Strell's Lowball: Slowly sending packages out. Thanks everyone!

[quote name='jousley']I hate to go against the norm here...but this wait is kind of ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Strell is a senior citizen. He does things his own pace. Leave him alone. :lol:

Got my games today. Everything was in perfect condition and most of the games still had the security seals on them (randomly). The girlfriend really enjoyed popping the the butt load of bubble packing thingies. Very well packed which made me feel special. Strell doesn't cut corners with this shit, lowballs are serious business. Thanks again, Strell. :cold:

[quote name='IvanHood']No invoice here, but I am in absolutely no rush whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

(Guessing that since I'm one of the Canadians, it'll be a late shipment... and I'm 100% ok with that.)

[quote name='ejamer']Same here.

(Guessing that since I'm one of the Canadians, it'll be a late shipment... and I'm 100% ok with that.)[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm Canadian too and I'm being patient :D Haven't even received an invoice yet.

I'd actually just like to cancel my bids. I think that should be an option after a wait like this. Heck its been over two weeks, almost three! Why not get EVERYONE'S info and then get EVERYONES'S totals and send them out?

Its kind of ridiculous when some people get their items when others haven't heard a word or gotten an invoice. The silence is deafening. Im sorry Strell, but this sale was kind of FUBAR. So now what?

The last two days have sucked for me. Logically, though, this has little to do with the bearing on the sale and those still waiting for things, so I can't create it as a full excuse. A horrid job interview, family issues with grandmother, and some other problems.

If jousley wants out, then I don't know if I can stop him.

I haven't read anything before this page, as I have finished packing up the remainder of things and was on my way to the PO right now to weigh them for the remaining invoices. Then I was going to come back, send off a ton of PMs, answer any further questions, and go from there.

Sorry to have been a burden on others. I'm not going to make excuses, but I will simply say that your interaction with me can be thought of as 1 item, and in return, I've had no less than seventy times that amount to get through. This isn't counting people not wanting to pay some amount and asking for different shipment, or requesting a box, or X Y or Z. Point being that it's all perspective.

But if people are this upset, then all I can do is apologize and hope for the best. If I can't get that, then it's my fault and I'll take that responsibility.

Edit: I count four people very upset right now. If I get invoices to you within the next few hours and promise to ship tonight/tomorrow morning, does that recant everything? If not, then I'll just take those lumps. I will say that the notion that other people are more important than others is....well I can see the way that thought comes about, but I won't say I agree with it.

At some point I can't apologize for having things come up life, but equally I shouldn't expect infinite patience out of others. So I'm not going to argue or get irate with people, and will likewise understand if they do so with me.

Sorry to hear that Strell.

I actually haven't peeked into this thread since the deal ended, so I was afraid you were upset with me for not paying yet, but I see you're doing it in waves.

I don't mind waiting, so you can save the best for last.

Strell good luck.
and thank you kindly for sending out my package.

if anyone ends up canceling their order and you are still trying to get rid of the stuff feel free to shoot me a pm i might take some stuff off your hands. once all your personal stuff settles down of course.

As I said in the PM I sent, I'm in no rush. My backlog is kinda big, so I don't intend to play anything I won anytime soon anyway. I don't mind if my stuff is among the last to be sent out. Also, if jousley still wants out after reading the message you just posted, and you're still looking to get rid of them, I'd gladly buy Magic Carpet and Devil Dice.

[quote name='jousley']I'd actually just like to cancel my bids. I think that should be an option after a wait like this. Heck its been over two weeks, almost three! Why not get EVERYONE'S info and then get EVERYONES'S totals and send them out?

Its kind of ridiculous when some people get their items when others haven't heard a word or gotten an invoice. The silence is deafening. Im sorry Strell, but this sale was kind of FUBAR. So now what?[/QUOTE]
You're an ass. Like you really can't wait to play Magic Carpet?

[quote name='yukine']You're an ass. Like you really can't wait to play Magic Carpet?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have been so blunt about it, but people have to remember Strell has to take care of 70+ different packages. No, other people's money/items aren't more important, and saying that is stupid. Strell had shipped out one or two groups, then wanted to make sure that everything went smoothly before going to the next group. It would make shit difficult if he shipped out 20 packages, and one or two people had problems that he had to add on top of all the other packages he had to send out. Be patient, Strell has a life and has to take care of other things, along with this sale. He's not gonna screw anybody over, and I know he's doing all he can.

