Suikoden V: Free artbook AND LE soundtrack preorder at ebgames (B&M, no online yet)

It says the artbook/cd is backordered. Will we still get it? I'm a little cautious after the whole SH1 thing.

Anyway, I'll just leave it at that.. if I don't get the bonuses, I'll return the game.

Just checked and mine also said it's back ordered, but like you said, if the artbook didnt come with the game, we can just return it.

Thanks for the info all! Just placed a pre-order as well since I'm a Suikoden fan, and little extras always get me excited :). I hope GS doesn't pull the same crap that they did with the DDS2 soundtrack......at least back then Atlus picked up for their slack, but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting Konami to do something like that if history repeats itself.

Why what happened with Shadow Hearts? I also got screwed out of the DDS2 soundtrack by gamestop.com, I'm hoping my relatively early order (after the bonus was posted, at least) will save me from that again. Did anyone preorder before the bonus was posted, did the bonus get added to your order?

[quote name='pete5883']Why what happened with Shadow Hearts? I also got screwed out of the DDS2 soundtrack by gamestop.com, I'm hoping my relatively early order (after the bonus was posted, at least) will save me from that again. Did anyone preorder before the bonus was posted, did the bonus get added to your order?[/QUOTE]
SH1 was supposed to ship free with SH:FTNW. It didn't for me and a lot of people. We all called in, they said they would ship SH1 within a few days. I got mine, but a lot of people called gamestop and were told that GS ran out of copies.

This is why you shouldn't open your game until you get everything..

[quote name='chaarlieee']SH1 was supposed to ship free with SH:FTNW. It didn't for me and a lot of people. We all called in, they said they would ship SH1 within a few days. I got mine, but a lot of people called gamestop and were told that GS ran out of copies.

This is why you shouldn't open your game until you get everything..[/QUOTE]
I had to call GS about not getting my SH1 game and they said they would send it out. I got it a few days later. So hopefully this time the bonus items come with Suikoden V right away instead of going through the hassle of calling them and waiting for it to come.

[quote name='chaarlieee']It says the artbook/cd is backordered. Will we still get it? I'm a little cautious after the whole SH1 thing.

Anyway, I'll just leave it at that.. if I don't get the bonuses, I'll return the game.[/quote]

They probably set it like that so it ships along with the game so they don't need to send two packages.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I went and put my preorder down and I got my artbook/CD. It's smallish. I haven't opened it yet.[/QUOTE]
if you goto the store will they give you the artbook/soundtrack today? before the game comes out? obviously I have a preorder setup B&M

[quote name='adezero']if you goto the store will they give you the artbook/soundtrack today? before the game comes out? obviously I have a preorder setup B&M[/quote]
If they happen to have it in stock they will if you ask.
It's actually quite cool. The book is the size of a ps2 game manual. It's in a cardboard foldout display that holds the CD and book. I think it's a very nice bonus item.

[quote name='maxgle']can anyone post a picture of the artbook and CD for us? thanks.[/quote]
Here's some quick pictures:
Picture of the entire thing closed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/AngellicLulu/DSC00705.jpg

Picture of it opened:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/AngellicLulu/DSC00706.jpg

Picture of the artbook compared to a game case:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/AngellicLulu/DSC00707.jpg

Picture of the opened artbook:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/AngellicLulu/DSC00708.jpg

Hope this helps. I can take more if needed.

[quote name='Dkellar']How many pages is the artbook?[/QUOTE]

yah, the last one had at least 100 pages I think. with pictures of all chars and most monsters and landscapes of cities and stuff

Gamestop charged my credit card today, so looks like this one is on its way. The artbook still says "Usually ships in 24 hours", though.

[quote name='Amankhan']Gamestop charged my credit card today, so looks like this one is on its way. The artbook still says "Usually ships in 24 hours", though.[/QUOTE]
Yep.. I got charged as well. I have to go deposit 40 something dollars before I get an overdraft charge.. again.

They still hadn't gotten this in at either the GS I pre-ordered at or another one across town so I just went to EB and got one from one of the guys I know. ^_^

It's pretty decent, I picked mine up today at EB when I preordered. It's smaller then I expected but a very nice package.

I had NO friggin' idea the main character was a guy. XD

Yeah they're already charging me as well, which is bad because I was planning on swinging by my local GS and seeing if they got the bonus in, and cancelling online if they did. Now I have to pray they actually send what they say they will. :roll:

Ha, after the shit Gamestop has put me through this week on preorders (sending people their MGS LEs who ordered AFTER me, and sticking me with a "backorder" status, not sending me the Shadow Hearts 1 preorder bonus, but still having it listed on the packing slip), I'll never preorder online again, especially from those incompetent idiots. It'll take one hell of a deal just to get me to order from GameStop again, period.

