Street Fighter IV (360 & PS3) Price Drop $40

[quote name='Greenboom98']Anybody knows if the Collector's Edition PS3 also went down too?[/QUOTE]

It is still full price. It sounds like Best Buys are selling limited/collector editions at 50% off, but it's strictly YMMV.

[quote name='crackers8199']Best Buy will price match GameStop, so it's effectively $40 at BBY too if you know what you're doing.[/QUOTE]

How exactly do you prove the price at GameStop? Snap a picture of it?

I noticed the price drop yesterday and went to Gamestop today to pick up the used copy (dropped to $34.99) on the PS3. Subtract off the 20% coupon (which expires today) and 10% edge and I think I walked out the door for less than $25. I don't have have the receipt with me for the exact amount. Given, it's not new, but my copy is like new and $5 cheaper than the used Gamefly sale.

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']How exactly do you prove the price at GameStop? Snap a picture of it?[/QUOTE]

print out the online listing, they'll call gamestop and verify it. takes 2 minutes (maybe even less if they already have the number handy)...

[quote name='PhrostByte']If you don't have this game yet, you suck.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, just maybe, people are smart enough to wait for Street Fighter 4: 2nd or 3rd Strike. Don't say it's not an inevitability.

[quote name='c']Maybe, just maybe, people are smart enough to wait for Street Fighter 4: 2nd or 3rd Strike. Don't say it's not an inevitability.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's definitely worth waiting a year plus to play Street Fighter 4, a game that took about 10 years to come out, just to hold off for an unannounced and possibly non-existent upgrade and save a few dollars.

[quote name='c']Maybe, just maybe, people are smart enough to wait for Street Fighter 4: 2nd or 3rd Strike. Don't say it's not an inevitability.[/QUOTE]

That's actually what I'm holding out for. I don't trust Capcom on not re-releasing each one of their Street Fighter games multiple times.

Sorry, I just don't have the will power for that.

It's 34.99 used at Gamestop/EB. If you print the 20% off PS3 games coupon off and take it over yet tonight, you'll walk out with a copy for $26.20 like I did :)

Get Turbo HD Remix for less and call it a day; I really didn't enjoy SF4 that much. Of course I was playing it earlier today but that's besides the point..,

The game is stupid (priorites and hit boxes are all over the place. Nevermind how slow and unsafe tons of moves are) but it's fun when you play with friends. HD remix is worlds better though.

All my friends play this. I'm the odd one out because I refused to pay MSRP. $36 new from Amazon is a pretty nice deal.. might pick it up.

Typical, now I have to wait for another coupon cycle to get it for under $25.

Although with tax, I might as well go for the Gamefly, it's worth it just to not deal with the stickers on the case.

Great game, my favorite PS3 fighter so far! I'm currently in G1 in champion mode. There are lots of noobs in player matches that automatically kick you if you have a gold title or box head icon!

Rumor has it that the game will be officially revealed to players at this year's Super Battle Opera (Tougeki), which takes place from August 14 - 16.

Totally worth $40 though. And if you love it, buy the inevitable sequel.

Yeah. I never bought this because I did not have an arcade stick nor a FightPad. I just recently got myself a FightPad, so this is up next!

I just bought it yesterday for less than $20. A 360 used copy at my local Family Video reduced the price from $29.99 (as it's still listed on their website) to $19.99. If you happen to have a Family Video near you, it might be worth a call. Also reduced in price was Riddick for the 360. That too is going for $19.99. The fact that Family Video stores typically resurfaces the disk before giving it to you makes it a pretty good deal. My copy looks virtually brand new including the box and instructions.

[quote name='ninja dog']Yeah, it's definitely worth waiting a year plus to play Street Fighter 4, a game that took about 10 years to come out, just to hold off for an unannounced and possibly non-existent upgrade and save a few dollars.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Comeon people, don't pass this game up for 40.00

[quote name='s2k']This game is awesome does anyone know if the collectors edition dropped as well? Is it 40 bucks new?[/QUOTE]

Good luck on finding any store with it still in stock. A few BB's in the St. Louis area still have the 360 CE for full price. No one I know of has seen a new PS3 CE in stock for months.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Good luck on finding any store with it still in stock. A few BB's in the St. Louis area still have the 360 CE for full price. No one I know of has seen a new PS3 CE in stock for months.[/QUOTE]

Indeed the collector's edition PS3 is really really hard to find. I haven't had any luck at BB. One of my GS has one in stock but at 79.99 is a bit too much. In the end I might end up submitting to it just because I want the CE version of it. Yes I know I'm insane. LOL :whistle2:D

[quote name='ninja dog']Yeah, it's definitely worth waiting a year plus to play Street Fighter 4, a game that took about 10 years to come out, just to hold off for an unannounced and possibly non-existent upgrade and save a few dollars.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you are aware this is Cheap Ass Gamer, right? Saving a few dollars against all logic or reason is what we're all about.

Trading in my 360 version at Goozex for 1000 points. Purchasing PS3 version at $36. Friends somehow talked me into getting this for the 360. That was a huge mistake that can finally be corrected.

I will miss all the unlocked characters, and the unlocked costumes, plus I downloaded all the costume packs...

[quote name='c']Wait, you are aware this is Cheap Ass Gamer, right? Saving a few dollars against all logic or reason is what we're all about.[/QUOTE]

This is SF4 we're talking about. :D

Dammit, was out of town and missed the chance to get this with the extra 20% off on PS3 games. I guess I am waiting until that coupon comes back around.

I can't wait to get this, but I can't get myself to buy it right now. I passed on it when it was $37 at Target so that I could get a better deal later on. Looks like not too much longer now.

Also, I updated the original post. Thanks, joker______.

[quote name='PhrostByte']This is SF4 we're talking about. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha I know, I'm just really trying to be a hardass because I've been an inch away from buying it every time there's been a deal...

Being told I sucked for not buying it yet just made it that much harder for me to resist, because I know it's true. :D

[quote name='c']Haha I know, I'm just really trying to be a hardass because I've been an inch away from buying it every time there's been a deal...

Being told I sucked for not buying it yet just made it that much harder for me to resist, because I know it's true. :D[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat as you, dude. The second I saw that post, I told myself I was going to get it right then.

Oh well, the CAG blood running through my veins kept me at bay.

[quote name='Japakneez']The funny thing is that gamestop is overflowing with used copies of this game :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's because all the Ken spammers started not to be able to win with their tactics and they said "F this" and traded it in.

SF4 is the stimulus package we've been waiting for. Let's just put it this way, during the SF4 finals at this years EVO tournament there were over 23,000 people watching the live stream and nearly 3000 in attendance.

If you don't have this game already, you just don't know what you're missing!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The game is stupid (priorites and hit boxes are all over the place. Nevermind how slow and unsafe tons of moves are) but it's fun when you play with friends. HD remix is worlds better though.[/QUOTE]
Stupid game? Hell no! More like stupid player.

Say what you will. I've played the game extensively since launch. Capcom made so many changes to the engine for the worse and the runaway game is beyond ridiculous.

That's why they make a dozen versions of these things. You'd think it'd be for easy cash, and it is, but there's actually desire to iron things out more. Gotta wonder how the "finished product" will turn out.

[quote name='ackbar7']Dammit, was out of town and missed the chance to get this with the extra 20% off on PS3 games. I guess I am waiting until that coupon comes back around.[/QUOTE]

CAG giveth and it also taketh away, I'm in the same boat, come on PS3 coupon within a month lol.

[quote name='salazarmark']Stupid game? Hell no! More like stupid player.[/QUOTE]There's no need to make personal attacks simply because someone has a different opinion than you.

bread's done
Back