Suikoden IV - Free Promotional Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloakBass

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Suikoden IV Official Webpage

If you head over to the "Promotions" section you'll notice that they have quite a sweet liittle promotion going on right now. Basically, after you give Konami some personal information, you can enter special passwords in order to get some nice free stuff. 3 passwords scores you a CD of Suikoden music, 5 passwords gets you a Suikoden coin, and lastly, 7 passwords get you a wallscroll. As of now, I've found the following codes:

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly advertisement: magsnowe48
2. Suikoden Flash Puzzle Game: chiepoo19
3. Suikoden Flash Battleship Game: kooluk63

Right there are already enough passwords to at least score the CD. The "Clues" section also reveals that the Suikoden IV Art Book also has a code in it. If anyone could help the CAGs out with that code, I'm sure we'd all be very grateful. As of now, I suspect that there's probably also a password included with the game itself, maybe the player's guide? More magazine advertisements? Keep an eye open.

Update: New Code Found!

Suikoden IV Manual: 150razril5

[quote name='Matrix2k3']If i enter 5 codes does that mean i get a coin and not the soundtrack?[/quote]

No the prizes are stackable. It means you would get both the soundtrack and the coin.

[quote name='svsaith']Where is this new code LEKK4481 from?[/quote]

There's a hint in the e-mail to check one of the islands on the flash site map, so when you click Nay Island it brings up a hidden menu...

ok wait, firstly Konami still hasnt sent ME that email, wich is bothering me.

secondly, i did as they said and reentered my artbook code, but it just basically warned me that i could only have 1 (the same one was still there).

so is my entry going to be disqualified now simply because i re-enetered my artbook code that was already there, making it look like i tried to enter multiple art codes?

also, yeah, would like to get that 7th code.

[quote name='spincut']ok wait, firstly Konami still hasnt sent ME that email, wich is bothering me.

secondly, i did as they said and reentered my artbook code, but it just basically warned me that i could only have 1 (the same one was still there).

so is my entry going to be disqualified now simply because i re-enetered my artbook code that was already there, making it look like i tried to enter multiple art codes?

also, yeah, would like to get that 7th code.[/quote]

My email took over a day... So you might have to wait about the same amount of time.

Now, I have 6 codes... Might as well get that coin since it's free. I'd actually like the 7th code from the guide but where could it be? :?

still hope my entry stays valid after the double art book code entry by accident, but it didnt stick because it was a duplicate (and they now have the fix in place) so hopefully i should be fine.

i wonder what this "coin" is and why it's harder to get than a music CD, wich seems like a cooler prize.

[quote name='spincut']still hope my entry stays valid after the double art book code entry by accident, but it didnt stick because it was a duplicate (and they now have the fix in place) so hopefully i should be fine.

i wonder what this "coin" is and why it's harder to get than a music CD, wich seems like a cooler prize.[/quote]

Just general uniqueness and manufacturing costs most likely. I'm thinking it might be a coin like the one Igor uses in his mini-game or just a generic gold dollar coin with Suikoden IV blazed on one side and the Punishment Rune or the like on the other...

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='spincut']still hope my entry stays valid after the double art book code entry by accident, but it didnt stick because it was a duplicate (and they now have the fix in place) so hopefully i should be fine.

i wonder what this "coin" is and why it's harder to get than a music CD, wich seems like a cooler prize.[/quote]

Just general uniqueness and manufacturing costs most likely. I'm thinking it might be a coin like the one Igor uses in his mini-game or just a generic gold dollar coin with Suikoden IV blazed on one side and the Punishment Rune or the like on the other...[/quote]

great, i can be like twoface, and flip my suikoden coin to decide peoples fate.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='RichD1']New password:

LEKK4481[/quote]

when I entered my info this pass was already there. :D[/quote]

weird mine was too lol

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='masha'][quote name='RichD1']New password:

LEKK4481[/quote]

weird mine was too lol[/quote]

Konami replaced Artbook code with this one. Thanks Konami. Please put the 7th there too. :lol:

[quote name='Romeo']Kuma, the thing is people know what it is... why isn't at least a hint posted?[/quote]

i dont think people know the 7th one

[quote name='"masha"'][quote name='"RichD1"']New password:

LEKK4481[/quote]

I think that's because when you enter your name and stuff, you pasted that password onto the field that said "Enter your password here"...

Are you sure you have to re enter your artbook code? When I entered the last code it was still there. This gives me 6 legit codes. I just want to know if I have to re-enter the artbook one.

Oddly enough, my artbook code is still there, plus magsnowe48 is listed twice, giving me seven. No idea what's going on there.

[quote name='prismic'][quote name='masha'][quote name='RichD1']New password:

LEKK4481[/quote]

I think that's because when you enter your name and stuff, you pasted that password onto the field that said "Enter your password here"...[/quote]

didn't do such a thing. :p

[quote name='chrisflyer']Oddly enough, my artbook code is still there, plus magsnowe48 is listed twice, giving me seven. No idea what's going on there.[/quote]

Yeah the same thing happen to me. I got seven code now.