Anyway, I hope you all get your bonuses. Just keep calling them and bitching at them if you don't, that's the only way things will get done.

If I go instore and preorder it tonight, if they don't have the bonus, is it possible to still get it when the game comes in? I totally forgot to preorder this earlier because I was still thinking it was coming out on the 28th and forgot it got moved up.

[quote name='Zennousha']If I go instore and preorder it tonight, if they don't have the bonus, is it possible to still get it when the game comes in? I totally forgot to preorder this earlier because I was still thinking it was coming out on the 28th and forgot it got moved up.[/quote]
from what people have said and my own personal experience, if you're going b&m then i would suggest trying to an EB-branded store instead of a gamestop-branded store if you have the choice; both gamestops i called in my area said they didn't have the bonus yet but the eb did. i went there and put $5 down and walked out with the artbook and cd (it's one package) today. i'd just call ahead - you're taking much less of a chance if you can just find a store that has them now.

I'd like to but the nearest EB is like half an hour from here usually. I reserved it at Gamestop and I guess I will just sit and hope. Maybe I'll try and get an afternoon off and run to the EB to see if they have extras later in the week if Gamestop falls through on me.

I went to EB yesterday and walked out with a copy of the artbook after putting $5 down.

I'm not sure if I will actually pick up the game since I have a still huge backlog and by the time I get to this game, it would have already dropped in price :whistle2:k Besides, MGS3:S, Kingdom Hearts 2 and FF-XII will jump the line too.

Just got my artbook. I've been looking at the artbook and noticed an error. I'm not sure if anybody noticed this, but I'm sure the names of the runes on the bottom of page 38 are named incorrectly except the True Earth rune. Can anybody confirm this?

[quote name='Roufuss']I think its time to cancel this and go find it at a B&M.[/QUOTE]

Why? My orders page still shows that I'm getting the preorder bonus.

Its just cancelled for anyone who hasn't preordered yet. Seeing as how the game ships tomorrow, kinda makes sense that they'd remove the preorder bonus.

[quote name='Amankhan']Why? My orders page still shows that I'm getting the preorder bonus.

Its just cancelled for anyone who hasn't preordered yet. Seeing as how the game ships tomorrow, kinda makes sense that they'd remove the preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

Because the last few times they've did this, with the Shadow Hearts preorder bonus and I believe the MGS 3 preorder bonus, people have reported not getting it from Gamestop.com. It also happened on the Digital Devil Saga 2 preorder bonus.

And it kind of dosen't make sense, because I can still order Tales of Legendia and get the artbook. I just don't want to deal with the fact that I may open my package and find the bonuses not there, then have to deal with GS's shitty customer service.

Yep, got Shadow Hearts wiithout bonus, even though it was listed on packing list. Total crock. I mailed them and they wrote back saying sorry and offered me free ground shipping on my next order. So insulting.

Thanks for the info. The EB near me still has a few of the art books in stock, so I'll swing by there on my lunch & grab one. Hopefully I can still cancel my online order with Gamestop.

How do EB preorders work? I know at gamestop I can buy it and then get the full refund back if I return it, and some let me cancel the preorder and use the money towards something else. I really don't want to pay 50 bucks for suikoden V, but I already preordered it.

Just trying to figure out if the book cost me 5 bucks, or if I can use that money on something else or get it back.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']How do EB preorders work? I know at gamestop I can buy it and then get the full refund back if I return it, and some let me cancel the preorder and use the money towards something else. I really don't want to pay 50 bucks for suikoden V, but I already preordered it.

Just trying to figure out if the book cost me 5 bucks, or if I can use that money on something else or get it back.[/quote]
Perhaps you can pick up your preorder, and return it for a full refund within 14 days of pickup.

I called gamestop and they said that tuesday is the day they ship it and wednesday is the day most stores have it, is this true?

[quote name='adezero']I called gamestop and they said that tuesday is the day they ship it and wednesday is the day most stores have it, is this true?[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

[quote name='Rihan']I'll just go ask if they have any left and get one for free like I usualy do. :D[/QUOTE]

Went in to an EB today on my way back to school from spring break and managed to do the same. Definitely didn't hurt that they hadn't had any preorders for the game at all.

I picked up to preorder at EB, then came home to cancel my order w/ gstop.com, only to find they were already in the process of shipping it. This will be more of a pain than I'd like.

bread's done
Back