Street Fighter IV PS3 Official Discussion Thread

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Can't believe a thread hasn't already been made for PS3 version only but whatever.

So I'll be getting the LE and after the Kotaku hands-on (http://kotaku.com/5128016/ces-09-hands-on-with-mad-catzs-street-fighter-iv-tournament-sticks) I decided I wanted the tournament stick. Now my local Gamestop was accepting pre-orders for it ($50 minimum down.)

Edit: Sorry I'm contributing to the shoto problem online. I've played Ryu since SF 1 LOL (although my SF 1 cabinet was a regular one, not the button mashing one) so that's who I'm most comfortable and best with, especially for a ranked match.

If I get into a player match with any of you, I'll mix it up, even though it's still going to be a heavy dose of shoto with some C. Viper, Abel, and Sagat mixed in. I'm still not good with the ultra/super charging combos (Bison, Chun-Li, etc.) You don't have to worry about me using Zangief, Vega, or El Fuerte ever.

PSN CAG's with the game:
MSUHitman :D
Pootie Thang
ohvermie
Phoom
GodlyOne
Ghost Face 36
Hnd2Glnd
brighenne
Dunkindoanuts
Kenpachi Exodia
jman4482
Godashram
The UMX
JEKKI
Peloquin 17
firearmman
minibossbattle
gf_
nbballard
RSA165
bttip
Esper 15
Rolento
shiki DELACROIX
blueweltall
Senior LULZ
Mogambi
Kuroi Kaze
slamz0rz
dmunkee
ManaKnight
Peloquin17
MrDiamondJ
GenDV138
Nibi117
Phoenix_Azure
WillieAmes
Dasflikko
Uraizen
bengy81
geohen
wotcher
blinkandprep

Last edited by a moderator:
150 bucks? That's a lot of stick.

Amazon doesn't have a price for that particular stick yet, but I'd keep an eye on that, you'd most likely find a better deal there.

Although, you'd probably be just as well off with a Hori stick. You can find them on amazon for around 80 bucks, and they work great. I got one recently and it was totally worth the money.

Lol, I almost thought you were talking about SFII Turbo HD Remix for a 2nd (which we have a thread about). ;)

I plan to get it on PS3, but I forget about starting threads for various games a lot (especially if they aren't for game nights). I won't get it on release, but definitely will during the first Meijer sale.

I've always considered myself a casual SF fan, in that I've loved the series since SFII, but have never been really good at it (memorizing combos, counters, etc.). So I was planning on waiting to pickup SFIV. But two things have happened that have me rethinking that - one, I got a $25 Amazon gift cert and two, I saw what's included in the CE. Now I'm seriously considering it. The anime looks very good so far - here's a trailer for it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35813.html

And we get it on blu-ray, so that's even better. Plus that Ryu figurine is awesome. :)

The ONLY thing still having me hesitate on this is that I was thinking of applying the $25 gift cert to RE5 instead.

Oh, one more thing - here's a link to the full trophy list: http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/street-fighter-iv/trophies/titleASC/

[quote name='HrTbRk_OnE']150 bucks? That's a lot of stick.

Amazon doesn't have a price for that particular stick yet, but I'd keep an eye on that, you'd most likely find a better deal there.

Although, you'd probably be just as well off with a Hori stick. You can find them on amazon for around 80 bucks, and they work great. I got one recently and it was totally worth the money.[/quote]

Uh Amazon is already sold out of the stick, only 3,000 were made of each version. This stick is 100% Sanwa parts, while the Hori ones (especially the $80 ones) aren't.

So anyone think I should preorder 1 in-store and 1 online to make sure I get it and just resell the 2nd one or just keep the faith my local store will make good on my preorder?

Preordered The CE along with the Hardcover Prima Guide and the Chun-Li fight pad. I cannot personally justify getting a TE Stick, but it is a masterpiece.

GEtting the CE is no brainer for me. the only question I must ask is? Will Best Buy Carry it? Cause I havent' seen anything yet on their site.

[quote name='argyle']I've always considered myself a casual SF fan, in that I've loved the series since SFII, but have never been really good at it (memorizing combos, counters, etc.). http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/street-fighter-iv/trophies/titleASC/[/quote]

Yea, I think you and I are in the same boat. I loved Street Fighter growing up. However, none of us were ever any good at doing combos/moves or anything. We still thought we were hot shit though. I got online and started playing some of these CAG guys and all I could say was :drool:.