[quote name='Whambamm'][quote name='RichD1']Thank you for entering the Suikoden "Treasure Hunt" Promotion. It has come to our attention that some users are entering multiple passwords from the "The Art of Suikoden" Artbook. This has been possible due to an error in the registration program that allowed users to enter multiple Artbook codes, which has been fixed. All the unique artbook codes are considered one password and only one of the codes from the Artbook is valid per entry.

We apologize, but we request that you please re-enter the "The Art of Suikoden" password from your artbook (only one artbook password will be accepted) at the official Suikoden IV website using exactly the same contact information (Name, E-mail, address) you entered previously. Your new entry will be entered with the same time-stamp as your original entry to ensure that you do not lose your place in the verification process. Please note that all entries may be subject to verification
Sincerely,

Konami

(C)2005 Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.[/quote]

I just got this email as well. It also gave me a clue to where another password may be. If you click on the island it looks like the top right most ship is headed to, it'll give you a password.[/quote]

I got that email... I don't know why. I went back to re-enter my artbook code (like it said it) but my code was already there. I too have 6 of the 7 codes but for some strange reason, it counted '150razril5' twice. :?

1. magsnowe48
2. kooluk63
3. chiepoo19
4. 150razril5
5. 150razril5
6. *Artbook code*
7. LEKK4481

[quote name='Vinny'][quote name='Whambamm'][quote name='RichD1']Thank you for entering the Suikoden "Treasure Hunt" Promotion. It has come to our attention that some users are entering multiple passwords from the "The Art of Suikoden" Artbook. This has been possible due to an error in the registration program that allowed users to enter multiple Artbook codes, which has been fixed. All the unique artbook codes are considered one password and only one of the codes from the Artbook is valid per entry.

We apologize, but we request that you please re-enter the "The Art of Suikoden" password from your artbook (only one artbook password will be accepted) at the official Suikoden IV website using exactly the same contact information (Name, E-mail, address) you entered previously. Your new entry will be entered with the same time-stamp as your original entry to ensure that you do not lose your place in the verification process. Please note that all entries may be subject to verification
Sincerely,

Konami

(C)2005 Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.[/quote]

I just got this email as well. It also gave me a clue to where another password may be. If you click on the island it looks like the top right most ship is headed to, it'll give you a password.[/quote]

I got that email... I don't know why. I went back to re-enter my artbook code (like it said it) but my code was already there. I too have 6 of the 7 codes but for some strange reason, it counted '150razril5' twice. :?

1. magsnowe48
2. kooluk63
3. chiepoo19
4. 150razril5
5. 150razril5
6. *Artbook code*
7. LEKK4481[/quote]

Yeah, my razril counted twice too. Is there a way for me to access my list of codes w/o adding a new one?

[quote name='Romeo']mag was my duplicated...

Is there REALLY a seventh code or not?[/quote]

Why the hell wouldn't there be?

[quote name='lain21us'][quote name='Romeo']mag was my duplicated...

Why the hell wouldn't there be?[/quote]

Multiple people practically swear they have 7 codes, 6 legit and one from the artbook, and no duplicates, yet I haven't found a 7th yet.

[quote name='Romeo'][quote name='lain21us'][quote name='Romeo']mag was my duplicated...

Multiple people practically swear they have 7 codes, 6 legit and one from the artbook, and no duplicates, yet I haven't found a 7th yet.[/quote]

For the love of god, let it go! There isn't a seventh code yet!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon'][quote name='Romeo'][quote name='lain21us'][quote name='Romeo']mag was my duplicated...

Multiple people practically swear they have 7 codes, 6 legit and one from the artbook, and no duplicates, yet I haven't found a 7th yet.[/quote]

For the love of god, let it go! There isn't a seventh code yet![/quote]

Which is why I'm asking instead of freaking out... :?

[quote name='MightySlacker']started making stuff up that coincidentally Konami decided to do, or that I'm right and you are full of shit, and for some reason are in denial about your ability to cheat a contest for a few measly promo items and get away with it? (By the way, that speaks more than enough about you than any insult I can sling). Get a clue.
[/quote]

A good Bullshitter knows his own kind :D

So they disallowed all but one artbook code, I could've guessed that, seeing as you (along with probably hundreds of other) bitch to konami about it. I'm sure some of you pitched a solution, and Konami just decided to go with the flow.

Why were you mad? Because us melevolent thieves almost got away with it and it was easy to assume that you were *GASP* wrong. Your guesses were seemingly wrong and you were peevedm so you vented. Well that and your liberal use of insults.

As I said before; I could care less if I get any of these silly items. Doesn't mean a thing to me.

[quote name='Romeo'][quote name='Kirin Lemon'][quote name='Romeo'][quote name='lain21us'][quote name='Romeo']mag was my duplicated...

For the love of god, let it go! There isn't a seventh code yet![/quote]

Which is why I'm asking instead of freaking out... :?[/quote]

It's that damn strategy guide code... Where the hell could it be? Even I searched for it (or flipped the pages) and couldn't find it. I'm guessing we'll have to wait for a hint from Konami...

