Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='evyrew']I second that thought as well.... IStTaW :cool:

what do ToV/ME stand for?
Tales of Vesperia and... Mass Effect?[/quote]

Yes that is correct.

In terms of impressions, that's what every single impressions article I've seen says about it. They want the game to play like SF 2, but the focus attacks, the super's/ultra's, and the EX move combos are in there for fans of SF 3/Capcom vs. SNK, etc.

I don't know what else you want; there's probably about 5-10 people on CAG that have played the game already, and only about 2-3 of them could answer your question to your satisfaction I guess. PM Markman or Desert Eagle.

[quote name='lolwut?']So I haven't really been keeping up with any SF4 news as I'm probably not going to buy it (at least not at launch price), but for anyone who has already played it or the arcade version, how is it?

Which Street Fighter would you compare it to the most?[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter 2 with Street Fighter 3's pacing.

Focus attacks and ultras are completely new so they aren't comparable to anything.

It's a great game though! Highly recommend it.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's designed for anyone who hasn't played since SF2 to pickup and play. From impressions I've read it's as close to arcade perfect as it can get. Plus since it won't have an official arcade release outside Japan, it's probably your only way to play it.

Heads up on the CE according to Capcom: The CE is sold out and Capcom will not produce anymore, so it will be a ToV/ME value CE instead of something like Madden or GTA.[/quote]

wait how is it sold out, i can still place orders on Deepdiscount and gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']Ahhh okay. cool. So you only get a token for 5 costumes. Thats good, then ill just get the regular version and buy a 1600 points card with the 20 dollars i would have spent on the collectors edition.[/quote]

I'm still trying to decide if I should do that too. Some guy is selling 4000 pt cards for $40 on ebay.

These are my options:
1. Keep my capcom.com pre-order for about $71.99 or whatever it is.
2. Go pre-order at GS/GC for $59.99 + 6% MD sales tax = $63.59.

I guess it's worth the extra $8 or whatever to just keep the capcom.com pre-order... Only problem is that I won't be getting it on release day. :(

[quote name='Furashu']wait how is it sold out, i can still place orders on Deepdiscount and gamestop.[/quote]

From the Capcom Unity forum by Seth Killian, the head PR guy:

"Hey guys,

Just a heads up--if you're thinking of picking up a Collector's Edition of SFIV, you should lock in your preorder ASAP. Our production quantities are fixed, so this is actually a limited item, and the way things are looking lately, these are going to be completely gone in the very near future.

I'd also suggest a preorder on the regular edition SFIV if you're hoping to play it the first days after release--I don't think anyone here was quite ready for the heat that's been building around the game lately and I just want to make sure that everyone who was already planning on buying it doesn't have to end up waiting, especially if your local store didn't happen to order extras.

If you don't care about SFIV, then, um... continue doing nothing (and stop reading SFIV threads!)
smiley-laughing.gif

best,

Seth"

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...ne_planning_on_buying_SFIV_Collectors_Edition

Pre order even regular editions? I think ill be able to walk into target/walmart/bestbuy/Circuit...err nevermind, and pick one up without a problem.

My question is who is selling the SFIV Gamepads? Is that gamestop, or will walmart/best buy/target carry them too?

2009 Is the year of the Ox. Many artist are celebrating this by dressing up characters in cow-print. What we have here is most likely art that was done for an office new year card, or maybe just done to celebrate with the Chinese Zodiac.

Considering the "Year" Began on Jan 26 by that calender, it's a fairly well-timed celebration.

Year of Ox Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox_(zodiac)

Anywho, I love the Pixel art-style character artwork of the theme. (Especially since that's the closest we'll get to SFIV in 2D artwork... even for the new characters!) Darnit Capcom, I already got theme 1... stop making me wanna drop points on this one, too! I want points for Arcade Games, not just your well-made items... -_-;

[quote name='The 7th Number']
3223142295_4377734758.jpg

Damn i want one.....anyone know where i can pre order it?[/quote]

That's probably the only faceplate I'd ever put on my 360

[quote name='The 7th Number']Here are some pictures of the 2nd SFIV premium theme. Looks pretty cool, not sure if i want to buy it though. I dont really get the "happy new year" background. Seems rather odd.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x98/QuBix16/?action=view&current=IMG_0106.jpg
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x98/QuBix16/?action=view&current=IMG_0107.jpg
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x98/QuBix16/?action=view&current=IMG_0108.jpg
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x98/QuBix16/?action=view&current=IMG_0109.jpg
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x98/QuBix16/?action=view&current=IMG_0110.jpg
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x98/QuBix16/?action=view&current=IMG_0112.jpg[/quote]

Do you know where I can find pics of the 1st SF4 premium theme better yet do you know where I can find pics of any premium theme? They don't let you look at it before you buy it.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']the faceplate/skins are available at gs now for $30[/quote]

What? I dont want to pay for skins i wont use. I just want the faceplate. For like 20 or less.