[quote name='yukine']You're an ass. Like you really can't wait to play Magic Carpet?[/QUOTE]

Mailing out 70+ packages is a pain in the ass that takes a lot of time and effort in the best case - and since this is a lowball auction, we're not exactly paying top dollar for quick service. I'd be much more worried if everyone paid and then waited several weeks for things to ship... but that's not the case here. But I can also understand how people who won just a couple small things would hope to have them without a long wait.

So it's probably best if people try to relax and stay civil on both sides.

Strell, I'm in no rush to get my stuff and think you've run a tight auction here. You'll never please everyone so don't worry if a couple of people wanted more than you can offer.

Zero rush from my end. That was a long list of items auctioned as it was. If you had life items come up on top of that, best of luck on getting everything resolved.

Add me to the list of scavengers that would be glad to root through canceled items.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I wouldn't have been so blunt about it, but people have to remember Strell has to take care of 70+ different packages. No, other people's money/items aren't more important, and saying that is stupid. Strell had shipped out one or two groups, then wanted to make sure that everything went smoothly before going to the next group. It would make shit difficult if he shipped out 20 packages, and one or two people had problems that he had to add on top of all the other packages he had to send out. Be patient, Strell has a life and has to take care of other things, along with this sale. He's not gonna screw anybody over, and I know he's doing all he can.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know. It's just annoying when someone has to be so rude about it, when it's obvious enough to the rest of us that Strell is working his ass off. Two weeks is a long time to wait if he is just sending out a handful of packages, that is not the case here.

Ok.

I've got everything priced out.

My PM box is near full, so first I need to sort through that. This entails leaving feedback for the people who got their things recently. I also have a few small additional matters to take care of while doing this (for example, overcharging someone on shipping because I didn't get them DC, so I need to give them a refund for the difference + a bit on the top as a "my bad" charge). This shouldn't take long.

Afterward, I have a huge number of PMs to send with invoices.

In terms of shipping stuff out, I have no problem doing it really at any point this weekend, and number of times. The only people who can't be a part of this are the internationals, but I'm going to go to the PO tomorrow to send theirs specifically. There's a few other people who are on the backburner by request, so I'm not worrying about that.

So once I've got invoices sent, it's up to people (assuming they are still doing this) to pay, and then I'll happily send out. Everything could be out the door this weekend, depending on how quickly people let me know.

That's where we are. I'm off to do tons of messaging, feedbacking, etc.

First off, Yukine. Did you even win any bids? So why do you even care? fuck off.

As for Strell:

I didn't mean to come off like a personal attack on Strell. Sure it was a big sale and there are a lot packages to get out. I hope you didn't think i was real upset, Strell....it was just frustration. I would have gotten everyone's invoices out first, is all I was getting at.

I have dealt on here and on eBay for years, and from that, I just thought not getting ANY word on something for almost 3 weeks was a bit excessive. Also, it was a bit late last night when I posted. I'll still take the items if you don't mind. I don't care when you get me the invoice. I wasn't really in a rush. Forgive my impatience.

For the most part, Strell, you can save me for the end, if you want to. I'm in no hurry at all, and that'll free up one spot for somebody else, so hopefully that helps someone else even a little.

[quote name='jousley']First off, Yukine. Did you even win any bids? So why do you even care? fuck off.

As for Strell:

I didn't mean to come off like a personal attack on Strell. Sure it was a big sale and there are a lot packages to get out. I hope you didn't think i was real upset, Strell....it was just frustration. I would have gotten everyone's invoices out first, is all I was getting at.

I have dealt on here and on eBay for years, and from that, I just thought not getting ANY word on something for almost 3 weeks was a bit excessive. Also, it was a bit late last night when I posted. I'll still take the items if you don't mind. I don't care when you get me the invoice. I wasn't really in a rush. Forgive my impatience.[/QUOTE]
No, unfortunately... lots of things I wanted but I missed out on. I care because I'm a good friend of Strell.

