Stranglehold - which version should I get?

Kendal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
I am in a pickle. I have both PS3 and 360. I want to play my PS3 more, but I love the nerd points on the 360. I would be getting the 360 version earlier and cheaper if I got it on the 360, but I am getting 3 games(Warhawk, Metroid Prime 3 and Blue Dragon) that week anyway. I love pre-ordering games without a release date months in advance, thus how I am getting 3 games at least in one day. I am just wondering what others are doing who own both systems and want this game. I have $60 some dollars to spend on a game of my choice, my better half's orders. I am open to suggestions to other games as well. I also own a Wii, DS and PSP.

I say collectors on PS3, because of Hard Boiled In HD, which I have never seen, but I have heard is one of the best action movies of all time, and this is the only chance you have of ever getting it in HD (for the time being).

I spent an hour (at least) with it at E3. I found it to be too repetitive for my taste. I'm going to pass unless I get it for review, but I wouldn't personally spend more than that bonus DVD is worth, but that's me.

Apparently the 360 version got delayed until Sep 5th. If I were you, i'd rent it on 360 for the points.

Honestly, this game will take about 5-6 hours to finish I'd say. Perfect rental. If you're hellbent on buying it get the PS3 version for Hardboiled.

Heavenly Sword got a 7.0 rating on IGN recently. That doesn't sound like an Xbox killer to me..

Collector's on PS3 is $70, while regular 360 is $60. Next-Gen costs more. Heavenly Sword is $60 also, but I've heard it doesn't have a lot of replay value.

Only Wii games are $50

[quote name='Redeema']I spent an hour (at least) with it at E3. I found it to be too repetitive for my taste.[/quote]A lot of previews have said it's going to be awesome and what I've seen looked absolutely ridiculous. The dodge move looks awkward and after a few times of the same animation to the left or right, flat out laughable. Are the previewers too kind or am I too harsh on this?

Because truthfully, the left/right leanback shoulder thingy had me thinking of the 'rest against a wall' move from The Getaway. Namely, once or twice novel or forgivable. All times after that, annoying.

[quote name='KingBroly']Collector's on PS3 is $70, while regular 360 is $60. Next-Gen costs more. Heavenly Sword is $60 also, but I've heard it doesn't have a lot of replay value.

Only Wii games are $50[/quote]

You should get out of your hole and look in the Deals forum. Family video suggests that your numbers are wrong. Seriously.

I really want to get a PS3 game, but I am not sure what is coming out in the coming months. I guess I could give my DS or my PSP some love. I just have this nice fancy black box and I want to use it. Any good PS3 games coming soon in the next few months?

To answer the question above directed towards me...Yes, the previewers are being kind. Maybe they didn't spend the time I spent with it or maybe it's just not my style of game, or maybe as the press we feel the need to be optimistic about every game no matter what it feels like because there's still time to save it, I don't know. I know I played Dead to Rights years ago on the Cube, and this feels like it, but at a faster pace. There's some cool features, but for the most part it's run and gun and there's very little strategy involved and to me that's what makes it a dull game. No reason to hide, all you need to do is dive everywhere and slide on stuff...blech. I'll pass.

It really depends on if you like over-the-top Hong Kong style action movies and games.

I've played through the demo like 5 times and absolutely loved it. It's really just Max Payne with more destructable elements, and crazier environments.

For me, it's a sure buy.

Try out the demo on XBM to see if you like it.

But, if you do decide to get it, get the collectors on PS3, for Hard Boiled in Blu Ray...that movie is insanely awesome.

Well, if you like the Half Life Series it is coming to PS3. It includes Half Life 2, the two episodes, and Portal in November for PS3.

[quote name='Logain8955']
I've played through the demo like 5 times and absolutely loved it. It's really just Max Payne with more destructable elements, and crazier environments.
[/QUOTE]

I wish you people would stop comparing it to Max Payne. Max Payne 2 is the best game ever made, Stanglehold sucks.

[quote name='Redeema']To answer the question above directed towards me...Yes, the previewers are being kind. Maybe they didn't spend the time I spent with it or maybe it's just not my style of game, or maybe as the press we feel the need to be optimistic about every game no matter what it feels like because there's still time to save it, I don't know. I know I played Dead to Rights years ago on the Cube, and this feels like it, but at a faster pace. There's some cool features, but for the most part it's run and gun and there's very little strategy involved and to me that's what makes it a dull game. No reason to hide, all you need to do is dive everywhere and slide on stuff...blech. I'll pass.[/quote]Thanks for the info, Redeema. Personally, I liked the DTR games. Shadow kicks Mike Vicks tail feathers. ;)

So possibly I'd enjoy this. But for a significantly lowered price point.

[quote name='cdeener']Well, if you like the Half Life Series it is coming to PS3. It includes Half Life 2, the two episodes, and Portal in November for PS3.[/quote]Yup. Orange Box. Can't wait. Gonna see if that's better on the 3 or the 360. My only question is, what does that have to do with this thread?

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I wish you people would stop comparing it to Max Payne. Max Payne 2 is the best game ever made[/quote] And now a comparison.

max.jpg
maxpayne2sam.gif
maxpayne3colonel.gif

bread's done
Back