Stranglehold - Gen. Discussion & Info

This game's awesome...it's all about activating Tequila time when you're sliding on tables!

I'm stuck on chapter 2 though. So the boat just crashed, and I killed all the guys inside it. I have no idea where to go from here. Am I supposed to go on top of the boat or something? I've tried everything...please help -_-

[quote name='asianxcore']Damn. Congrats. I don't know if I could beat Hard Boiled.

I played through the game once and got a lot of the cranes. Then I finally got the Orgami achievement after replaying the same level over and over for 30 minutes.

I want to get the MP Host achievements (I have 6 maps to do), but hardly anyone plays it online and it's a pain to wait around.[/QUOTE]
If you want help with the host achievements let me know, I will help you out.

great game.. it was designed to be like a movie.. that is why it's short.. I beat it on Normal.. I'm going back through it on Hard Boiled...it's tough

[quote name='asianxcore']Damn. Congrats. I don't know if I could beat Hard Boiled.

I played through the game once and got a lot of the cranes. Then I finally got the Orgami achievement after replaying the same level over and over for 30 minutes.

I want to get the MP Host achievements (I have 6 maps to do), but hardly anyone plays it online and it's a pain to wait around.[/QUOTE]

I'd also be willing to help you out with the host achievements if you are willing to return the favor. :D

[quote name='DJSteel']great game.. it was designed to be like a movie.. that is why it's short.. I beat it on Normal.. I'm going back through it on Hard Boiled...it's tough[/QUOTE]
I beat it on normal first also and then played it on Hard Boiled. Some parts are a pain in the ass but it is doable.

[quote name='flybrione']I'd also be willing to help you out with the host achievements if you are willing to return the favor. :D[/QUOTE]

Word, I'll send a FR your way. Shouldn't take that long to get them all.

[quote name='asianxcore']Damn. Congrats. I don't know if I could beat Hard Boiled.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

I think it shaved a couple of years off of my lifespan.

I finally started playing the game....pretty darn fun. I actually found myself getting annoyed with the difficulty on Normal, I guess I just suck at this game...although, I would pick the game back up and pass the spot with ease that I was having trouble with.

As for the multiplayer, I found it REALLY annoying.....people just running around aimlessly it seemed. Horrible.

I guess I will just finish the single player and trade it in...still pretty fun though.

just started playing the other night...pretty fun so far...playing it on hard the first time thru and there have been some sections that have had me wanting to throw my controller

just looking for some help with the museum level...i am in the room with the dino's, any tips on where to hide/move around to? The enemies come in from all doors on both floors.

[quote name='ryanbph']just looking for some help with the museum level...i am in the room with the dino's, any tips on where to hide/move around to? The enemies come in from all doors on both floors.[/QUOTE]
For me, I just kept running and shooting, sometimes hiding near the stairs. Tequila Time was a big help as well.

DLC "coming soon":

Coming “soon” to the Xbox Live Marketplace and Playstation Network Store, the first batch of DLC for Stranglehold will include 10 additional multiplayer maps, including the Kowloon Market, Wong’s Estate Grounds, and the Rooftops of Chicago to name a few, plus 21 all-new multiplayer character skins. Also, exclusive to the Xbox 360 will be 10 new Achievements worth 250 Gamer Points. The exact release date and pricing are yet to be revealed.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/4089#more-4089

Does the single player stop being repetitive? I want to pick it up again, but I was only able to tolerate two levels before I just got tired of the same shit.

well it is a shooter, so you keep shooting shit...the environments change slightly, but it is nothing drastic. I guess you could say it is rather repetitive. I was able to tolerate it on hard...while trying to cherry pick some achievements I went back on easy, and the game imo was a lot more fun on the easy and medium levels.

[quote name='anomynous']Well I figured out why nobody plays the mulitplayer, it might quite possibly be the worst multiplayer ever[/quote]
Exactly.

[quote name='dastly75']Just beat the game, I really enjoyed it. Worth the $20 I paid for it for sure. I hope they make a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Well if too many people waited for it to be $20 before they bought it, don't count on it.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Well if too many people waited for it to be $20 before they bought it, don't count on it.[/quote]

So CAGs are a reason why this game won't be successful financially?

[quote name='dastly75']So CAGs are a reason why this game won't be successful financially?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that.

But hoping that they make a sequel to a game you know you didn't help the developer make any money on is a bit silly. But I do it often myself.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I didn't say that.

But hoping that they make a sequel to a game you know you didn't help the developer make any money on is a bit silly. But I do it often myself.[/quote]

In this life of mine, hope is all I got.

Anyone have some tips for beating the helicopter? Im playing on casual and still find this game a little challenging. I cant even get the copters power down much before i die. I cant seem to find a rocket launcher that is supposed to be in this level.

Also i just played online once. Wow was that crappy. After i died i spawned with no weapons, then when i found some weapons to grab, it wouldnt let me take them. Even when it said press X, i pressed it many times and nothing. I just stood there getting shot up with no way to fight back except my fists.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Anyone have some tips for beating the helicopter? Im playing on casual and still find this game a little challenging. I cant even get the copters power down much before i die. I cant seem to find a rocket launcher that is supposed to be in this level.[/QUOTE]
if you can, get the heavy machine gun. barrage the helicopter and it should be mostly dead. the rocket launcher (i think) was in the house on the left, if you are facing the big building you will be going into. it is a house with assault rifles on a rack. if you have the rocket launcher, barrage mode makes it MUCH easier to hit the heli with a couple of rockets.

[quote name='The 7th Number']TAlso i just played online once. Wow was that crappy. After i died i spawned with no weapons, then when i found some weapons to grab, it wouldnt let me take them. Even when it said press X, i pressed it many times and nothing. I just stood there getting shot up with no way to fight back except my fists.[/QUOTE]
i had something similar, and i think it was because of lag. horrible.

[quote name='panasonic']Anyone want to play online? No one seems to play it anymore and it sure is fun[/quote]

I've been looking for multiplayer matches as well. But it looks as if every time I join a game, everyone has the multiplayer pack.

That's my big problem right now, justifying a 1200 point purchase on a multiplayer pack that doesn't see a ton of action online.

bread's done
Back