case they should work with the VGA coupon and/or not be considered a "gift card", despite the packaging's text. You may also find the less attractive $30 multipack, and it's still worth a try if you can find it:

(snip)

This is a huge YMMV, but in years' past, they've worked on Best Buy's site as "accessories", so please try it out & report back! :D/

=======================

P.S. I know some of you stick to VGA's for your kids, in which case check out the B1G1@50% sale on Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, and Amibo characters (normally $9.99 - $12.99). If you stick to only $9.99 figures, you could get 8 characters (4*$9.99 + 4*$4.99) worth $80'ish for the low price of $49'ish (aka 38.8% off).
And to "bouda" ... Freddy's BF will be "slightly" better than BB-GCU, since it's 20% off games & accessories, while BB-GCU is only good on games. :whee:

Reporting back: this does not work at FM. Just tried the $45 multipack with the 10% coupon and it did not apply. One thing I noticed is that the $45 pack in the store had "Gift Card" printed on the bottom of the packaging.

It looks like the days of discounted store credit for Xbox are over :(

extra_large.jpg

8443052_sa.jpg

DING DING DING!!! ... We have a 28% double-coupon on GC's that are still VGA's ... or better, saving 36% on any VG's!

In this week's Electronics ad, you'll find the usual "save 10% off VGA" coupon:

(snip)

However, on the front of that ad, they mention additional Sun+Mon savings @ the website ... http://www.FredMeyer.com/CyberDeals ... and there, you'll find a PDF with the following coupons:

(snip)

(snip)

Freddy also has the XbONE BF1 bundle or the PS4 U4 bundle for $249 apiece, so with the "save $30 off $150" coupon, that brings them down to $219 apiece.

As always ... please read the FAQ at the top of this thread if this is your first purchase of XBL/PSN credit with Fred Meyer coupons. The FAQ covers just about any question previously heard, including why this deal works, which cards to buy off which shelf, who will honor the coupons, and all the math involved in figuring discounts.

Nice, for $219 I might pick up a second Xbox One for downstairs.  This is the slim, right?

Edit: But then again, they are only $212 (that and the Minecraft one) on Amazon right now!

Nice, for $219 I might pick up a second Xbox One for downstairs. This is the slim, right?

Edit: But then again, they are only $212 (that and the Minecraft one) on Amazon right now!
Makes no sense to get it unless you have FM GCs to burn, and even then it still doesn't make sense since that's grocery gift cards.

Way too many retailers selling for cheaper.

I didn't pay much attention to FM since nothing stood out, but I think the only thing even worth mentioning might be the 36% off something like Watch Dogs 2 or other new games that weren't on sale for BF.

Not be a downer, but ... the PSN cards are going extinct, just like the Xbox cards.

60606499.jpg

My local store just sold me their last 5 $20 PSN cards (with no plans to restock the Electronics counter), and even then I had to find a $12 game just to stay over $100 for the "save $20 off $100" savings certificate.  Therefore, you'll probably want to stop by Freddy's on your way to work tomorrow, because I'll be out there stocking up as well. 8-[

Wait, whaa....

They fixed the online ad to include that new promo. Before it was in the thumbnail but not in the ad, so I assumed it was the regular $x/$y Q

This is a new promo where you get a coupon for your next purchase.

So for video games, that's 20% off, plus another up to 20% off, plus up to 30% back in "rewards"

So I guess max discount would be 53.3333%

$190 consoles

FM always sneaks that stacker in

So I guess max discount would be 53.3333%

$190 consoles

FM always sneaks that stacker in
Wait, whaa indeed... What do you mean $190 consoles? I don't see how they are less than $220.

I ended up ordering a 500GB slim Xbox One from Target for $201 shipped. But if I can get it sooner/cheaper from Fred Meyer I'll just return the Target one when it gets here (still no shipping notice even).

Does anyone know if Fred Meyer sells the Samsung VR headsets? My son wants one for Christmas and if they have them there I could use the $20 off.

Wait, whaa indeed... What do you mean $190 consoles? I don't see how they are less than $220.

I ended up ordering a 500GB slim Xbox One from Target for $201 shipped. But if I can get it sooner/cheaper from Fred Meyer I'll just return the Target one when it gets here (still no shipping notice even).
It don't recall this kind of promo before.

Basically they give you a coupon for $30 like a voucher that only works starting tomorrow and for 2-3 weeks and only works on home/electronics/apparel....basically it's a promotional gift card with a lot of restrictions from what I gather. [Thought it worked on groceries when I posted, but I didn't read all the fine print carefully]

Maybe works on a Xbox/PSN card? Maybe on a price match...hard to tell without having the actual coupon in hand.