I'm apparently not completely off base for calling you out, with all that backtracking you're doing now. Glad to see you are not in a rush now.

[quote name='yukine']No, unfortunately... lots of things I wanted but I missed out on. I care because I'm a good friend of Strell.

I'm apparently not completely off base for calling you out, with all that backtracking you're doing now. Glad to see you are not in a rush now.[/QUOTE]

Strell's a big boy....I'm sure he can take care of himself ;)

Wow, I guess some people on here didn't realize that they are not dealing with a store. Strell don't worry about rushing anything, if you're having any problems take your time sending me an invoice. Hopefully there aren't too many others of the CAG community that whine when real world problems interrupt our digital life. For the prices that were paid by those four posters they definitely shouldn't be complaining.

Haha wow, that was some fast feedback action Strell; I got the package on Monday, sorry for the delay.

The Guitar Hero bag was too small for my guitars, I guess it was for the PS2 guitars and not X-Plorers; oh well, it was only $1 :lol:

Thanks again!

I find it is excellent for storing other plastic guitar shaped things. Like the bodies of tiny children arranged in such a manner.

Sorry it didn't work out for ya - they change those body types out quicker than a jack rabbit on a date. Which is to say, on the same level as Ralphie's dad replacing fuses at Christmas. (Somewhat belabored allusion there.)

/goes back to working on invoices

[quote name='OldSchool77']Wow, I guess some people on here didn't realize that they are not dealing with a store. Strell don't worry about rushing anything, if you're having any problems take your time sending me an invoice. Hopefully there aren't too many others of the CAG community that whine when real world problems interrupt our digital life. For the prices that were paid by those four posters they definitely shouldn't be complaining.[/QUOTE]

Wow...I'm getting dissed by someone who likes Forever Knight. Go paint your fingernails black and wait for your next Twilight movie to release, Emo! ;) hahaha

I've been sending invoices out for over 2 hours now. I have gotten to almost everyone.

I am leaving for a few hours (seeing Extract, since I

[quote name='Strell']I've been sending invoices out for over 2 hours now. I have gotten to almost everyone.

I am leaving for a few hours (seeing Extract, since I

[quote name='lolwut?']The Guitar Hero bag was too small for my guitars, I guess it was for the PS2 guitars and not X-Plorers; oh well, it was only $1 :lol:[/QUOTE]

When I saw them listed, I knew I should have said something, I just assumed whoever bought them would ask. I bought some of those bags off an ebay store and ended up having to return them (local pickup). Easy mistake for anyone to make saying they work for -insert guitar controller here-. I'm sorry I didn't make a post about it when I noticed, so even though its Strell's lowball, my bad for that, lol.

[quote name='jousley']Wow...I'm getting dissed by someone who likes Forever Knight. Go paint your fingernails black and wait for your next Twilight movie to release, Emo! ;) hahaha[/QUOTE] Grow up kid/immature adult. I like Forever knight, the original Hulk tv show, Movies from the 1930s up to a few current ones. I saw Star wars when it was released in Hawaii in 1977 and I occassionaly watch Home improvement. People who limit themselves to one genre of movies/ tv usually aren't worth listening to but I was commenting about how strell was having problems and some bidders couldn't help but whine about waiting. Sorry for thread jacking Strell.

Aaaaaaaaaaand all the invoices are sent out (with the exceptions of spike32/ejamer, Bragarb07, Mad D, and Shady3011...who I'm not sure HOW I managed to miss, but I did).

Running to post office and Fedex to get more out. Will be gone throughout the day, but if more people respond and want to send out via the quoted costs I've sent (i.e., not requiring me to see a clerk for Media Mail or going to Fedex), then I can send more out tonight/tomorrow.

And then Monday will afford more Media Mail and Fedex, and at that point we're just going to until everything is done.

Thanks again everyone. I do appreciate all the support I've gotten on this thing from start to finish, and am fully committed to finishing strong.

[quote name='spike32']I don't know anything about customs, all I know is that they're annoying as hell :bomb: Don't worry about that, if you ship with USPS and send as a gift with a low value, say $5, 99% chance I won't get charged duty. Those are the tricks and they seem to have worked so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, spike pretty much nailed it. Use the cheapest USPS option possible so that we don't get reamed on "service charges", but otherwise there is nothing special about cross-border shipping (except you probably need to fill out a small form at the post office specifying what kind of used stuff you are sending).

