Street Fighter 4 TE Stick - Buy.com Xbox 360 PREORDER $163.38 SHIPPED

orthetic

CAGiversary!
Buy.com just put up a pre-order for the Tournament Stick. Xbox 360 Version PREORDER $163.38 SHIPPED

Xbox 360 http://www.buy.com/prod/osf-iv-fightstick-x360-tourn/q/loc/108/210674151.html

Playstation 3 http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210674142&loc=108

I have received my Tournament Edition from Buy.com!! It was a 7-day turn-around for me from placing the pre-order to receiving the shipped notification.

If you are interested in seeing unboxing pics, please check out here:
http://www.ragingforce.com/index.ph...-stick-unboxing&catid=39:daily-blog&Itemid=59

Good luck all!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wildcat1080']I'm about ready to settle for a sub-$200 auction. It's giving into the scalpers, but it's basically just a ~$30 convenience fee the way I see it. Could wait a month+ or you could pay an extra $30 or so.

Not letting myself bid anymore than $195 or so though. Have to set a threshold I guess.[/quote]

dont feed them!! lol

uve waited....this long!

Yeah, I'd hate caving in to scalpers. Those people...I don't know, just tick me off, although I guess it's not the worst crime in the world in the scheme of things, but still.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oooooh okay. I didn't realize the controllers were locked somehow. (Are Sony's too?)

Even still, couldn't they just have a switch on it or something? Or it has to be licensed and Microsoft wouldn't do it unless it's Xbox only?

Dang annoying having to choose which to get for a $150+ item! (I *still* don't know. So many considerations :whistle2:/ )[/QUOTE]

the best route is the 360 version to do dual boot joysticks....the microsoft security is the thing stopping you from hacking the sony. You could pad hack the 360 controller and resolder things for yourself......get the 360, there isn't too much work required to get it hacked to work on the ps3....when in doubt ask the kind people on shoryuken.com forums

[quote name='P1553D']i cancelled my buy.com order, and for the record they did charge me immediately. i was over in the srk forums and someone mentioned that game crazy had them in stock. so i called the nearest one to me, and they did have it. they also had a ps3 one also. just got finish test driving it on sf4. i got to get used to the square gate, one bonus is that the square gate is excellent for doing guiles super, just hit corner, corner, corner, corner. i ame experiencing trouble with fireballs though, the doa stick was a circle gate. i just got to get used to it. another side bonus to the square gate is i am not having any problems with moves with the fireball motion that end in up forwards, like fei longs kick that goes over fireballs, again, aim for the corner. but otherwise the stick seems to be great. very weighty, sits in your lap and does not move, the buttons are very responsive also. there were a few times i barely brushed by a button and it registered. i have to learn to hover a little higher now.

anyway, check out your game crazy also.[/QUOTE]

With this stick you can easily replace it with a circle gate though, right?

Square gates drive me nuts. Half the time I try to do an ultra I end up doing an EX dragon punch because I end up ending on DF rather than forward.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, I'd hate caving in to scalpers. Those people...I don't know, just tick me off, although I guess it's not the worst crime in the world in the scheme of things, but still.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not a crime at all :p

Anyway, I would guess that at that price they're losing money or not making anything worthwhile anyway.

[quote name='Vcize']Actually it's not a crime at all :p

Anyway, I would guess that at that price they're losing money or not making anything worthwhile anyway.[/quote]
Eh, I think it depends on the item and location. I'm sure scalping is crime in some cities on specific items. I do know its not really egregious enough for the police to go after them all the time, which is why you rarely hear about it anymore (at least I haven't). Unlike many years ago.

Why are these fighting sticks so much money? (I don't play fighting games so this price seems crazy to me.)

[quote name='Vcize']With this stick you can easily replace it with a circle gate though, right?

Square gates drive me nuts. Half the time I try to do an ultra I end up doing an EX dragon punch because I end up ending on DF rather than forward.[/QUOTE]

Very easy on the TE stick. I'm using a octo gate with the bat top.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, I'd hate caving in to scalpers. Those people...I don't know, just tick me off, although I guess it's not the worst crime in the world in the scheme of things, but still.[/quote]
I'd take a capitalist market over the alternative any day.

[quote name='Traitorious']Eh, I think it depends on the item and location.[/quote]

I really don't think it does (at least within the U.S., I don't know about other countries).