Basically they give you a coupon for $30 like a voucher that only works starting tomorrow and for 2-3 weeks and only works on home/electronics/apparel....basically it's a promotional gift card with a lot of restrictions from what I gather. [Thought it worked on groceries when I posted, but I didn't read all the fine print carefully.
You had to look very carefully at the ONLINE-ONLY version of the 2-day circular from last Sun/Mon (Nov. 27-28). Nobody in Electronics knew anything about it, so they said to take it up with Customer Service ... who promptly & simply gave me a $20 Kroger gift-card. :D

FYI, there's another savings certificate good for Friday & Saturday (Dec. 2nd-3rd), so good luck finding any remaining PSN (or XBL?) cards out there. For those of you on the east-side of Lake Washington, I'll save you the trouble of checking Totem Lake & Redmond. Also, the Overlake store is still under construction. :wall:

(snip)

And here's the 10% off VGA's coupon from last Sunday:

(snip)

With Disney Infinity starter packs & single characters now at 50% off, now's a great time to get into that! :lol:

The XBL deals thread made mention of another Staples 20% off deal - if true, this discount works with the new GC style cards. I picked up $100 worth myself (for $80) before Thanksgiving.

I was in Fred Meyer tonight and they have a B1G1 50% off on Amiibo but now their accessory coupon excludes Toys-2-Life figures.  That is bad timing as the market for them is collapsing and they should sell them while they can.  I didn't even know there were new figures out so I did grab the 8-bit Link and Ocarina of Time Link for just under $20 total.  That's a bit steep for Amiibo now IMO, but if I end up getting a better deal I can always return these.

FYI ... "doorbuster" sale is coming on Sat. between 5a-1p. It's fairly likely we'll see another "save $10/$20/$30" savings,certificate during those 6 hours, if not for the whole day.

GC deal is back, $29.99+ titles

2 -> $20

3 -> $35

4 -> $50

*Some titles on sale for $40, which would make them as low as $27.50 after GC (D2, Deus Ex, GoW4, Overwatch, Destiny, CoD)

Batman: Return to Arkham is pretty good since it's on sale for $29.99, so as low as $17.49

PS4 shows the $50 drop, but not X1 consoles.

Extra bonus for old people and war people, 10% off Tues and Thurs resp (making above titles* $23.50)

If an $x/$y Q pops up this week, it'll probably be the best VG promo for certain titles this holiday, like $20 for those titles* up above.

Nice.  The scary thing is I'm almost there on the "old people" discount ;).

What days does the gift card promo run?  Because there is already a savings coupon for today.  I'm assuming it starts tomorrow though.  Just want to be sure since I've missed these in the past and I still have 2 hours to get to FM tonight...

Nice. The scary thing is I'm almost there on the "old people" discount ;).

What days does the gift card promo run? Because there is already a savings coupon for today. I'm assuming it starts tomorrow though. Just want to be sure since I've missed these in the past and I still have 2 hours to get to FM tonight...
Yep, it starts Sunday and runs through the entire week.

Wow, a 3-day $x/$y Q

I wish I was an old, war vet.

Get (3) $40 + (1) $50 works out pretty nice in that case...like $18.25 a game

or just (3) $40 comes out to $17.67

Website does show PS4/X1 with the $50 MSRP discount, so $195 for retirement folks and IRL CoD players...or $140 after $10 GC for Nintendo 3DS XL

Today's the last day for the current $x/$y Q + vet discount

Saw a TV commercial that said there's an upcoming 2-day sale (Fri/Sat) with 50% off select video games. They showed R6, Divison, FC Primal...so I guess those wouldn't stack with the GC deal since $50 MSRP....but maybe there will be some $60 MSRP games included.

I think it also said there would be another $x/$y Q

Got 2 sets of 4 3DS games at my local Fred Meyer.  Due to the snow/ice I couldn't really drive to multiple stores like I'd normally do for a sale like this.  I got the first set, then did some grocery shopping (using the $50 gift card), then went back and got the second set.  The cashier didn't seem to care though I've been stopped in the past from using more than one savings coupon per day at that store.

