Street Fighter IV PS3 Official Discussion Thread

[quote name='johnnypark']Agreed, lame DLC that I would never pay for, but Capcom specifically stated they have no interest in making characters as DLC or anything that could alter someone's gaming experience (at least for SF4). They want to make sure that character and gameplay-wise, everyone who plays the game is playing the same game, which I fully support. I just wish they had taken the same approach to Mega Man 9...

It's possible that Sony/Microsoft put pressure on developers and publishers to offer DLC to bring traffic to their online stores. That, and if anyone is willing to throw their money away on costumes, it makes business sense to increase their profits.

Now if they released new levels to fight in along with costumes (perhaps even classic levels and costumes from other SF or Capcom games) then I might be persuaded. I'd love to duke it out in Wiley's Castle, or surrounded by zombie spectators in the mall, or in Raccoon City :)[/quote]

You can blame microsoft for this one. They do NOT allow free dlc if they can avoid it. All of that stuff on Rainbow Six Vegas cost until the PS3 version came out and gave it for free. Valve was having these very same problems with TF2 on the 360 where they want to release the massive update and levels for free, but microsoft INSISTS that they CHARGE for it. I blame this squarely on microsoft for the glut of DLC. That and stupid consumers who got gangraped by Ace Combat on the 360. I also blame iDolm@ster and Oblivion's horse armor. i hate overpriced DLC. I WANT MY GOD DAMN COSTUMES TO BE FREE YOU SPOONS. I paid 80 for the collectors edition and you're still raping me for MOAR? OBAMA I SUMMON YOU FOR JUSTICE!

[quote name='MSUHitman']PS3 CE seems to be the one selling more, it's off the Gamestop website, while the 360 CE is still available. Don't know about BB.[/QUOTE]

I called Gamestop to see if I can still preorder it and the girl over the phone(who sounds really cute btw) told me Gamestop cut the preorder off. She told me she thinks a lot of people preordered the PS3 CE version because it has Ryu and the 360 version has the new girl in it. Surprise someone who works at GS knows what they're talking about and a girl to boot!

I called Blockbuster and they told me they won't even get the game until the 19th. Does anyone know how reliable newegg's preoders are and if their 3 day shipping would arrive on release date? I placed my order there. I'll probably go to Fry's on the 18th for it and just cancel my newegg's order.

Anyone get their SF fightsticks yet? I got a phantom call from GS and when I went to the store the next day, they said they didn't have them yet. I really want to get that arcade stick.

Also, I hope I don't have to relearn too many of the special moves (zangief and sagat comes to mind).

[quote name='Dasflikko']I hear ya! But maybe THIS will change your mind!!!!

http://www.streetfighter.com/myfistyourface/

Or not...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to check it out now, but I'll tell you got did get me excited for the game. On Neogaf, some people were making their own advertisement posters, and there was one where it says REVENGE and in the background, Sagat has Ryu holding him by the neck, and also part of the V (in revenge) was made from Sagat's scar. That mock ad, was fucking AWESOME!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349539&page=31

[quote name='gokou36']I called Gamestop to see if I can still preorder it and the girl over the phone(who sounds really cute btw) told me Gamestop cut the preorder off. She told me she thinks a lot of people preordered the PS3 CE version because it has Ryu and the 360 version has the new girl in it. Surprise someone who works at GS knows what they're talking about and a girl to boot!

I called Blockbuster and they told me they won't even get the game until the 19th. Does anyone know how reliable newegg's preoders are and if their 3 day shipping would arrive on release date? I placed my order there. I'll probably go to Fry's on the 18th for it and just cancel my newegg's order.[/quote]

Well given Monday's a holiday, I say you're better off going to Fry's than waiting for a NewEgg order.

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm going to check it out now, but I'll tell you got did get me excited for the game. On Neogaf, some people were making their own advertisement posters, and there was one where it says REVENGE and in the background, Sagat has Ryu holding him by the neck, and also part of the V (in revenge) was made from Sagat's scar. That mock ad, was fucking AWESOME!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349539&page=31[/quote]

I saw those. Many of them were simply brilliant!

went down to the BB on delaware ave earlier today and got a pre-order for the PS3 CE. (double checked the receipt to make sure it was the ps3 version) I am still a lil skeptical but having that preorder and receipt does make me feel a little bit better now. I will still get there the day off and as early as possible.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']went down to the BB on delaware ave earlier today and got a pre-order for the PS3 CE. (double checked the receipt to make sure it was the ps3 version) I am still a lil skeptical but having that preorder and receipt does make me feel a little bit better now. I will still get there the day off and as early as possible.[/quote]

Looks like you're guaranteed your Collector's now.

I was watching the IGN Stratagize vid and wow, I can't believe I've never known that you could do a quick get up after being knocked down. :oops:

uh how the hell do u do like blankas moves?

or any of the characters that is like back,forward, punch.

i can do all of the quater circles and stuff... but have a horrible time executing the other moves.

i've always know them as charge one direction for at least 2 seconds, then press in the opposite direction and a button. Might not have to charge that long, which is maybe why I get my ass handed to me when I play charge characters lol

does anybody know if you'd be able to customize your character's look (besides alternate costumes...stuff like specific clothing color combinations, skin color, etc)?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GodlyOne']Looks like you're guaranteed your Collector's now.