As for undervaluing the package, you can do that (or not) at your discretion. It limits the insurance claim value but that's only been a problem for me once in hundred of cases - so it's worth the risk IMO. I've usually gone for about $20 and only been pegged for taxes once or twice.

You know when I was preparing my lowball I read every lowball thread that was currently going on to get tips. I was mortified by Strell's lack of updates and how shitty his service was and I vowed my lowball would not be like his. After actually having a lowball for myself I was shocked at how much work it is. It took me nearly 6 hours just to make the item list and tally totals. I'm out of a job right now so I could stay up all night to work on the lowball. For someone who has a family, a job, and not a lot of free time a lowball can get really hectic ans things might get out of hand. I see Strell really got it together and I commend him for his commitment to his folks.

Yeah. Thanks for the backhanded compliment. "I had half as many items and a fourth as many buyers, but I'll still be a judgmental jerk about it."

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']You know when I was preparing my lowball I read every lowball thread that was currently going on to get tips. I was mortified by Strell's lack of updates and how shitty his service was and I vowed my lowball would not be like his. After actually having a lowball for myself I was shocked at how much work it is. It took me nearly 6 hours just to make the item list and tally totals. I'm out of a job right now so I could stay up all night to work on the lowball. For someone who has a family, a job, and not a lot of free time a lowball can get really hectic ans things might get out of hand. I see Strell really got it together and I commend him for his commitment to his folks.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaa? I still don't see why people continue to give Strell shit. Sure it was in an ass-backwards way a compliment, but I bet most everybody else would have ended up fucked trying to do a sale like his on their own.

RodneyDangerfield_Album_no_respect.jpg

When I held my lowball, I made a fifth of what Strell has made (meaning I had far less inventory to worry about), I don't have a job, and it was during summer vacation, so I didn't have school...

To say the least, it was alot to deal with, with all the tallying, totalling, invoicing, etc.

I commend Strell for taking on such a responsibilty, and getting done what he has gotten done! :applause:

People really need to give him a break...

[quote name='Strell']Yeah. Thanks for the backhanded compliment. "I had half as many items and a fourth as many buyers, but I'll still be a judgmental jerk about it."[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ you're sensitive! And I'm a "judgemental jerk" Did you even read or understand my post? I'll sum it up for you simply.

I thought you didn't do a good job with updates.
I had a lowball myself.
I seen how hard it really was and sympathized with you
I take back thinking you didn't do a good job because I experienced how much work it really was.

How in the hell did I offend you?

If that is your attitude, I think I could get further having an argument with a brick wall.

And, actually, have, the last time I had a few too many.

Putting some weak justification as a lame attempt to mask up some trumped up nonsense you were clueless about isn't exactly a get out of jail free card.

Don't even bother responding. I'm not going to make the attempt to hear you from that high horse you're riding on.

I might have to do one of these Lowballs. We are trying to clear out some shit in this Apt and this looks like a great way of doing this.

I have no reason why I am posting this here, I am thinking out loud and typing it.

[quote name='lilboo']I might have to do one of these Lowballs. We are trying to clear out some shit in this Apt and this looks like a great way of doing this.

I have no reason why I am posting this here, I am thinking out loud and typing it.[/QUOTE]

Originally, when I was thinking about doing mine, I asked Strell about. He said a few things that helped me out. They really are much better in the end. That copy of Ico was MUCH easier to part with then I expected...

[quote name='Strell']Aaaaaaaaaaand all the invoices are sent out (with the exceptions of spike32/ejamer, Bragarb07, Mad D, and Shady3011...who I'm not sure HOW I managed to miss, but I did).[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why I never got a message from you about payment. I almost thought I did pay you, but I don't remember actually sending the payment. Anyway, let me know when you do get those numbers tabulated. I'm in no rush. ;)

Just wanted to say that I'll be posting an update tonight. A bit busy right now, but I have been sending things out/getting payments/leaving feedback/etc.

Basically a run down of what's been sent out recently, who I am sending out tomorrow, and finishing all the small odds and ends.

bread's done
Back