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='MightySlacker']started making stuff up that coincidentally Konami decided to do, or that I'm right and you are full of shit, and for some reason are in denial about your ability to cheat a contest for a few measly promo items and get away with it? (By the way, that speaks more than enough about you than any insult I can sling). Get a clue.
[/quote]

A good Bullshitter knows his own kind :D

So they disallowed all but one artbook code, I could've guessed that, seeing as you (along with probably hundreds of other) bitch to konami about it. I'm sure some of you pitched a solution, and Konami just decided to go with the flow.

Why were you mad? Because us melevolent thieves almost got away with it and it was easy to assume that you were *GASP* wrong. Your guesses were seemingly wrong and you were peevedm so you vented. Well that and your liberal use of insults.

As I said before; I could care less if I get any of these silly items. Doesn't mean a thing to me.[/quote]

Not really. And you are still horribly wrong and mistaken on many levels. And you overestimate yourself when you say you "almost got away with it". If it was February 26th and the contest was nearly over, then you almost got away with it. It's January, you didn't almost get away with shit - it took them 2 days to figure it out, and it would have been less time if it hadn't been a weekend. The only reason I posted was to try and convey some common sense that maybe you shouldn't do it. Not because I care if rogue password users get promo stuff, but because you screw other people out of it.

And I wasn't guessing, my last post was Konami's company line, and if anyone wants to know why things went the way they did, here's the story. The people in charge were 99% bent on making all artbook codes invalid, DQing all the household addresses that entered in more than 1 code, and replacing the code with a new one from a mini game to be added later. They ended up deciding against this because of the fact that there were people out there that entered in 2 or 3 artbook codes that weren't scammers and had the artbooks that would be screwed over, and they didn't want to deal with that and piss off fans. They might have done this anyways if the rules weren't so vague, but since they were they went with a different remedy. Then the idea was just to wipe the artbook codes clean and replace the code, but it turned out to be easier to wipe the codes out and allow a re-entry of them instead of manufacturing a new code. Being that the solution was less work and hassle for everyone, they went with it.

There are still some problems they are having. For example, a lot of the people that only entered one code in did not get the email that they had to re-enter their artbook code. Also the duplicate password thing that is happening to some people, but that will be fixed tomorrow or moday. There is also one more potentially major glitch with the timestamps, but I won't discuss it until AFTER they've fixed it, because I know some asses would love to exploit it.

Oh, and the 7th code hasn't been made available yet and probably will not be until the first week of Feb at the earliest.

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']

Not really. And you are still horribly wrong and mistaken on many levels. And you overestimate yourself when you say you "almost got away with it". If it was February 26th and the contest was nearly over, then you almost got away with it. It's January, you didn't almost get away with shit - it took them 2 days to figure it out, and it would have been less time if it hadn't been a weekend. The only reason I posted was to try and convey some common sense that maybe you shouldn't do it. Not because I care if rogue password users get promo stuff, but because you screw other people out of it.

And I wasn't guessing, my last post was Konami's company line, and if anyone wants to know why things went the way they did, here's the story. The people in charge were 99% bent on making all artbook codes invalid, DQing all the household addresses that entered in more than 1 code, and replacing the code with a new one from a mini game to be added later. They ended up deciding against this because of the fact that there were people out there that entered in 2 or 3 artbook codes that weren't scammers and had the artbooks that would be screwed over, and they didn't want to deal with that and piss off fans. They might have done this anyways if the rules weren't so vague, but since they were they went with a different remedy. Then the idea was just to wipe the artbook codes clean and replace the code, but it turned out to be easier to wipe the codes out and allow a re-entry of them instead of manufacturing a new code. Being that the solution was less work and hassle for everyone, they went with it.

There are still some problems they are having. For example, a lot of the people that only entered one code in did not get the email that they had to re-enter their artbook code. Also the duplicate password thing that is happening to some people, but that will be fixed tomorrow or moday. There is also one more potentially major glitch with the timestamps, but I won't discuss it until AFTER they've fixed it, because I know some asses would love to exploit it.

Oh, and the 7th code hasn't been made available yet and probably will not be until the first week of Feb at the earliest.

Dave[/quote]

Cool! I can just stop checking the websites for a few days now.

[quote name='bbfinster']Mightyslacker....... is this your stance?

"The integrity of the Suikoden 4 freebies must be protected!!"

Yeah... you're a real hero...... Now go ahead and jump me for getting free stuff, too. I'll still find a way to get it. I always do. And you will be partially responsible for my receiving it. Thanks alot.....[/quote]

You know what? fuck you. Seriously. I'm a Suikoden fan and would've paid an extra $20 for a LE that would've had this shit and more in it and you're trying to get this extra stuff not even giving a fuck about it. It's FREE! While I respect that yeah, it's free stuff there are fans like me. I wanted this because I like Suikoden. Shit I would've bagged the artbook but I explained my situation above. I need to recheck and see if said person even came into EB and picked up their artbook then pick it up from there if not. Otherwise I'll buy the game from BB and get $5 off with the GGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back