Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']do research on Neo Geo[/quote]

Are you talking about what they did with the neo geo pocket color? That was a badass joystick.

I think he's referring to the Neo CD pads. They're decent but I'd still take a Sega Saturn pad over them any day of the week.

actually I tried that to RelentlessRolento but I still found far more on the neo geo system than controllers heh.

[quote name='PhoenixT']actually I tried that to RelentlessRolento but I still found far more on the neo geo system than controllers heh.[/quote]

look up neo geo pocket color things talking about the d-pad... man I love that d-pad but I do wish it never clicked.

Im not sure what that dpad is. From that image it looks like a big rubber button, that would slide up, down, left, right, diagonal much like an analog stick. If that is the case then i dunno if i would want it.

What would be perfect is a 360 controller, with the left analog and dpad swapped, only give us a good Dpad this time. A dpad that is built INTO the controller like Wii Classic controller or even PS3 dpads. Those are inside the controller and are in groves so they wont slide around. Which makes it a hell of a lot easier to press the correct direction that you want. Is that too much to ask for? Seriously, stop making the same controller with a different color and give us an alternative with the left analog and dpad swapped. :bomb:

Well....you can modify your own controllers. Yeah, all those ideas are great but if they haven't come out with anything yet and those are the pics for the ones that are to come out maybe you should take matters in your own hands. Get creative and see what happens.

Kotaku has just posted an article in which a screenshot is revealed that reveals the whole cast. In the bottom row it looks like Rose is one of the new characters in the game, which im really excited about.

sf4rose.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5082489/complete-street-fighter-iv-character-roster-revealed

So who are the missing characters now? Just Dee Jay? T-Hawk is apparently in there, some developer slipped when asked who was the toughest character to transfer over and he said T-Hawk because his head was so huge.

I kinda hope they add more Alpha characters though. Charlie, Karin, the Final Fight characters. They're probably holding all them off for the inevitable flood of SFIV variants between now and our grandchildren playing SFV.

by the way if you are a fan of the Street Fighter series you must see "Street Fighter: The Later Years" on Collegehumor. It is a great series that still makes me laugh every time I see it.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I kinda hope they add more Alpha characters though. Charlie, Karin, the Final Fight characters. They're probably holding all them off for the inevitable flood of SFIV variants between now and our grandchildren playing SFV.[/quote]

I agree with both parts of this statement. I'm hoping SFIV becomes an Ultimate Match type game with the best Street Fighter characters duking it out. Rose and Sakura are a good start but where's Yun and Yang from SFIII? I guess we'll have to wait for SFIV: Bionic Commandos from the Future Super Hi Def Remix # The Christmas Carnival.

[quote name='depascal22']SFIV: Bionic Commandos from the Future Super Hi Def Remix # The Christmas Carnival.[/QUOTE]

If they don't make this into a game, I hope it's made into an 80's style cartoon, complete with lots of lasers and flat-top haircuts.

That's all I ever wanted.

Is it to much to ask for Alex and Ibuki back I really really liked those two chars instead I get the entire SF2 cast...alll...over..again. Don't get me wrong I like them but what I liked about SF3 and its revisions so much is that you had a whole slew of new fighters many with totally new styles to play with. Yeah it was hard but you could go back to a simpler fighting style with them.

[quote name='PhoenixT']Is it to much to ask for Alex and Ibuki back I really really liked those two chars instead I get the entire SF2 cast...alll...over..again. Don't get me wrong I like them but what I liked about SF3 and its revisions so much is that you had a whole slew of new fighters many with totally new styles to play with. Yeah it was hard but you could go back to a simpler fighting style with them.[/quote]

The sentiment seems to be that they want to stay very far away from SF3. Hence another announcement about Rose being in the roster.

Did people really hate SF3 that much? I loved it , it felt like a fresh start the only thing bad about it was the end boss was ridiculously hard to beat because you "had" to use the counter system and be damn near perfect with it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Speaking of Bionic Commando...It would be pretty cool to have him as a character on this game.[/quote]

not happening. ono stated no guest characters.

[quote name='PhoenixT']Did people really hate SF3 that much? I loved it , it felt like a fresh start the only thing bad about it was the end boss was ridiculously hard to beat because you "had" to use the counter system and be damn near perfect with it.[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike is highly, highly regarded. As a matter of fact, many would say it's the greatest fighting game ever created.

Myself included.

But yeah, Street Fighter 4 could use some 3s characters. Give me Hugo!

I wouldn't be so concerned about characters. Let's not pretend like this is going to be the only version of SFIV. The Super Hyper Turbo Striking Impacts revisions should provide lots more characters. Maybe it'll just be offered as DLC for consoles.

ono sounds like he dosn't want to go near DLC in terms of new characters due to balance. only way I could see it done is through the standard revisions like you stated.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']ono sounds like he dosn't want to go near DLC in terms of new characters due to balance. only way I could see it done is through the standard revisions like you stated.[/quote]

How would DLC make them not balanced?

I think it has something to do with rushing them out without putting enough effort into tweaking them to be just right.

I honestly believe that Street Fighter IV will be the first game I buy DLC for, especially if their are new fighters involved. As long as it's both cheaper and a better value than the Soul Calibur IV DLC, I'll most likely take my first step into paid DLC with SFIV.

Character balance isn't just about one character. It's about how that character can interract with the entire cast. Many characters have people they are very good and very bad against while they are even with the rest. If you add just one character, it messes up the balance the game has.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']not happening. ono stated no guest characters.[/quote]
I thought he was meaning from other companies franchises

[quote name='The 7th Number']Get your Haduken on Feb 17th! Its been confirmed SF IV will release Feb 17th![/quote]

Just in time to recover from the multitude of games I've bought over the last couple of weeks. :applause:

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']what a weird release date, mid feb.[/quote]

I'm not arguing. It wouldn't be a big Christmas present type gift since it's not meant for kids. It gives everyone a chance to pay off Christmas and then go out and buy a copy and a stick or pad.

It is good they pushed back the release to February 2009. Now, perhaps I'll actually play/buy it. Releasing it during the 2008 Holiday Chaos was a bad idea (see: Far Cry 2).

I just saw this video on GameVideos on Friday and thought it was worth posting. It has in game footage of Gouken (a.k.a. Sheng Long) vs. Ryu in SFIV. Obviously he has some moves similar to Ken and Ryu, but he has some rushing punches that remind me of Makoto and Fei Long. I can't wait to try him out on 2/17/09.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/22611

The first (Euro)Street Fighter IV Special Edition details and pics have finally surfaced. Ryu and Crimson Viper figures, a DVD with trailers and the full-length anime movie, a mini strategy guide for the four new fighters & exclusive downloadable content for Street Fighter IV GREAT! There goes another $20 if this is the same for the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Special Editions should come with Arcade Sticks.

Also, how does one go about sanding down a 360 d-pad?

stupid question -

is this game 3d or 2d? 3d in the sense, that can you actually sidestep fireballs like the new mortal kombat games?

It's 2D with 3D graphics, AS IT SHOULD BE!!!:lol::lol::lol:

:cool: My 500th post!!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gsr']stupid question -

is this game 3d or 2d? 3d in the sense, that can you actually sidestep fireballs like the new mortal kombat games?[/QUOTE]

No. You fight on a 2D plane.

The only thing 3D about it is that it has polygonal graphics and features dramatic camera angles during some of the moves.

bread's done
Back