I'm ass, absolute ass at this game, but I still love it. With that said I'll probably wait and just get the game a few months after release. MLB 09 comes out a week or two afterwards, so that'll be my baby.

[quote name='cartman58']Yea, I think you and I are in the same boat. I loved Street Fighter growing up. However, none of us were ever any good at doing combos/moves or anything. We still thought we were hot shit though. I got online and started playing some of these CAG guys and all I could say was :drool:.

I'm ass, absolute ass at this game, but I still love it. With that said I'll probably wait and just get the game a few months after release. MLB 09 comes out a week or two afterwards, so that'll be my baby.[/quote]

you know I feel the same way about my skills at this game now. though my difference was that I was actually good at one time. I knew all the combos, etc. etc. now though when I lose it is like I can't react fast enough to stop what is happening to me. but I will get my skills back up to par and hopefully be good at this game because it looks absolutely beautiful.

[quote name='striker199']Hopefully the comments are right about it not being installed to the PS3 hdd that's causing it to slow down.[/QUOTE]I have a feeling that's it, because every Capcom retail release had an install and they kept insisting you wanted it mandatory (but removed it to make people happy). The HDD install really helped SCIV for an example, so we'll see.

I think I'm going to wait till it's like ~$35 new, last 2D fighter I played was SFII - so Capcom are targeting my audience, but I don't think I'll ever pay full price for a fighter and I'm content with a controller.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I wanna get this on the PS3, but I'm a little concerned with loading with the PS3 version compared to the 360's. Its almost insulting...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...Street_Fighter_IV_Playstation_3_Loading_Times[/quote]

A mod came on there later in the thread and stated there's no difference in load times now for the retail release so we'll see.

I'm just glad there's interest in this game on the PS3 section here. I was so worried I was making the wrong purchase decision as the 360 thread was at 4 pages (I have the max posts per page on) while the PS3 section did not have a SF IV thread until last weekend.

[quote name='striker199']Hopefully the comments are right about it not being installed to the PS3 hdd that's causing it to slow down.[/quote]

wouldn't installing it to the hdd reduce load times ?
anyway i am totally excited for this game, but i might wait til it goes on sale at some point.

Definitely getting it on the PS3 over 360 purely on the d pad and better collector's edition. I'm sure I'll suck at it just like I do on HD remix.

Hoping that by the time I have a PS3 to play this on, "Ultra Street Fighter IV: 2nd Ignition" will be out. :) Is there any information or speculation about forthcoming enhanced versions yet?

random question..I have the 25GC from TRU from the RB2 deal, is TRU taking in store pre orders anymore? (I've seen it available for pre order on the website but I've never preordered in store with them before)

Don't know, just go in and ask. Or just wait and you should be able to get it when it launches.

If they run out of SF IV, just use that GC on the Ultimate Genesis Collection and get it for $5.

Still can't decide which system I'm getting SFIV on, leaning towards the PS3 at the moment. But what's up with fighting games excluding rumble now?

The announcer in IV sounds like he'll get a little annoying since you can't turn off the match commentary, only if it was the same crazy announcer as in Alpha 3...

I think the mentality behind the no rumble in SFIV thing has to do with how it could complicate the execution.

If you're trying to dash cancel out of a focus attack and land an Ultra for a juggle, it could be pretty annoying if the controller is shaking like monkey that just shot up some crack.

How about trophies? Does the PS3 version have trophies? I already pre-ordered the CE for PS3, but gonna end up selling the game if no trophies.

That's the only reason i didn't get the HD Remix... I got Soldner X instead.

[quote name='Serpentor']How about trophies? Does the PS3 version have trophies? I already pre-ordered the CE for PS3, but gonna end up selling the game if no trophies.

That's the only reason i didn't get the HD Remix... I got Soldner X instead.[/quote]

All PS3/PSN games released after Jan. 1 2009 are REQUIRED to have trophies to achieve Sony Certification.

[quote name='Serpentor']Cool, now i can relax, thanks![/QUOTE]

I personally don't understand people like you (obsessed with trophies, achievements) but to one his own :D

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']GEtting the CE is no brainer for me. the only question I must ask is? Will Best Buy Carry it? Cause I havent' seen anything yet on their site.[/quote]

If you live near a Best Buy, see if they have a pre-order slip in the store. If they have one and don't list the CE, then they won't have it. It's not 100% Gamestop exclusive, as Amazon and Deep Discount are selling it online also.