I was watching the IGN Stratagize vid and wow, I can't believe I've never known that you could do a quick get up after being knocked down. :oops:[/quote]

hopefully, I will still scramble on day one to get there though to get my copy. Plus I will still support you in you getting your CE copy.

[quote name='Furashu']uh how the hell do u do like blankas moves?

or any of the characters that is like back,forward, punch.

i can do all of the quater circles and stuff... but have a horrible time executing the other moves.[/quote]

charge characters are interesting because they have their advantages but, the major disadvantage that they have is that they can never win a fireball fight against a circle character. but it is fun to see who wins a contest between two blankas or e. hondas. lol

[quote name='imascrub']i've always know them as charge one direction for at least 2 seconds, then press in the opposite direction and a button. Might not have to charge that long, which is maybe why I get my ass handed to me when I play charge characters lol

does anybody know if you'd be able to customize your character's look (besides alternate costumes...stuff like specific clothing color combinations, skin color, etc)?[/quote]

no sure about the costumes, but if think charges are hard in street fighter, in killer instinct they were downright silly with T.J. Combo and is ultra combo. lol forward, back punch. lol

The game is awesome to those that still dont know. I actually like it A LOT more than the remix...Ive heard that some places in California already have it. True or not I cant confirm since Im in Japan. I would like the online lobby to have more than 3 people on a list to fight. Its a bit hard to FIND someone with a good connection. Id say 98% of the connections Ive played were perfect with maybe only 1 or 2 matches where people had crappy connections. Im looking forward to seeing how the connections hold up once its world wide. See you guys in the game!

Just pre-ordered from Buy.com for $54 shipped, saving me a total of nearly $10 had I bought it in a B&M.

Looking very forward to picking it up and playing with everyone.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I saw they're doing a Street Fighter Club for the 360 version, you guys interested in something like that? I wouldn't mind trying to put something together or at least being involved in it.[/QUOTE]

Please do Matt, I'm down. Pretty sure that everyone in this thread wants it to happen also.

and

Let's start off this weekend with an inaugural SF4 tournament! :D

Is this game going to be instock on the 17th or the 18th? I really wished that I preorded the CE, now I have to drive around come Tuesday or Wednesday.

got a chance to go to the SFIV launch party in LA last week. game looks and plays great. i can't wait to play online!

Okay I'm willing. Should we just make a Street Fighter group or PS3 fighters as a whole?

[quote name='Esper']Please do Matt, I'm down. Pretty sure that everyone in this thread wants it to happen also.

and

Let's start off this weekend with an inaugural SF4 tournament! :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Okay I'm willing. Should we just make a Street Fighter group or PS3 fighters as a whole?[/QUOTE]I'm talking to some and we are kind of deciding how we'll do a CAG night for SF4. Turbo HD Remix will be revived this week thankfully.

Can't wait to hear some early reactions to this game. I saw it played when i was still in Japan, but didn't dare play since I would have gotten pwned. Even though the game looked awesome, I might skip on this game until I can buy it for $30 or under or can manage a trade for it. Fortunately, I have it reserved at the public library when they get the game in soon. I just hope I got in before all those snot-nosed children got their reservations in.
Gotta love the library!

[quote name='Furashu']why is the ps3 thread of SF4 so dead?

did anyone get a CE of this?[/QUOTE]

I hope to get my 2 copies here in a little bit... but I have class till 3:40 shitty.

[quote name='Furashu']why is the ps3 thread of SF4 so dead?

did anyone get a CE of this?[/quote]

I haven't gotten my CE yet, pre-ordered one at Deep Discount and Best Buy so hopefully one of those places comes through. Best Buy told me they wouldn't have it until tomorrow.

[quote name='denze']Argh damn you, where did you have it pre-ordered? Im still using a T5 stick with a pelican adapter[/quote]

Pre-ordered in-store on Jan. 10.

Got the CE, watching the anime now. Soundtrack is 17 songs, hint book is just a few combos/art for Viper, Able, Fuerte, and Rufus. DLC is a code for the Brawler's pack.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Pre-ordered in-store on Jan. 10.

Got the CE, watching the anime now. Soundtrack is 17 songs, hint book is just a few combos/art for Viper, Able, Fuerte, and Rufus. DLC is a code for the Brawler's pack.[/quote]

Thanks, I guess all those pre-orders are all filled up. Here's hoping for March

My bro picked up a copy (non-preorder) along with a headband earlier using my $200 credit. No extra CEs, but I'll just get one down the road when it drops to $60.

I got my Tournament edition stick too. Does anyone know if I can also use this on the PC? I have Windows Vista 64-bit, and I can't get the sixaxis to work.

can't wait until tomorrow so I can get my copy at Best Buy.

Hey Jekki I am dubbing you my sparring partner. we had some good matches in SSF2THD and we gotta contine the trend.

[quote name='MasterSun1']My bro picked up a copy (non-preorder) along with a headband earlier using my $200 credit. No extra CEs, but I'll just get one down the road when it drops to $60.[/quote]

not to be a negative nancy, but how will u get a CE down the road when capcom said they arent making anymore, it seems the regular allocation of the CE cant even be filled or havent even been filled. :cry:

[quote name='jman619']I'll end up getting mine Wensday or Thursday. The wait is killing me.[/quote]

imagine waiting for a back-order from an online retailer.:cold:

bread's done
Back