Are you sure its the same? The skins/faceplate on GS.com isnt the same as the one i posted a pic of. Which is the one im looking for.

[quote name='AlphaQSilly']Do you know where I can find pics of the 1st SF4 premium theme better yet do you know where I can find pics of any premium theme? They don't let you look at it before you buy it.[/quote]

Try google. I often find threads from people who posted pics of the themes. Even sometimes youtube will show some. I know the first premium theme for SFIV is on google somewhere.

I've never really thought about putting a skin on, but damn, that skin is really awesome.
[quote name='AlphaQSilly']Do you know where I can find pics of the 1st SF4 premium theme better yet do you know where I can find pics of any premium theme? They don't let you look at it before you buy it.[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ayvOknT88
I think I like the 2nd premium theme better. Just wish the "My Xbox" wallpaper was something different.

[quote name='MSUHitman']From the Capcom Unity forum by Seth Killian, the head PR guy:

"Hey guys,

Just a heads up--if you're thinking of picking up a Collector's Edition of SFIV, you should lock in your preorder ASAP. Our production quantities are fixed, so this is actually a limited item, and the way things are looking lately, these are going to be completely gone in the very near future.

I'd also suggest a preorder on the regular edition SFIV if you're hoping to play it the first days after release--I don't think anyone here was quite ready for the heat that's been building around the game lately and I just want to make sure that everyone who was already planning on buying it doesn't have to end up waiting, especially if your local store didn't happen to order extras.

If you don't care about SFIV, then, um... continue doing nothing (and stop reading SFIV threads!)
smiley-laughing.gif

best,

Seth"

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...ne_planning_on_buying_SFIV_Collectors_Edition[/quote]

all marketing, its just like LE of MGS4/SC4/FF12

Anyone know if the cheaper stick and the pads are going to be limited to a certain amount?

I have the TE stick on pre order but was going to pick up the cheaper stick as well. I might hold off if I will be able to get it down the road.

[quote name='Furashu']all marketing, its just like LE of MGS4/SC4/FF12[/quote]

I guess he's doing his job then isn't he? And all of your examples are limited. I haven't seen a MGS4 LE around these parts for months. Yes, you can buy them at Gamestop but how many LEs of those three have you seen sealed lately?

[quote name='KaneRobot']That 2nd premium theme would be great if it weren't for the stupid Happy New Year background. I regret buying the 1st one.[/quote]

Well, considering the only backgrounds i normally see when im on my xbox are the main dashboard background and the My Games background, the happy new year background wouldnt even be seen by me. So that wouldnt matter to me.

I wish these premium themes would do something more with the bottom part of the theme, instead of just adding a background to it.

I posted this in the original deal thread, but I thought I should post this here too, just in case.

If you ordered a TE stick through the Capcom store, you might not get the stick at launch and you'll have to wait for the second batch. Check out the letter someone one Shoryuken got...

[quote name='mr_coo168']I ordered 3 TE fightstick from them and got my order # and invoice. the next day i went to my bank and notice they charged me (over drafted fee) So i Emailed them asking Y i was charged and when would the expected date to be delivered. Here is the Reply:

Hello xxx,

The arcade sticks should shipped out from the Capcom Store once it has been received from the manufacturer. Now understand that preordering from our website does not guarantee that you will get one at launch. The manufacturer Madkatz as informed us that they are currently over sold are in the process of making more.

There was no charge made on your account but we merely verify that the credit card is valid. Now your bank may see this differently unfortunately that is not within our control. We only charge the card once the item has been shipped. You may want to contact your bank to see what can be done about this.

