Suikoden V: Free artbook AND LE soundtrack preorder at ebgames (B&M, no online yet)

Suikoden was a great game imo. Suikoden 3 was a good game, but the battle system sucked ass.

I got 4, but I never laid a finger on it yet.

The suikoden series like many RPG's this gen, died on the PS2(at least to me). It's going to take alot to get me back into jrpg series at this point.

[quote name='Msia']This is the game that Suikoden III/IV were meant to be. It's going to be the best one since II.

Edit: And you want to preorder Legendia over this? Time to get your priorities in order.[/QUOTE]

That's what it's looking like. I hated 3 and didn't even bother with 4.... but everything about the preview videos I watched of this game indicate that it will revive the greatness that was Suikoden I and II.

Seems like Suikoden V's release has been bumped up a week to 3/21 now. Im glad they decided not to release this alongside KH 2.

[quote name='Roufuss']Still no mention of an artbook / CD?[/quote] YMMV to the max. Ask your local EB if they are participating in it. I'm not sure, Im guessing its nationwide but you never know after the Subsistence fiasco.

[quote name='Roufuss']Still no mention of an artbook / CD?[/quote]

I just finished pre-ordering Suik V at the local gamestop (Rotterdam, NY). While I was there the manager called some higher-ups and was told that the artbook will definitely be coming in, and that the deal should be valid for all gamestop/ebgames.

[quote name='tambasmd']I just finished pre-ordering Suik V at the local gamestop (Rotterdam, NY). While I was there the manager called some higher-ups and was told that the artbook will definitely be coming in, and that the deal should be valid for all gamestop/ebgames.[/QUOTE]

Its either online for me or nothing, I don't really trust the people at the local game stores to actually set aside the bonuses with the game.

[quote name='tambasmd']I just finished pre-ordering Suik V at the local gamestop (Rotterdam, NY). While I was there the manager called some higher-ups and was told that the artbook will definitely be coming in, and that the deal should be valid for all gamestop/ebgames.[/QUOTE]
Any word on the soundtrack? When I preordered the Manager only mentioned an Art Book and no soundtrack.

[quote name='BiLo']Any word on the soundtrack? When I preordered the Manager only mentioned an Art Book and no soundtrack.[/quote]

Actually, that is what happened with me as well, I was only told about the art book and no mention of the soundtrack was made.

Is this deal still going on? Doesn't look like it at ebgames.com, but how about in-store?

By the way, from what I've been reading, people think Suikoden V is better than SII. I don't know if some of despised SII, but it's one of my favorite games.

Edit: Called two gamestops and both said there's a chance of an artbook, but not guaranteed you'll get it. EBgames said they didn't have anything and don't know if they will.

In related news, I am looking to acquire either a sealed Suikoden II or a sealed Valkyrie Profile this year. It is my goal to do this through trades, not just paying cash, but I am open to offers. CML for possible trades, or request a game(or games) you want to trade for it, and I'll hunt it down..

It's pretty disturbing that this doesn't seem to be offered online yet. It's not looking like it will, either, which is too bad b/c this is really a great preorder incentive. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for it to drop to $20...

[quote name='BiLo']Any word on the soundtrack? When I preordered the Manager only mentioned an Art Book and no soundtrack.[/QUOTE]
Assuming Konami is still giving it out and that it's like the LE Suikoden Tactics soundtrack, it'll be included inside the case for the first run of games. That's my guess as to why no one has it listed as a seperate preorder bonus...

[quote name='billg']In related news, I am looking to acquire either a sealed Suikoden II or a sealed Valkyrie Profile this year. It is my goal to do this through trades, not just paying cash, but I am open to offers. CML for possible trades, or request a game(or games) you want to trade for it, and I'll hunt it down..[/QUOTE]

I'm betting that Suikoden II will see one of those quiet re-releases this year like Rhapsody, Persona II, Gitaroo Man, etc. did last year.

[quote name='argyle']I'm betting that Suikoden II will see one of those quiet re-releases this year like Rhapsody, Persona II, Gitaroo Man, etc. did last year.[/QUOTE]

Very doubtful... if anything, Konami would just release the Suikoden 1 + 2 double pack for the PSP over here.

[quote name='nikkai']Suikoden 4 sucked.

Freakin, the boat travel times were soooo stupid. Made me give up on the game right there.

[/QUOTE]

hold down R1 to make the boat move faster(or it may have been r2, i dont remember)

[quote name='omegaweapon7']i pity any rpg that comes out within 50 days of kingdom heart2's launch date[/QUOTE]

Its funny i was just thinking that and thinking about the reason that Suikoden 2 is so rare. Its because S2 released the same week as Final Fantasy 8

You guys also need to check out Gamecrazy's preorder swag for the game, which is an art cell, instead of what EB/GS is offering. This, combined with the Metal Gear Acid 2 Solid Snake Kubrick preorder bonus, is just confirming that Gamecrazy is a great alternative to the two headed beast (aka EB/GS)

[quote name='Joe Fongul']You guys also need to check out Gamecrazy's preorder swag for the game, which is an art cell, instead of what EB/GS is offering. This, combined with the Metal Gear Acid 2 Solid Snake Kubrick preorder bonus, is just confirming that Gamecrazy is a great alternative to the two headed beast (aka EB/GS)[/QUOTE]
Is the preorder price $39.99 at all gamecrazy's and are they all doing this preorder deal?