[quote name='zewone']They're not planning on releasing any DLC characters, just costumes.[/quote]

no levels either? It would be kinda cool to have a change of scenery...

[quote name='GodlyOne']Nope, both versions don't have rumble.[/quote]

ok this is not as bad as I am thinking, I lived without it on ps3 for a year, plus now I won't feel bad when company has to use the plain controller :D lol

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I personally don't understand people like you (obsessed with trophies, achievements) but to one his own :D[/quote]

you know I felt the same way too for a while but after I started getting the achievements and trophies, it gives me a false sense of still being the best amongst my group of friends when I can prove I did stuff in video games that they haven't.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you live near a Best Buy, see if they have a pre-order slip in the store. If they have one and don't list the CE, then they won't have it. It's not 100% Gamestop exclusive, as Amazon and Deep Discount are selling it online also.[/quote]

I normally go at least once a week and I still haven't seen anything which sucks. but honestly I am not really worried because I still see all the CE copies of Fallout 3, Resistance 2, and so many other games that came out this past season at best buy. so I am sure they will have it sooner or later. Besides I want to get as many purchases as best buy as I can so I can keep my Premier silver status.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']

you know I felt the same way too for a while but after I started getting the achievements and trophies, it gives me a false sense of still being the best amongst my group of friends when I can prove I did stuff in video games that they haven't.
[/quote]

Same same... But i do it for personal reasons, just to get as many trophies as i can :) It does make you feel special in a way, i mean come on, i got 100% in PJM, not some lame ass trophies as in Lingering in Shadows. Currently working on 100% PJE (sadistic as hell). I kinda give up on Super Stardust... 15 bombs in Bomber mode? Crazy shit...

There's nothing more beautiful that enjoying a game and at the same time you get little fake rewards for it. It makes me feel good :)

Of course, getting hooked on the trophy is a different matter. In my case, i know my limitations, if i can't do it, i won't dwell on it. Like beating Uncharted on Hard (hell, i have trouble beating it on Normal).

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']GEtting the CE is no brainer for me. the only question I must ask is? Will Best Buy Carry it? Cause I havent' seen anything yet on their site.[/quote]

Speedy should have their ad about 2 weeks early so you'll definately know by the first week of February. As long as you pre-order from Gamestop more than a week in advance, you should be OK if BB doesn't carry it.

I too am getting the CE at gamestop. I can't wait! Anyone else going to buy the Fight Stick (non Tournament Edition)? I am so hyped for this game.
Also, does anyone think they will stink it up in this game? I haven't played SF since SNES.

[quote name='MiniB0ssBattle']I too am getting the CE at gamestop. I can't wait! Anyone else going to buy the Fight Stick (non Tournament Edition)? I am so hyped for this game.
Also, does anyone think they will stink it up in this game? I haven't played SF since SNES.[/quote]

All the gameplay videos and interviews with the design team seem to point towards this game being a home run.

I really like the more offense driven direction the game seems to be focused on. One thing I noticed that I think will be great is the amount of damage taken or given to your opponent seems very balanced. Instead of getting knocked out by a few strong moves, it looks like matches will be longer with more chances for a back and forth ebb and flow to each round.

Also that robust tutorial feature sounds absolutely fantastic. I simply can't wait for this game!

[quote name='MiniB0ssBattle']I too am getting the CE at gamestop. I can't wait! Anyone else going to buy the Fight Stick (non Tournament Edition)? I am so hyped for this game.
Also, does anyone think they will stink it up in this game? I haven't played SF since SNES.[/QUOTE]

I just came back from pre-ordering the Arcade stick. Had to put down $25.

I am out of the loop but do I have to preorder the Non-Tournament Arcade Sticks? Also, is it wired or wireless? I haven't seen any info about that.

[quote name='MiniB0ssBattle']I am out of the loop but do I have to preorder the Non-Tournament Arcade Sticks? Also, is it wired or wireless? I haven't seen any info about that.[/QUOTE]

GS is only taking pre-orders for the regular arcade stick. They stopped taking pre-orders for the Tournament Stick a while back. The PS3 sticks and fight pads are all wireless and the 360's are all wired.

bread's done
Back