Street Fighter IV PS3 Official Discussion Thread

There's actually a shortage of the headbands from what I've seen. Most of the Gamestops I went to had no extras and were actually short. One of them (the one I preordered from, obviously) didn't even get them in.

[quote name='GuardianE']There's actually a shortage of the headbands from what I've seen. Most of the Gamestops I went to had no extras and were actually short. One of them (the one I preordered from, obviously) didn't even get them in.[/QUOTE]

my gamestop gave me mine the day before after verifying my preorder...
the 18th.. they handed them out to whoever bought any version of the game if they asked for it.

I got it today, and I love it. The graphics are nice. I have only unlocked one character. I think I might have a problem unlocking the last 3. I use to be way better at Street Fighter now I'm just terrible,but still love it.

Yeah, well, the game's also been selling like crazy where I am. The impression I got from some stores were that they didn't even have enough to cover the preorders.

[quote name='GodlyOne']How do you even get that far? I always get challengers 1 second into my first match. :lol: Start the round, throw 2 punches then get challenged, it's really annoying.[/quote]

yeah that was happening also but I did not mind then because I was going for the achievement (er trophy) and not even really caring if I won or lost. After I got it though, then it seems like the challengers were coming non-stop.

I might have to invest in a fight pad because thinking back to SNES days, the controller was much slimmer and not as ergonomic as the DS3. lol

[quote name='GuardianE']There's actually a shortage of the headbands from what I've seen. Most of the Gamestops I went to had no extras and were actually short. One of them (the one I preordered from, obviously) didn't even get them in.[/quote]

Well at my Gamestop no one is taking them. They forgot to hand them out Tuesday when I picked my CE up, and I went back the next day because I remembered it and they gave me two because most people refused to take it and I was one of the few who had requested it.

Well everyone I picked up a fightpad (two actually, long story) and I'm practicing tonight. I'm sick and tired of getting my ass handed to me every match... :)

[quote name='GodlyOne']There's no input lag that I notice, I just use the PS2/PS3 converter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Wow, 115 KB for the unlock code for 5 costumes. I'm really gravitating towards not getting any of the extra costumes...

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Has anyone else unlocked Home unlockables while playing? I've unlocked a Dan shirt I think so far. Anyone else get anything different?[/quote]
Out of curiosity ... did you lose to Dan?

I couldn't think of a better insult than to give a Dan shirt as a reward (or punishment) for losing to Dan. It might have been a coincidence, but I gotten one after a match up with Dan online and lost.

*hangs head in shame*

I think it was pretty obvious to everyone that the costumes were already on the disc. :p Phooey on Capcom, who do they think they are, Namco?

Good games MattX and Jugsta. Something odd is going on with my network connection, I keep on dropping out.

I think god doesn't want me to have the 10 ranked wins in a row trophy.

Got up to fight 10 twice tonight, and both times totally botched it up...

First time I just got cocky and picked Cammy because I had played the guy earlier and mopped up with Blanka... Felt like being a good sport and not picking the same dude again... Bad idea, I suck with Cammy! D:

Second time they just picked someone other than Ryu/Ken/Sagat/Akuma... I literally just was not able to comprehend how to fight against E Honda and just got beat. It was close, I think if it was best of 5 I would've been ok because by round 3 I had some sort of strategy set up and the guy was really just spamming sumo torpedoes (which I think adds insult to injury).

So I think I am just going to say fuck off to that trophy. I don't need it (I really do...)

[quote name='Kyo']Out of curiosity ... did you lose to Dan?

I couldn't think of a better insult than to give a Dan shirt as a reward (or punishment) for losing to Dan. It might have been a coincidence, but I gotten one after a match up with Dan online and lost.

*hangs head in shame*[/quote]

Yeah blue shirt for losing to Dan while online is the only confirmed Home unlockable so far. I got it also.

Add me to the list as well :) Be glad to play some CAGS when I am online.

Haha that 10 rank streak trophy got me playing all night today. I main with Vega and got beat by a Zangief player on my 10th match. Got to try again kiddo :lol:

I use Balrog. I rape Ryu and Ken. It's almost like a full time job giving the scrubyukens and Scrubkumas the beatdown they deserve. If only I could get paid for it.......

Man I am terrible. I've only won 2 online matches. Add me to the list, hopefully I can get better through cag training :)

psn id: gf_

I flipping knew it. The costume packs are already in the game, we are just paying to unlock them. (except for the free pack from the CE)

for my reference in saying this. the size of the file to open the characters was 118Kb. in Naruto UNS the character updates are 100kb which basically add one mission and unlock a different support character.

so this means basically they are really taking advantage of us.

with that aside I still love this game. Unlocked everyone except Gouken and Seth which I will get around to this weekend. Man Focus attacks really change the dynamic of the game so much. Didn't start using them until last night against bobo.(please forgive me I can't remember you whole screen name at the moment)

Well I used my fightpad last night and it actually made a world of difference. I was able to pull off some moves that were much more difficult to pull off with the DS3. I'm somewhat surprised to be honest.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Man Focus attacks really change the dynamic of the game so much. Didn't start using them until last night against bobo.(please forgive me I can't remember you whole screen name at the moment)[/QUOTE]
I have to get into the habit of not freezing like a deer in headlights when people online start abusing me with them. Always get trapped when peeps charge up focus attacks while I'm getting up, I stupidly try to sweep them out of it, and get whacked for fall down, rinse, repeat, toss in an ultra combo/super combo and I'm sent packing. :(

Add me to the list.