The only scalping laws deal with being within a certain distance of a sporting event, usually within a mile. Most people incorrectly think that it's illegal to sell sporting tickets for more than face value. It isn't, it's just illegal to do it right outside the stadium at some events.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Congrats brother ! That means they are readying your stick to ship to you from one of their distribution warehouse and I do speak from experience ! You can call the customer service number and they will tell you the same thing ! SO you are getting your stick fulfilled/shipped real soon like tomorrow or next day at the latest! :applause:[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not sure about this... normally that's the case, but I've been sitting on "Sent to Warehouse" since I ordered mine (about 3 minutes after this was posted here). I also have not been charged, despite claims (I think here, but definitely on another forum) that people were being charged instantly after the orders went "to the warehouse".

Either way, this is a second TE stick for me, so I'm in no particular hurry, but seeing as how they're still accepting orders for this I'm pretty sure their backorder queue is going to be pretty significant now... I'm not sure if they meant to open it up for orders (and I'm pretty sure they didn't mean to leave it open) but yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up for this.

Both my SE and TE's went from being "Sent to Warehouse" to "On Order, In the shipping process" and won't let me cancel. I guess that can be a good or bad sign depending on how you look at it (good that they are getting eventually soon and bad you can't cancel.) Keep canceling guys I want to get my order before BlazBlue gets here :D

The SE on the stock page now says "Estimated arrival May 09." Nothing for the TE.

Hey Guys,

Mine just went from Sent to Warehouse and on order to 1 shipped on 5/5/2009 with a tracking number. When I check the tracking number it says that the shipment has been initiated. So plenty of hope for you other guys who had yours on order.

Just don't get your hopes up on the ship date. I had a blu ray player on order and they gave me a tracking number within a day even though it was never shipped out for two weeks, but it worked out for me since it gave me time to think it over and cancel the order.

I ordered 6 hours before this thread started on 4/28 and mines still hasn't been shipped. But it's looking good since a lot of people have shipped and it says "In the shipping process." This will be my second TE stick too, so I'm in no rush.

I already bought new Sanwa parts and took out all the stock sanwa buttons and shoved them into the SE stick with a JLF. If I get another TE stick I'm going to mod it with Clear Seimitsus when Lizardlick opens again on the 11th.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I ordered 6 hours before this thread started on 4/28 and mines still hasn't been shipped. But it's looking good since a lot of people have shipped and it says "In the shipping process." This will be my second TE stick too, so I'm in no rush.

I already bought new Sanwa parts and took out all the stock sanwa buttons and shoved them into the SE stick with a JLF. If I get another TE stick I'm going to mod it with Clear Seimitsus when Lizardlick opens again on the 11th.[/quote]

i sugges u order from akihabara, it seems they are shipping way faster then Lizardlick since they prob have more employees!

i believe they are open may 9th or 7th

w00t! I just received my Buy.com shipped e-mail. 1 week isn't bad for paying retail + shipping on this awesome piece. Buy.com comes through again for me :)

This is irritating, I ordered within 20 minutes of this thread starting and my order is still sitting at "Sent to warehouse: on order". Might shoot them an email to see what is going on.

Yeah I made a mistake. My TE shipped and my SE is still on order. I'll keep the SE as back up mod or resell to help pay off for TE. Decisions, Decisions...

w00t!!! I just checked my shipping and it is on the delivery truck right now! I'll post pictures when I get it!

[quote name='orthetic']Alright guys, this is it!! ITS IN!! Check out my blog post here for pics!! Yay Buy.com!!

http://www.ragingforce.com/index.ph...-stick-unboxing&catid=39:daily-blog&Itemid=59[/quote]

Congratulations on getting your stick.

I'm one of the many that is still stuck in pre-order hell over at the Capcom Online Shop. What's worse is that my nearby Gamestop had the TE stick just last week and of course it was sold. Tis sad. :cry:

[quote name='orthetic']Alright guys, this is it!! ITS IN!! Check out my blog post here for pics!! Yay Buy.com!!

http://www.ragingforce.com/index.ph...-stick-unboxing&catid=39:daily-blog&Itemid=59[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'll be getting mines tomorrow according to the fedex tracking.
I got another one last month from Gamestop.com and it came packaged the exact same way.
Same box and everything.

I'm guessing they are being sent from Madcatz and then being sent out right away. The box has enough room to actually fit 2 TE sticks.

Now I need to find a way to sell my 360 SE stick modded with Sanwa JLF and the 8 Sanwa buttons pulled from my TE stick.