CAPCOM Customer Support:

(There was no charge made on your account but we merely verify that the credit card is valid). Wtf there nothing said about this when ordering, and to make things worst ( Now understand that preordering from our website does not guarantee that you will get one at launch. The manufacturer Madkatz as informed us that they are currently over sold are in the process of making more. ) WTF why put it up on your web site for preordering? if your not guarantee one on launch date. Did they not check with there manufacturer before putting it up for people to preoder. This is Bull Crap

I read Capcom FAQ: When will my credit card be charged?
If you have ordered physical products we don't think you should pay for your order until it is actually on its way. We will not bill you until your product(s), including backordered or preordered items, are actually shipped. If your items are shipped separately you will be billed each time an item is shipped.

This is Fxxing Bullsheit, now i have to talk with my bank. Anyone have anything to say about this?? Is there a # i can call to cancel this bullsheit Pissed off at the email repy they sent me.

Cliffs: Got charged and Overdrafted Fee from bank
Not Guarantee to have my te sticks on launch date and are oversold??[/quote]
:evil::evil::evil:Bastards over-drafted me too. I AM NOT AMUSED, CAPCOM!!!:evil::evil::evil:

Has anyone ordered from liongames recently? It looks like they are currently shipping Street Fighter 4 today! I sent Tony an email through his site since he hasn't been on here in a long time. I'm definitely ordering it if it's true, I can't wait for this after playing the crap out of HD Remix for two months.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I posted this in the original deal thread, but I thought I should post this here too, just in case.

If you ordered a TE stick through the Capcom store, you might not get the stick at launch and you'll have to wait for the second batch. Check out the letter someone one Shoryuken got...

:evil::evil::evil:Bastards over-drafted me too. I AM NOT AMUSED, CAPCOM!!!:evil::evil::evil:
[/quote]

Its their fault you didn't have the money?

[quote name='telemundus']Has anyone ordered from liongames recently? It looks like they are currently shipping Street Fighter 4 today! I sent Tony an email through his site since he hasn't been on here in a long time. I'm definitely ordering it if it's true, I can't wait for this after playing the crap out of HD Remix for two months.[/quote]

But would he even have copies of the game, has it gone gold yet?

[quote name='The 7th Number']But would he even have copies of the game, has it gone gold yet?[/quote]

Doubt it, and I would imagine he'd take some flak from Capcom or his distributor if this was the case.

[quote name='mike.m']Its their fault you didn't have the money?[/quote]
No, it's their fault for putting aside the funds for both my normal order AND the order I canceled 15 minutes after I had placed it. It said on their website that they don't charge you until the physical product ships, but they never said anything about setting aside the funds for your order until it ships. The money was there for one order, not two, and that was the problem. I wasn't buying something that I don't have a way of paying for. I'm not a deadbeat.:roll::roll::roll:

The overdraft issue was resolved the following day, but it did cause a headache or two.:headache::headache:.....:lol:

@The 7th Number: No demo, unfortunately. :(

[quote name='mike.m']Its their fault you didn't have the money?[/quote]

It's a perfectly reasonable quote, I know if I read that they didn't charge untill the item ships and I didn't quite have the money but knew I was going to say get a paycheck by the time said item came out I would go ahead and order especially considering how limited this item is.

It is their fault, if they state they don't take any money untill the item ships and they infringe on that it is their fault.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']It's a perfectly reasonable quote, I know if I read that they didn't charge untill the item ships and I didn't quite have the money but knew I was going to say get a paycheck by the time said item came out I would go ahead and order especially considering how limited this item is.

It is their fault, if they state they don't take any money untill the item ships and they infringe on that it is their fault.[/quote]

THey aren't taking money out, they are confirming you even have the funds to begin with.

[quote name='mike.m']THey aren't taking money out, they are confirming you even have the funds to begin with.[/quote]

They should state that they hold the funds then, it's the same as charging you for it now.

If it was just pending funds however then the fault lies with the bank, they should not overdraft you for pending funds.

It is Capcom's fault that people don't know how Credit/Debit works? As far as I know, all the reputable online retailers charge to verify that you actually have the money at that time... especially for a $150.00 item.

It was my first time ordering through the Capcom Store, so I checked the F.A.Q. to see when I'd be billed. It said that I wouldn't be charged until the item ships and it didn't mention anything about holding funds until that time. I canceled my first order as quickly as I did because I wasn't sure if they would put aside the full amount or not if, in fact, they were going to hold the funds for my order.

This isn't Street Fighter IV related, unlike the Kotaku link bs000 posted.

Looks like I know which pack I'll be getting with the C.E. costume token. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back