I would rate my skill as Above Average in that jump in to fp, to hadouken, to shinkuu hadouken isn't something I'd have any problem doing. I'm not an expert, though so I'm pretty beatable by great players.

[quote name='Kyo']Out of curiosity ... did you lose to Dan?

*hangs head in shame*[/quote]

Haha, that's awesome. Hopefully that's true so I'll have bestowed a Dan shirt on someone yesterday.

[quote name='ohvermie']I have to get into the habit of not freezing like a deer in headlights when people online start abusing me with them. Always get trapped when peeps charge up focus attacks while I'm getting up, I stupidly try to sweep them out of it, and get whacked for fall down, rinse, repeat, toss in an ultra combo/super combo and I'm sent packing. :([/quote]
I have a similar issue. I try to c.HK which is useless cause it blocks the first hit >< I've noticed that alot of people aren't used to seeing them though. I'm finding Focus attack to crumple then Tiger Destruction is damn easy to pull off. People tend to try to block the focus or are like me and try to sweep the legs.

Feel free to add me for a few rounds. PSN is slamz0rz.

[quote name='Paco']I use Balrog. I rape Ryu and Ken. It's almost like a full time job giving the scrubyukens and Scrubkumas the beatdown they deserve. If only I could get paid for it.......[/quote]

I noticed you like Balrog. It was fun playing last night. If anyone wants to add me feel free to.

I can't wait until they add the free downloadable content with tournament ladders and such.

on a side note. for some reason I am really enjoying playing as chun li, sakura, and sagat right now. E. Honda is definately a beast.

I haven't used Dhalsim, El Fuerte, Vega, or Rufus yet and I will probably never use Rufus outside of beating the game to get seth.

Is it me or is it so different using guile now? he feels soo toned down now. Like he is now more of a defensive player instead of the offense powerhouse he use to be.

I'll update the list later today. Have all the names up to Mana written down.

Who besides me has the blue badge of courage for Home from playing online? [FYI if you lose to Dan playing online you get a blue SF4 shirt.]

holy crap!

i was playing with zangief at lunchtime. hes a beast!

i think he's gonna be my main.

and yes...i still stuck.

feel free to add me to pad your wins.

Ok I hate Seth. I do. First, stupid name for a boss. Seth? Scary! No. Second, he's a bitch. He is. He seems to gain more and more powers as the match goes on. He just makes them up as he goes along. "Hey I'm beating Seth...oops no wait....he just turned into Sara Palin, pulled out a hunting rifle, hopped aboard a chopper, and sniped me Halo style. That can't fair." Awesome.

Dear Capcom,

If you ever make another "Seth" again, I will send you back a copy of your game with my corn ladened feces inside.

Thank you,

Pissed off SF IV loser

I'll be on tonight after midnight Eastern, feel free to send me an invite if you see me on. Getting my TE stick today so looking forward to trying it out!

PSN ID is GenDV138 if I haven't been added to the list yet.

[quote name='Pck21']Ok I hate Seth. I do. First, stupid name for a boss. Seth? Scary! No. Second, he's a bitch. He is. He seems to gain more and more powers as the match goes on. He just makes them up as he goes along. "Hey I'm beating Seth...oops no wait....he just turned into Sara Palin, pulled out a hunting rifle, hopped aboard a chopper, and sniped me Halo style. That can't fair." Awesome.

Dear Capcom,

If you ever make another "Seth" again, I will send you back a copy of your game with my corn ladened feces inside.

Thank you,

Pissed off SF IV loser[/quote]

Sounds like they took a cue from recent SNK titles.

[quote name='thelonepig']Sounds like they took a cue from recent SNK titles.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I never got into the SNK titles so I personally wouldn't know. However, if that series contains bosses who suddenly have ever power and counter move available in the history of video games, then yes, a cue was taken.

Honestly, how do you go about beating Seth? I did the whole one round, 30 second trick after my 5th try and that didn't do anything. He just kept teleporting and grabbing me from half the screen like Scorpio. I swear I think he yelled "Get over here!" Did I get the wrong version or something?

Paco, you weren't kidding about Balrog destorying shotos. Especially scrub Kens, who I'm certain make NO attempt to block.

I'm pretty sure my record is awful, I blame El Fuerte :lol:

[quote name='Pck21']Maybe. I never got into the SNK titles so I personally wouldn't know. However, if that series contains bosses who suddenly have ever power and counter move available in the history of video games, then yes, a cue was taken.

Honestly, how do you go about beating Seth? I did the whole one round, 30 second trick after my 5th try and that didn't do anything. He just kept teleporting and grabbing me from half the screen like Scorpio. I swear I think he yelled "Get over here!" Did I get the wrong version or something?[/quote]
SNK bosses are ridiciously overpowered. They usually have a single move that will rape you. Sometimes even when blocked. Sometimes they have infinite combos as well. For example Zero from KOF2001 has an infinite that is just him doing the same move over and over again. One of his moves will guard break you even if you block. Most SNK bosses also lack a crouch animation. Luckily they're mostly not playable characters.

Spent about 45 minutes trying to finish arcade with El Fuerte, got my ass handed to my over and over by Seth. Probably never using him again.

Edit: Here's how to get Akuma.

YOU CAN'T USE ANY CONTINUES DURING ANY OF THE MATCHES AND DON'T LOSE A ROUND
MATCH 1: Get a Perfect
MATCH 2-8: Make sure you don't get a perfect, get hit at least once, and DON"T FINISH WITH A ULTRA OR ANY SUPER COMBO. Finish with a regular move just to be safe
MATCH 9: You will face akuma after Seth and you must beat him.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back