[quote name='serum79']AND if you order within the next 16 hours or so you can use this code PS2SHIP
to get free 3 day shipping as per the gamestop.com stopwatch sale going on right now[/quote]

Oops, I didn't see that. :cry:

Time to cancel and reorder. :)

[quote name='serum79']AND if you order within the next 16 hours or so you can use this code PS2SHIP
to get free 3 day shipping as per the gamestop.com stopwatch sale going on right now[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Made a preorder. If I don't get the bonuses, I'm sending it back.

couldnt get it to work..........

This coupon will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. Here is the description of the coupon:

Free 3-Day Shipping on all pre-release PlayStation 2 games! Only one offer per order.

You may continue checking out without a discount; to receive a discount, read the coupon description above and make the appropriate adjustment(s) to your shopping cart.

Order Details: Handling Method: Order Date: 3/15/2006

Title Platform Qty. Availability Price
Suikoden V with Bonus! PS2 1 Pre-Release
ETA: 3/21/06 $39.99

Handling (No additional shipping fee): $2.99
Tax: $3.33
(Shipped and Charged Later) TOTAL: $46.31

[quote name='phantomer']couldnt get it to work..........

This coupon will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. Here is the description of the coupon:

Free 3-Day Shipping on all pre-release PlayStation 2 games! Only one offer per order.

You may continue checking out without a discount; to receive a discount, read the coupon description above and make the appropriate adjustment(s) to your shopping cart.

Order Details: Handling Method: Order Date: 3/15/2006

Title Platform Qty. Availability Price
Suikoden V with Bonus! PS2 1 Pre-Release
ETA: 3/21/06 $39.99

Handling (No additional shipping fee): $2.99
Tax: $3.33
(Shipped and Charged Later) TOTAL: $46.31[/QUOTE]
It worked for me. I was charged $43.09, same as the last preorder I made for SH:FTNW.

Nice deal. I love the Suikoden series and even enjoyed IV despite being the worst of the series. With the free artbook and soundtrack worst comes to worst I can get my money back down the road :) I don't think I'll be touching this game with Oblivion though... atleast for a few weeks.

[quote name='chaarlieee']It worked for me. I was charged $43.09, same as the last preorder I made for SH:FTNW.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me too.

Now to hope the game dosen't suck... I hate paying full price for games, but a soundtrack AND an artbook is too good of a deal to pass up.

got the artbook today, it is 40 something pages, same size the NIS artbook for Makai Kingdom. Which is too bad as the artbook for Suikoden 4 is real nice.

[quote name='62t']got the artbook today, it is 40 something pages, same size the NIS artbook for Makai Kingdom. Which is too bad as the artbook for Suikoden 4 is real nice.[/QUOTE]

..........wait it's not artbook like suikoden4/namco games by bradygames? crap that sucks. i guess musicCD's the reason why they cut back on artbook.

i rather have big artbook over music CD that only has partial tracks. more like sample music CD.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Thanks! Made a preorder. If I don't get the bonuses, I'm sending it back.[/quote]

you're welcome
I am only too happy to save fellow cag's $6 for shipping. That really makes it a sweet deal

Damn...I have to learn to read the fourms before ordering...I used the FREESHIPALL coupon code instead of the PS2ship that's being offered. Hopefully I'll get upgraded! Thanks for the heads up, OP!

P.S. The Suikoden IV art book does rock! What's the going price for it lately? Not that I would sell it...

I just pre-ordered this instore today cause I thought it was never appearing online. Guess I'll be moving my 5 bucks to KHII. Thanks for the tipoff.

Edit: Edit the topic title?

[quote name='62t']got the artbook today, it is 40 something pages, same size the NIS artbook for Makai Kingdom. Which is too bad as the artbook for Suikoden 4 is real nice.[/QUOTE]

Are the books in stores now? I pre-ordered this back in January, hopefully if I stop in today they'll have it (and a copy of Subsistence LE... please??)

After that whole Shadow Hearts: FTHNW disaster, I'm weary on ordering from gamestop.com's team of liars ever again. I already preordered at both EB and Gamestop in my area. I'll take my chances since they're more trustworthy now compared to those lying CSRs.

[quote name='sonarrat']Are the books in stores now? I pre-ordered this back in January, hopefully if I stop in today they'll have it (and a copy of Subsistence LE... please??)[/QUOTE]
The GS in my area is getting them in today, but I heard that some stores got them in earlier this week...

What does it mean if it says:
clear.gif
premium, suikoden v art book
1 [FONT=Verdana,Arial][FONT=Verdana,Arial]Back Ordered[/FONT][/FONT] $0.00
clear.gif

bread's done
Back