Well, I just got my copy of Street Fighter IV in. So now I have the right stick, with the right game, and its an awesome combination!! I've only had a little time to play it, but I beat it on medium with Ryu and Blanka. I love the new stick with SF4 and SSF2:Remix!

Yeah got my TE stick yesterday. I spent a good 8 hours on it but one of the buttons stopped responding and/or messed up my control config for a minute. Replugged it in and no issues, went at it for another 3 hours today with no issues. TE is the way to go.

Buy.com took awhile but from what I've seen they are second only behind Gamestop.com in getting orders out fast, and Gamestop.com charged me taxes where as Buy.com didn't *shrugs*.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I actually enjoy the clicking of the joystick. Its slightly tactile and it helps me *know* I positioned the stick accurately. My Hori Tekken 5 joystick had this feature on the PS2 and I liked it there as well.

On a side note, Markman, you're sig just reminded me I want Tekken 6 sooo bad. Thank God its coming to Xbox 360!

Yes, that's one very big benefit to using a stick that clicks. You KNOW it's working.

Also! Anyone have any comments on the product after they tried them out? Gimme some background info... I like to hear about things so I can hope to further improve the design of future sticks.

If anyone is still looking for Street Fighter Fightpads, and lives in New York, the Gamestop in Port Washington, Long Island got 3 in today. I purchased the Ken, they have Blanka and Chunli left but no more fight sticks I think everyone is sold out everywhere :(

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes, that's one very big benefit to using a stick that clicks. You KNOW it's working.

Also! Anyone have any comments on the product after they tried them out? Gimme some background info... I like to hear about things so I can hope to further improve the design of future sticks.[/QUOTE]

You guys did a great job on the design and it being noob friendly to mod.

I find the slant on the SE stick very comfortable on my palms. The Madcatz Sanwa knockoff parts are very disappointing once you feel the real deal. But to a new stick owner they wouldn't know the difference. I thought the buttons were great until I got my TE in, then I realized that I couldn't enjoy the buttons on the SE anymore.

The TE stick is amazing, not as comfortable but I'm guessing it's not meant to be played in your lap. My arm is constantly rubbing on the left corner of the casing. Very irritating. But other than that the only thing I can complain about is that the buttons are a little too close to the stick, but it's worth it for the nice 8-button layout.
Not sure what Sanwa stick is in the TE's but the JLF I ordered seemed to be not as tight as the TE one.
Also both sticks are incredibly noob friendly to mod. I switch the buttons on both sticks my first time in less than 1/2 hour.

Fightpad was great at first but once I went to a stick, I can't even stand playing on a controller anymore. I bought one and after 1 week of use the pad kept disconnecting and reconnecting to the Xbox with all USB and plugs secured. Returned the pad and got another one and now this D-pad is about 1mm off center. They are nice though, if you like to play with a controller.

Also question MM, do you prefer a ball top or a bat top?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']The TE stick is amazing, not as comfortable but I'm guessing it's not meant to be played in your lap. My arm is constantly rubbing on the left corner of the casing. Very irritating. But other than that the only thing I can complain about is that the buttons are a little too close to the stick, but it's worth it for the nice 8-button layout.[/QUOTE]

I agree with greyz on the topic of it not being as comfortable. I'll want to clock in more time, but a couple things I noticed was that I *DO* rest the joystick in my lap. I was thankful that the rubber feet on the bottom did not dig into my legs. I like the angle of the stick, but my right wrist keeps finding that little screw on the bottom right of the faceplate. That is a little annoying, but if i'm careful about where I lay my right hand/wrist then its not too much of an issue.

I also prefer the ball type control stick as it feels i'm making less movement vs. using a bat top based stick. I would agree that the 8 buttons on the face are perhaps a *bit* too close to the stick. For the most part, it is a non-issue and i'm being nit-picky here. If I could move all the buttons 1" over to the right, that would be fantastic. Definitely the low-profile, non-tactile buttons are a winner for this stick.

As far as background history goes. I currently own the Nubytech Street Fighter Anniversary joystick. I also own the Hori Tekken 5 Anniversary Stick. I enjoy both of those sticks greatly, however the Tekken 5 stick is the better of the two. Without any shadow of doubt, the SFIV:TE stick puts it to rest. Both in terms of construction and in quality of components used. Prior to those sticks, my experience is with the Neo Geo AES Joysticks, SNES Super Advantage Joystick, and then it breaks down into a long line of PC based Joysticks meant for use with flight sims as well.

Let me know if there is something specific you're interested in.

bread's done
Back