I wish I could have spent some more time looking over the sale games a bit better.  I almost bit on the Rock Band 4 with adapter (for the older instruments I guess) for Xbox One that was on sale for $39.99.  But I texted my older son who would be the most likely to want to play it and he actually said he didn't want it - so there you go...  There were a lot of things in the X1/PS4 section that were marked down to $29.99/$39.99 but I just made it easy and went with $39.99 3DS games.  4 x $39.99 = $159.96 which makes it qualify for the $30 off without having to add filler.

So $129.96 - $50 GC makes them come out to $19.99 each.  Not bad for Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (my son who has Ruby and Sun wants to play this for some reason), Super Mario Maker, and a few others.

Got 2 sets of 4 3DS games at my local Fred Meyer. Due to the snow/ice I couldn't really drive to multiple stores like I'd normally do for a sale like this. I got the first set, then did some grocery shopping (using the $50 gift card), then went back and got the second set. The cashier didn't seem to care though I've been stopped in the past from using more than one savings coupon per day at that store.
I'm sorry....but you're probably not gonna want to see the 2-day ad :(

For everyone else that buys 3DS games (close your eyes io):

GC DEAL

+ $x/$y Q

+ B1G1-50%

+ $10 off select 3DS games

...I don't buy 3DS games and I'm not familiar with the games...and you can check the math for what you want....but that's like $12.50/game for Pokemon games (Sun, Moon) if you only get a 2 game credit (per [4] titles) for the GC deal (+$10 filler).

If the 50% off games did trigger the GC promo, that's like $5 per Pokemon game....but that's probably wishful thinking

Looks like the 50% off X1/PS4 games promo is a bust though..looks like it's only the titles I mentioned before...so it just turned out to be a massive 3DS sale instead.

Meh - I can always return them if I buy them at a better price.  I'm not sure I follow all that though.  What games are under the "select" banner?  Seems like it wouldn't include any of the good stuff.  And what does the B1G1 50% qualify for?  Seems odd they would do both of those, the savings coupon, and the gift cards all at once.  That is ridiculous.

select $10 off include Pokemon Moon/Sun and something called Yokaiwatch 2 or something. But it's possible there's more titles in-store, just gotta check.

B1G1 50% is ALL 3DS titles and is a coupon.

So the big question is if you bought (2) $40 games and pay $40 + $20 after using the B1G1-50% coupon, would you get the promo GC for buying (2) $29.99+ titles. I'm not entirely sure...but if you did...sheesh.

So the big question is if you bought (2) $40 games and pay $40 + $20 after using the B1G1-50% coupon, would you get the promo GC for buying (2) $29.99+ titles. I'm not entirely sure...but if you did...sheesh.
The 50% makes them less than $29.99. So I think you could buy 4 games and get the $20 coupon (since only 2 of them would count). That would be $120 - $20 for the savings coupon = $100. After taking off the $20 gift card that comes out to $19.99 per games, which is exactly what I got yesterday.

However, the $10 off Pokémon Sun/Moon would be an additional savings. So if you bought 4 3DS games that were all $10 off, it would be $30 * 2 + $15 * 2 = $90. Then you'd get $10 off and a $20 coupon so that would be $60 total or $15 each. Or you could add $10 filler to get to $20 off - but that would essentially be the same thing (your filler would be free though). I will be going back to rebuy Pokémon Sun/Moon and whatever else qualifies for the $10 off.

OK, made a quick trip to FM.  Only the 4 games shown in the ad are reduced by $10 (so Pokémon Sun/Moon and both versions of Yo-Kai Watch 2).  They didn't have any copies of Yo-Kai Watch 2 so I bought 2 each of Pokémon Sun/Moon and a $20 ink cartridge for $90.  As I suspected, I only got the $20 gift card because two of the games were discounted.

If I factor out the cartridge (which I needed anyway) and the $20 coupon, I got them for $12.50.  But that is only because I got the extra $10 off from the filler.  If I didn't get the filler it would have been $15 each.  Still pretty damn good for the newly released Pokémon games.

ha, I knew it, a 1-day sale to complete the countdown.

4-day

3-day

2-day

1-day

It's lame though, just a free

Just got back from a Fred Meyer's in Vancouver, WA and was able to successfully get the $50 gift card twice using the 3DS B1G1 1/2OFF coupon.  Only needed to buy 4 games per transaction, (2) @$29.99 & (2) discounted @ $14.99 worked just fine for me.  

I also bought Pokemon Sun/Moon, so not sure why it worked for me and not IO?  Might be the order they scanned the coupons in.  I made sure they scanned the gift card coupon 1st, then the B1G1 1/2off coupon, & the savings certificate last.

bread's done
Back